Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Amber Alert! Christian Ferguson age 9 - St. Louis, MO

Amber Alert
    Issued Wednesday June 11.

Christian Ferguson

9 yrs., 4', 75 lbs, black male with light complexion with a short afro hairstyle.

Christian is severely mentally challenged and may be dressed only in a diaper and wrapped in a multicolored blanket.

He is on a special diet and requires medication twice a day or he may slip into a coma.

He was in his parents car in St. Louis MO US at about 6:30 AM on Wed. June 11 when it was stolen. The vehicle has been recovered but Christian is still missing.

Anyone with information is asked to call the St. Louis PD at 314-231-1212 or dial 911.
    Never let the children, Elders, the sick, or the infirm be exploited.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Let's bring all our missing and military home safely!

All of my thoughts written here are my constitutionally protected opinion.

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

©

Default Man says SUV was taken with child inside

updated: 06/11/2003 11:25 AM

St. Louis police were questioning a man Wednesday morning who said his SUV was carjacked with a disabled 9-year-old boy inside.

Police issued a SARAA Alert identifying the missing boy, who is severely disabled, as Christopher Ferguson, 9, African-American, four feet tall, weighing about 75 pounds, with short hair, last seen wearing a diaper and wrapped in a blue blanket. Police ask that anyone who sees him dial 911.

His father told officers it happened about 6 a.m. when he left the vehicle briefly at Skinker and Page to make a call at a pay phone.

The vehicle was recovered later in the morning in Ferguson, police said, but there was no sign of the child.

http://www.stltoday.com/

Note: The actual story link doesn't work currently.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

©

Default SARAA Alert activated in search for missing child

06/11/2003

St. Louis (KMOV) -- Police say they have located a stolen SUV, however, the handicapped child that was in the backseat when the vehicle was stolen is still missing.
    ...snip

The SUV was found just after nine Wednesday morning in Ferguson.

Investigators say the '99 maroon Ford Explorer was stolen from the 6100 block of Page at Skinker just after 6 a.m. Police say the father of the missing child got out of his SUV to use a pay phone, but left her keys in the ignition. That's when man says someone jumped in the SUV and sped away.

Police, some with search dogs, have been going through the area where the SUV was found, including railroad tracks near the neighborhood. Investigators say it is not clear if (Redacted) was in the vehicle when it was parked, or if he was taken out of the SUV somewhere along the way.

Officers are going door to door asking residents if they have noticed anything out of the ordinary. Detectives are asking those residents to check their yards.

Family members say (Redacted) is on a special diet and requires medication twice a day. They tell News 4 if he does not get his medication he could slip into a coma.
    ...snip

If you have any information about this case, police ask that you call 9-1-1.

©

Default SARAA Alert Issued For Missing Boy

6/11/2003 4:30:30 PM

(KSDK) -- A St. Louis Area Regional Abduction Alert or SARAA continues Wednesday afternoon in the search for a child who was sleeping inside an SUV this morning when it was stolen. Police say they've found the vehicle, but not the child.
    ...snip

Police found the SUV in a residential area of Ferguson, in North St. Louis County. Police immediately began canvassing the area, going door to door, and searching along two sets of railroad tracks that run through this area of Ferguson near Dade Street.

Search Description • Christian is "severely disabled."
    • He is a black male.
    • Short cropped Afro style hair.
    • Medium complexion.
    • Wearing a Pampers brand diaper.
    • Wrapped in a blue blanket, possibly with red trim.
    • Born September 9, 1993.

Meanwhile family and friends are congregating at the home of Christian Ferguson’s grandmother, Sandra Wilson, praying for the return of this child who they say has developmental disability problems.

Family members tell NewsChannel 5 that Christian may have Eura-Cycle Disorder, which prevents his body from digesting protein. Family members say if Christian doesn’t get a special medicine that he eats, the disease can be fatal within 24 hours. (emphasis mine)

NewsChannel 5 has learned that Christian’s mother and father were in court last week involved in custody resolutions. Christian’s step father and mother are being interviewed by police for any information that could lead to the discovery Christian’s wherabouts.

If you have any information please call the police at (314) 444-5504 or (314) 444-5327.

http://www.ksdk.com/News/news_articl...?storyid=42174

©

Default SARAA Alert activated in search for missing child

06/11/2003

St. Louis (KMOV) -- Police located a stolen SUV Wednesday morning, but the handicapped child that was in the backseat when the vehicle was stolen is still missing.
    ...snip

Police are not calling the father a suspect, but they had lots of questions for him and Christian's estranged mother, Theda Thomas, has lots of questions, too.

St. Louis police say they are not assuming the case is a stranger abduction. News 4 has learned Dawan Ferguson was questioned for five hours at police headquarters. Ferguson appeared last year in a News 4 report on private bounty hunters. He called himself D-Singleton at the time of the report. Ferguson now has a lawyer who says he is cooperating with police. The attorney says and police confirm that Ferguson is not being called a suspect.
    ...snip

Officers are going door to door asking residents if they have noticed anything out of the ordinary. Detectives are asking those residents to check their yards.

Family members say Christian is on a special diet and requires medication twice a day. They tell News 4 if he does not get his medication he could slip into a coma.

If you have any information please call the police at (314) 444-5504 or (314) 444-5327.

Dawan Ferguson as he appeared on News 4 in 2002.

©

Default Alert is called for missing disabled boy

By Bill Bryan Post-Dispatch
    updated: 06/12/2003 07:43 AM

Police are racing against time to find a profoundly disabled 9-year-old boy whose father reported him kidnapped and whose chance of survival more than a day without medication is considered slim. He remained missing this morning.

Publicly, officers called a St. Louis Area Regional Abduction Alert, the St. Louis region's equivalent of an Amber Alert. And they repeated the details they were told about a carjacker who drove away with Christian Ferguson in his father's SUV.

Privately, detectives questioned family members, too, and said they were considering all possibilities.
    ...snip

A nurse who had managed Christian's needs for about two years told a reporter that he would have been unable to let himself out of the vehicle or to communicate. She said he can walk, but very unsteadily.

The child suffers from a rare disorder that prevents him from digesting protein, and requires continuing medication and feeding through a tube in his abdomen. His former nurse said he was deeply impaired physically and mentally, and she warned that feeding him meat could put him into a fatal coma.

A source close to the case described the condition as argininosuccinate synthetase deficiency. He said the boy was in a "very brittle medical condition" and added, "If they don't find him within 24 to 26 hours, he won't be alive."

Experts say most children who develop the condition as newborns die quickly, although those who survive can be sustained for some time.

Ferguson told officers he was driving Christian to a hospital for treatment when he stopped at a pay phone to call a doctor. Investigators said they did not understand why he would do that when he had a cell phone with him.

He left police headquarters about noon, after asking for a lawyer. Police sources said he had refused to take a polygraph test.
    ...snip

Police said a woman who lives with Ferguson told them he had left the house with the boy about 4 a.m. Detectives said Ferguson did not account for the period from then until 6 a.m.

Theda Thomas, the boy's mother, said she was frantic to find her son: "He needs his medication, and he needs his food - if he doesn't get it, he's going to die." She called him "a loving and great child."
    ...snip

She said Christian suffered a seizure the day after he was born and went into a coma. Doctors diagnosed his condition and were able to give him a relatively normal first few years. With successive seizures, his condition worsened.

In 2001, he was in a coma for several weeks and suffered serious brain trauma, losing his ability to speak, she said.

When the parents separated in 1994, Ferguson got custody of Christian and Conner.

Ever since, Thomas said, she has fought to get the boys back. She said she and Ferguson were in court as recently as Monday.

Margie Binion, a licensed practical nurse with Maxim Health Care, said she had tended to Christian for about two years until January, when his government subsidy for home care was cut.
    ...snip

Details of the troubles between Ferguson and Thomas are sealed in juvenile records of the St. Louis Circuit Court. But their allegations of abusive conduct against each other have spilled into suits that Ferguson filed.
    ...snip

Stephen Pollihan, the acting St. Louis police chief while Joe Mokwa is out of town, said police were moving as swiftly as possible since "time is of the essence." Pollihan acknowledged a delay in issuing a public appeal for help, at 10:30 a.m.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...isabled+boy+++

©

Default SARAA Alert Continues in Search For 9 Year Old

6/12/2003 8:36:07 AM

(KSDK) -- It’s been more than 24 hours and still no sign of 9 year old Christian Ferguson. The child was reported missing yesterday morning.

Thursday, several units within the St. Louis Police Department are working to find Christian and at this point time is very precious.

Time Line of Events
    Shortly after six o'clock Wednesday morning Christian Ferguson's father reports his 1999 Ford Expedition stolen. Dewan Ferguson says he was on a payphone in front of a St. Louis check-cashing store in the 6100 block of page when someone jumped in his SUV and drove off with Christian in the backseat.

Over two hours later that expedition is recovered about 6 miles away on Ronbar Lane in Ferguson. The keys are missing and Christian is nowhere to be found.

Shortly after 11 a.m. St. Louis Regional Abduction Alert or SARAA Alert is officially issued by law enforcement. Police begin searching for Christian Ferguson between the Page, Skinker area and Ferguson.
    ...snip

Police aren't saying much even when asked if a stranger abducted Christian. They are looking at all aspects of the investigation and say it’s to early to determine what has actually occurred.
    ...snip

Family members tell NewsChannel 5 that Christian may have Eura-Cycle Disorder, which prevents his body from digesting protein. Family members say if Christian doesn’t get a special medicine that he eats, the disease can be fatal within 24 hours.
    ...snip

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=42174

©

Default Search continues for Christian Ferguson

By Bill Bryan Post-Dispatch
    updated: 06/12/2003 01:09 PM

Police are still searching for a profoundly disabled 9-year-old boy whose father reported him kidnapped and whose chance of survival more than a day without medication is considered slim. He remained missing this morning.

Volunteers were setting up a command post at the Marvin Park United Methodist Church. 9355 St. Charles Rock Road in St. John. They began distributing fliers on car windows and phone poles and were trying to decide where they might begin a search.

Many had put in time looking for Shawn Hornbeck, 11, who disappeared Oct. 6 while riding a bicycle near Richwoods, Mo. Chris Diamond, spokesman for the Scott Hornbeck search crew, said they would be careful Thursday not to get in the way of law enforcement.
    ...snip

The Shawn Hornbeck Search and Rescue Team brought in a search dog and 17 volunteers this morning to help in the search for Christian. Shawn Hornbeck, an 11-year-old Washington County boy, disappeared while riding a bicycle near in home in rural Richwoods, Mo., last October.

Kim Evans, a search team volunteer, said Christan's mother called the team Wednesday night to ask for their help. "We'll be available as long as needed," Evans said.
    ....snip

A source close to the case described the condition as argininosuccinate synthetase deficiency. He said the boy was in a "very brittle medical condition" and added, "If they don't find him within 24 to 26 hours, he won't be alive."
    ...snip

Theda Thomas, the boy's mother, said she was frantic to find her son: "He needs his medication, and he needs his food - if he doesn't get it, he's going to die." She called him "a loving and great child."
    ...snip

Stephen Pollihan, the acting St. Louis police chief while Joe Mokwa is out of town, said police were moving as swiftly as possible since "time is of the essence." Pollihan acknowledged a delay in issuing a public appeal for help, at 10:30 a.m.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...stian+Ferguson

©

Default Severely ill boy remains missing

By Bill Bryan and Jeremy Kohler Post-Dispatch
    updated: 06/12/2003 11:50 PM

Volunteers joined police in an increasingly grim rush Thursday to locate Christian Ferguson, 9, who disappeared the morning before and desperately needs daily medication to survive.

"It's doubtful that he's still alive," St. Louis Police Capt. Harry Hegger said as the day dragged on without news. Hegger heads the investigation into Dawan Ferguson's report that someone drove off with his parked SUV about 6 a.m. Wednesday with his son Christian in it.

Searchers who hunted in vain last fall for the missing Shawn Hornbeck in Washington County, Mo., set up a command post near Christian's mother's home in St. John. They used dogs to hunt for the boy in Ferguson, where the empty SUV was recovered about 8 a.m. Wednesday.
    ...snip

Searchers were hampered by having no idea where to look. Police had checked the area in Ferguson without success immediately after the SUV turned up. Officers continued the hunt Thursday from two helicopters.
    ...snip

Alexsis Johnson, 14, who lives on Ronbar Lane in Ferguson, where the SUV was found, told a reporter she saw it parked there between 6 and 6:10 a.m. Wednesday, about the same time Dawan Ferguson said it was being stolen about five miles away.

Johnson said she's sure of the time because she and her mother leave on schedule each morning to take her mother's boyfriend to work.
    ...snip

About 100 friends of the family paused in their search for Christian for a prayer vigil Thursday night at Page and Skinker.
    ...snip

Among the people who gathered to comfort the Wilsons was Angela Williamson, whose daughter, Cassandra "Casey" Williamson was abducted and murdered in Valley Park last year.

The Wilsons said volunteers will be needed for today's search beginning at 8:30 a.m. at the Marvin Park United Methodist Church, 9355 St. Charles Rock Road in St. John.

Christian's family set up two funds to receive financial help.

Donations to help pay the costs of searching can be made to Christian T. Ferguson Special Fund, Union Planters Bank, 10449 St. Charles Rock Road, St. Louis, Mo., 63114 or by calling 314-426-6900.

The family has collected $1,000 toward a reward for information leading to the safe return of Christian. Further donations to the fund can be made to the Christian Reward Fund, Bank of America, 944 St. Charles Rock Road, St. Louis, Mo. 63114 or by calling 314-284-1106.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...ins+missing+++

©

Default Vigils Held For Missing Pine Lawn Child

6/12/2003 11:08:35 PM

At two separate prayer vigils Thursday night, family, friends, and strangers gathered to support the family of a missing nine-year-old Pine Lawn boy through prayers and money.

A reward fund has been established to prompt information about what happened to Christian Ferguson. The so-far $1100 fund has been set-up by the Knights of Peter Claver, a Catholic organization, and by Dynasty Tours. Organizer Vincent Wallace, Sr., says the reward is contingent upon Christian's safe return.

At one of the prayer vigils, in Pine Lawn, participants inflated heart-shaped balloons, and marched down Sylvan Street to the home where Christian lived with his father. Then they sent the helium-filled balloons skyward.

The other prayer vigil was located at Page and Skinker, where Christian disappeared after the car he was sleeping in disappeared Wednesday morning.
    ...snip

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=42310

©

Default Vigils Held For Missing Pine Lawn Child

6/13/2003 9:29:51 AM

(KSDK) -- It's been nearly 48 hours since anyone has seen nine year old Christian Ferguson, but still his family is not giving up hope. Friday morning family members will organize a search for Christian in Pine Lawn.

Christian Ferguson. He is 9 years old.
    Christian was last seen in the 6100 block of Page Wednesday morning. Friends and family are now putting up posters with Christian's picture, hoping some one will recognize him. Thursday evening, friends, family and strangers held two separate prayer vigils to support the through prayers and money.
    ...snip

At the Page and Skinker prayer vigil, participants joined in singing church songs. they hoped "this little light of mine," would point search and rescue teams in the right direction.

Reward Donation Information Donations toward a reward fund for safe return of Christian Ferguson should be sent to:

Bank of America
    C/O "Searching for Christian Reward Fund"
    8944 St. Charles Rock Road
    St. Louis, MO 63114
    Place Account # 003479939699 on your check
    ...snip

Joining the search for Christian are volunteers from the Shawn Hornbeck foundation. They have set up a command center at Marvin Park United Methodist Church, at the intersection of Woodson and St. Charles Rock Road in St. John.
    ...snip

The Hornbeck Foundation will get the volunteer system up and running. then turn it over to local volunteers. Shawn Hornbeck is the Richwoods, Missouri boy who vanished last year while riding his bike.

If you know anything about Christian’s whereabouts, you're asked to call St. Louis police at 314-444-5327.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=42310

©

Default SEARCH DOGS; HORNBECK FOUNDATION HELPING

Volunteers are being asked to come help in the search for a severely disabled nine-year-old boy. Christian Ferguson has not been seen since Wednesday morning. Search dogs spent Thursday afternoon looking for any sign of Christian. Search Volunteer Bill Weldon said, "We reason things out in our minds. We search rhyme and reason. A dog just follows his nose." Volunteers with the Shawn Hornbeck Foundation (Shawn Hornbeck disappeared from Richwoods, Missouri last October) followed those dogs noses through the Ferguson neighborhood where the allegedly stolen SUV was abandonded, and tagging along was Christian's stepdad, Victor Thomas. He said, "We apprecitate the rescue teams helping. We're going to continue for however many days it takes, no matter how many months it takes, were not going to give up until we find Christian. The dogs simply look for a scent. Those at the other end of the leash in cases like these have to be prepared to find a boy or a body." While searchers and Christian's mother remains hopeful, her family have questions for Christian's father, who's 911 call sparked a S.A.R.A.A. alert and a metrowide search. When asked if Christian's Grandmother Sandra Wilson believed him, she said, "No. When he comes and talks to me, maybe I'll believe him." While dozens of volunteers search for Christian, police--including homicide detectives--search for any clues to the little boy's whereabouts. As detectives follow all leads, Victor Thomas will keep looking for a boy he's learned to love as his own. "When Christian became ill, he wasn't the same Christian we know, but as far as loving, that will never change." ...snip

http://www.fox2ktvi.com/default.htm

©