Patsy said "NO" to an offer From AMW/John Walsh to help find JonBenet's killer

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Last night John Walsh was on Larry King. He spoke briefly about the Ramsey case. Here is the snippit of transcript where he mentions the Ramseys. The "bold" is mine:

"KING: We're back with John Walsh. We're going to discuss some other cases of interest. We want to get to some phone calls too. Our first call is from Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. Hello.

CALLER: Hello. My question is for your guest, Larry. I wonder, there's three parts to the question. I wanted to know if he has any comments about the JonBenet case in Colorado, and the second part to that question is, if that case will ever be solved? And the third part to that question is, doesn't he think it's really weird the way those parents acted from the beginning of that case, when they were doing everything possible to protect themselves rather than to find out what were -- who were the real killers of his daughter?

KING: OK, we got it. John?

WALSH: I've been to Dubai, hunting fugitives -- terrorists out there.

I don't think that that case will ever, will ever be solved, because now it's been taken over by the state, you know, the attorney general of the state of Colorado, because so many incredible mistakes were made at the crime scene at the beginning.

KING: From the get-go.

WALSH: From the get-go. And then they empaneled a grand jury and brought DAs from every county around Colorado, and they all came to the same conclusion. They said whether the Ramseys had something to do with it or not, there was such poor police work was done in the beginning, this case will probably never be solved.

Parents have the right to get lawyers. They have the right to get -- you know, to have people represent them if they think the cops are doing a bad job. I always wanted to do that case on "America's Most Wanted." And Mr. Ramsey said, I'd like to do it.
    Mrs. Ramsey said no

I said, I'll treat you fairer than anybody else in the world. Let me do a whole hour on "America's Most Wanted." But they're going to start over and take a re-look at the case. That's what I say you have to do. You have to throw everything out and start again.

KING: Are you open on it?

WALSH: I am open minded about it, because they only ever focused on the parents. A good investigation is a parallel investigation. Sweat the parents, but don't rule out the sexual offender that may be living within a mile of there. "
    ``````````````````````````````````````````````

Now who in their right mind would turn down a FULL HOUR of AMW? A full HOUR. I don't think AMW has done a full hour on a topic more than 3 times in their history.

"Mrs. Ramsey said no."

There is no reason other than guilt for Patsy to turn down this generous offer.

Tricia

2. Twitch

Twitch Active Member

Well - nobody "in their right mind" would.

Can you imagine how quickly RC would jump at an hour on AMW. The puzzling part is that John wanted it.

Its just not right. I want to shake the truth out of that woman, Ms. Ramsey.

3. Ayeka

Ayeka Member

ex-SQUEEZE me?!?!

Patsy Ramsey turned AMW down????

I'm just... agape. Who the he11 proclaims everywhere that all they "really want to do" is find the real killah, and then refuses AMW??

And what's this about:
    (Emphasis added.)

Is this just a case of Walsh being confused, or did I miss something?

Ayeka

4. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

Walsh: "I don't think that that case will ever, will ever be
    solved, because now it's been taken over by the
    state, you know, the attorney general of the state of
    Colorado, because so many incredible mistakes were
    made at the crime scene at the beginning."

"Is this just a case of Walsh being confused, or did I miss
    something?" (Ayeka)

No, Ayeha, you're not confused. Walsh is, which is not all that
    unusual. He's made serious mistakes before on this case, but I
    would have to go back through my records to find the quotes. (I'm
    not sure, but I think one was about JonBenet being cut down from
    hanging or something like that.)

WALSH: I am open minded about it, because they only ever
    focused on the parents. A good investigation is a parallel
    investigation. Sweat the parents, but don't rule out the sexual
    offender that may be living within a mile of there.

"because they only ever focused on the parents"

Does this BS sound familiar? Its rather obvious that Mr. Walsh
    has not done his homework. If he had done an hour show on the
    Ramsey case, I have little doubt that it would have just been
    more of the RST propaganda.

Is there even one person in the media competent to pursue this
    matter? If so, that person hasn't surfaced within my view. I'm
    still hoping, but that hope is getting slimmer by the day.

5. Thor

Thor Active Member

I saw this last night and was yelling at the TV set, lol Mr. Thor looked confused. No, the AG's office does not have this case Mr. Walsh, Hunted's Clone in a Skirt has it, the DA.

I had to go find my copy of Delmar's letter to Ms. Hunted Clone to confirm just how focused the BPD were on "just" the Ramseys. Nope, I don't think so. Of course they have to focus on Liz & Phats because they were in the house. But all roads pointed back to them. They DID NOT focus just on the Ramseys and I'm tired of this BS coming out. I really am. And I am also tired of Limp for Brains ruling the show and anyone looking cross eyed (is that still politically correct to say? I don't give a chit, I'm sayin it anyway) at his clients get a threat of a lawsuit. Is this :(:(:(:(:(:(:( the antichrist? No one is out there refuting this crapola. No one. Does this pompous :(:(:( have that much friggin power? This is all crap, ever since the 48 Hours fiasco. No one is saying anything to say that this is crapola. I'm sick of the whole thing.

6. Thor

Thor Active Member

Damn it why can't I say :(:(:(:(:(:(:(? I'm :(:(:(:(ed.

7. Tez

Tez Member

Well....

It appears that Mrs. Ramsey knows that her days are numbered. I don't think that she could really sit up there for an hour and answer really tough questions. I am sure John Walsh would probably have a few to ask....

I can't believe they turned down this offer! For crying out loud, it isn't everyday AMW offers to even put a blurb on the show!

Yep, she is hiding something....

As for Lizard Lips wanting to do it, maybe he thought that would take the heat off of them.

I am speechless....and hacked off!

8. Adrian Monk

Adrian Monk Member

Re: Well....

He knew, by way of Walsh's quotes, that he could projectile-vomit more of his RST propaganda by way of the show.

Patsy just wants to let the case die... by asphyxiation associated with craniocerebral trauma.

9. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

When I came upon the scene, I did not have to do research on
    garrotes, nooses, lassos, ropes, knots and handles. I grew up
    with this stuff. Its second nature. However, I did do hours and
    hours and hours of reading transcripts, researching stun guns,
    head traumas, digestion, etc, etc. I know this is true for most
    of you as well.

Just look at the ACR site. Can you imagine the thousands upon
    thousands of hours it took to go over all this stuff and put it
    all together. Its a monumental accomplishment!

The point is, I, and I'm sure many others, resent it like hell
    when someone like John Walsh who obviously has done no research
    at all, comes in with all sorts of fallacies and dispenses it
    nationwide.

What kind of interview could he conduct without knowing the facts
    of the case? Hasn't that question already been answered by 20\20,
    48 Hours and Dateline? John Walsh started with a great show in
    AMW. Unfortunately, he has gone Hollywood and shows little
    concern with finding out the truth before he opens his mouth.
    More and more, he sounds like Lou Smit. That's pretty sad.

10. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

I'll go

I figure that John Walsh is a little busy tracking down the rest of America's Most Wanted to thoroughly research every tidbit of this case, like we have, in anticipation of a random phone call to The Larry King Live Show.

All alone INMHFO?
    RR

11. Vic

Vic Active Member

nope

You're not alone, RR.

I suspect Walsh is pretty busy with real, unsolved crimes. Ones where they have exhausted every avenue and need help. It seems to me that the majority of AMW cases are brought to AMW by families or LE. John doesn't go looking for them on his own.

I wouldn't necessarily call it "going Hollywood" but I think Walsh's role has changed over the years where it is all about publicity - publicity to bring crimes to the attention of the media and the public, smoking out the little criminals where they hide amongst us.

God Bless John Walsh, he took a horrible, horrible experience and event in his life and turned it around to help a LOT of people.

Somebody, quick. Remind me what the Ramsey's have done... And I only say that because of their big, big mouths - spouting off the "good" they were going to do because of their tragedy.

Edited to ask: does IMHFO mean what I think it means?

12. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

RR........

<I>All alone INMHFO?</I>

Does that F mean what I think it means...? :nono:

13. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Yes it does, Vic!

Sorry!

Thank you for helping me out here with what I was trying to say! LOL - even though we are so perfect, we must remember that everyone else is only human. John Walsh included. To live through what this man has, and survived, is a miracle on it's own. He doesn't owe this world a damn thing, but he doesn't seem to know that, now does he?

Now, back to Drama Momma. Just Say No?! Are you Nuts? Look at how many successful captures have been.......oh wait, never mind. I get it now.

:foot:
    RR

14. Ayeka

Ayeka Member

I doubt

that John Walsh has ever done any in-depth research into the facts of this case. IOW, he knows what the rest of mass-media America knows, and is being led by the nose by Smit, Wood, and Keenan.

I would hope that AMW would be a little more willing to dig into the real facts of this case (as outlined by Easy Writer's letter to Keenan).

Hm, a copy to John Walsh, perhaps? ;)

Ayeka

15. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

LOL, Monk!

Patsy just wants to let the case die... by asphyxiation associated with craniocerebral trauma.

You sure have a way with words!

16. Charlie

Charlie Member

The fact that Patsy said no says it all to me. However Walsh expressed somewhat sympathy towards to Ramseys for being in the limelight as suspects for all these years. With that said, i doubt the hour long show dedicated to the case would have accomplished much anyway, another 48 hours BS all over again.

17. Ginja

Ginja Member

Let's round 'em up!

The facts, that is. I can't stand this...I've gotta do something...we've got to do something. How 'bout a letter to John Walsh, cc: Larry King, addressing just the things John referred to in his response to the question.

I think Walsh is a good man, and that the poster who noted he's being fed the RST BS was right. So I think a letter explaining the truth vs. the RST BS will raise an eyebrow and he'll look into it...at the very least, it might pique his interest enough to do the show himself, to hell with what Patsy wants!

1. Correct his error in confusing the AG for the DA...then explain how Lin Wood bought Keenan off. Cover all the points we covered in the petition.

2. John claims .
    Enough to blow the entire case? And what were those mistakes? Who made them? Consider the obvious and stop making excuses. Could the fibers from Patsy's jacket be easily transferred and get caught up in the embedded ligature (so embedded that no one at the scene even noticed) when Patsy did her Lazarus number?

3. Grand jury? What grand jury? Hunter had no intention of bringing any indictments; he used it (under pressure) as an investigative tool. Utilizing the GJ, they could subpoena people to talk...including Lou Smit! As soon as they started bringing in "witnesses" for the "defense," they turned the GJ into a petit jury and played moot court. You can indict a ham sandwich but you sure as hell can't indict a Ramsey...at least not in Colorado!

That's gutless! Successful prosecution doesn't have anything to do with poor police work, especially in a case where the evidence is there! Patsy's fibers all over the place! The child was being molested...that didn't just happen that night. The pineapple! People have been convicted on a lot less! What Boulder needs is an experienced staff of prosecutors who have the intelligence to prosecute a homicide case!

5. We need to do some kind of search through depo transcripts to point out how many times it was brought out by police to the Ramseys of how the BPD was not! focusing only on the Rams.

We can dig out the figures in various news releases of how much was spent on this investigation and how much of that was expended in chasing down the hundreds of perps the BPD looked into, from trip expenses to dna analyses.

Likewise, we could point out the extremes the BPD went to to investigate this case, going to Quantico, working with the FBI, bringing in their own 'dream team' of experts. How many experts? Quote Dr. Lee: This is not a DNA case! Spitz's experiments re: the head blow. The 911 tape analyses...and Burke's voice in the background when his parents told police he was sleeping.

6. John Walsh said parents have the right to have lawyers, people representing them if they thought the cops were bad. Well, John, that's exactly what they did. Lawyers for themselves, for Burke, for John's grown children...hell, JR even got a lawyer for his exwife (hello???). They hired the best and the most expensive and the most politically aligned lawyers. They also hired their own investigators, their own PR person, their own profiler, their own polygrapher. They refused to cooperate with police while sending their own troops out undermining the official investigation. They ran the show and threw out one red herring after another, wasting time, money and resources. They encouraged others to help them, enter Sue Bennett and Susan Stine!

7. Patsy said NO! hello John? What's that say to you? This is a woman who went on national television the day her daughter was buried to proclaim her innocence! The same woman who made up passwords and guest lists for "private" press conferences! The same woman who walked in on Mike Tracy's journalism class ... enter crocumentary financed by Brits and televised on two continents. The same woman who had no problem appearing on various news magazine shows or cable pundit shows or interviews with Katie Couric or whoever (was it Katie or Baba Wawa?) Anyway...I think you get this drift. She went on book signing tours, made personal appearances at WVU, at her Church, at a function in Americus hosted by Burke's nanny...but she said NO to AMW.

We could end the letter asking if John Walsh needs Patsy's permission to do a show that could very well catch JonBenet's killer.

And maybe it would pique enough interest in Larry King to give John a call after he reads his copy.

So? :D

18. Prairie

Prairie Member

Three things about Walsh:

1. He's spouting Ramsey propaganda, basically, in the police screwed up, remark. The Ramsey's themselves also screwed up. Big time.

2. He doesn't actually investigate anything, I don't think. Isn't he just a face? He doesn't have any investigative background. I think answering phones and passing on leads is all that that show could hope for, isn't it?

3. He's cute. I wonder what his butt looks like.

19. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

I've often thought of that myself......... :eek:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices those sexy LE guys like JW....SThomas....Mark Fuhrman.....
    I think I'm a LE groupie wannabee.....

20. Tez

Tez Member

Freebird!!!

You need to come visit me! My college campus is on the Police Academy and Firefighting Academy grounds. There are some nice looking future LE officers and firefighters there.

Last fall there was a group of firefighters from Canada, and if I wasn't married....Well, you get the point! LOL

I always did think MF was hot!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice