Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Information needed on missing man

06/17/2003

KVUE News

Detectives believe a man reported missing Sunday afternoon may be the victim of foul play.

Armando Solis Ramirez, 55, was last seen Saturday night.

The next day his car was found on FM 969, but there was no sign of Ramirez.

Investigators with the Travis County Sheriff's Office hope someone may have seen his car before it was discovered abandoned.

Ramirez drives a blue/grey two-door 1989 Dodge Ram Charger.

If you have any information, call CrimeStoppers at 472-TIPS.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/06170...h.1604081.html
    Never let the children, Elders, the sick, or the infirm be exploited.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Let's bring all our missing and military home safely!

All of my thoughts written here are my constitutionally protected opinion.

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

©

Default Search to continue for missing grandfather - Art Ramirez

06/18/2003

By Shelton Green / KVUE News
    ...snip

Armando Solis Ramirez, known to family and friends as Art, was last seen Saturday night.

Friends told detectives the grandfather was visiting neighbors around 10 p.m. and left to head home.

The next day, some of his friends found his abandoned truck on the side of Farm Road 969, about a quarter of a mile from his house.

"There was evidence that foul play occurred and the evidence would lead us to believe that he's either very seriously injured or deceased," said Roger Wade, spokesman for the Travis County Sheriff's Office.
    ...snip

Family members and friends searched the 969 area Tuesday and planned to again today. Equusearch, a non-profit search team from Houston was expected to assist in the search on Wednesday.

Art Ramirez's vehicle is a 1989 Dodge Ram Charger, 2-door, blue and gray with Texas plates NO2-ZXD. If you it that night or know anything about the case, you're asked to call CrimeStoppers at 472-TIPS.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/06180...w.426b27b.html

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

©

Default The Search For Art Ramirez

RC, Mac and I headed to Manor, Tx today to help search for Art Ramirez. We know there is evidence of foul play in this case so it's likely that we are looking for a body, which is sad. The three of us met up with Travis County Search and Rescue (TSAR) folks and Texas EquuSearch at the search center, which has been set up at the Manor Fire Department.

RC and Mac get case briefing from Chris from TSAR.
    ©Jacqueline L. Riggs 2003

©

RC and Mac are searching an area that appears to be used as a dump.

©

Mac looking for clues along the edge of a road near the area where Art Ramirez's truck was found.

©

TSCAR brought two K9's to help search. This is Meadow.

©Mac 2003

©

Default Media

Fox 7 News and KEye came out to report on the search.

©

Travis County Sheriff's Office has a nice portable debriefing trailer that they brought to the search center.

©

Pizza was brought to the command center for lunch giving the searchers a chance to sit in the shade and cool off.

©

The weather was 90 degrees today but RC decided it was at least 100 degrees searching along pavement. RC and Mac have picked on me enough that I let Mac have the camera - she took this picture showing the sweat on my FFJ hat during our lunch break.

©Mac 2003

©

Tim Miller, the director of Texas EquuSearch received a phone call while he was eating his pizza telling him that they may have located one of the missing people TE has been searching for in the Houston area.

RC, Mac and I left the search center after 7 p.m. this evening very tired and grubby. TSAR was still out in the field. If they don't locate Art Ramirez this evening, we will be heading back to the search center Friday morning since most of the searchers are committed elsewhere tomorrow.

Last edited by "J_R"; June 18, 2003, 10:43 pm at Wed Jun 18 22:43:30 UTC 2003.

©

Default Armando "Art" Solis Ramirez

Art Ramirez's vehicle is a 1989 Dodge Ram Charger, 2-door, blue and gray with Texas plates NO2-ZXD.

If you it that night or know anything about the case, you're asked to call CrimeStoppers at (512) 472-TIPS.

©