DOI Ghost Writer?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Nandee, Jan 19, 2002.

1. Nandee

Nandee FFJ Senior Member

Watching You brought up the Ramsey's use of a ghost writer. Patsy couldn't seem to remember how she wrote the book:

From Patsy's depo:

5 Q. (By Mr. Hoffman) I will withdraw
    6 that question and ask you very simply, explain
    7 exactly how you worked with Reverend Wise on
    8 writing the book.
    9 A. Well, he would sit, and we would
    10 talk. I had some things that I had written, and
    11 sometimes he would ask questions about things.
    12 It was kind of a back and forth. Sometimes he
    13 would take something I had written and edit, and
    14 then would -- I mean, it was kind of an evolving
    15 process.
    16 Q. Did he use a tape recorder to tape
    17 any of the things you were saying?
    18 A. I believe so, yes.
    19 Q. Did you give him written notes to
    20 look at?
    21 A. I can't remember exactly. I don't --
    22 Q. Did you prepare notes for the book,
    23 written notes?
    24 A. Yes. Sometimes -- I mean, I had
    25 some things I had written and some things we
    1 just talked about.
    2 Q. Did you keep copies of your notes?
    3 A. No, I did not.
    4 Q. Do you know what happened to your
    5 notes?
    6 A. They were thrown away as I finished
    7 with that part of the writing.
    8 Q. You threw them away?
    9 A. Yes.

Now, the publisher:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- In their new book about the killing of JonBenet Ramsey, the girl's parents write about people they consider suspects, including some who have not been pursued by police, the publisher said Tuesday.

``It's people who have been mentioned before. There will be a couple of others, but not by name,'' said Rolf Zettersten, publisher of Thomas Nelson Publishers, a Nashville-based company that specializes in books with religious themes.

Zettersten said John and Patsy Ramsey's book discusses ``the profile of the murderer and the motive in the sense it was likely someone who had a vendetta and was sadistic.'' He would not identify the suspects named in the book, saying he wanted to wait until its release March 17.

JonBenet, 6, was found beaten and strangled on Dec. 26, 1996, in the basement of her family's home in Boulder, Colo.

Her parents are under suspicion in their daughter's death but have never been charged. They announced in November they were writing the book, ``The Death of Innocence,'' to answer ``myths and falsehoods'' about the murder investigation.

The Ramseys wrote the book, with some assistance, on their home computer in Atlanta, where they now live, Zettersten said. ``It's essentially their words,'' he said.

Terms of the book deal were not disclosed. The couple has said proceeds will help pay legal expenses associated with the case and will go to the JonBenet Ramsey Children's Foundation.

http://www.crimelynx.com/ramsusp.html

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Nandee...

Nandee...excellent find!!!!!!

It has always seemed to me that they are coached how to answer even the most simple question so as to make the answer ambiguous, and therefore left "open to interpretation".

I'm not sure why questions are not asked which require a simple yes/no answer, for example, "Do you have a computer?" Y/N? "Did you write your book using that computer?" Y/N? I am sure I don't understand the thought process for asking the questions.

3. Nandee

Nandee FFJ Senior Member

Moab

You are so right! I was deposed once and that's exactly how the questions were asked..... and then they would be re-worded and asked again later... to try to trip me up.

4. Zan

Zan FFJ Senior Member

I agree

But I wonder if Darnay wasn't just leaving an opening for PR or JR to expand on the answer....letting them add more...talk more...They always incriminate themselves when they do that...;-)...and they did just that...

It was unbelievably stupid for pr to ACT initially as if she couldn't remember who " (9)helped us with some of the
    10 structure and organization" ..of the book....No jury would believe she couldn't remember that...especially when she thanked the man in her credits(didn't she?)....Then the thanks must have been disingenuous....JMO

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice