"parents wouldn't do this"

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by BobC, May 26, 2003.

1. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Both Lou Smit and Trip DeMuth have based their belief in the Ramseys innocence on their inability to believe that parents would ever do such evil things as stun-gunning their own child or garroting them.

I am dedicating this thread to posting links to articles on such acts of cruelty to children by their parents or guardians, just to illustrate how juvenile Smit's idea is. Parents can and do torture, mutilate, and kill their kids every day.

Warning--if you are easily upset do not follow these links because some of it is pretty damn shocking.

2. BobC

3. BobC

4. BobC

5. BobC

6. BobC

7. BobC

8. BobC

9. BobC

10. BobC

11. BobC

I trust I've made my point

These are all real stories which have occured in the past couple of weeks and many of the perpetrators had no known history of child abuse. So keeping these crimes in mind, ask yourselves why a Trip DeMuth or Lou Smit would so naively assert that the Ramseys couldn't have done similar crimes to their own child?

Is it because they have money? Are supposedly Christians? Or because Patsy is a Former Miss West Virginia and charming?

12. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

<I>"child-welfare officials had told him he couldn't "break bones" or "draw blood" when delivering discipline."</I>

And people need to be told this?.......if you didn't already know this you have no business spanking.... good grief a smack on the butt get the message across.

13. BobC

well what about garroting? is that bad?

14. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Murdered child's last days

By Louise Milligan
    May 23, 2003

JUST hours before she was murdered by her mother, Laura Folbigg frolicked around a backyard pool wearing floaties like any toddler enjoying the last gasp of summer.

The home video of the 19-month-old Laura was one of the glimpses into the bizarre life of Kathleen Folbigg shown to the jury that found her guilty of killing her four young children, but until now kept from the public.

Folbigg, 35, from Singleton in the NSW Hunter Valley, was convicted on Wednesday of three counts of murder, one of maliciously inflicting grievous bodily harm and one of manslaughter.

The NSW Supreme Court jury found she smothered Caleb, 19 days, Patrick, eight months, Sarah, 10 months, and Laura, 19 months, one by one over a decade.
    ...snip

Perhaps even more chilling are the photographs of Laura and Sarah's empty bedrooms, showing a cheery Wiggles bedspread and a pair of sandals never to be worn again.

Also in the exhibits are the diaries in which Folbigg documented the "dark moods" and "battle of wills" the prosecution said drove her to kill her children.
    ...snip

The diaries seem innocuous, covered in teddybears and cherubic children, but they contain those now infamous words, "Obviously I'm my father's daughter", referring to her murderer natural father, Thomas John Britton.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,6479345%5E2702,00.html

15. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Mother 'stopped babies breathing'

A mother squeezed her babies' chests and blocked their noses until they died, a court was told.

Qualified pharmacist Trupti Patel, 35, appeared before Reading Crown Court accused of murdering her daughter Mia, aged 22 days, and her sons Jamie, aged 15 days, and Amar, aged three months.
    ...snip

Opening the case against Mrs Patel, prosecuting counsel Paul Dunkels QC said: "For a mother to kill her own children in this way is against nature and instinct as we would normally understand it.
    ...snip

An examination of Mia's body was carried out at Great Ormond Street Mr Dunkels said that after her death her body was transferred to Great Ormond Street Hospital in London so she could be fully examined.

The court was told pathologists found she had a number of fractures to her ribs which were consistent with being squeezed by an adult.

The two pathologists who carried out a post-mortem examination on Mia found evidence consistent with a prolonged episode of interrupted breathing causing a reduction in the supply of oxygen to the body.

Mr Dunkels said that no natural cause had been identified to explain the deaths of Amar, Jamie and Mia but that there were features in all three cases which indicated that someone had obstructed the breathing of each baby.

"Intention to kill"

He said the presence of Mrs Patel was the "compelling factor" in each of the three deaths.

He added: "This mother for some reason felt compelled to attack her babies.

"We cannot say why she went against all the natural instincts of a mother but we suggest that the evidence will show that each time she must have in some way obstructed the breathing of her babies, whether by squeezing the baby's chest or placing something over the baby's nose and mouth or both, taking each of them to the very edge that divides life and death.

"Her intention must have been to kill or cause really serious bodily harm to her babies."
    ...snip

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/berkshire/2985309.stm

16. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

<I>well what about garroting? is that bad?</I>

BobC... sadly,it would appear not....

17. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I remember

when I was a little girl how people would talk in hushed tones about the mental hospitals that were in operation then. They were horrid things, and anyone could be committed on the word of a relative of anyone who simply wanted to be rid of someone. They used to talk about electric shock treatment and how bad they were.

They've done away with those kinds of mental hospitals around here, maybe throughout NYS, I don't know. I only know that these days, there are no facilities around here for long-term mental patients. The old mental hospitals are gone, and there is only a wing in the city hospitals for a three-day stay for people who have done weird things and need to be evaluated. I don't know where they go after that if they really need long-term care, but I do know that most of them are let back on the streets with cautions to "take your medicine."

No one would ever want those kinds of hospitals back - they truly were horrid and if you weren't mentally ill when you went in there, you probably were by the time you were let out. There are half-way houses all over the place - homes where mental patients live, free to wander the city during the days.

Does it seem like there are an awfully lot of crazies out there? I can't remember when I was young hearing such terrible stories of parents killing their kids. In fact, I never heard of such a thing then. Is it because people put their mentally ill away before they could harm someone, then?

I don't know the answers, but there are a lot of nuts running loose today, killing their babies and doing other crazy things. Seems that we as a society should be paying more attention to the mentally ill, stepping in before they commit these horrid crimes. We have failed miserably at getting these people off the streets. In fact, we have put them back on the streets. Is it any wonder we're having so many unfit mentally ill parents killing their kids?

18. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

IMHO, no one steps up to being accountable for their own actions these days. It's too easy to chalk their misdeeds up to a bad childhood or bad boss or bad life or whatever and get someone to write them a script for those meds you are talking about WY.

As a society, we ignore the problem because it's cheaper to fill those prescriptions than to address the problem. Can you imagine insurance companies and HMO's approving long term care for the mentally ill when doctor's practically have to write a dissertation to keep a critical care patient in the hospital one more day? Ah...don't get me started here.

19. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

True, that, JR

and I firmly believe there are so many spoiled and damaged adults because when they were growing up, they never had to face any consequences for their actions. Jr got caught using drugs? That's okay, mom and dad smoke the bong, too. Go buy him a car. Little sister's got bad grades? Hell, buy her a car, too. Jr got caught robbing a convenience store? Give him probation and seal his records. Little sister got caught shoplifting? Deny it.

I realize there are many responsible parents who do teach their kids there are consequences for their actions, both legal and otherwise, and I know there are a lot of kids who get the crap knocked out of them by their parents on a regular basis. Parents who do NOT teach their kids consequences for their actions damage their kids in another way. These kids grow up thinking they are entitled to do whatever they want with no consequences for their actions. There are a few of these posting at another foum that really has me disgusted right now, more than usual. They say and do whatever they want with no regard to the consequences for their victims or themselves.

It starts with their parents. Give your kid everything he wants no matter what his behavior is, and you've got yourself a future adult who thinks the world owes him. No wonder the world is so messed up.

20. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Father Missing After Two Children Found Dead

Children Found Dead In Beds

POSTED: 11:56 a.m. PDT May 30, 2003
    UPDATED: 12:04 p.m. PDT May 30, 2003

SAN DIEGO -- The father of two slain children remained missing Friday, and police believed he was in Santa Cruz County, possibly near the tiny coastal community of Davenport.

Authorities briefly closed coastal Highway 1 near Davenport on Friday morning, after they found the 1987 Ford Taurus of Jose Jesus Zacarias. The 38-year-old Santa Clara resident, last seen Thursday afternoon, was the stay-at-home caregiver for his children, 3-year-old Nicholas and 9-year-old Harmony.

Kim Zacarias found her children around 5:30 p.m. Thursday, dead in their beds. A detective described the blood-spattered scene as "gruesome" and "brutal."

Authorities searched for clues near the coast and in Santa Clara. California Highway Patrol dispatched a helicopter late Friday morning to search the shrub-covered mountains and rugged cliffs near the Pacific Ocean.
    ...snip

Santa Clara police have not named Zacarias as a suspect, but Sgt. Steve Bauer called him a "person of interest" in the killings. Witnesses reported seeing Zacarias with the boy earlier in the day.
    ...snip

The children appeared to have been strangled, Bauer said. Another police spokesman, Det. Jerry Rodriguez, later described the children's deaths only as "unnatural" but declined to comment on whether any weapons were found at the scene.

Zacarias, was believed to have connections in Mexico, north of Santa Rosa and in San Diego County.

"He's at the top on our list because he was the last one seen with the children," Rodriguez said.
    ...snip

Anyone with information about Zacarias' whereabouts was asked to call the Santa Clara Police Department.

http://www.thesandiegochannel.com/news/2238936/detail.html

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice