What if?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Spade, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Spade

Spade Member

What if Steve Thomas was telling the truth about the conversation following the 911 call? What is the fallout from that? IMO:

1. John and Patsy Ramsey LIED to the authorities from the get-go and EVERYONE from law enforcement who interviewed them (Steve Thomas, Lou Smit, Tom Haney, Mike Kane, Bruce Levin, +++++++) KNEW IT BEFORE THE INTERVIEWS in 1997, 1998, or 2000 STARTED. Aerospace Corp finished their work on the tape days before the April 1997 BPD interviews.

2. John Ramsey spoke in a harsh tone of voice to Burke: "We're NOT TALKING TO YOU". This is seconds after you reported the kidnapping of your other child and you are NOT TALKING to your son..HUH? WHY he spoke that way is an unanswerable question for John Ramsey...Why isn't it asked?

3. Mary Keenan and her office are unique in the history of the criminal justice system in that they are conspiring with the Ramsey defense lawyers to coverup the facts. Mary KNOWS the Ramsey's are liars so WHY does she continue to put up with lw's BS? or move the prosecution of the Ramsey's forward?

4. Will lw and Burke's trust have to give money back to the various media companies that they shookdown?

What if?

2. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Spade,

You bring up a very good point. Supposedly that company Aerospace, that did the exam of the tape did find the voices on the end of the original tape and there was a tiny article in one of the rag mags to that effect. I didn't get to see it but several members here did and reported it. I can't for the life of me understand why that isn't the bombshell of this case up to now. It could be that they, the aerospace company, are waiting for a trial to bring it out under oath once and for all.

Now the other side of that coin is that the aerospace company did not release any info and that article was fake. To me this seems the likely story. My reason would be that if the voices are heard and Burke is on there then they will still wait for a trial to release that info. Meanwhile there is all this speculation and posturing on both sides perhaps to let the cooking oil get hot in order to fry the guilty ones.

It just doesn't seem legit that a reputable firm trusted with such an important test in a criminal case would choose to release it's info to the rag mags. Does it to you? I think that is the main hurdle I'm up against right now. Who would want to send anything else to them to analyze in the future if they release the results to the public before the case is even brought to court.

3. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Burke's trust would not have to give money back unless it could be proved that Burke was involved in JonBenét's murder and IMH&CPO I don't believe that is going to happen.

OTH, if the Ramseys are ever arrested and convicted IMHO they will have to cough up the money paid to them and money paid for court costs and attorney fees for both sides.

Lin Wood is another story. One would have to disprove he believed the Ramseys were innocent and had not seen all the evidence. Since we really don't know what he has and hasn't seen (or heard) we are pretty much forced to presume he either truly believes the Ramseys are innocent or he is so stupid (and perhaps greedy) that he is willing to risk everything to "win."

I am not sure Wood even cares about the money so much as putting another notch on his "win" belt hence, calling press conferences to announce all these out of court settlements when no one is privy to the terms and calling them "wins." IMH&CPO the attorneys for the other side consider Wood a pesky gnat and are simply glad he has gone away. They aren't going to challenge his announcement and he knows it.

In my opinion Wood is a raging egomaniac. Lin Wood has shown us time and time again he doesn't care about anything but winning even if it means trampling on graves to do it. JMH&CPO.

4. Spade

Spade Member

lw KNEW

that Patsy, John, and Burke's voices were on the 911 tape in December 2002. (See articles in the BDC and RMN) IMO He has been lying ever since.

I recently heard about the efforts of a group of top data recovery experts that are woking on the CD of the Ramsey 911 call. The smoking gun may be pointed soon.

5. AK

AK Member

Zoomama

Both the National Enquirer and Globe did numerous detailed articles about the voices at the end of the 911 tape. Those facts are not even slightly in dispute. The stories were solidly sourced.

That shouldn't suggest that Aerospace is the source for the information, although in some cases, they did confirm it. There's not a thing wrong with that.

That lab will continue to get work because it performs a service necessary to many investigations and is the best in the world.

That said, all the voices do is show that the Ramseys lied. Their defense is that they were protecting their son. A jury will deterine how much weight that angle has.

6. Ilene-Sue

Ilene-Sue Member

I definately agree that the voices are at the end of the tape.

It would have been ridiculous for Thomas to make up a story like this.

It happened, and something is there.

Most of the public could give a hoot, and inspite of what Lin Wood thinks, most of the public still thinks the Ramseys are guilty.

His going on TV and parading this stuff with an "I told you so" attitude just makes the Ramseys seem even guiltier. Lin Wood sounds like a carnival barker selling snake oil.

just my opinion, of course, which I am entitled to express. We aren't under Taliban rule, are we?

7. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Fed Ex I agree that the defense will be the "We were protecting our son" line but Lin Wood has gone way out of bounds on this one.

It's almost like some sort of psychotic episode.

Who in the world, in their right mind, claiming to be an advocate for their clients, would go on a respected network and LIE LIE LIE?

It's like Wood can't see the freight train coming toward him.

He feels untouchable. The ego is so out of control that next he will think he is invisible.

There is one person he seems to fear. Judge Carnes.

From the very last page of the Thomas depo,
    ````````````````````````````````````````````````
    MR. WOOD: If they sign on to the provision of the protective order. Whatever the order says, we're going to do justice by the order because the last person I want to see is Julie Carnes telling me I violated her order. Life is too short. (bold mine)
    ````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I wonder how Judge Carnes will feel about Lin Wood lying to her?

We know he presented her with old evidence. Evidence even he concedes is not correct. As in the "palm print."

Spade you said, "recently heard about the efforts of a group of top data recovery experts that are working on the CD of the Ramsey 911 call. The smoking gun may be pointed soon."

OF COURSE...WHAT WAS LIN WOOD THINKING? Lord I almost feel sorry for the Ramseys. Spade this isn't a smoking gun it's a tank with a nuclear warhead.

I think Wood must have been hanging around Shapiro too long. A ton of "dumb" wore off on him.

Tricia

8. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Spade

you said that LW knew that the Ramseys heard the tape in 2002 and that it was published in 2 newspapers. OK, then how the hell could he now proclaim with that incomplete tape that there are no voices. And now that once he has how come no one is getting in his face to confront him with it.

Fedorax, Thanks for your comments. I think I'm just sitting here with my mouth open over this one point.

Ya know there is another point that has been floating around in my brain for a few days and it is this. OK the Ramseys were dropped by atty Hadon because they didn't pay their bills. Being under that umbrella of suspicion still (in spite of what LW says) they are facing or could face a trial for murder in some degree...2nd degree or manslaughter or some variety of the same. OK LW isn't a criminal atty. He cheats, he lies and then he gets them some money. True they haven't been charged yet with anything because of that thing we have already discussed before...LE wants to make sure they get em and get em good so they are waiting. But why Lin Wood? Well maybe I've answered my own question eh. Sue everybody in sight and hopefully the case will go away. Well not is this little corner of the world. We are still here and still on guard for our little girl JonBenet.

9. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Yeah I heard that too about the R's "protecting Burke" once they got caught in that particular lie--but my question is, protecting him from what? I know, I know, "the cops" but what exactly did they think the cops would do to him? Burke was several feet from the kidnapping scene and if that isn't reason enough to wake him and find out everything he knew--well I must be missing something.

10. Spade

Spade Member

Unanswerable

After the attempt to hang up the wall phone, in response to a question from a voice we can logically presume to be Burke Ramsey's, a voice we can logically presume to be John Ramsey's says in an obviously angry voice: "We're not talking to you!"

Why did John talk to Burke in an angry tone of voice? That is the unanswerable question and that is why lw is willing to do anything to keep it from being asked. What is even more interesting is that Mary Keenan's office also seems willing to do anything.IMO

11. South

South Member

Perhaps the R's better re-think the spin on this when the time comes. Perhaps a "we were so stressed we forgot" defense would be more believable.
    IMO, the attitude of John toward Burke during the whole mess IS the smoking gun. If you thought your child was kidnapped, you would keep the other child close. If a stranger had murdered your child you would be paranoid about security from that moment on.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice