Is Lin Wood being conned by the Ramseys?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Here's a thought.

The Ramseys used Jammy for their own agenda. They had no concern for her. In fact I bet they wouldn't be caught dead associating with someone like Jammy unless it would benefit them in someway.

What about Lin Wood? Has he been conned and used by the Ramseys?

Think about it.

Hal Hadden was the Ramsey criminal attorney. He is the biggest and the best in the west. He is very powerful.

Do you think Patsy and John would have hired some yahoo that didn't have class, big name status and star power? Of course not. Only the best. Hal Hadden.

When they needed a civil lawyer who did they turn to? Daniel Petrocelli? Erin Brockovitch? Jerry Spence?

Lin Wood????? Who the hell is Lin Wood.

Lin Wood had been in the news when Patsy called him asking for help. He had been defending Richard Jewel in civil libel cases. The F.B.I cleared Jewel. Lin Wood's libel cases for Jewel were a no brainer.

Unlike the Ramseys.

Think about this. Do you think Patsy looked at Jewel and said, "I want the same lawyer he does." I doubt it.

Lin Wood is no one the Ramseys would associate with in normal life in my opinion. Look where he came from. The very wrong side of the tracks. Father killed mother. Wood helps with father's defense. This is a white trash movie of the week waiting to be written. John and Patsy would stay away from Lin Wood no matter how rich because he was not in the same [class as they were. Class and status are everything to the Ramseys.

But John and Patsy do know how to use. How to manipulate.

Patsy, using her best southern charm, calls Mr. Wood and asks for help.

In my opinion Lin Wood is so desperate he jumps at the opportunity. Thinking this will get him the status he so desperately wants.

The Ramseys then do their spin on him. Their lies. Their stories. Lin Wood, being so eager to jump over to the "upper class," not only becomes an advocate for his clients, which is what any good lawyer would do, but he becomes their personal mouth piece. Jumping in front of the camera any time he can. Spreading all the lies they told him. He will stop at nothing to destroy innocent people who try and hurt his ticket to respectability.

Lin Wood's defense of the Ramseys goes beyond the normal advocacy of a lawyer. It is rabid. Wood is so desperate that he even accuses the BPD of making up the 911 call story.

Perhaps Lin Wood really believes everything the Ramseys have told him. Perhaps the Ramseys knew how to manipulate a man who is desperate to show the world that he is no longer the man from the wrong side. John and Patsy Ramsey trust him. They like him. Therefore he is in their "class."

If John and Patsy didn't need a rabid pit-bull attorney who they could manipulate, one who was so desperate to prove himself to the world, they wouldn't give Lin Wood the time of day.

No matter how hard Lin Wood tries, no matter how many cars, horses, houses and whatever Lin Wood accumulates, he can't change who is really is.

I think Lin Wood is being used by the Ramseys and doesn't even know it.

It will come back and bite him. Big time.

John and Patsy were desperate. Desperate enough to lower their uppity, snobbish, high class ways and lower themselves to ask Lin Wood for help.

When Wood said yes he made the biggest mistake of his career.

All of this is my opinion of course.
    Tricia

2. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

TG, your ponderings are right on target. When the Rs couldn't manipulate we the people via the RN, Smit, the GJ, Haddon, Mame/NK (you wondered why Mame et al never disclosed the tag NK put on JR in that testimony?) and, barf, Jamarammer, they turned to someone equally as vile to champion their public image cause, all while claiming they are "private persons" for legal reasons. These people will say anything and use even the wart on a :(:(:(:(-ant's behind if it serves their purposes, and each step of the way, instead of exhonerating themselves, they are digging a deeper hellhole. It will be interesting to see what becomes of Jams and what will occur, if anything, with the independent task force and FBI swarms foretold by FedoraX.

But don't feel bad for LW. He's been cruisin' for this bruisin' for a VERY long time. It's just that we the people haven't been made privvy to it until recently. I'll bet there are a lot of people in small-town GA about to go "right on!"

Predators always hunt in packs.....

3. Spade

Spade Member

Shakedown

Right on Tricia! I have had the same thought for a couple of years. The article in the BDC answered allot of questions but the big one was that Patsy called lw. The Ramsey's spent 3 years being controlled by Hal Haddon and so when Hal dumped them because they don't pay their bills, they sought a mouthpiece that they could lord it over. lw's poor white trash roots made him the perfect choice.

According to lawyers who have dealt with lw, a big part of his act is being a professional A** H***. Its not that he has to be a very good actor but he does make it difficult to deal with him. This trait encourages his opponents to settle rather than put up with lw's BS any longer.

Peter Canfield who represents the Atlanta Constitution is the polar opposite of lw. Peter was graduated from Yale where he was editor of the Yale Law Review and is currently listed as one of the 100 best lawyers in America. lw graduated from Mercer after marrying the daughter of a successful lawyer in his 2nd year in order to make it through.

In December of 2002 as part of the NYPost suit, lw heard the 911 tape at the Boulder DA's office. I knew then that he would have to make a choice Since lw feels inferior to the Ramsey's, after all they are a whole generation removed from the trailer park, I doubt if he confronted John and Patsy about what he heard. (IMO everything ST says is on the tape is on the tape) So lw charged and accused the BPD of PLANTING Patsy, John, and Burke's voices of the tape he heard. Big mistake and maybe the end of lw's shakedown racket/law career.

4. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Class?

Are you kidding, Tricia? The Ramseys are below-the-tracks mentality who happen to be able to afford Gucci suits. They have no class - look at the way they talk. They both talk and act like hicks. Just because they think their money makes them high-classed doesn't make it so. It's like they say - you can take the man out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the man. They're both talk like a couple of street toughs.

I think they picked Wood because he is just like them - confrontational and always on the offensive, as in bullies. The Ramseys are bullies, Wood's a bully, jameson's a bully - it's been that way for years, mameson's a bully hick, too. The Rams aren't leading Wood, it's a win-win situation for all of them, or at least it was until Wood shot his mouth off about the 911 tape.

The Ramseys haven't kept their butts out of prison this long because they were stupid. If they murdered their daughter, they pulled off one of the biggest coups in history. There are holes in their stories, of course, but they took every advantage they could of poor police procedure and a mamby pamby DA's office who catered to Hadden et al. They've thrown it in everyone's faces ever since, getting away with it.

Spade is right about Wood. He made the biggest mistake of his life when he claimed the BPD played loose and fancy with that 911 tape. It really could be a career ender for him, because I too believe Steve Thomas told the truth about what was on the end of that tape. Wood is going to be totally discredited if the truth comes out and the truth shows he is either incompetent or a liar.

5. Spade

Spade Member

WY

I'm not saying that the Ramsey's ARE higher class than lw, just that lw perceives the Ramsey's as higher class and vice versa. Don't forget that lw is the git of two violent drunks. The apple usually doesn't fall far from the tree.

If you were lw last December and you heard the 911 tape, wouldn't you question John and Patsy carefully? Think about this situation: If the 911 tape is legit and IMO it is 100% legit, then it is irrefutable evidence that John and Patsy Ramsey have LIED to the authorities since before JonBenet's body was found. And lw has LIED to judges in multiple jurisdictions by pursuing his libel shakedown scam. www.jumptheshark.com

6. Watching You

You know what?

jameson says she's uncomfortable in the place she is now. I noticed after she got her copy of the 911 tape, she was going back and forth on whether there was something on that tape or not. She first said there was nothing there. Then she said there was something but it could have been from reusing the tape (yeh, right, Patsy's and John's and Burke's voices were there from a prior use of the tape). Then she came up with some other thing about the noises on the tape being at the beginning of the tape. I thought she sounded unsure about those noises in some of her posts.

Could it be that she has had confirmation those voices were on the tape and in spite of her spinning like a top, she now knows she was wrong and is going to be made a fool of (again)?

Spade, I knew you weren't saying the Ramseys were high class. I know their PA man reads here as well as jammy sue. As long as they are reading, they may as well read the truth. You know?

7. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Spade: "In December of 2002 as part of the NYPost suit, lw heard the 911 tape at the Boulder DA's
    office. I knew then that he would have to make a choice Since lw feels inferior to the Ramsey's, after all they are a whole generation removed from the trailer park, I doubt if he confronted John and Patsy about what he heard. (IMO everything ST says is on the tape is on the tape) So lw charged and accused the BPD of PLANTING Patsy, John, and Burke's voices of the tape he heard. Big mistake
    and maybe the end of lw's shakedown racket/law career."

"Planting" their voices on the tape is the same bullchit Johnny Cochran pulled with the "planting the glove" defense in the OJ case. The only way Cochran succeeded in that defense was by introducing Fuhrman's racial prejudice. The Rs have long been wailing about BPD's "prejudice" in placing them under the umbrella, although it has nothing to do with race, only MONEY. "I'm so rich they have it out for me!" As if EVERYONE wants to be them....Whether this latest "defense" strategy will prove to be LW's much-deserved undoing remains to be seen, but my guess at best is it won't fly anymore than any of the other lame duck cluck they've spun.

Honestly, LW doesn't give a rat's :(:(:( about what class the Rs are or aren't. They don't give a rat's :(:(:( about his social class. Predators always hunt in packs, or, like my lil ole Irish grandma used to say, water seeks its own level. While these predators have fed on everyone who's dared cross their paths, they have also been feeding off each other. Just like the Rs, Mame and Jammie, LW has been salivating for his 15 min. of fame. He's gotten it through Jewel, the Ramseys and now pursuing it with Condit. In defense of all country folk, I wouldn't place the Ramseys or LW in that category. They're all just trash...trash with money, for now...when the reservoirs dry up, so will they.

8. Watching You

You're right, DejaNu

I could have worded that better. Country was the wrong term to use. I like your term, trash, better. Cause I was country, when country wasn't cool...

9. Ilene-Sue

Ilene-Sue Member

Do we have an animator here who can make this into Lin Wood?

10. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

11. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Cochran was able to sell his case but Wood can't possibly because it's one thing to plant an inanimate object on the ground but quite another to re-create <i>three</i> unique voices in just the right place on a tape and come up with words that would make those <i>three</i> people sound as if they have guilty knowledge. Without the "right" resources (and you are talking <b>major</b> conspiracy) it would also be nearly impossible to not have the tape reflect that it had been tampered with. Besides, those tapes are unused (as in new and sealed) when the 911 calls are pulled and recorded on them unless Boulder is unique to LE.

Steve Thomas would have been very foolish to lie about the 911 tape. Steve knew if there was ever a trial that the tape would be part of the evidence in the trial. It would be a <b>huge</b> mistake to lie about the tape and Steve is not a stupid man.

Lin Wood on the other hand, shoots his mouth off because he doesn't believe this case will ever go to trial hence, he believes he can say whatever the h*ll he wants to because the public will never hear (or see) the real evidence in the case. JMH&CPO.

12. Ilene-Sue

Ilene-Sue Member

Steve Thomas never lied. Where on heavens earth are there any lies in his book?

Steve Thomas believed what he said and wrote. Right or wrong, he believed it. If the publisher would have gone to trial, he would have won. There was no malice.

What Steve did which was a little wrong was write about some confidential information. He would have had to answer as to where this came from.

Notice who did not sue him.

Only idiots like Jameson equate settlements with winning and being right.

13. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

I agree with you both, JR and Ilene-Sue. It would be quite a feat for Steve or any other BPD'er to fabricate 3 extra voices at the end of that tape that sound like the Ramseys AND are speaking pertinent and possibly incriminating statements, to say nothing of the veiled implication of grand conspiracy. I believe they are real.

But the strategy LW is trying to employ here is to raise a serious doubt about the authenticity of the enhanced tape and shift the burden of proof to the other side. By putting this allegation out there, he thinks he's creating sufficient doubt in the minds of potential jurors and everyone else sufficient to defeat a preponderance of evidence (civil) or reasonable doubt (criminal) threshhold on this piece of evidence and thus diminish its very damaging impact. If this enhancement will ever see the light of a trial, the side offering it into evidence will have to prove its authenticity and defeat the challenge Wood has raised.There would probably be a separate hearing before trial to hash this issue out before its allowed to be admitted into evidence.

If those voices and statements are on the enhanced copy, and I believe they are, the value of that evidence goes to impeachment of the Ramseys only. It would be added to the ever mounting pile of impeaching evidence against them to create a more important doubt about their credibility and character. Unless there is a confession in those statements, that's about the only value it has.

LW has a typical egomaniac's manner of overdramatizing, which I believe is apparent in his claims that the Rs are no longer under the umbrella of suspicion and that these "settlements" are actually "wins". I guess he thinks if he keeps putting the message out there that they are innocent, "winning" all their cases, that they were set up by BPD, etc. eventually the majority of people will start believing it. At best his representation bears nothing more than nuisance value. And he is such an equally offensive personality that he is actually doing more to harm their images and potential criminal case than help IMO.

14. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

An oft repeated Ramsey behavior or selection of representation because when one looks at Jameson, Smit and Wood they are matching peas in a pod and with friends like Stine the Ramseys sure don't need enemies. Jameson, Smit and Wood have all done more harm than good when it comes to helping the Ramsey image yet the Ramseys keep letting all three of them make that umbrella just a wee bit smaller every time they open their mouths. Very curious behavior for people who seem to care so much about their "good name." JMH&CPO.

15. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Sorry DejaNu, I needed to think about what I wanted to say in regards to the rest of your post.

The more Wood opens his yap in front of the press the more I understand why he is a civil and not a criminal attorney. His ego mania would have gotten him sanctioned to the point of lockup so his trials would all get delayed. JMH&CPO Can you picture Woody in front of Justices Blackmun, Brennan, Marshall and Stevens trying to argue Ford v. Wainwright? I sure can't.

Wood needs to study up because most potential jurors are smarter today about reasonable doubt "planting," thanks to the Internet and the speed we receive information. Again, JMH&CPO.

16. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

J R

I agree with your comments re Jameson, Smit et al. They should start their own law firm, eh? The Rs certainly have very poor judgment in more than just their social selections.

Quote: "Can you picture Woody in front of Justices Blackmun, Brennan, Marshall and Stevens trying to argue Ford v. Wainwright? I sure can't."

He'd have to wake them up first, J R!

Quote: "Wood needs to study up because most potential jurors are smarter today about reasonable doubt "planting," thanks to the Internet and the speed we receive information. Again, JMH&CPO."

I agree. Wood is the dummy for assuming we the people are nothing more than bored old ladies with cats and keyboards. While some of us may be relics, the majority of posters I've had the pleasure of knowing are a helluva lot sharper than Wood. The only thing he's got over us is his propensity for abuse; it's the only motivation he's got.

17. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Re: J R

Yes, and if used anywhere else it would get him arrested.

Trust me DejaNu, Woody wouldn't know the difference. JMH&CPO.

I was trying to come up with a quick case example and that one popped into my head. I should have known you were going yank my chain. :D

18. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Hahahahahaha

Good one about the justices. Great case.

JR: "Yes, and if used anywhere else it would get him arrested."

Yeah, well, the Woodster's abuse may just bear that fruit yet. Stay tuned......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice