Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Was Patsy scared of John?

I've been reading at another place that JBR wet the bed about once a week, enough to have an extra bed in her room, pull ups to sleep in, and Fleet even had to bring her wet panties home in a bag from having an accident.
    That sounds like she had a problem to me, yet John says he didn't know she wet the bed and Jams excuses it by saying
    Patsy dealt with it and didn't bother John..........."perhaps in an abusive home the father would be aware of the bedwetting " blah blah blah, but not in this home or some such nonsence.

Now, to me this sounds more like Patsy was trying to keep this from John.
    I would be discussing the health of my children with their father along with having them checked out to make sure there wasn't a bladder or kidney problem.
    At the least ,I would probably complain to the father about cleaning a wet bed once in a while, ya know , it's in our blood to make sure our husbands know how hard we work.

So why would Patsy hide this from John? or John lie about not knowing? How perfect can your mariage be if one partner is in the dark about things like his children? somethings not right here.

Post Freebird

You have a valid point. How many mom's would not discuss their children and their children's behavior with their fathers? Part of being a family is discussing the accomplishments of each family member. When there is regression we as parents discuss that and more often than not all family members would be aware of those as well though parents should try to keep the embarrassment to the child at a minimum IMHO, therefore they might discuss these more so in private but they would and should discuss them.

Default JR

Its like that in my house, issues concerning my kids get discussed. That is why I don't understand, either Patsy was scared to tell John or was ashamed her daughter did this and kept it secret which I doubt since she had bought pull ups, so why would John deny knowing his daughter wet her bed?

Mabey he wanted to distance himself from her bed and the possible prior sexual abuse by claiming ignorance of JBs bed habits.

.....Just wondering why hir felt the need to slam ST and LHP on this bedwetting.

Default I agree

I discussed everything about the kids with my husband, but I didn't have bedwetters.... I had a friend whose boys wet the bed until they were around 11. She was very embarassed and her husband blamed her... Then she found out from his sister that he was a bedwetter!

I could be a heriditary problem... or sometimes kids are just so tired they have an accident... but, the fact that JB was trained and started again is troubling. I could understand it if it was a problem during Patsy's cancer crisis, but it didn't seem to be connected to stress... I've never heard of a chid out of diapers pooping in the bed.........
    When you defend the indefensible, you make the Ramsey's look even more guilty.....

The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Default Nandee

There are a variety of reason kids wet the bed.
    Everything from medical to emotional to just plain old sleeping too deep. Wetting the bed does not mean there is abuse in the family at all.

However.....

It is also a proven fact that children start wetting the bed when they are under stress or being abused. Not just sexual abuse. There are other types of abuse like emotional abuse. Yelling at a child. Tearing down a child's self esteem or (imo) forcing a child to perform, look perfect and to be "on show".

What Patsy did to JonBenet with the pageant scene was not normal. It was sick.

The fact that JonBenet was defecating in her bed AFTER being trained ( like nandee pointed out) speaks volumes as to JonBenet's emotional state.

Remember none of us, no matter how close we think we are to certain people, really know what goes on in the home when the doors are shut.

Patsy dyed her 6 year old daughter's hair blond for the pageants.

Patsy made her 6 year old daughter perform ALL DAY for the classes at her little school

Patsy dressed her 6 year old daughter up to look like a street walker so Patsy could have the glory of a cheap trophy to put in her trophy case.

No wonder JonBenet soiled herself.

JonBenet needed to escape.

Angel,

That makes alot of sence, when I was younger I got fat and tried to look ugly to keep 'anonymous' hands off me. If I don't look good then I won't get molested.

JB didn't really have that option with Patsy who made her even more attractive.
    I think it's telling if she was soiling her own bed to keep from being hurt, that would suggest that whatever was hurting her was happening in her own bed.

Default Angel

I get that to when I see him........
    can't put a finger on it but something just ain't right.

His reactions are just as abbynormal as Patsy and Johns.

I think there is some mental illness in that family somewhere.

The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Talking

In Steve Thomas' book Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation is the quote you are looking for Angel.

Prologue page 7, hard cover, last paragraph:

Six days later, during a party at her parents' home, a family friend came across a JonBenet who was seldom seen. The child was immaculate in a holiday frock, and her platinum blond hair was done perfectly, but she sat alone on a staircase in the butler's kitchen, crying softly. The friend sat beside her.

"What's wrong honey?"

Little Miss Christmas sobbed, "I don't feel pretty."

End of Prologue.

Makes me sick to think a 6 year old was made to feel like she should worry if she is "pretty" or not.

Hey Jams feel free to copy this too................

.........Ashley, code-six ..............thats all I got to say

Jams you should question why alot of abused people are drawn to this case?

being abused doesn't make us deranged or mentally incompetent,
    but we sure do have a better sence of the evil that is hidden in people, a more tuned radar if you like. Something stinks in this case and the smell is coming from the Ramseys.............. you figure out why.

Edited out of respect for this forum
    Last edited by Freebird; January 18, 2002, 1:18 pm at Fri Jan 18 13:18:23 UTC 2002.

Default Oh for heaven sake

jameson is on record (lots of us have the chat logs, BTW) as describing in sordid detail her own abuse as a child - raped by her brother, snakes thrown on her, pregnant 15 times, yada yada yada. The woman is nuts. Period.

*grin*
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

Default Jameson said,

"This poster was judging the Ramseys by her experience - I felt that was sad and unfair."

**** Wrong Jams, we were discussing possible reasons for children soiling the bed after being 'housebroken'........ a means of protecting yourself from someone was a possible reason, I simply backed that up by telling of one way I choose to try and protect myself. No where in that post was I judging the Ramseys.

Why you picked my post out of the whole thead is beyond me,but for you and asshley to try and ridicule or dismiss me simply because I was molested as a child is assinine.
    You show your ignorance by assuming people who have been molested spend their lives 'projecting' onto others.

I assure you I am just as normal and capable of seeing that the evidence in this case leads to the Ramseys regardless of having been molested.

You also stated....
    "I have seen abused children - with 34 foster kids you better believe it. I saw nothing in the Ramsey family when I met them (after the murder) that led me to believe they EVER were involved in any of that. Their other kids are the best witnesses they have."

**** You just judged the Ramseys by your experience, why should I not be allowed the same ?
    ...... your arrogance is exceeded only by your ignorance

You have allowed your ego to run amuk if you seriously think that you would be allowed to see the 'dark side' of an abuser simply because you fancy yourself as a super-dooper internet detective.

......Speaking of detectives, ain't that Steve Thomas just about the sexiest man you ever did see. I hope you remembered to wish him a happy Bday. LOL!

Default ...also...the time when JonBenet sat on the stairs...

...deeply distressed, and when asked why said she was "not pretty"...was in extreme proximity in time to:

A party the Ramseys were giving...and...

An extremely mysterious 911 call...and...

Within 48 hours of these events, JonBenet Ramsey was dead. Murdered.
    I seriously distrust this sort of "coincidence."
    Dunvegan
    Founder,
    Forums for Justice