Ramseys Flee Atlanta

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

The ENQUIRER has pretty informative article this week. The Ramseys have purchased a 4,000 square-foot home valued at $328,800 on July 31 in Chaarlevoix and plan to live there, according to the Enquirer.

The Ramseys have abandoned their roots in the Atlanta area, where JB is burried, and intend to live in Charlevoix full time.

"It was John and Burke who really pushed the move to Charlevoix," a source close to the family disclosed. "They wanted to leave Atlanta even though Patsy was against it. But she finally gave in. Her latest battle with cancer is over so she doesn't have to have treatment in Atlanta anymore."

Patsy is going back to having her regular checkups at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesday, Md...

After the Ramseys sold their Home in the Vinings section of Atlanta, they moved into a more modes $657,000 home in Smyrna, Ga. That home is now being sold, and the Ramseys are thinking about buying a smaller house in the Atlanta area to use when they return for visits to Patsy's two sistsers, and her dad, who recently remarried.

...They once owned a picture-perfect home on a bluff with a fabulous lakefront view (in Charlevoix). That's long gone, along with the boats and plane, and friends believe the Ramseys are feeling a big financial pinch.

Friends wonder if Patsy will be happy in the small lakeside town, which has severe winters.

The last time Patsy wasn't happy about going to Charlevoix, her daughter ended up in her basement, dead.

Patsy's dad has remarried. That's news, I guess.

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Kinda cold up there, ain't it?

3. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

oh wwaaahhh

So they are feeling a financial pinch huh? They sold a house for over 600,000 dollars. That is no pinch. Not even near. If they were in a pinch they wouldn't be buying another "small" house in Atlanta for when they go visiting.

4. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Wow.............I just don't know if I could leave my childs resting place. Kinda feels like they are abandoning her.

Of course they'll come back to visit the sisters........I just hope they manage to visit JB while there. :-(

5. Ilene-Sue

Ilene-Sue Member

This is very odd. There is more to this than meets the eye, says me.

Don't know what, but one does not uproot a teenager, move away from their family and beloved attorney for nothing. No job in Michigan either. But maybe Patsy can get more wear out of her beaver boots.

6. BobC

My house is far trashier than any house miss Patsy has ever lived in--or ever will! Well maybe back in West Virginia!

7. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Hey Bob..........mine had a couch...... outside........beside the 2 junked cars.........top that one.

8. zapata

zapata Senior Member

I would love to be in that financial pinch!

I certainly would love to be in that financial pinch if they call that a financial pinch.

So, what kind of person would marry Don Paugh? In my opinion the man is very repulsive. I find it very strange that we have not heard from Don Paugh since the murder of JonBenet. He, in my opinion has been very quiet, almost too quiet. I just can't understand why every thing was daddy this and daddy that until JonBenet was carried up from the basement stiff as a board.

Patsy did not hesitate to call daddy dearest when John was loosing his basement business to bail them out of their financial mirk they had created.

Don to the rescue according to Patsy in their disgraceful book.

Let's look at John and the big success he was in the business world. Didn't sisty Pam say on LKL that everything John Ramsey touched turned to gold? Let's look at that statement and see if we believe her words.

John went to work, according to his own words in DOI for AT&T. John wrote that after a year that he and AT&T agreed that he was not managerial material. So John was out of work.

Somewhere over the years John worked for a company that he tried to use his expense account with that company to expense off the repairs to his porche, the same porche he had when he met Patsy. He also used in his expense account, expenses for his airplane.

Then John starts his little basement business. It begins to fail, Patsy calls Papa Paugh. He bails them out financially, then he goes to work with John to help make his little basement business a success. The business is failing again, so Don Paugh sends John to Las Vegas where he meets up with the guy that owns cad. They both have businesses that are failing, so they merge. According to Georgia corporation records, John's Advanced Graphics did not merge out until 1993. Didn't the Ramsey's write in DOI that they moved to Boulder in 1992? I think all these business needs more research done on them.

Then Cad and Advanced Grapics (Advanced something, Graphics might not have been the correct name of John's Co.) are failing so Don Paugh sent John and Patsy to Boulder to meet with the guy that owned the company in Boulder that was having a hard time financially. The three companies merge. Access Graphics is born.

Access was in trouble almost from it's birth. They had to put up 25% of their stock on a loan from Lockheed in order to stay afloat. Access defaults on the loan, Lockheed forcloses on the loan. Lockheed becomes 25% owner of Access Graphics at that time.

Not long after Access is going under again. They borrow something like 15-million from Lockheed, putting up the balance of their stock of Access as collateral for the loan from Lockheed Access defaults on the 15-million dollar loan from Lockheed. Lockheed forecloses on the note, thus they become 100% owners of Access Graphics. I believe that to be the last of 93. It doesn't take John long to take a company down.

Then John writes in DOI toward the last part of the "Back to Work" chapter, "that he and Patsy had discussed him leaving the company in May of 97." I do believe John told the truth there. Maybe for the first time in his life. I do believe John would be leaving the company in 97, but I don't believe it was his choice to leave.

I have talked to one person who claims that they have talked to several former employees of Acess Graphics, and supposedly the former employees told this person that it was common knowledge that John would not be working for Access Graphics in 1997.

I believe if this is true, that John would not have a job in 97, and I do believe it to be the truth, that that too was weighing on Patsy's mind when she lost it on Dec. 25th, 1996. Can you imagine the proud Ramseys having to tell their friends that John was unemployed? I don't believe that to be the reason that JonBenet was murdered, I believe it was just one more piece of resentment that Patsy was feeling for John on that fateful night. I believe that John was so repulsed by Patsy's cancer that that is the reason she moved into the bedroom with JohnBenet, not because she would be nearer a bathroom.

When a man truly loves a woman, he is not repulsed by her illness, his heart only grows fonder. John's every action during Patsy's first bot of cancer was one of repulsion for her and her disease. I believe that Patsy finally let her resentment reach a feverish pitch on the night of December 25th, 1996. I believe that poor little JonBenet just happened to be in the wrong place when that rage was unleased that night. When the rage had ceased, then the cover-up began. My friends, to me that is called loving self more than loving your own child, more than automatically, as any normal mother would do, when she saw what she had unleached that mother would have automatically picked up the phone and called 911. That did not happen in this case. The mother, being so self conscience of what the world would think of her chose to self-preserve.

This is not all I wanted to say, but I am very tired tonight. I will "unleash" my theory on all of you at a later date.

The above is my opinion and my belief, nothing more. My opionion cannot be copied anywhere else except to the forums for justice boards.

9. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I don't know what

to make from all of this. First we have jameson quitting the Ramsey case, because she is not in a "comfortable" place, and Lin Wood hasn't been heard from since he uttered those infamous words about the BPD lying about the 911 tape. Now we have the Ramseys moving, or already moved, I think, to Michigan.

What up with the buying a little house in Atlanta to visit the sisters? That's just crazy. VP already mentioned it - why not get a hotel room or even stay with one of the sisters when they want to visit them? If I decide I want to go visit Tricia, I'm sure not going to buy a little house in Utah for that purpose.

Also, isn't Michigan a good distance away from Lin Wood? Does this make sense? Are they going to burn up the phone lines, or are they going to hop on a plane every time they need to talk to their civil lawyer? Or, have they fired Wood?

One normally does not leave a place that has been his home for years if they are happy, comfortable (there's that word, again) and content there. Therefore, the obvious conclusion is that the Ramseys were no longer comfortable and content in Atlanta. Could it be that they were shunned by much of the populace of Atlanta? Unlike northerners who migrate to the warm breezes of the south for the winter, most southerners don't migrate to a very cold winter climate if they don't have to.

Downgrading from their million-dollar mansions to their $600,000 + home to a $350,000+ home is probably a huge sacrifice to them. They keep this up, they'll be living like most of the rest of the population in this country lives - modestly, if they are really lucky.

Maybe Limpwood got a little too greedy and started sending them bills for his PR. Maybe they don't want to spend any more money on attorneys. I don't consider anyone who can afford a $350,000 home and airline trips on a whim to be in dire straits financially.

Poor little JonBenet, six feet under in the cold, dark ground. The Ramseys really were rich when they had her. No amount of money will ever bring her back. Their money will never make them happy. Karma will take care of everything.

10. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

It's always something!

Well isn't this something. Very curious indeed all of it. And I wonder what happened to that other bit of news back a few weeks ago when there was speculation about New Mexico property. Was that just a smoke screen? or maybe not even true.

11. Ayeka

Ayeka Member

WTF

Wow, this is all very weirdsville...

Ayeka

12. Aurora

Aurora Member

Instead of Charlevoix the Beautiful.... It should be.... Charlevoix the haven for murders!

As I reported once or twice before ..... Ramsey's feel comfortable in Charlevoix. They have friends that support them...that believe they are innocent. They can walk the streets without much fear of reproach. John Ramsey can feel like a big shot ...hanging out at the Country Club.

It doesn't matter where they go..... You can't run/ hide from your conscience. Memories of good times in Charlevoix when JonBenet was alive....will haunt them!

Traverse City isn't all that far from Charlevoix..... too close for me. *LOL*

I did hear that Charlevoix is actually getting a Super Walmart. Patsy can blend in with the locals althou that little tiny town is nothing like Atlanta...it does have rich people that spend summers there with their yachts.

13. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

You reckon Mark Beckner I mean Susan Stine will follow this time around...?

14. Ilene-Sue

Ilene-Sue Member

I have a question. All these HUGE lawsuits that the Ramseys "won"? (settled) Where are all those millions? Are they ALL in a trust fund for Burke? Or were they really settled for chump change?

Just wondering...because we always heard from Jams how the Ramseys "WON" another lawsuit and got so much money, blah,blah,blah.

15. BobC

My guess would be chump change. But chump change I would be quite happy to have in my own anemic bank account.

16. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Good question Illene-Sue........ the lawsuit against Steve Thomas wasn't on Burkes behalf so that would not be in trust.

Must have not been a windfall for them after all. Did Jams tell a big one...? who'd of thunk it.

17. Ilene-Sue

Ilene-Sue Member

What, Jams tell a little fib? NEVER!

18. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Watching You posted,

"If I decide I want to go visit Tricia, I'm sure not going to buy a little house in Utah for that purpose."

HUH???

Whaddya mean you wouldn't buy a house to come and visit me...Jeesh. :winkaway:

Someone brought this up...What about New Mexico? Remember the judge was it? The guy who said he received permission from John to talk about their possible move to New Mexico.

Whoever said the word "smokescreen" could be right.

If the "New Mexico" story was designed to be a distraction from the real story then think about this.

The Ramsey still think they need to hide their every move. Planting false stories so all the big media meanies won't hound them.
    Pluuuueeezzze.....

Perhaps Atlanta was getting a bit too "hot" for them.

The Ramseys like small towns. Small towns have small things. Like a very small number of police and D.A. investigators.

19. AK

AK Member

Interesting article

Took me by surprise. Maybe they finally realized their Smyrna home had no basement.

I was intrigued by the Los Cruces angle since they had associates there who tried some dirty deeds but didn't get away with 'em. That's all I'm gonna say...

Poor Nedra, alone in that double-wide cemetery plot that had Don's info carved into the headstone, sans his "end date." Now who's gonna fill that space? Pam?

20. BobC

I think something's up, guys.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice