Pageant Photos and Black Duct Tape

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Moab, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

From Judge Carnes' decision:

Black duct tape found on JonBenét's mouth was never found in the Ramsey home, although evidence suggested "it came from a roll of tape that had been used before."

Now where might Patsy have used black duct tape?

On Larry King Live 11-13-2002, pageant photos were shown, and lo and behold, there is black duct tape on the floor everywhere the participants were to end up on stage. They would walk onto the stage and "hit a mark" and they would turn and "hit another mark" they would go upstage and "hit another mark".

Found this page at ACR's

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/11132002-lkl-pic1.htm

Found this discussion at Purgatory by KK

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=PurgatoryII&msg=953.1

Kudos to both of you for this find!

Thought I would bring the discussion over here, and let all of you have a go at it too! Makes me really wonder if we should be watching all of these shows frame-by-frame. The pictures are not terribly clean and clear, but in the one I am posting you can see 3 sets of tape marks at the rear of the stage left, center, and right…and you can also see beneath JBR's left foot as she turns to walk..a black "X"…probably made with none other than black duct tape.

If you needed to practice with your child, wouldn't you use the same thing at home…re: black duct tape?

2. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

OMG.....she's such a baby doll.

Makes me sick that noone has been held accountable for the horrible things done to her the night her life was stolen from her. I get so angry when I see just how tiny and helpless she was...........

3. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

You have a good point VP but there's another option here:

Shurtape Technologies, Inc.

Charlotte Wheel can supply you with the tape you need in many colors. (Yes it comes in black.)

Fastway Racing Products
    Charlotte Wheel Inc.
    1030A Central Drive
    Concord NC 28027
    1-800-447-9353

Company Profile

Shurtape Technologies, Inc. manufactures a wide range of quality paper masking, polypropylene, coated vinyl, metalized cloth and duct tapes. These products service a variety of adhesive tape applications in many markets, including: the automotive industry, the paint and sundries market, the HVAC and construction industries, the power and utility industry, as well as the <b>military and aerospace industries.</b> Shurtape continues to leverage the knowledge gained from our 40-year commitment to the adhesive tape distributor to build a broader family of products supported by knowledgeable salespeople and a sophisticated manufacturing and distribution infrastructure. (emphasis mine)

http://www.charlottewheel.com/catalog/shuretape.htm

Sounds like just the thing for boats, planes, pageants and busy mom's who do lot's of school projects. JMH&CPO.

4. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Gaffer's Tape, a form of duct and industrial cloth tape could easily have been the specific…this has been discussed on all the forums, however, it is sold, packaged, and advertised along side of what we commonly know as duct tape, see the link below, so would Patsy be smart enough to know the difference? As far as Patsy Piggies housekeeping skills, I don't think she ever cared one way or the other what she left for the "hired help" to clean up. What if she practiced with JBR in the basement? What if she did use gaffer's tape? What if the duct tape at the crime scene was really gaffer's tape? What if it wasn't? Would the adhesive from that be strong enough to make an imprint of JBR's lips on the sticky side? Maybe she had both. The cops didn't find "any" tape of any kind in the house. That is what is conspicuous to me.

PDF file (you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view)
    http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/ww...atable=true&adobeCompatable=true&CatPage=2180

Free download of Adobe Acrobat Reader
    http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

5. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Yeah I forgot they did find some tape, thanks.

Guess you would have to call the kiddie pageant people to see what they used, eh?

6. AK

AK Member

Great thread!

I agree that the tape could have been used in pageant rehearsing or to tape the black cloth as a background for photo shoots. Good to know about the tape that doesn't leave marks.

You just know there was a lot of rehearsing going on with Patsy and JB. Kids who take singing and dancing lessons are told to practice on their own time so they'll advance quicker. I'm surprised a boombox wasn't in the basement too. Maybe it just wasn't taken as evidence.

How big a space was their garage? Did they always park cars in it, it could that space have been used for stage work?

7. AK

AK Member

JB's My Twinn doll...

...is still at the Ramseys' home. Or was, as of a couple months ago. Anyone brave enough to knock on the door and get the tour can see it on display.

Patsy's kind of lucky in that way. She still gets her "little girl fix," but it doesn't sass back.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice