More on Stine Investigation

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by LurkerXIV, Jun 5, 2003.

1. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

From today's papers and BPD press release:

http://www.ci.boulder.co.us/comm/pressrelease/RAMSEY/pr030604.html

****snip***

Further investigation led police to the Internet Protocol (IP) numbers from where the suspect had been accessing the becknerbpd@hotmail.com account. Since early March 2003, all access to the becknerbpd@hotmail.com account were from a single Netcom (now owned by Earthlink) dial-up account.

A search warrant was obtained and executed for Earthlink in Georgia. According to Earthlink's records, the account holder that has been accessing the becknerbpd@hotmail.com e-mail account is Susan B. Stine, 5760 Long Grove Drive, Atlanta, Georgia. Susan Stine is known as a close friend of John and Patsy Ramsey and has been interviewed as a witness in reference to the Ramsey investigation.

The search warrants also yielded other messages that had been received by the becknerbpd@hotmail.com account. A number of these messages indicate that the becknerbpd@hotmail.com user had been attempting to convince others that he/she was Chief Mark Beckner. Others appeared to be nonsensical. Please note that investigators were able to confirm that the messages to and from Rocky Mountain News reporter Charlie Brennan and Rita Johnson were received/sent by those individuals. The other messages were not confirmed as received or sent by those parties.

At the request of the Boulder Police Department, members of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) went to Ms. Stine's residence in an attempt to interview her on June 3, 2003. However, she refused to talk with the GBI agent.

Chief Mark Beckner is alarmed by the discovery that his name and position as Boulder Police Chief has been used in an effort to communicate with others. "Given the history of the Ramsey case and the concerns we have had with information being distributed to the public, often times inaccurate information, this discovery is disturbing," stated Chief Beckner. "I want the media and public to know that if they have received communications from this e-mail address purporting to be me, that it is bogus. My official e-mail address is public and is becknerm@ci.boulder.co.us."

Under Colorado law, Criminal Impersonation is a class 6 felony and Impersonating a Police Officer is a Class I Misdemeanor.

The Boulder Police Department and the Boulder County District Attorney's Office have agreed to issue a letter to Susan Stine advising her of the unlawful conduct and that the use of Chief Beckner's name in such a manner must cease immediately. The becknerbpd@hotmail.com account has been frozen by MSN Hotmail.

The Boulder Police Department would like anyone receiving e-mail messages from any reported member of the Boulder Police Department to know that official e-mail addresses use the members last name and first initial followed by @ci.boulder.co.us. If you are not sure that a message is legitimate, please call the department member to confirm that they did in fact send the message. "We are concerned that there could be other messages out there reportedly from either me or other department members that are fake in an attempt to either receive information or communicate false information," stated Beckner.

****snip****

On June 3, 2003, Chief Beckner did receive an e-mail from Susan Stine in which she apologized for using the hotmail account, describing it as a sophomoric prank and apologizing for any distress she may have caused.

Anyone with additional information is encouraged to call Boulder Police Detective Jim MacPherson at (303) 441-3330.

2. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

<I>Others appeared to be nonsensical.</I>
    Proof Stine posts at the swamp. LOL

BTW, Does Boulder ever prosecute crime?

3. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

They may prosecute.

Sounds like the investigation is ongoing. Stine used this ploy to solicit information . Did she email any of the grand jurors? Charges may be forthcoming for obstruction of justice.

4. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

All kidding aside I wonder if the nonsensical mail was Patsy?

5. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I'd love to think that nasty, vicious woman will spend some time in jail or prison, but as we've seen for six plus years, nobody connected to the Ramseys ever gets prosecuted. This is a crime across state lines though so hopefully someone will go after her.

Isn't it amazing how sleazy the pro-Rams are?

6. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Some Classic Jann Scott:

JonBenet Ramsey Murder Case: The DA's office has stepped up its investigation quietly this week away from the prying eyes of the media vortex and cyber sleuths (between Jameson and Mrs. Brady, those two could screw up a wet dream) ...with investigators spending more time on it. Mark Beckner and Lou Smit are on good terms according to both of them.

Smit has nothing but admiration for Boulder PD. Of course Beckner was back working the case again this week with cokehead Susan Stine running amuck. Former detective commander Joe Pelle, now Sheriff, announced today that his relationship with Boulder PD and CU PD is terrific. Past sheriffs and PD relationships have not been good, and Koby and Epp hardly spoke over the Ramsey case, but they talked to me. More about them next week.

7. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Scott on Stine

Susan Stine is a stupid idiot: It takes a complete bonehead to send out press releases and letters from your own computer impersonating Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner. Stine is a Patsy Ramsey Gal Pal who moved to Atlanta to be with her Mom's Gone Bad softball teammate. Was she on crack? Boulder PD is still investigating to see how many phony Mark Beckner communiqués she sent out. She's not out of the woods yet; detectives are still investigating possible felony charges. What the hell was this woman thinking? It does show the continued nutball characters surrounding the JonBenet Ramsey murder case, especially the Ramseys and their friends.

8. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Lurker has this

link a couple different places here, I think, but it's just too good to hide behind a link. Here it is in all its glory, LOL:

Cyber sleuths on the loose: For the past three weeks I have been on some of the JonBenet Ramsey cyber sleuth forums like www.cybersleuths.com , www.websleuths.com, and www.jameson245.com . All of these forums are mostly women who have transitioned from TV soaps to JBR forums run by control bitches...like jameson245.com. Only, a few of these detective ladies are pretty smart. But most like Ashley, Maikai and Jameson are evil vortex monsters who lie and prey over JonBenet's grave and suck the lifeblood of our beloved Boulder. Koby hated Jameson. Beckner had no use and Lou Smit takes them all in stride as "fascinated with the case." I find them petty and disgusting.

Lin Wood, Ramsey attorney lies: As you know when Lin Wood appeared on Larry King Live, we caught him in 20 lies that he could never explain. I produced 2 one hour TV shows on Wood's lies that Boulder PD's legal department requested and put in their case file. I mean why lie?

Lou Smit: DA investigator told me on Friday that Lin Wood "is so unfamiliar with the case that he could easily make mistakes and not intentionally lie. But it still troubles me that neither Wood nor the Ramsey's have dumped Susan Stine. She put their credibility back at zero."

One reader asks if Fleet White has been cleared. Both Lou Smit and Mark Beckner tell me that the Whites were cleared early on, and that they have been DNA tested.

Another reader asks, "Have the Ramseys been cleared?" According to Lou Smit, "As far as I'm concerned they are. They are not suspects. They didn't do it."

JonBenet Ramsey Murder Case: The DA's office has stepped up its investigation quietly this week away from the prying eyes of the media vortex and cyber sleuths (between Jameson and Mrs. Brady, those two could screw up a wet dream) ...with investigators spending more time on it. Mark Beckner and Lou Smit are on good terms according to both of them. Smit has nothing but admiration for Boulder PD. Of course Beckner was back working the case again this week with cokehead Susan Stine running amuck. Former detective commander Joe Pelle, now Sheriff, announced today that his relationship with Boulder PD and CU PD is terrific. Past sheriffs and PD relationships have not been good, and Koby and Epp hardly spoke over the Ramsey case, but they talked to me. More about them next week.

blah blah

From the Jameson sucking media vortex capital of America,

Jann Scott
    Boulder

9. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I don't get Smit

I am still Stunned to the bone that Louise Smit has been talking to Jann Scott about the investigation. I guess I can understand general "how's the investigation going?" type talk, but to get into specifics, like as far as Smit's concerned the Ramseys have been cleared and didn't kill their kid just irks me. Any time Smit can get something out there claiming his beloved Ramseys didn't do it and boosting his intruder theory, he'll do it. It is unprofessional for him to make comments like that in an ongoing murder case, but that's one reason this case is such a disaster. He has deliberately aimed his intruder theory toward potential jurors, and for a detective to do that is just bizarre and unethical.

It is also puzzling to me that Smit seems to be the only one talking about the case. Is he the head honcho in the investigation. I don't know what to think about Scott's articles. Funny he thinks we are all women who have transitioned from soaps to forums. I agree there are some real dumb chits who have nothing else to do but sit at their computers all day - mostly at the swamp - but there are on other forums some brilliant posters with excellent critical thinking skills and careers to boot.

10. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Remember this?

Another Susan Stine prank?

From the Ramsey Book, Death Of Innocence: Patsy Ramsey relates the following incident that interrupted the Christmas Party.

"During the party Fleet White used our phone to make a series of calls, trying to get some medicine to his mother in a hospital in Aspen, Colorado. Apparently he dialed wrong and got 911. The Police called back, but after checking with Fleet and the rest of the people at the house, Susan Stine informed them that the call was a mistake. The 911 call still remains somewhat of a mystery."

Patsy says that Susan Stine checked with Fleet White and "the rest of the people at the party." A good assumption would be that she also checked with John Ramsey. It seems likely that John Ramsey would remember if Susan Stine ask him about making an emergency call to the police department during that Christmas Party.

Credit to Little/Sisu JBR Forum

11. Ginja

Ginja Member

Stine gets hers...I hope!

Stine may want to pawn this off as a sophomoric prank...that might have worked if she just opened the account and emailed Brennan...but she didn't.

That account was opened at least three years ago! Who has she been contacting for three years, impersonating Beckner?

Why would she have even opened an account in Beckner's name if she wasn't up to no good.

This was no sophomoric prank!

She pulled her little impersonation stunt on the internet...can't the FBI get involved?

The hammer has to start falling on all these characters involved with this case...all of them...from the Ramseys to Smit to Stine to Jameson and Mame...

People have to take responsibility for their actions...and when those actions include murder, lying, misrepresentations, slander and slew of other broken laws, they have to be held accountable.

If no one in Boulder's got the balls to stand on the side of justice, then perhaps someone else like the FBI or APD will step up to bat.

They need to throw the book at Stine. Hopefully, the domino effect will knock down all the rest of these lying criminals!

12. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Ginja good to see you.

I agree with everything you said.

Domino effect is what I am hoping for.

I am glad things are quiet. I believe the cops have learned a lesson. Do things under the radar then strike. I hope that is what is happening here.

13. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Hi, Ginja!

Mr. L. says HI!, too. You are one of his favorite JBR casewatchers and advocates for justice.

He cannot believe that Stine was not grabbed up immediately for internet crimes....an interstate offense of impersonating a police officer.

Imagine if it were you or I or szundi (just to mention a few) who had done this. We would be in the cooler already!

He and I both await the long arm of the law reaching to Atlanta to bring this horrible Stine woman to justice.

14. AK

AK Member

Good point, Ginja and Tricia

What do you bet the cops issued the press relsease and articles to compel other people who received such an email to come forward. Like ST, others may have felt it was just silliness, but now that the scope of the scheme is being revealed, they may contact Beckner and compare notes. Hopefully they saved every post.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice