Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Investigators hired in search for missing boy

By Bill Bryan and Jeremy Kohler Post-Dispatch
    updated: 06/13/2003 12:16 PM

A lawyer for the father of a missing disabled boy said today that investigators had been hired to help find the child.

John Rogers, a lawyer for Dawan Fergsuon, said in a press conference Friday morning that he has hired investigators to follow up on the "few leads" available in the disappearance of Christian Ferguson, 9. He declined to discuss details.

Rogers said he is in continual touch with Ferguson. Asked why Ferguson was not present, Rogers said he did not want his client subjected to the kind of questions reporters would ask.
    ...snip

"It's doubtful that he's still alive," St. Louis Police Capt. Harry Hegger said as the day dragged on without news. Hegger heads the investigation into Dawan Ferguson's report that someone drove off with his parked SUV about 6 a.m. Wednesday with his son Christian in it.
    ...snip

Searchers were hampered by having no idea where to look. Police had checked the area in Ferguson without success immediately after the SUV turned up. Officers continued the hunt Thursday from two helicopters.

Christian is ill with a rare disorder called argininosuccinate synthetase deficiency, which inhibits his ability to process protein. It has long since robbed him of the ability to communicate or take care of himself.
    ...snip

Alexsis Johnson, 14, who lives on Ronbar Lane in Ferguson, where the SUV was found, told a reporter she saw it parked there between 6 and 6:10 a.m. Wednesday, about the same time Dawan Ferguson said it was being stolen about five miles away.

Johnson said she's sure of the time because she and her mother leave on schedule each morning to take her mother's boyfriend to work.

Detectives are not calling Dawan Ferguson a suspect in the disappearance, but police sources said he declined to take a polygraph and cut short interviews Wednesday after asking for a lawyer.

Police said he had inconsistencies in his story about driving the boy to the hospital. For example, investigators said they could not understand why he would stop to use a pay phone when he was carrying a cell phone.
    ...snip

The Wilsons said volunteers will be needed for today's search beginning at 8:30 a.m. at the Marvin Park United Methodist Church, 9355 St. Charles Rock Road in St. John.

Christian's family set up two funds to receive financial help.

Donations to help pay the costs of searching can be made to Christian T. Ferguson Special Fund, Union Planters Bank, 10449 St. Charles Rock Road, St. Louis, Mo., 63114 or by calling 314-426-6900.

The family has collected $1,000 toward a reward for information leading to the safe return of Christian. Further donations to the fund can be made to the Christian Reward Fund, Bank of America, 944 St. Charles Rock Road, St. Louis, Mo. 63114 or by calling 314-284-1106.

Donald E. Franklin of the Post-Dispatch contributed to this report.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...or+missing+boy
    Never let the children, Elders, the sick, or the infirm be exploited.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Let's bring all our missing and military home safely!

All of my thoughts written here are my constitutionally protected opinion.

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

©

Default Father of Missing Boy Calls Press Conference

6/13/2003 12:55:27 PM

(KSDK) -- As volunteers continue to search for 9 year old Christian Ferguson, a lawyer representing his father, Dawan Ferguson, held a press conference just before noon on Friday.

Attorney John Rogers explained that his client has not made any public statements because, “some people don’t like to grieve in public.” Rogers also said Ferguson has hired his own team of investigators to help in the search for the boy and that Ferguson was continuing cooperate with St. Louis City police.

However St. Louis Police Captain Harry Hegger, who is leading the investigation, told NewsChannel 5's Mike Owens that Ferguson stopped cooperating with police on Thursday. Hegger is of the belief that their worst fears may be possible because of the boy’s serious medical problems. Family members say Christian may have Eura-Cycle Disorder, which prevents his body from digesting protein. Family members say if Christian doesn’t get a special medicine that he eats, the disease can be fatal within 24 hours.

Hegger also says the investigators hired by Dawan Ferguson’s lawyers is misleading because they really have one former police officer asking questions.

Search Continues
    (KSDK) -- It's been nearly 48 hours since anyone has seen Christian Ferguson, but still his family is not giving up hope. Friday morning family members will organize a search for Christian in Pine Lawn.
    ...snip

Search Description • Christian is "severely disabled."
    • He is a black male.
    • Short cropped Afro style hair.
    • Medium complexion.
    • Wearing a Pampers brand diaper.
    • Wrapped in a blue blanket, possibly with red trim.
    • Born September 9, 1993.

...snip

Christian's father, Dawan Ferguson, told police he got out of the car, to use a pay phone, when somebody jumped in and drove off.
    ...snip

Joining the search for Christian are volunteers from the Shawn Hornbeck foundation. They have set up a command center at Marvin Park United Methodist Church, at the intersection of Woodson and St. Charles Rock Road in St. John.

Along with people, the Hornbeck group brought in dogs, specially trained to find human scents. The goal: go over areas previously covered by the police.

The Hornbeck Foundation will get the volunteer system up and running. Then turn it over to local volunteers. Shawn Hornbeck is the Richwoods, Missouri boy who vanished last year while riding his bike.

If you know anything about Christian’s whereabouts, you're asked to call St. Louis police at 314-444-5327.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=42336

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

©

Default Murder Victim's Mother Joins Search For Christian Ferguson

6/13/2003 11:09:24 PM

Few people can truly imagine what it is like to a have a child kidnapped, and killed. Sadly, Angie Williamson is one of the few.

Williamson's daughter Casey was taken from a home in Valley Park last July. Her body was found later that day. Dozens of volunteers came to help search for Casey that fateful day.

On Friday, Angie Williamson came to give emotional support, and volunteer wisdom, to the friends and family of 9 year old Christian Ferguson. The Pine Lawn boy hasn't been seen since Wednesday. That's when Christian's father says a thief stole his truck, with the child in the back seat. The truck was recovered, but the boy has not been found.
    ...snip

While Angie prays that 9 year old Christian is found alive, she hopes that at the very least he is found. She says that knowing something bad has happened is better than not knowing the fate of a child.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=42378

©

Default Dozens Of Volunteers Turn Out To Search for Missing Boy

6/15/2003 5:47:08 AM

(KSDK) -- Organizers of the search for 9 year-old Christian Ferguson were not nearly as busy as they hoped to be Saturday.

Dozens, not hundreds, of volunteers turned out Saturday morning to search for the severely disabled boy, missing since Wednesday morning.
    ...snip

Volunteers need to report to the command post at Marvin Park United Methodist Church, located at the intersection of Woodson and St. Charles Rock Roads.
    ...snip

Despite their efforts, search organizers may be no closer to knowing the location of Christian Ferguson, or his remains. But thanks to volunteers, slowly but surely, they are narrowing down the list of where he is not.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=42389

©

Default Search for 9-year-old continues in North St. Louis County

By BILL BRYAN Post-Dispatch
    updated: 06/16/2003 12:53 AM

Police and volunteer searchers reported no progress Sunday in the hunt for a missing 9-year-old who is severely physically and mentally disabled and the object of an intense search since Wednesday morning.
    ...snip

"I am expecting a miracle," a sobbing Theda Thomas, the boy's mother, said to about 50 family members, friends and well-wishers during a vigil for the boy at St. Simon of Cyrene Catholic Church. "God, please bring my angel Christian back to us. We love him and we miss him."
    ...snip

Meanwhile, two teams of searchers were wading through underbrush and checking vacant buildings in north St. Louis County on Sunday.
    ...snip

More volunteers are needed. Also, volunteers are in need of computers. To help in the search, call 314-427-2142.

To provide information to police, call 314-444-5327.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...+Louis++County

©

Default CHRISTIAN FERGUSON SEARCH CONTINUES

At a small church miles from the search areaon Sunday night, searchers gathered to not look for Christian, but instead to look for strength to keep searching for Christian. "Christian may be lost to us but the shepherd has already found him". Prayer not only powers their soul, but provides much needed energy. Hope still burns on more than a wick. It continues to burn in the hearts of hundreds who have devoted much more than just time to Christian. "For hundreds of thousands of us, Christian is just a missing boy, but to many filling these pews he's a miracle child who's beaten death twice before." His mother prays he can do it again. As far as the search, volunteers have covered an area of nearly 40 square miles. They are now beginning to go back over the areas they've covered. They're hoping tips from the public can help them narrow down the search area.
    ...snip

Two special funds have been set up in this case. One of them is to collect donations for search efforts:

Christian Ferguson Special Fund
    c/o Union Planters Bank
    10449 St. Charles Rock Road
    St. Ann, MO 63074

Another fund, a reward fund, has been set up as well:

Christian Ferguson Reward Fund
    c/o Bank of America
    8944 St. Charles Rock Road
    St. John, MO 63114

The family is hoping these funds help bring some answers.

http://www.fox2ktvi.com/

©

Default Police Begin To Doubt Missing Boy's Father

6/17/2003 5:14:28 PM

(KSDK) — St. Louis police have their doubts about the events leading up to the disappearance of a 9-year-old boy.

Christian Ferguson disappeared almost a week ago. His father, Dawan Ferguson, says someone stole his SUV with Christian inside last Wednesday.

But sources tell NewsChannel 5 that St. Louis Police are questioning his story.

Dawan Ferguson went to police headquarters Monday to give a saliva sample, which police say is routine in a missing persons case.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=42478

©

Default One Week After Christian Ferguson Disappeared

6/18/2003 11:08:39 PM

(KSDK) — It's been more than a week, but still no sign of 9-year-old Christian Ferguson.

The boy who is severely disabled disappeared last Wednesday morning, when his father says someone stole his SUV with Christian inside.

Searchers have been combing the areas where the car was last seen without any clues as to what happened to Christian.

His father, Dawan Ferguson, has been questioned by police, who say he is cooperating.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=42573

©

Default GRANDFATHER LASHES OUT AT CHRISTIAN'S FATHER

The grandfather of a missing 9-year-old boy lashes out at the boy's father. Christian Ferguson disappeared Tuesday of last week. FOX 2's Roche Madden talked with the grandfather, who is very suspicious. Although he admits he has no proof, Theodore Wilson believes Dewan Ferguson was somehow involved in the disappearance of his own son Christian...snip "My grandson was left in his tender loving care as a father so anything that transpired while he's in his custody, he's responsible either directly or indirectly." ...snip While the search goes on for the missing boy, detectives are investigating the possibility this may not be a child abduction...snip Detectives told us the '98 Chevy Malibu is actually owned by Dewan Ferguson's girlfriend, and that she lives no where near this intersection. Cops wonder how it got there...snip Detectives wonder why the alleged car thief left behind many valuable items inside the vehicle, including a laptop computer...snip Police want to talk to anyone who can help them find the little boy. Christian's mother has said her son needs a speical diet and medicine or he could die. Because of that, police fear the boy may be dead. Still, family members are asking volunteers to help continue the search. You can go to the Marvin Park United Methodist Church in St. John to help.

Two special funds have been set up in this case. One of them is to collect donations for search efforts:
    Christian Ferguson Special Fundc/o Union Planters Bank10449 St. Charles Rock RoadSt. Ann, MO 63074
    Another fund, a reward fund, has been set up as well: Christian Ferguson Reward Fundc/o Bank of America8944 St. Charles Rock RoadSt. John, MO 63114

The family is hoping these funds help bring some answers. And a warning from police. Don't be fooled by people out on the streets, soliciting donations in Christian's name. These are not legitimate funds. The authorized ways to donate are the two bank accounts above or through the command center.

http://www.fox2ktvi.com/

©

Default Car seen at scene of kidnapping raises questions

By Bill Bryan Post-Dispatch
    updated: 06/20/2003 09:49 AM

The mystery of Christian Ferguson's disappearance deepened when St. Louis police took note of something on a TV news tape made shortly after the child's father said someone took his SUV with his son inside.

A car parked on a lot at the scene, at Page and Skinker boulevards, belongs to a close friend of Dawan Ferguson, the father, police sources said. And that friend lives only about four blocks from where Ferguson's vehicle was recovered later with the disabled 9-year-old boy missing.

Investigators say they have been privately skeptical of the sequence of events June 11 as related by Ferguson, 30, a bounty hunter who lives in Pine Lawn and whose ex-wife was challenging his child custody. But police have stopped short of calling Ferguson a suspect in what has become an investigation of the child's presumed death.
    ...snip

Police reviewing a TV news tape noted the license number on a 1998 Chevrolet Malibu parked at the scene of the reported kidnapping and tracked it to a woman who lives near the Ronbar site. She was described as a very close friend of Ferguson's.

Sources said she had cooperated with detectives and was not a suspect in Christian's disappearance. She could not be reached for comment Thursday.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...aises+question

©

Default Search Continues for Missing Boy

6/21/2003 10:25:54 PM

(KSDK) The disappearance of nine year old Christian Ferguson remains a mystery. But for a time Saturday, searchers thought they had a clue and possibly a lead on Christian's whereabouts. As volunteers scoured the Mississippi River's banks near Riverview and I-270 near the Chain of Rocks Bridge, a search dog hit on what the searchers thought was Christian's scent.

That's when St. Louis Police and Fire Departments were called in. They searched the on land and in the water and came up with nothing. Back at the search command post in St. John, Christian's cousin talked about why more than 30 volunteers chose the Columbia Bottoms area for Saturday's search.
    ...snip

Anyone wishing to volunteer to search for Christian is urged to come to or call the Marvin Park Methodist Church in St. John. It is located at the intersection of Woodson and St. Charles Rock Roads.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=42726

©

Default Missing boy's mother assails welfare office

By JEREMY KOHLER Post-Dispatch
    updated: 06/26/2003 09:50 PM

The mother of missing 9-year-old Christian Ferguson lashed out Thursday at Missouri children's welfare workers, saying that for five years they ignored her allegations that her two sons' father was neglecting them.

Theda Thomas said she did not know why authorities had not given her custody of Christian and her younger son, Connor, 8.
    ...snip

A lawyer for Dawan Ferguson said Thursday that his client would not respond to Thomas' comments. Officials have said that Connor was placed with other relatives.
    ...snip

Theda Thomas said she convened reporters Thursday outside the state Division of Family Services offices in Overland after a social worker there lied to her and failed to investigate Connor's well-being.
    ...snip

Viki Fagyal, the director there, would not comment on specifics of the case but said the agency investigates every complaint of child abuse or neglect.

Details of the trouble between Thomas and Dawan Ferguson are sealed in juvenile records of the St. Louis Circuit Court. But their allegations of abusive conduct against each other have spilled into suits that Ferguson filed.
    ...snip

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...ne=Missing+boy's+mother+assails+welfare+office

©