Limp is suing Fox News

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Thor, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Thor

Thor Active Member

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

What the he11

"Next week, Wood said, he plans to file a defamation lawsuit against Fox News Channel for reporting in December that "there has never been any evidence to link an intruder to (JonBenet's) brutal murder."

Where's the defamation in that statement? Is it because by process of elimination - no evidence of intruder - it means there are only three other people in that house who could have committed the murder? Sounds like a damn good conclusion to me. Maybe now is the best time in the world for Delmar to resend his Keenan letter, which blows the intruder theory all to kingdom come, to the FOX News people. Wood is getting desperate to further fill his coffer with blood money.

I do not believe the evidence shows there was an intruder in the Ramsey house on Christmas night, 1996, either. What the fluck, is Wood going to sue me for that statement, too? Where the he!! is our government who is supposed to be protecting constitutional rights? Wood is out of control.

Boy, when the Ramseys said they were going to change the way the world gets its news, they weren't kidding. Sue, sue, sue. They've found an easy way to get money, and it would appear they really like lots of money.

3. Watching You

The more I read that statement

the angrier I get. Now Wood is suing to prevent anyone from saying there is no evidence to support the intruder theory, further damaging any future criminal proceedings in the JBR case. Doesn't Wood know this isn't Iraq and dictators do not rule in America? I cannot believe the audacity of this @sshole. He can't force his intruder theory down our throats, no matter how many people he sues. If this isn't an attempt to eliminate free speech, I don't know what is.

4. Thor

Thor Active Member

I agree WY. I am still angry over his dog & pony show yesterday, now this. You are so right, this butthead is out of control. Big time.

5. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

WY:

"Maybe now is the best time in the world for Delmar to resend his Keenan
    letter, which blows the intruder theory all to kingdom come, to the
    FOX News people."

Yes, I can bury the intruder theory along with Wood, Smit, Ramseys and all the RST with brain power on 10% after a prefrontal lobotomy. Its that easy. I know it. You know it, and some others know it. However, corporate moguls tend to think in formal and corporate terms: If you don't have 27 letters after your name, you can't possibly know what's what is the "complex" legal world. Its their fall, not mine, but its does gall like hell to see the RST prevail when they could have easily been annihilated by the facts and irrefutable arguments.

6. Ginja

Ginja Member

Let's Fight Back!!

I'm starting a campaign, immediately, to swamp NBC with emails complaining about the biased, prejudicial and irresponsible reporting of their news programs yesterday and today. I'm going to post my opening post about this campaign that I put up at Purgatory and then follow with the email I sent to NBC last night. KoldKase also sent a fantastic email and I'll see if she wouldn't mind my reposting it here.

Let the battle begin!

7. Ginja

Ginja Member

Pulling together Support

Okay people, are we going to stand for the RST taking over Boulder and quashing the truth? I know I'm not. I've been working in the background on this barrier Wood has put up to keep the truth from getting into the public arena. But after watching yesterday's Today Show, and then Dateline last night, I'm po'ed and hope many of you are as well and will follow my lead. Let's start with NBC. Here's the email addy: nbcshows@nbc.com

Scream people! Scream loud and clear and put an end to this idiocy! Send your letters/comments to the above email addy. Let's let Wood get an idea how internet people really feel about his obstruction. We need to be thorns in his side.

So everyone, please share this email addy with everyone you know and ask them to email NBC and lodge complaints against this travesty. I was so ripping last night I went into one of my long tirades. I'll put it up in a separate post and hope you'll all follow suit.

Please.

This chit's got to end and nothing's going to happen if we don't act...if we don't start fighting back.

We're all that JonBenet has...we're the only people who will fight for her.

Just remember: a defeatist attitude insures defeat! Don't sit back and let this slide.

8. Ginja

Ginja Member

My Message to NBC

---- Original Message -----
    To: nbcshows@nbc.com
    Sent: 7/8/2003 9:30:51 PM
    Subject: The Today Show's Ramsey Segment

I am very disappointed (more like disgusted) with this morning's Ramsey segment. Many people ask how parents could kill their own child. I've followed this case since Jan. '97 when the Ramseys went on national television to declare their innocence and terrify the children of Boulder by claiming there was a killer on the loose. My first reaction, and question, was why would parents need to go national declaring innocence for a crime no one knew about, and how could they incite fear and panic in their neighbors?

NBC, and the Today Show, did not investigate the material -- the hot new tips -- that aired this morning. You sent a copy of the tape to labs for analysis. The original recording was digitized and any background noise couldn't be made unless 'enhanced' using special equipment. Three nationally recognized labs, whose top clients include NASA and the FAA, worked with this tape and all three came back with the same result: a juvenile and adult male voice are talking in the background.

Judge Carnes of Atlanta based her decision -- the one DA Mary Keenan relied on to determine an intruder killed JonBenet -- on evidence produced by Lou Smit. This so-called evidence of the intruder who used a stun gun is the same evidence Mr. Smit showcased on The Today Show about two years ago. This "evidence" presentation of Mr. Smit's is part of a PowerPoint presentation the Boulder police made to the Boulder District Attorneys Office (Alex Hunter) and outside experts including the FBI, Barry Sheck, Dr. Henry Lee, as well as Michael Kane, who would later lead a grand jury investigation. From that presentation, the consultants and BDA's office (Trip DeMuth) pointed out the questionable "evidence" that needed further investigation/analysis. It is from that portion of the original BPD PowerPoint presentation that makes up Lou Smit's evidence bag. What Mr. Smit failed to inform NBC when he first ran his theory on the Today Show, and what was not told to Judge Carnes, is that since 1998 (when this evidence was questioned), the BPD have tested, investigated, analyzed and IDENTIFIED every point Mr. Smit has presented as "intruder evidence." There is no intruder. The evidence points to an inside job. Mr. Smit, on the Today Show, went so far as to claim a stun gun left a blue line on JonBenet's body. Air Taser, Inc. haa stated unequivocably that stun guns do not leave blue lines in their wake. The blue line on JonBenet's body was a vein! Smit claims JonBenet struggled and scratched desparately at her throat, leaving "defensive flesh" (his words) under her fingernails. The autopsy report says NOTHING about scratches, gouges, abrasions or any kind of defensive injury on her neck. Likewise, there are no defensive injuries of any kind on her arms or hands. There is no flesh under the nails; the DNA was old (prior to her murder) and degraded (unable to identify). Dr. Henry Lee has stated this is NOT a DNA case. Hair and print evidence was identified as Patsy's or John's daughter Melinda Stewart. Grand jury testimony identified the owner of the hi-tek shoes as Burke Ramsey. Mr. Smit ignores these results. He also ignores the forensic and fiber evidence in this case -- as does Trip DeMuth.

Fibers from the clothing Patsy wore the night of the murder were found in her paint tray (from where the painstick-turned-garrote was kept) and on the duct tape that covered JonBenet's mouth. Caught up in the cord with JonBenet's hair were also fibers from Patsy's clothing (the same found in the paint tray and on the duct tape). Lou Smit ignores this evidence. When he first saw the ligature fibers, he thought it was blood!

But the strongest evidence that everyone seems to be ignoring is the fact that JonBenet suffered from chronic sexual abuse. A panel of expert forensic pathologists (which included Dr. Cyril Wecht and Dr. Spitz) have reviewed the autopsy findings and have all come to that same conclusion: prior sexual abuse.

Also ignored is the board certified expert forensic handwriting analyst Gideon Epstein's (and others) opinion that Patsy wrote the note. Beyond the handwriting analysis is the grammatical/correspondence habits of Patsy -- overuse of exclamation points, familial references, word usage, which fill the note on all 2 1/2 pages. Also ignored is Patsy's penchant for signing off her correspondence with acronyms. Did you not find it strange that Patsy states she didn't read the note, just glanced at it, but in her 911 call, when asked who left the note, she doesn't know (smalll foreign faction was in the first line) but she easily volunteered the information as to how the note was signed -- SBTC Victory?

Lin Wood has threatened to sue ANYONE who speaks out about this case...unless it's information that comes from Lou Smit's bag of evidence. He has put an end to any discussion on the cable network programs, and has made it impossible for the truth to come out. Dominick Dunne made an off the cuff, innocuous remark about the Ramsey case, and the next day received a call on his private line from Lin Wood threatening suit. When the Boulder Police refused to clear the Ramseys, Lin Wood threatened to sue them and the City of Boulder. He would withdraw his threat of suit if Mary Keenan took the investigation away from the BPD. Before she was DA, she was on the BDA's staff working with the BPD on this murder investigation. An addendum to the 1998 police interview transcripts was added because Mary Keenan believed Ramsey neighbor Bill McReynolds (who played Santa Claus) was JonBenet's murderer and recalled the Ramseys to ask specific questions pursuing this belief. Mary Keenan disagreed with the BPD's theory so she pulled the case from them and has put together her own investigative team consisting of intruder theorists on staff and John Douglas (who admitted he never looked at the evidence or interviewed either Ramsey before claiming they were innocent and put together a bogus profile) and Lou Smit, who ignores evidence, replacing it with his own, including declaring veins as the result of stun gun use, fibers consistent with Patsy's clothing caught in the ligature as blood, and old, degraded and unidentifiable DNA as defensive flesh.

Speaking of stun guns, what if a stun gun had been used? Does that mean the Ramseys are automatically innocent because parents wouldn't stun gun their child? That's not what the evidence says. A security tape that included instructions on stun gun use was confiscated by police with their first subpoena to search the Ramsey residence. Ramsey claims some store clerk stuck it in his shopping bag. ! There IS a link to this elusive stun gun -- the Ramseys.

The only information allowed in the public arena is what the Ramseys want released; otherwise, nothing's aired and if it is, or anyone talks, Wood threatens to sue. They have built a barrier to the truth. They deny the truth exists. Because the public is not aware of the real evidence, they have no idea they're being presented with false and misleading information. So of course it's easy for NBC or Lin Wood to say the tide is turning with the revelation of all this "new" evidence the BPD didn't want them to see.

Close family friend Susan Stine, who sheltered the Ramseys from the media in Boulder using under-handed tactics, is currently being investigated for impersonating BPD Chief Mark Beckner through emails. Susan Bennett, who hosts an internet website and is known as "Jameson" has interfered with this investigation constantly and consistently, working closely with Lou Smit in terrorizing innocent people, accusing them of murder and demanding the BPD investigate. Bennett has gone so far as walking into the BPD with dirty underwear, demanding DNA analysis! She recently received $40,000, selling police interview transcripts to the tabloids. Where did she get the transcripts? Lin Wood doesn't like being double-crossed and has cut all ties with Bennett, and now crusades against any and all people on the internet who try to get the truth out. Bennett finally crossed the line and is also being investigated by the BPD. Ed Gelb, the former FBI polygrapher hired by the Ramseys is under investigation for lying about his education. He claimed he had a Ph.D...but no such record can be found.

The Ramseys have surrounded themselves with an impenetrable team of supporters who will do whatever it takes to keep the focus away from the Ramseys and on an intruder. This barrier needs to be brought down. The truth needs to come out.

NBC could take the lead here...or not. Myself, I have co-written with Tricia Griffin of Forums for Justice a petition to appoint a special prosecutor to this case, which can be found at:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/jbr246/petition.html

We are also preparing documentation to support the many allegations we make in the petition, which we intend to present to Colorado Governor Bill Owens. Please stop by the site and read the petition. More importantly, please read the comments of the more than 500 people who have signed this petition. You may not recognize the names, but you'll see plenty of Sgt.'s and Col.'s and the like. Make no mistake, these are not military personnel. They're the signatures of law enforcement personnel around the country. THIS is what the public REALLY thinks of Boulder's handling of this investigation, namely DA Mary Keenan. I'm sure if more people were aware of the judicial travesties going on behind the scenes of the homicide investigation, there'd be far more than 500 signatures on a petition.

Tricia and I hope that publicity...bringing down the barrier...getting the truth out...will bring justice to JonBenet.

Please help us make that difference.

Sincerely,

(edited to try and get the petition link to work)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2003
  9. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

The conversation in question came after Patsy Ramsey thought she had hung up the phone, law enforcement officials have said.

Miss PScarlet: "Oh my…I "thought" I had hung up the phone before you yelled at our son who was really only pretending to be sleeping
    MyWoody'sBinLimpy: Don't worry PScarlet, we can spin it like a top"

"The tape is objective evidence of the campaign of leaking false information about the Ramseys in an effort to prejudice them in the minds of the public," Wood told The Denver Post.

Now Limpy is doing the same thing…trying to sway public opinion

"Once people hear the tape themselves, Wood said, he hopes people will see that John and Patsy Ramsey did not kill their daughter."

Naw…way off base BinLimpy…dream big and dream in color, but you cannot sway public opinion that has been this strong for almost 7 years, faggetabout that jury pool swaying thingie

"Authorities have not made the entire 911 tape available to the public."

And Limpy has not made the entire tape available to the networks, if he ever had the complete one in the first place…

(bold emphasis mine) quotes from
    http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~56~1501507,00.html

10. Watching You

Limpwood forgets

we ARE the public, and we know better.

11. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

MOAB:

"The tape is objective evidence of the campaign of leaking
    false information about the Ramseys in an effort to prejudice
    them in the minds of the public," Wood told The Denver Post.

If Wood is depending on this nonsense, he is cruising for a
    bruising. Even if he were correct, which he isn't, how in the
    hell does he figure the tape clears the Ramseys. That poor boy is
    out of his everlovin' gourd.

First the tape itself is probably the umpteenth generation copy
    which could have be clipped. No matter. Its good for nothing
    anyway except to get Wood in hot water. The report is that the
    revelation of Burke's voice on the tape came from a technically
    enhanced version; which by the way was not mentioned on the show.

Although Lying Lin claims there are no voices at the end of the
    tape, his client, John Ramsey has a different take on the issue.

First, John tells police that Burke slept through the whole
    thing. Then he said he learned that Burke wasn't asleep by
    Burke's grand jury testimony. Then later, he admitted he lied and
    said:

"Burke was frightened. He had tears in his eyes. He knew
    something very, very wrong was going on." (John)

"But now John has admitted to The ENQUIRER that Burke woke up
    before the 911 call was placed at 5:52 a.m. to summon police."

Why do you suppose John admitted this? If Burke had remained in
    his room during the 911 call, there would have been no reason for
    John to change his story. He would have known Burke's voice could
    not have been on the tape, but change it he did. Why?

It appears John was told that Burke's voice was on the tape
    saying, "What did you find." John's voice was on the tape saying,
    "We're not talking to you."

Is Wood going to tell me that this person just a made a guess
    and bluffed John into confessing the previous lies? The person
    informed John of exactly what Burke and he said. John did not
    argue against it because he knew it was true and on record.
    Contrary to the claims of Lying Lin and the "experts" who
    operated without proven authentic models and without tape
    enhancement, John himself contradicts Lying Lin's claim.

Can't you just imagine a client being the star witness against
    himself? :)

P.S. Patsy blew her nomination for an Oscar when she flubbed her
    lines - which were supposed to be front of the note, not the end.

12. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Exactly EW...

There have been so many "changes" to their stories, perhaps we can all wait with baited breath (worm on tongue) for DOLie 2 to come out...after all they wrote the first one to clear up misconceptions didn't they? They must already be looking to pen a sequel! That should set the public straight.

13. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

14. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

I'm so tempted to email Woody.

Do ya'll think I'd get sued if I sent him this.....

15. purr

purr Active Member

send it freebird.....

i sent my email to NBC.

and i told them if would NOT
    be the last time they heard from me.

everyone please email them in protest!!!

thanks, purr

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice