Lin Wood opens his yap again.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Thank you so much to the Incredible Candy for finding this article.

August 20, 2003

JonBenet figures pop up in Bryant case

Randy Wyrick

Two of the central figures in the JonBenet Ramsey case are thrusting themselves into the Kobe Bryant sexual assault investigation.

But no one's quite sure why.

Fleet and Priscilla White wrote a nine-page letter to Eagle County Judge Fred Gannett asserting that his order lacked teeth where it reminded court officials and those connected with the Bryant case not to discuss the case with the media.

The Whites claim that the Colorado law upon which Gannett's order is based has been gutted and won't keep attorneys or anyone else from talking about the case if they want to.

But again, no one's quite why they want to be involved in the Kobe case.

"The Whites have a long history of interjecting themselves into public matters," said Linn Wood, the attorney for John and Patsy Ramsey. "I find it curious that they have decided to interject themselves into a matter that doesn't really concern them."
    *snip*

http://www.vaildaily.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20030820/NEWS/308200102

This guy just needs to put a sock in it. Actually he needs to stuff his new Jaguar in it. What a hypocrite.

First the Whites have every right to send this letter to the judge. After the leaks the White had to suffer through they should be considered experts in the area of media leaks. The judge would be wise to listen to the Whites. They know what they are talking about.

As far as Wood saying. "The Whites have a long history of interjecting themselves into public matters," said Linn Wood, the attorney for John and Patsy Ramsey. "I find it curious that they have decided to interject themselves into a matter that doesn't really concern them."

WHAT??? This coming from "Injecto Man" himself. Pluueeezze. I remember when he commented on the Elizabeth Smart story. I was really worried he would try and slime his way into this case. I was glad to see that Wood only commented and didn't join in. The last thing the Smarts needed was to be represented by the same man that aligns himself with Condit and the Ramseys. They didn't need to be represented by the "Lawyer for the Damned." Several people pointed this out to those involved. Looks like they got the message. Like I said. Glad Wood slithered away from that one.

Why did Wood have to comment on what the Whites did?

I believe the most dangerous place in America is standing between Lin Wood and someone offering free publicity. He'd trample you in a second.

2. Little

Little Member

Look who's callin' the kettle black

August 22, 2003
    Exposing the tragedies tabloids cause
    Randy Wyrick
    When the Globe supermarket tabloid published a photo of who NBA player Kobe Bryant allegedly raped, people all over the country expressed shock and outrage.

Jeffrey Scott Shapiro was not one of them.

It also didn't surprise Shapiro when in January 1996, the Globe published stolen autopsy photos of slain child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey. The photos were illegally purchased by a private investigator working for the Globe who was later convicted for illegal information brokering.

If you think the tabloids have been rough in the way they've covered the Kobe Bryant case so far, Shapiro, who was in Eagle County to investigate the case for the CBS magazine show "48 Hours," said you haven't seen anything yet.

Shapiro was an investigator with the Globe for two years, digging into the JonBenet Ramsey case. He left the tabloid world in a blaze of glory, handing the Globe to the FBI on a silver platter. He provided 75 hours of tape recorded conversations with his editors that led to charges ranging from attempted bribery of a defense counsel expert to the extortion of police officers.

Globe editor Tony Frost lashed out at Shapiro for turning over the tapes and exposing some of the tabloid's methods. Shapiro said that in one recorded conversation, a livid Frost claimed his publication had more of an interest in proving the Ramseys were guilty than the Boulder Police Department or the Boulder County district attorney. Frost declined to be interviewed for this story, and said he wanted nothing to do with Shapiro.

"It seemed that no single act, regardless of how uncouth or classless, was beneath them," said Shapiro.

This is the same Globe that ran a cover photograph of the alleged victim in the Kobe Bryant rape case, with her eyes covered by a black bar.

It's also the same Globe that published autopsy photographs of JonBenet Ramsey's body with the cord that strangled her to death still wrapped around her neck.

In the Ramsey's book about the JonBenet case, "Death of Innocence," they said Frost discussed the autopsy photographs without emotion or remorse. "The Globe is a supermarket tabloid. We deal in checkbook journalism. We buy sensational photographs and stories, and we publish them," Frost is quoted as saying.

"Frost had given the world his conditions as well as defining the role of the newspaper. If we didn't like it, tough! It wasn't his daughter," wrote the Ramseys in their book. "The fact that the dignity of our daughter was violated, our family's well-being assaulted, and an innocent child turned into a spectacle did not make any difference to Frost. Selling tabloid newspapers was all that counted."

"Libel for profit'

Attorney Lin Wood, who has successfully sued the tabloids for libel and is preparing a libel case for former U.S. Rep. Gary Condit of California, called tabloids, "Libel for profit."

"They will go where they can to make the most money, and will not let the truth stand in their way," said Wood. "Tabloids are not going to let a law or two get in the way of a good story when they can make a lot of money on it."

more...

Exposing the tragedies:
    http://www.vaildaily.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20030822/NEWS/308220103

OMG!!! What a crock. Sorry, but that statement by Wood just cracks me up. Who in the name of the gods of anything for a profit does he think he is trying to make is sound as if he is any different from the very tabloids he is bad mouthing? As a matter of fact, in my opinion he is worse than any tabloid could ever think of being. I would take the word of the Enquirer or Globe over L W’s any day, at least they don’t have a hidden agenda. As a matter of fact his own clients use them when it’s convenient for them.

Little

3. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Limpwood

has double standards - one for himself and another for everyone else. It's okay if he sticks his nose into what the Whites are doing. What business is it of his what the Whites do, anyway?

You know those annoying little dogs that yip all the time? I happen to love yappy little dogs, but you get the picture I'm drawing here. Picture one of those yappy little dogs with their yappy little jaws flapping, then picture yappy Limpwood the same way. That's what he reminds me of.

I'll bet one of our talented posters can find the perfect yappy little dog picture.

4. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

The Petition

only three more signatures to go on the Petition before we hit 1,000 signatures, everyone. Remember when the google girls were laughing because there were only a few signatures on it? Whose crying now?

5. Little

Little Member

Yea!!

Isnt' that great WY? What a wonderful effort on the part of our beloved Tricia and all the great posters who support this cause.

I agree with you about the yappy little dogs too. Some of my most beloved companions were such. However, I get what you are saying about the 'BIG HAT NO CATTLE" syndrom they are plagued with.

6. Ilene-Sue

Ilene-Sue Member

I think it just hit 1000.:jumpie: :jumpie: :jumpie:

7. AK

AK Member

Shapiro

I wish the tabloids would address all the lies Shapiro tells, but they have better things to do and he's just an insignificant gnat to them. His "writing" is always good for a laugh though. Jeff, an "investigator"? Only in his mind and to the few forum owners he conned into friendships because they were so hungry to know someone, anyone who's met the Ramseys. People who encounter this guy in a professional sense are not impressed. He never fails to fail.

8. purr

purr Active Member

yapping limpwood

shut your yapper up...........enough is enough!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice