Real Letter to the Editor - Boulder Weekly

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Ok the people at the Boulder Weekly printed my real letter to the editor had I chosen to write one instead of a personal note to Jeff Shapiro. Confused? Me too. Here is the letter printed today.
    Yes the paper did print my letter in its entirety.

That was personal

"It was quite a shock to find a personal e-mail that I sent to Jeff Shapiro printed in the Letters to the Editor section of your paper. Quite the shock because my small personal note to Mr. Shapiro was never sent to nor intended for the Letters to the Editor.

Mr. Shapiro had written a piece concerning the JonBenet Ramsey case. I read it, wrote him a quick note, and sent it to his (not the Boulder Weekly's) e-mail address.

I would now like to take the opportunity to write a real letter to the editor in reference to Mr. Shapiro's article.

Mr. Shapiro wrote about many colorful people who were considered suspects by the Boulder Police Department. I found that interesting and informative because I had never heard of these suspects before. Also, Mr. Shapiro proved a point about the Ramsey case. The police investigated hundreds of people in the murder of JonBenet Ramsey despite the Ramseys' belief that they were the only suspects and continue to be. Mr. Shapiro added to the long list of people who have been investigated and found not to be involved.

As I told Mr. Shapiro, I would love to be wrong. It is much easier to believe a sick intruder killed JonBenet. However, all the evidence points to someone who was home that night. That is not just my opinion, but the opinion of many in all branches of law enforcement. I will always keep an open mind, and if evidence that doesn't defy common sense and logic is presented that proves an intruder killed JonBenet, then I will be the first to say I am wrong.

John Ramsey commented in his book "Death of Innocence" that people on the Internet should "stick to reading tabloids and collecting beer cans,"( Page 307, H.C.). I would like to invite Mr. Ramsey and everyone who is interested in justice for JonBenet Ramsey to visit Forums For Justice at www.forumsforjustice.org You will find a large group of dedicated professionals, and, yes, maybe a few people who even read the tabloids and collect beer cans, taking time out of their busy day to keep informed and discuss, compare, analyze and catalog information concerning the case. Apparently, Mr. Ramsey doesn't think too highly of people who participate in Internet forums, but all I can say is the day that we as a society simply shrug our shoulders and forget about a wonderful little girl who was murdered in her own home is the day we are no longer a civilized society.

In closing, I would like to thank the Boulder Weekly for giving me the opportunity to express my beliefs. "

Tricia Griffith/via Internet

Editor's note: Griffith's original letter was forwarded to "letters@boulderweekly.com," by Shapiro. Boulder Weekly regrets the error.

2. Thor

Thor Active Member

Thanks Tricia

for posting this! Good job and I'm glad they put this in.

3. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

Tristan

I'm very impressed, very impressed.

You did good. I'm sure Mr. Ramsey will have a comeback in next weeks paper. Can't wait... oh, or maybe Shipiro?

4. Nandee

Nandee FFJ Senior Member

Wow!!

You go girl!!

5. Tricia

Thanks

Thanks guys.

I would like to add that Jeff Shapiro was not at fault for this like I thought in the beginning. The editor took full responsibility for the mess up. Jeff Shapiro forwarded several emails to his editor so the editor could look them over and see the response he was getting. The editor admitted he took it upon himself to print the letter assuming it was ok.

6. Thor

Thor Active Member

Well

My bet is we're not going to see Lizard Tongue's forked tongue slithering in our forum anytime soon, the slime.

7. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Tricia

Excellent job Tricia, what a great letter!

8. Vic

Vic Active Member

Very

impressive letter, Trisha. You made several excellent points and I applaud you. The more this stays in the public, the better chance it has to be addressed and answered to. Good job!

9. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Tricia....

big high five! You rock girl.

10. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Tricia

Great letter and I am pleased it finally got printed today. I was wondering this morning if it would. Guess they update later in the day. Good job!

11. Tricia

Ok VP

If you wanted to be nice and save hir the trouble you could take it over there...but you don't reaaaallly want to do that do you?hehe

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

I spoke with Dun today and we decided it was time to get some letters out there concerning the case.

I will post this on the daily tomorrow too but heads up for you all now.

Didn't we start to compile a list of email and snail mail addresses of newspapers and Colorado officials?

Seems to me we did at some poiint.

Anyway be thinking about those addresses and come over to the daily in the morning for more information.

Thanks
    Tricia

12. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Tricia,

What a terrific letter! I'm glad the editor was gracious enough to admit his mistake.

What is best about the letter is that it totally rebuts the Ramsey Whine-Line that the BPD never looked at anyone but them for the crime. Their biggest lie is exposed here.

Good going, girl!

13. Jeanilou

Jeanilou Member

Great letter, Tricia:

That was a great letter Tricia. I am so glad it was published.

Who wants to bet on how long it takes ole Susan Bennett to write one to the newspaper now.? I am willing to start a football pool type pool.

And I am all for a letter writing campaign. We really need to hit Mary Keenan hard. She needs to get off her duff and do something. She promised when she was elected to review the case but all I can see that she had done is give it back to the BPD.

Maybe we should also write Gov Owens. It seems that he has a sympathetic ear for this case. At any rate, I am willing, ready and able to do my part.

HI Susan!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice