Lin Wood's ego will be his downfall

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

From the Boulder Daily Camera.
    http://www.bouldernews.com/bdc/news/article/0,1713,BDC_2397_2240183,00.html

Ramsey attorney fights back in civil court, public opinion
    Wood's name made with Ramseys, Richard Jewell

By Amy Hebert, Camera Staff Writer
    September 7, 2003

(My constitutionally protected comments and opinions are in red)

ATLANTA — Sitting in his 21st-floor law office overlooking Centennial Olympic Park, Lin Wood is on the edge of his seat, railing against media bias, when his secretary comes in and whispers that Katie Couric is on the line.

Wood relaxes into his chair, picks up the phone and greets the "Today" show anchor by her first name.

They chat about their respective vacations; hers is to London, his is an annual family trip to Florida. Couric asks how his daughter's recent high school graduation went. "I cried," he says.

Wood, who built his reputation as the fiercely protective spokesman for Richard Jewell and John and Patsy Ramsey, swivels in his chair and sorts through stacks of paper for the second-ever issue of Radar magazine. Flipping through it to find the article on himself and his new client, Gary Condit, titled "Devil's Advocate," he tells Couric to pick up a copy.

Wood hangs up without a word of business, but he says he knows what Couric's after.

"She wants an interview with the Ramseys," he says.

A month later, although there's no Ramseys interview, Couric has an exclusive — the first airing of the 911 call made in the Ramsey case. And Wood has the nation's attention as he continues his crusade to exonerate John and Patsy Ramsey, identified by Boulder police as suspects in the December 1996 slaying of their 6-year-old daughter, JonBenet.

Wood's aggressive campaign to clear his clients of the unsolved Boulder murder has helped make his name as the telegenic go-to guy for victims of "media smear campaigns." Since the Ramseys hired Wood, he has engineered major shifts in the case, fighting back in both civil court and the court of public opinion and maneuvering to get the investigation out of the hands of the Boulder Police Department.

"The days of 'The Ramseys did it' — that story's over," he said. "The 'umbrella of suspicion' is closed."

Civil court winner

Patsy Ramsey called Wood three years after JonBenet's death, in the fall of 1999. A grand jury was investigating the parents, and tabloids screamed accusations.

"She called me and said, 'We've had some problems related to the death of our daughter,'" Wood recalled. "I was sitting there thinking, 'There's the understatement of the year.'"

He told her the same thing he would tell Condit two years later when the California congressman hired him to fight accusations that he was involved in the disappearance of intern Chandra Levy — "You should have called me earlier."

Statutes of limitations protected earlier stories from libel lawsuits, but the Ramseys still came to Wood's office with a 2-inch-thick file of articles, including several claiming the killer was JonBenet's brother, Burke, who was 9 years old the night of the murder and never a suspect.

The grand jury ended its work without an indictment, and the Ramseys started suing.

Every lawsuit filed by the Ramseys has been settled out of court. Every one against them has been dismissed. And through the civil suits, Wood accessed police evidence and subpoenaed key players in the investigation, using them to threaten a lawsuit against the Boulder police, alleging they ignored evidence that an intruder killed JonBenet.

With that threat in the air, Boulder County District Attorney Mary Keenan took over the investigation from police in December. She has since publicly agreed with a 93-page ruling by federal Judge Julie Carnes dismissing a lawsuit against the Ramseys on the grounds that evidence in the case is more consistent with an intruder theory than theories that the Ramseys killed their daughter.

"I'd like to think that Carnes' ruling and Mary Keenan's statements have driven a stake into the heart of anyone who accuses the Ramseys," Wood said, "unless they just want to make a considerable donation to the Ramseys and me." (bold mine)

Lin Wood is psychotically arrogant. Lin Wood is why we have jokes like, "What to you call 100 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean.....A good start." He is the underbelly of the ambulance chasers IMO. Lin Wood has gone over the edge. He thinks he is invincible but he is not. Not by a long shot. His own big mouth and out of control ego is going to come back and bite him in his assss someday. I hope I live to see it. More from the article...

'Spin doctor'

He also has released pieces of evidence to the news media, vying for the greatest exposure and most favorable timing.

The release of the 911 tape in June was planned for a slow news time, Wood said, especially because the war in Iraq overshadowed the news of Carnes' ruling in March.

"Candidly, I wanted to make sure as best I could that it would receive maximum exposure," Wood said. "I felt like I would simply wait and pick an opportune time when people might be listening."

Wood is basically the Ramseys' spin doctor, said Lawrence Schiller, author of the 1999 book about the Ramsey case "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town."

He said Wood is building public support for the Ramseys by getting "opinion makers" like Katie Couric on "his team." But Schiller accused him of telling a one-sided story that doesn't admit there were reasons behind police suspicion of the Ramseys.

"Lin Wood is guilty of the same thing that he is laying at the feet of his adversaries, and that is that he's editing the material for the public," Schiller said. "He is in essence a public-relations expert."

With the 911 tape, Schiller said Wood acts as if police lied when they said a lab analysis of the tape revealed Burke's voice on the end, a detail that would be important because the Ramseys said their son was asleep at the time. Detectives got that information from a lab, but Wood acts as if it came out of thin air, Schiller said.

When the "Today" show aired the tape, it also interviewed two experts who dismissed police theories. Wood decided not to give the 911 exclusive to "48 Hours" after journalists at that show said there seemed to be something extra on the end of the recording.

As the wonderful poster Spade so aptly noted on another thread, "Lin Wood "jumped the shark."

But Trip DeMuth, a former Boulder County prosecutor who investigated the case for former District Attorney Alex Hunter, said Wood's publicity tactics are a fitting response to years of fingerpointing.

"It's been tried in the court of public opinion for years by 'sources close to the investigation,'" DeMuth said. "Lin is now just trying to respond in the same court of public opinion."

What a great fighter for truth and justice this piece of work is. Oh wait. I forgot. He got a cushy job with the Ramsey's defense attorneys after being blown out of the water by Mary "anybody but the Ramseys" Keenan. By the way Trip. Nice boots. Better to kick the **** out of innocence people with (like Santa Bill) don't you think?

DeMuth, who said he was taken off the case because he wanted to pursue evidence of an intruder, said Wood won't fully succeed until the real killer is caught. But he said that's more likely now that Keenan's office is investigating leads that haven't been followed.

"I do think that public opinion is getting a more open mind about all the different possibilities that are out there," DeMuth said.

No Trip. Everyone can see through Lin Wood except you and your little band of Ramsey suck ups.

'Junkyard dog'

Wood cut his teeth in the court of public opinion representing Richard Jewell, the security guard wrongly accused in the 1996 Olympic bombing in Atlanta.

Jewell's attorney, Watson Bryant, wanted someone to go after news media outlets he thought depicted Jewell unfairly. Bryant had worked with Wood and his then-partner Wayne Grant before and respected them both — Grant for his diplomacy and Wood because "he was the meanest SOB I ever saw," Bryant said.

"Lin is the only lawyer I ever saw that made another lawyer cry in a deposition, and I wanted a junkyard dog," he said.

He got one. Trouble is this junkyard dog thinks he is the master of everyone. Not quite. We have to believe there are still a few good guys left that will muzzle this frothing beast.

He said it didn't bother him that Wood and Grant specialized in medical malpractice litigation, because they were good. And he said Wood, whom he described as vain and combative, was perfectly suited for a "street fight" with news media outlets that Bryant had even choicer words for.

"That's a match made in hell," Bryant said. "He took to it like a duck to water."

Wood and Grant were on the case less than two weeks after the fatal explosion, which happened within sight of their office. The early notice gave them the chance to do with Jewell what Wood wishes he could have done with the Ramseys.

"We took to the airwaves," Wood said. "We didn't let the sun set on a false story about Richard Jewell."

The U.S. Department of Justice publicly exonerated Jewell within three months. Since then, Wood has won confidential settlements for Jewell from NBC, CNN and the New York Post.

But he said the case cost him his partnership with Grant, who was not invited on the first "60 Minutes" in which Wood and Jewell pleaded their case. Wood said differences between him and Grant, who did not return calls seeking comment, came to the forefront during that time.

"I have a big ego," Wood admitted. "A lot of lawyers do."

Lin many lawyers have a big ego but most of them aren't so stupid as to continually try and mislead the public on national TV. Your ego is out of control. I guess it makes up for your lack of any compassion or common sense. In my opinion of course

The young Wood

Wood has a softer side too, though, and more personal motivations for his choice of career paths.

At 16, he learned more about sorrow, loss and the criminal justice system than most people experience in a lifetime. And he learned how comforting a good lawyer can be.

On March 29, 1969, Wood returned to his home in Macon, Ga., to find his father standing over the body of his 42-year-old mother, Josephine. Lucian Lincoln Wood was trying to revive his wife, but he had beaten her to death in a drunken rage. He was charged with murder, and his son and 17-year-old daughter were left to fend without parents.

Sleeping at the YMCA and working odd jobs through the end of high school, Wood helped raise money to hire lawyers that secured an involuntary-manslaughter plea bargain for his father. Lucian Wood was sentenced to five years in prison and served about two.

"I didn't try to get him off," Wood said. "I just wanted him to be treated fairly in the system, which is not inconsistent with what I've been doing for the last 26 years for my clients."

He said he would have done the same thing for his mother, who was just as likely to go after his father with a pair of scissors or throw a cup of boiling coffee in his face. The Woods drank and fought, and everybody in the small Southern town knew it, he said.

Wood said he understands what it feels like to be looked down on, and he remembers the "island in a storm feeling" he got from his father's attorneys.

"I was a 16-year-old kid that was involved in a tragedy, and two highly respected professionals reached out and offered to help me," he said, adding that he remembers thinking he'd like to do the same for others some day.

I wonder what these same highly respected individuals would think of Wood's attempt to trash innocent people to protect guilty ones.

Wood took refuge in books, earning a full academic scholarship to Mercer University. He stayed there for law school, getting married two years in. At 25, he graduated with honors and returned to Macon to work at his father-in-law's law firm.

The feeling that people might think he hadn't earned his position in the firm ate at Wood, and his first marriage ended after four years. Two more unsuccessful marriages followed before he married his "final wife," Debby, 16 years ago. The couple has two children together, and Wood has a son from his second wife and a daughter from his third.

"I've had failures," Wood said. "I didn't get married four times because I was good at it."

Playing the game, and winning

He hasn't had many failures in the Ramsey case.

"So far in a court of law, I've won every case," Wood says. "And I'm not worried about losing in the future."

Hey why not open up all the settlements Lin? Which party approached first. How much money you made. How much the Ramsey's made. I know I know. Silly me. We wouldn't want THE TRUTH to come out now would we? Naw.

Darnay Hoffman, the New York lawyer who lost the case that ended with Judge Carnes' 93-page ruling, admits Wood "knocked my block off."

Hoffman represented Boulder journalist Chris Wolf, who sued the Ramseys for libel because their book named him as a suspect in JonBenet's death. The lawsuit hinged on proving Patsy Ramsey knew that wasn't true because she killed her daughter.

It achieved quite a different effect, ending in the ruling that spotlighted evidence of an intruder.

"It's the best thing that ever happened to them," Hoffman said.

He said Wood is a hard-nosed, old-school lawyer who's difficult to deal with and will "fight tooth and nail for everything," but Hoffman added that he respects his opponent's abilities.

"If I had a person that had the problem the Ramseys had, I'd want Lin Wood," he said.

But Hoffman said he still believes the Ramseys are guilty, and he said Wood's vigilance has made the news media skittish about looking into evidence that implicates the couple.

"I think the media is definitely much more cowardly with this case now," Hoffman said.

Few members of the news media are willing to comment on their relationship with Wood.

Publicists at "Today" and "Larry King Live" — which take the top spots on Wood's Web-site list of news media appearances — declined interview requests. Fox News, which Wood is threatening to sue over a report that said there has never been any evidence an intruder killed JonBenet, declined comment.

Andrew Cohen, a legal analyst for CBS News, said the news media and the public have simply moved on — to Laci Peterson and Kobe Bryant — although Wood does what he can to keep the story alive.

"He knows how to play the game, and the media allows him to play the game," Cohen said.

Wood is an aggressive and zealous attorney, but his efforts are all "window dressing," "spin" and "pizzazz," Cohen said before stopping abruptly.

"I better be careful what I say," he said. "I don't want him to sue me for libel."

This is an outrage. Why are people so afraid of this twerp? He is goose stepping all over the constitution and the big American watchdog media is letting him. What a bunch of cowards.

Represented by Lin Wood, the Ramseys have prevailed in every lawsuit they've been involved in over the 1996 death of their daughter, JonBenet. Here are key cases:

Ramseys as plaintiffs

Suits naming them as defendants, which have typically hinged on proving one of the parents killed their 6-year-old child, have all been dismissed. Suits brought by the Ramseys, over libelous statements in books, newspapers and television broadcasts, have all been settled out of court.

Here's a brief history:

Burke Ramsey vs. Star magazine: Filed December 1999, seeking $25 million for a story claiming JonBenet's brother Burke was the killer. Burke was never a suspect. Settled May 2000.

How much?

Burke Ramsey vs. Time Warner: Filed May 2000, seeking $4 million for a story reprinting the Star allegations settled June 2001.

How much?

Burke Ramsey vs. New York Post: Filed May 2000, seeking $4 million for a story reprinting the Star allegations settled January 2003

How much?

Burke Ramsey vs. the Globe: Filed May 2000, seeking $35 million for a story portraying Burke as a suspect. Settled January 2001.

How much?

Burke Ramsey vs. Court TV: Filed June 2001, seeking $70 million over a show identifying Burke as a suspect in the murder. Settled October 2002.

How much?

John and Patsy Ramsey vs. Steve Thomas and St. Martin's Press: Filed August 2001, seeking $80 million over former Boulder police officer's 2000 book, "JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation." Settled March 2002

How much? Who paid out? Why can Thomas' book still be sold? Why no retraction or admittance of wrong doing on Thomas' part? The only difference between before the suit was filed and today is YOU AND THE RAMSEYS HAVE MADE MONEY OFF JONBENET RAMSEY. I thought John said on LKL that THIS lawsuit wasn't about money. Silly me...what am I thinking. It's all about money isn't it.

Darnay Hoffman vs. John and Patsy Ramsey: Filed March 2000, seeking $50 million for libel on grounds that Patsy Ramsey killed JonBenet and so knew that statements in the Ramseys' book were false dismissed April 2000 so Hoffman could file Wolf vs. Ramseys.

As defendants:

Linda Hoffman-Pugh vs. John and Patsy Ramsey: Filed April 2000, seeking $50 million for libel on grounds that Patsy Ramsey killed JonBenet, then named the Ramseys' former housekeeper as a suspect. Dismissed April 2002.

Robert Christian Wolf vs. John and Patsy Ramsey: Filed April 2000, seeking $50 million for libel on grounds that Patsy Ramsey killed JonBenet, then falsely named the Boulder journalist as a suspect. Dismissed March 2003.

Clarence Otworth vs. John and Patsy Ramsey: Filed August 2000, seeking $100,000 for breach of contract. The Ramseys had offered a $100,000 reward to anyone with information on who killed their daughter, and the Georgia man said he was owed the money because he had the answer: They did. Dismissed November 2000.

I'm with Clarence. He deserves the money.

What's next?

Wood says he will sue FoxNews this month over correspondent Carol McKinley's statement that "there has never been any evidence to link an intruder" to the murder.Attorneys for Fox refused to comment, but they defended McKinley's reporting as "fair, balanced and accurate" in a letter to Wood responding to an ultimatum that he would sue if Fox didn't run a retraction. Wood said he's also heard rumblings of book deals by an "Internet junkie" and former Ramsey housekeeper Linda Hoffman-Pugh. If published, he said he would peruse the books carefully.

— Camera staff

Contact Amy Hebert at heberta@dailycamera.com or (303) 473-1329.
    ```````````````````````````````````````````
    I must congratulate Amey Hebert. I have always enjoyed her reporting. She actually did a good job of making Wood sound somewhat human when describing the death of his mother. However, as we know, in earlier reports Wood comes off more callous which is how he seems in real life.

A new member at FFJ named Spade put it so beautifully on another thread. I hope Spade doesn't mind that I copied her/his words of wisdom to end my post.

For a good time,everyone should visit www.jumptheshark.com This website lists TV shows that have made script errors that caused their demise. My nomination is Lin Wood on Dateline when he accused the BPD of planting John, Patsy, and Burke's voices on the 911 tape.

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

He admits he has

a big ego? LOLOLOLO, that's the understatement of the century. His ego, as Tricia says, is out of control.

I actually like this article. I like it that Larry Schiller has the intestinal fortitude to speak out. I like it that Wood is called exactly what I think he has been doing for the Ramseys - a PR agent. I've never seen another attorney like him who goes out and campaigns for his clients the way he does. I don't think the public appreciates the obvious spin tactics of Wood, but he likes his mug in pictures, and an ego like his can't see that the public aren't robots who buy what he is saying - the public actually has brains and can figure things out themselves. At least, most of the public does. There will always be the Rambots and mamebots who are not capable of reason.

I also think Wood likes to see himself on TV. He likes hobnobbing with the elite of the media - Katie Couric, indeed. I used to like Katie, but I think she's gotten too big for her britches in recent years, too. My youngest daughter hates her because she asks such stupid questions sometimes, LOL. I do know that as buddy buddy Katie and Wood are right now, Katie could turn on him in a heartbeat. Her ego is as big or bigger than his. Nah.

The 911 tape will be Wood's downfall in the end. He made a HUGE mistake promoting that bullsmit on TV, pretending there was nothing at the end. Like Schiller said, the BPD didn't just pull that out of the air. It's there. Count on it. And Wood is going to end up looking like the total jerk he is.

3. Ayeka

Ayeka Member

Realization

It's sad that the "court of public opinion" has to matter so much in this case. Hopefully when this case goes to trial, a sharp, with-it prosecutor will have a list of Ramsey fallacies to debunk one by one as they're brought up, and the jury (you know, the people who will actually render the verdict) will see the smokescreen for what it is.

Ayeka
    ps. That Clarence has got a set, doesn't he! LOL. Love it all day.

4. Ilene-Sue

Ilene-Sue Member

I think Mr. Wood should go into politics. I think he would be well suited for a job like the govenor of Georgia. His talents are being wasted being a lil ole libel attorney, even if he gets high profile clients. It's time he made it REALLY big...

I also think he made a big,big mistake accepting Gary Condit as a client and it's going to bite him in the you know what. He should quit now while he's ahead....

5. Spade

Spade Member

Trailer Park trash

Limp Woody is the archtype for nuevo riche trailer park trash. His every action exposes him.

That's why he and patsy get on so well. "birds of a feather..."

6. Spade

Spade Member

Really

deleted by spade

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  7. Tricia

The post below is my consitutionally protected opinion which was formed after reading public documents concerning Lin Wood and the Ramseys.

Spade it is shocking to see Lin Wood openly expose his shallowness isn't it?

I found this definition of "white trash" at urban dictionary.com
    "An individual that may or may not be poor, but is monumentally ignorant and quite possibly stupid."

This is how I have always thought of "white trash." Not as being poor, not someone who lives in a trailer park, but someone who is ignorant, stupid, and takes advantage of innocent people to benefit either monetarily or personally.

I have always felt the term "white trash" really fit Lin Wood.

He is out to prove something. He is out to prove that he is not the poor boy from the wrong side of the tracks that everyone talks about. No he is out to prove that nobody better mess with him. He has power. He has money. He has jaguars. He has horses. He THINKS he has respect but that's where he is wrong.

He is not respected. Fear and respect are not the same thing. I fear a person who has a loaded gun and is shooting into a crowd. I respect a cop how has the courage to stop him.

See Lin Wood to me is that person with a gun shooting into a crowd. Metaphorically speaking of course. He and his precious Ramseys don't care who they hurt, destroy, or damage.

Lin Wood mistakes fear and loathing for respect. In my opinion deep down he knows he will never be any better than the poor kid he was. He knows it. Yet he plows forward.

He has done something so stupid, so ignorant, that it's painful to watch.

He accused the cops of lying about the 911 tape.

Because he is so bent on making sure people "respect" him he finally has done it. People are no longer fearing him. They are almost starting to feel sorry for him and laugh at his stupidity.

I predict Lin Wood will be shoveling the horses dung, and parking other peoples Jaguars in the future.

White Trash to me is someone with no soul who doesn't worry about the consequences of his actions on innocent people. That's just plain Trash as far as I am concerned.

That's Lin Wood and the Ramseys in my constitutionally protected opinion

8. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Pride Goes Before a Fall

Yertle the Turtle-----------------by Dr. Seuss

On the far-away island of Sala-ma-Sond,
    Yertle the Turtle was king of the pond.
    A nice little pond. It was clean. It was neat.
    The water was warm. There was plenty to eat.
    The turtles had everything turtles might need.
    And they were all happy. Quite happy indeed.

They were... untill Yertle, the king of them all,
    Decided the kingdom he ruled was too small.
    "I'm ruler", said Yertle, "of all that I see.
    But I don't see enough. That's the trouble with me.
    With this stone for a throne, I look down on my pond
    But I cannot look down on the places beyond.
    This throne that I sit on is too, too low down.
    It ought to be higher!" he said with a frown.
    "If I could sit high, how much greater I'd be!
    What a king! I'd be ruler of all that I see!"

So Yertle, the Turtle King, lifted his hand
    And Yertle, the Turtle King, gave a command.
    He ordered nine turtles to swim to his stone
    And, using these turtles, he built a new throne.
    He made each turtle stand on another one's back
    And he piled them all up in a nine-turtle stack.
    And then Yertle climbed up. He sat down on the pile.
    What a wonderful view! He could see 'most a mile!
    "All mine!" Yertle cried. "Oh, the things I now rule!
    I'm the king of a cow! And I'm the king of a mule!
    I'm the king of a house! And, what's more, beyond that
    I'm the king of a blueberry bush and a cat!
    I'm Yertle the Turtle! Oh, marvelous me!
    For I am the ruler of all that I see!"

And all through the morning, he sat up there high
    Saying over and over, "A great king am I!"
    Until 'long about noon. Then he heard a faint sigh.
    "What's that?" snapped the king
    And he looked down the stack.
    And he saw, at the bottom, a turtle named Mack.
    Just a part of his throne. And this plain little turtle
    Looked up and he said, "Beg your pardon, King Yertle.
    I've pains in my back and my shoulders and knees.
    How long must we stand here, Your Majesty, please?"
    "SILENCE!" the King of the Turtles barked back.
    "I'm king, and you're only a turtle named Mack."
    "You stay in your place while I sit here and rule.
    I'm the king of a cow! And I'm the king of a mule!
    I'm the king of a house! And a bush! And a cat!
    But that isn't all. I'll do better than that!

My throne shall be higher!" his royal voice thundered,
    "So pile up more turtles! I want 'bout two hundred!"
    "Turtles! More turtles!" he bellowed and brayed.
    And the turtles 'way down in the pond were afraid.
    They trembled. They shook. But they came. They obeyed.
    From all over the pond, they came swimming by dozens.
    Whole families of turtles, with uncles and cousins.
    And all of them stepped on the head of poor Mack.
    One after another, they climbed up the stack.
    Then Yertle the Turtle was perched up so high,
    He could see fourty miles from his throne in the sky!
    "Hooray!" shouted Yertle. "I'm the king of the trees!
    I'm king of the birds! And I'm king of the bees!
    I'm king of the butterflies! King of the air!
    Ah, me! What a throne! What a wonderful chair!
    I'm Yertle the Turtle! Oh, marvelous me!
    For I am the ruler of all that I see!"

Then again, from below, in the great heavy stack,
    Came a groan from that plain little turtle named Mack.
    "Your Majesty, please... I don't like to complain,
    But down here below, we are feeling great pain.
    I know, up on top you are seeing great sights,
    But down here at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
    We turtles can't stand it. Our shells will all crack!
    Besides, we need food. We are starving!" groaned Mack.

"You hush up your mouth!" howled the mighty King Yertle.
    "You've no right to talk to the world's highest turtle.
    I rule from the clouds! Over land! Over sea!
    There's nothing, no, NOTHING, that's higher than me!"

But, while he was shouting, he saw with suprise
    That the moon of the evening was starting to rise
    Up over his head in the darkening skies.
    "What's THAT?" snorted Yertle. "Say, what IS that thing
    That dares to be higher than Yertle the King?
    I shall not allow it! I'll go higher still!
    I'll build my throne higher! I can and I will!
    I'll call some more turtles. I'll stack 'em to heaven!
    I need 'bout five thousand, six hundred and seven!"

But, as Yertle, the Turtle King, lifted his hand
    And started to order and give the command,
    That plain little turtle below in the stack,
    That plain little turtle whose name was just Mack,
    Decided he'd taken enough. And he had.
    And that plain little lad got a bit mad.
    And that plain little Mack did a plain little thing.
    He burped!
    And his burp shook the throne of the king!

And Yertle the Turtle, the king of the trees,
    The king of the air and the birds and the bees,
    The king of a house and a cow and a mule...
    Well, that was the end of the Turtle King's rule!
    For Yertle, the King of all Sala-ma-Sond,
    Fell off his high throne and fell Plunk! in the pond!

And to say the great Yertle, that Marvelous he,
    Is King of the Mud. That is all he can see.
    And the turtles, of course... all the turtles are free,
    As turtles and, maybe, all creatures should be.

9. Tricia

OMG DejaNu don't tell me Lin Wood sued Dr. Suess too????

:winkaway:

I like the name Yertle for Lin Wood. I think I shall refer to Mr. Wood as Yertle from now on.

Spade you wrote:

"Enboldened by the bucks from DOI's publisher's insurance company lw showed in Omaha, Nebraska to depose Stratbucker with an entourage that included lw's teenage son, looney lou's kid's software, and a workup on this minor league witness that went back 25 years."

Is that how these lawsuits against publishers work?

In other words if you file a lawsuit against a publisher the publisher's insurance kicks in and the plaintiff's attorney can charge all his/her costs to the defendant's ( publisher) insurance?

Ok I have to start a whole new thread on Yertle's apparent shakedown tactics.

10. Tricia

That's right. Lin Wood was on the recieving end of the lawsuit so the publishers would pony up.

I am so use to Wood suing (or threatening to sue) everything with a heartbeat I lose track sometimes

11. Ilene-Sue

Ilene-Sue Member

Leroy Lin Wood has some serious P.R. to do for his other "innocent" client. Just found this public opinion poll at About.com.

Did Condit Do It?
    Take the Survey

100%, Condit did it. 263 (20%)
    Condit was involved. 548 (43%)
    Not involved, but knows more. 113 (8%)
    I think he's hiding something. 142 (11%)
    He's not involved in any way. 58 (4%)
    Bill Clinton did it. 149 (11%)

1273 Total votes

What's your opinion of Gary Condit?

Extremely bad liar (414)
    22%

Extremely bad hair (204)
    11%

Unluckiest adulterer in Washington (568)
    30%

Depends on what the meaning of the word 'raging sex fiend' is (236)
    12%

Condidit (414)
    22%

Total Votes: 1836

12. AK

AK Member

OMG, Ilene-Sue

"Raging sex fiend" -- LOL

Spade, I agree about Darnay Hoffman. I'd like to see a serious discussion of all that he did wrong in this case. He betrayed his clients so terribly, it's a wonder why (if?) he is still in the state bar.

Now, Lin, if you're reading this, and I know you are, please deliver a message:

This month two major events are happening that may impact Patsy Ramsey...

A group of homicide professionals from the Patster's home state will be forming a cold case brigade and meeting in Las Vegas. Wonder what case they'll be discussing?

and

A group of FBI agents is converging on Colorado. Not to sound too redundant, but: Wonder what case they'll be discussing?!

Will a certain Southern-fried drama mama get a case of the Stage Four vapors? I do declare!

13. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Uhhmmmm--Laci Peterson?

Oh wait. She was in Cali.

14. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Fed, are these two activities at the behest of Keenan or independent thereof?

15. AK

AK Member

I can't say...

...because I don't know.

But if I were Keenan, I'd invite them over for a sit-down.

16. Tricia

Uhhh..Are you guys trying to get me run over by the bus with the wheels that go 'round and 'round??? :D

17. Watching You

???

18. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

Let's all do the Damaged Genetics dance!
    :sponge: :sponge: :sponge: :sponge:

19. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

I wonder if she goes on-line.

20. Watching You

I've always thought Limpy looks a little deranged. Mayhap it runs in the family?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice