Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Default Suddenly Susan.......

Who is nothing like Patsy.

"I love rainbows, Mickey Mouse, the beach, mountains and waterfalls," the ad reads. "I consider myself to be sensitive, caring and kind-hearted. I'm currently serving a life sentence on the charge of murder."

The ad ends with the words: "May God bless each one of you!"

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/interne....ap/index.html

COLUMBIA, South Carolina (AP) -- The Web site that accepted a personal ad from convicted child killer Susan Smith seeking pen pals from her prison cell asked her Friday to withdraw the ad because the result has been "kind of a freak show." :alien:

RR

Default 40 Years Later

http://www.geocities.com/murder_stor...o_carolyn.html

I just watched the movie, A Promise to Carolyn, based on the above story. If you have time, read this Texas Montly story about justice after 40 years.
    Ring out the thousand wars of old, Ring in the thousand years of peace. Alfred, Lord Tennyson

"I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back."
    Maya Angelou

The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Nikeo I saw the movie. That whole family was a piece of work.

The natural mother was unbelievable. The step-mother a monster and the father was evil.

The fact that these two sisters finally got justice for their baby sister after so many years gives me some hope for JFJBR.

Tricia
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

Post Re: Suddenly Susan.......

"I love rainbows, Mickey Mouse, the beach, mountains and waterfalls," the ad reads. "I consider myself to be sensitive, caring and kind-hearted. I'm currently serving a life sentence on the charge of murder."
    You know what struck me immediately when I read that article RiverRat? There is not one word about loving children or family outings. Susan does not use the names of the babies she murdered - Michael and Alex. She does state, "I will always hurt for the pain I've caused so many, especially my children," but that is a me sentence. Look at the number of times she uses the word "I" in that brief ad. We see the same narcissistic personality traits over and over and over. JMH&CPO.
    Never let the children, Elders, the sick, or the infirm be exploited.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Let's bring all our missing and military home safely!

All of my thoughts written here are my constitutionally protected opinion.

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

©

Default Girl strangled, stabbed; couple charged

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

©

Default Re: Re: Suddenly Susan.......

Originally posted by "J_R"
    Susan does not use the names of the babies she murdered - Michael and Alex.
    Kind of like when Patsy continually referred to JonBenet as "that child".
    All statements in all messages by the user known as Adrian Monk are made as opinion based on the facts as understood by the poster at the time of the post.

All suspects, named and unnamed, are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

All rights reserved.

Default Police Rule Out Exorcism In Death Of Ga. Girl, 6

©

Default Mom kills baby with alcohol, wrongly believed he was sick

Suicidal mother kills 10-month-old baby with alcohol
    Tuesday, August 20, 2002 at 09:30 JST
    NAGOYA — A woman who was found drunk with her 10-month-old son dead beside her Monday at their apartment in Kariya, Aichi Prefecture, told investigators she had intended to die with her son by drinking alcohol, police said Tuesday.

The 30-year-old woman told police officers at the hospital where she is being treated, "I have been drinking with my child all day long," the police said.

The woman's husband, Hisanori Ikeya, 35, found their son, Makoto, apparently unconscious when he returned home from work around 7:45 p.m. He called an ambulance but the baby was pronounced dead at the hospital.

According to the police, an empty "awamori," distilled liquor bottle and two partly empty bottles of whiskey were also found in the room.

The police said the woman had left a message on her computer reading, "We planned to die together."

Ikeya said his wife had been despondent since May about raising they boy, wrongly believing that he was sick. (Kyodo News)

Default Mom under pressure kills kids say police

CALGARY, Alberta — A young Japanese woman was charged with second-degree murder in Canada on Wednesday in the deaths of her two children, heightening a drama that has gripped this city since police discovered the body of a toddler abandoned in a decrepit apartment in June.
    *SNIP

The diminutive woman, her feet shackled, watched intently during a brief court appearance as prosecutors laid the more serious charges in connection with Domenic's death and the death of another child, her three-month-old daughter Gemini, whose body has not been found despite a long police search.
    *SNIP

The case and intimate details of Fujii's life have dominated headlines in this city since Domenic's decomposing body was found in a vacant apartment on the edge of the famous Calgary Stampede fairgrounds on June 6
    *SNIP

Default Mother Kills Raped Daughter to Restore 'Honor'

November 17, 2003
    Mother Kills Raped Daughter to Restore 'Honor'
    According to The Seattle Times - Raped by her brothers and impregnated, Rofayda Qaoud refused to commit suicide, her mother recalls, even after she bought the 17-year-old a razor with which to slit her wrists. So Amira Abu Hanhan Qaoud says she did what she believes any good Palestinian parent would: restored her family's "honor" through murder.

Doting Father, Abusive Husband

To outsiders, Pearle's life had appeared as picture-perfect as her home. She was from a well-to-do family and worked as an antiques dealer; her husband John Battaglia was an accountant. Their first daughter, Faith, was born in 1992; their second, Liberty, came three years later.

"John was very charming, and giving and fun, and he was just wonderful," says Pearle of her former husband. "Everybody loved John."

But though Pearle had two beautiful girls, three dogs and a home in one of Dallas' wealthiest neighborhoods, she was also married to a man with a violent past.

"He did tell me before we married that he had gotten into an argument and hit his ex-wife," she says. "He didn't tell me that he'd broken her nose."
    'I Never Thought He'd Hurt the Children'

But on Christmas day in 1999, Pearle let him in to see the girls. An argument erupted.

"I saw him coming, and so I just grabbed my head and I fell on to Liberty's mattress, and I covered my head," says Pearle. "He was just pounding on me as hard as a man can pound on, on the back of my head. And I'm screaming 'Call 911! Call 911!'"

The paramedics came, says Pearle, but she didn't go to the hospital because she wanted to prepare Christmas dinner for her family. "I wanted to try to let them know everything was OK," she says.

Battaglia was charged with misdemeanor assault and pleaded guilty. He got two years' probation, was forbidden contact with Pearle, and denied visits with his daughters for 30 days.

Filing for divorce

After seven years of torture often witnessed by her daughters, Pearle had had enough. She filed for divorce, hoping, she says, that her husband would get help and pull the marriage together. Meanwhile, the Dallas County family court allowed John to see the girls, but not to enter their home.

One Wednesday night last spring, Pearle drove the girls to their usual drop-off point: a parking lot at a local shopping center. The girls got into their father's pick-up truck, and Battaglia drove them to his apartment near downtown Dallas.

Pearle — who did not know that Battaglia was tipped off about her wanting him arrested — had an eerie feeling. She cancelled her plans and drove to a friend's home. On the way there, she was told by her mother that the girls wanted to speak with her.

Pearle called.

"'Mommy, why do you want daddy to have to go to jail?'" she says one of the girls asked her. Then, she says, she heard Faith yelling, "'No daddy, no daddy. Please don't do it.'"

She heard gunshots — and then silence.

She drove to Battaglia's apartment, where detectives told her that the two girls were dead.

"It's the most empty feeling you can ever have in your life," says Pearle, "that everything, all your hopes, your dreams, your everything, is just gone."

Sentenced to Death

At first, Battaglia was nowhere to be found. He had fled to a bar to place one last spine-chilling phone call to his daughters.

"Goodnight my little babies," he said. "I hope you're resting in a different place. I love you, and I wish that you had nothing to do with your mother. She was evil and vicious and stupid. I love you dearly."

Then, in another bizarre twist, he stopped at a tattoo parlor and had two roses tattooed on his arm: one for each girl. Police captured him outside the parlor at 2 a.m.

Default oh my gaud!!!

this is all so horrific.

i was in dallas when that guy killed
    his 2 daughters.

so very sad!!!
    purr