August 6th 1990

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

"Her middle name will be Patricia, after moi."
    Patsy Ramsey, DOI hardcover pg 152

August 6th 1990 was the day JonBenet Patricia Ramsey appeared in the world.

Today she would have entered the threshold of becoming a young adult.

It's hard to believe isn't it?

I think of all that has happened in 7 years, of what JonBenet Ramsey really would have been like today.

Would JonBenet been in the pageant circuit? I don't know.

Would JonBenet have been a good student? Yes!

Would JonBenet have had many friends? Without a doubt.

Would JonBenet have been a happy teenager? I don't know.

I hope, at least for today, Mary Keenan, Lin Wood, and especially the Ramseys will reflect on the truth. I don't know for certain what that truth is. However I am certain the above mentioned do.

Even if it's just for a moment I hope they think about the truth and realize the truth would set them all free.

The truth would be a wonderful gift for JonBenet today.

I have "unstuck" all of the threads for today except this one. The threads will return soon. However today I would encourage all of our members, especially the newbies, to post their thoughts right here. I would like this thread to be filled with your thoughts on JonBenet's thirteenth birthday.

So many posters have been here from day one. People like ACandyRose who has dedicated the past 7 years to making it easy for all of us to accesses everything to do with this case. www.acandyrose.com I am afraid if I try to start mentioning all of you I know I will leave so many out. Please know your participation is what keeps this case alive. Pretty much the main steam media isn't going after the real story anymore. The tabs have kept up on the case but even the tabs have cut back quite a bit.

It's up to us. The new posters, the veterans and everyone in-between.

To people like Steve Thomas, the Whites, Michael Kane, and so many others who tried to do the right thing please know your efforts won't be in vain. Someday the truth will be told.

"Miss America was the least she could have been."
    Steve Thomas ITRMI

2. Little

Little Member

Thank you Tricia

Thank you Tricia for this tribute to JonBenet. It's the perfect opportunity to reflect upon how precious the life of children is - all children. To come to grips with the outrage we should all feel when one of them is denied the opportunity to be a child in that short span of time between birth and adulthood. Not one child's life is more important than another. One parent's grief is no deeper at the loss than another's. Yet very few are given the time and attention JonBenet and her family are.

JonBenet was reported to have shared her pageant trophies with other children. It would be my birthday wish for her today that in her memory the prayers for protection and justice be extended to all of our precious ones, rich or poor. They all matter.

Little

3. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Happy Birthday, JonBenet

I hear every day is a celebration in Heaven. Today would have been the first day of your teenage years, had you been allowed to stay. I would like to think you've met my loving sister who would wrap her arms around you and stay with you on the other side. I know if anyone would, she would.

Our friend, Steve Thomas, said the least you could have been was Miss America. He was right. You could have been much more than a pawn because of your beauty. You could have been a wonderful mother or a poet, the president or a great scientist. You're life ended way too soon, but perhaps your mission on earth was accomplished. Just look at all of us who have come together and learned because of you.

Happy Birthday, JonBenet. Some day all will be revealed.

4. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Happy Birthday JonBenet

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go.
    Some stay for awhile
    And leave footprints on our hearts ...
    And we are never, ever the same."

R.I.P. JonBenet Ramsey, you have touched us all.

5. Twitch

Twitch Active Member

The Future and Former Miss America

Born years ago today, her daddy was rich and her mama good looking. She had it all. All the bases were smothered. But, her life, like these words, clichéd and calculated. Already no innocent, a sweetly beautiful girl dressed up like a tart. I feel so lucky to have seen past the sequins to her sparkling heart.

Happy birthday. You’re not special. No hair dye jobs. No entertaining the troops. No mama’s little girl or daddy’s little toy. No French entendre. No painted parts. Just a plain, dull package encasing a sparkling heart.

You dear old soul, now you have it all. Your future was full but tainted. Like a friend of mine’s Gemini, split at the core. Now there’s no bothering with hateful rejection, but no wading through the colors of life. Your colors are here though; we’ll keep them clear and vibrant. You shine where you are. Nobody to please from rising til dark. Shine with your sparkling heart.

6. Watching You

Gulp

thank you, VP, what a beautiful, heart-wrenching website that is, and what selfless, beautiful people to be so caring for these poor babies who never had a chance in life.

I had to stop reading at the website. I will go back when I get home and can cry for the babies the way my heart is crying now.

JBR's death has not been in vain. She has brought some wonderful people into my life. VP, you already know you are one of them. I love you for this and so much more.

I only wish we could have met another way.

7. Aurora

Aurora Member

JonBenet

We are all aware of an immense lose even though we have never really knew you. When I went to your grave site as I crossed beneath the arch, I was keenly aware of the separation of the living from the dead. You have touched us deeply and YOU DO LIVE in forever in our hearts. Rest in Peace...Angel!

For whomever did this to you... awaits a fate worse than death.

http://www.av1611.org/hell.html

8. Vic

Vic Active Member

Rest in Peace

Little Angel

9. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

CONCRETE ANGEL
    (Stephanie Bentley, Rob Crosby)

She walks to school with the lunch she packed,
    Noboby knows what she's holdin' back,
    Wearin' the same dress she wore yesterday,
    She hides the bruises with linen and lace.

The teacher wonders but she doesn't ask,
    It's hard to see the pain behind the mask,
    Bearing the burden of a secret storm,
    Sometimes she wishes she was never born.

Through the wind and the rain,
    She stands hard as a stone,
    In a world that she can't rise above,
    But her dreams give her wings,
    And she flies to a place where she's loved,
    Concrete angel.

Somebody cries in the middle of the night,
    The neighbors hear, but they turn out the lights,
    A fragile soul caught in the hands of fate,
    When morning comes it'll be too late.

Concrete angel.

A statue stands in a shaded place,
    An angel girl with an upturned face,
    A name is written on a polished rock,
    A broken heart that the world forgot.

Concrete angel.

10. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

Happy Birthday, Jonbenet.

So many thoughts today of JonBenet and what she might've been like as a teenager.

I treasured every minute of my own daughter's little girlhood. Adored the "turn-around" dresses, dolls, strollers, playhouses, dress-up clothes, ballet outfits and every single precious moment of her early years.

Then came time for all those artifacts of her childhood to be neatly packed away into memory boxes. Dolls and toys gave way to the gidgets and gadgets of growing up - from experimentation with make-up to all manner of hair accessories....and oh so many pairs of shoes!

And while a part of me grieved briefly for the loss of my little girl, I could turn around and welcome this newly emerging young woman with all joy and love. She became more than my adored baby, maturing into a delightful fellow female in a house otherwise filled with boys.

We have had so much fun together - shopping trips, conspiratorial giggles, long talks and, along the way, some tears shed together, along with countless hugs.

I am blessed with this wonderful baby girl grown to enchanting young woman.

Thinking of JonBenet, the exquisitely beautiful little girl that John and Patsy were given to raise and nurture, that's where my thoughts go...what a tragedy to have exploited her from such a young age and then cut her life short.

The chance for a lifetime of joy thrown away in one night of horror. What a waste beyond measure.

We can't begin to guess what JonBenet would've been like at thirteen.

Would she have already made a name for herself on the pageant circuit? Who knows, Patsy might've moved her more into modeling and TV work by now and maybe one of those Dawson's Creek clone shows would've starred a strikingly beautiful-beyond-her-years "blonde" teen with an unusual name.

Then again, maybe she would've decided to assert her own personality and junk all that fake world Patsy so adored.

Atheletics could've stolen her heart and interest...or music...or bugs...or who knows what?

The sorrow is that she didn't get a chance to show the world who the real JonBenet Ramsey was. At only six years of age, she was Patsy's creation but, had she been allowed to live longer, I'm sure the real JonBenet Patricia Ramsey would've emerged - whether Patsy liked it or not! Teenagers DO have a way of being oh so obvious in their separation from parental authority and arbitrary dictates....and wouldn't that have been fun to see?

I think of my own stillborn son who also would've turned thirteen this month....and I think of JonBenet on this day. Two precious children taken too soon and under very different circumstances...but both very much in my heart today.

11. Watching You

Never have I been as proud

to be part of this forum with all its caring members as I am today.

12. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Happy Birthday, JonBenet

JonBenet, I know you are happy today in Heaven, celebrating your special day with Amber and Megan and all the other girls and boys who were taken from this life too soon.

Thank God you are free from the clutches of the evil that hid in your own home, the place that should have been safest on earth for you.

Now that you see God face to face, you know He is a just God. Your death will be avenged. The one who squeezed the breath and life out of you will pay.

Meanwhile, we here at FFJ will never give up our quest to bring your killer to earthly justice.

13. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Happy Birthday JonBenét

She has an unusual name - JonBenét.
    She was brutally murdered on Christmas Day.
    I hate what's happening in the name of this child.
    Some searching for justice have been beguiled.

JonBenét one thing is certain here on earth and that is the fact that there are still a lot of folks that have not been beguiled by the spin, the lies and the inconsistencies in statements. We want an <b>unbiased</b> investigation into your murder. We will not rest until we have accomplished getting a special prosecutor assigned to your case and see justice served on your behalf. Happy birthday young lady.

This is my favorite picture of JonBenét.

14. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

Wow, 13...

I can not post anything to come close to the beautiful posts already on this thread.

If Patsy could go into a rage over a tender aged child like JonBenet, image what would have happened at 13 or before, once JonBenet voiced her opinion.

Those thought remind me of Mother Dearest.

God Bless JonBenet and all the other Angels.

15. Ayeka

Ayeka Member

It is sad to ponder...

...that little JonBenet has now been dead longer than she was alive.

...that she will never be able to fulfill her potential.

Personally, I think she would have drifted away from the pageant circuit. She was a bright, articulate, wise-beyond-her-years sort of child, if I can judge merely from what I've read of her in the various books. I can't imagine she'd have liked being surrounded by so much artificiality.

It saddens me that her parents seem to focus more on covering their own hides. They don't act as other parents of missing or murdered children act, and while there's no manual on how parents are supposed to act when they're grieving, it's one of those "I'll know it when I see it" things. Going on CNN days after her murder and attracting the focus of the world on themselves proclaiming their innocence... well, that ain't it.

Anyway, this is for and about JonBenet. I hope her bright spirit is happy and carefree wherever she is, and I hope she's assisting The Powers That Be in bringing her killer/s to justice.

Much love to a sweet baby that I never even knew,
    Ayeka

(ps. and proud also to be a member of this wonderful, caring, dedicated forum.)

16. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Happy Birthday baby girl! 13 turning into a teenager soon to be a woman.

There's an empty place in the world where you should be and like ripples in the water the loss gets bigger with every layer.

Your missing from the man who would have made you his wife.....children you would have had, now will never be.......all the new familys your children and their children would have created are lost forever. ... sigh

We will never forget the girl you were and the woman you could have been and we will continue to fight to see that Justice is served and the person who robbed the world of you is punished and held accountable for the horrible crime that was comitted against you that Christmas night so many years ago.

17. Thor

Thor Active Member

Well, I really can't add much to all of these wonderful posts, my great forum friends. But I will add this oddity. I almost got chills. I have Webshots for screensavers and have a chitload from dogs & cats to the Umbrella People themselves. I got home from work and turned on my computer. The one that popped up for today's was JonBenet. How weird is that? It's the one where she's not smiling, with the white dress & flowers in her hair. That's even double weird.

18. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

I've thought a lot aobut JonBenet today

on her 13th birthday. I began to realize that had she lived we would not likely have even know her at all. She would be just another little girl in pagents somewhere. Althought I really believe she was beginning to care less about them at her tender age when she left us. She is in heaven for sure and I'm sure she is looking out for other children who are there too.

We will continue to seek justice for her because it seems no one else cares anymore certainly not her parents or other family members and some branches of Law Enforcement - DA to name one.

I really believe we have become a thorn in the side of those who struggle to distance themselves from "that child". Our efforts are helping to sharpen that thorn a little more each day. They know we are here.

19. Barb121

Barb121 Senior Member

Happy Birthday JonBenet

We will never forget you.

All the posts that have been written today are so moving.

I just hope we see justice for you someday.

20. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

JonBenet's Birthday....

Just returning from vacation, and realizing that I have missed JonBenet's BD....

What touching and loving posts about one of our beloved children! Reading these lovely sincere thoughts, and memories of this beautiful child makes me realize why we all come here day after day in search of justice for this abused and murderd child of innocence.....

Such a cruelty of fate for JonBenet and for all children like her who suffer this horribe end...especially the fate of betrayal and murder by the people of trust in their lives...their own parents...

JonBenet is beyond the evil contained in this lifetime, however there are children still on this earth who need us and the justice that exposure of criminals like the Ramseys would provide....

Let's all stay and keep writing and working....justice for JonBenet and the other children will come....Love, Time, Patience, and Prayer....

Voyager

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice