A Tragic Anniversary - Polly Klaas

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Feel free to take this information to other forums

On October 1st 1993 Polly Klaas came in contact with a real monster. It’s the monster we all fear. The monster that will come in the night and steal our children.

After what happened to Polly Klaas I am certain you and I have wondered, “How do her parents go on?†I still don’t have the answer to that but they do.

They have taken their horrible tragedy and have worked endlessly to help others so that they may never have to experience what happened to Polly.

We all have seen Marc Klaas. He is a powerful and sincere advocate for our children. Mr. Klaas has done so many wonderful things for us since the death of Polly I can’t list them all here. I invite you to look around two organizations he runs.

KlaasKids and Beyond Missing.

When Polly was kidnapped the Klaas family had to start from scratch. The printing costs alone were astronomical. Beyond Missing helps families with missing loved ones. When you go to www.beyondmissing.com you will see how it works. It’s amazing. In the awful event that you need to get the word out about a missing loved one you only have to log into Beyond Missing and see the work is done for you. Mark Klaas took his experience and turned it into an invaluable tool for all of us. From the Beyond Missing mission statement:

“To aid in the recovery of abducted and missing children by providing high speed, cost effective communication tools to law enforcement and the communities they serve.

Our only priority is missing children.â€

The KlaasKids Foundation was formed in 1994. Marc Klaas works tirelessly on issues affecting our children through KlaasKids. Log on to www.klaaskids.org and read about the many issues Mr. Klaas works on. One of them being the “Amber Alert System†which Mr. Klaas deserves so much credit for.

Eve Nichol (Polly’s mom) is involved in the The Polly Klaas Foundation The foundation works incredibly hard to offer services to help insure the safety of our children. All you need do is log on and you will see the varied areas the Polly Klaas Foundation is involved in.

www.pollyklaas.org

Polly’s parents have taken their own personal tragedy and turned it around to help us. On this nightmare of an anniversary I would encourage all of you to take time to thank Polly's parents and let them know we are thinking of them.

You can do it with an email or snail mail.

To contact Polly’s dad Marc Klaas write:

KlaasKids Foundation
    P.O. Box 925
    Sausalito, CA 94966

Email: klaaskids@pacbell.net Or info@beyondmissing.com
    ``````````````````````````````````````````````
    To contact Polly’s mom Eve write:

THE POLLY KLAAS® FOUNDATION
    P.O. BOX 800
    PETALUMA, CA 94953

Email: pklaasfdtn@aol.com

Please take a moment to send your thoughts and thanks to Mark Klaas and Eva Nichol.

In our hearts forever.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2003
  2. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Such a contrast....... I really admire people like the Klass's and Walshs. To take such a horrible event and in turn help so many other people is just the most selfless thing I can think of. Thank God for people like them.

3. ravens_tears

ravens_tears Member

Forever in memory :rose: Our thoughts and prayers are with them

4. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

There can be no greater pain

no greater sorrow than losing a child. To have a child taken so senselessly at the whim of another human being is doubly tragic.

It's only through the efforts of people like Polly Klaas's and Adam Walsh's mothers and fathers that the rest of us are educated to what dangers lurk out there and about the monsters who stand ready, willing, and able to steal our children, rape, sodomize, torture and murder them. Through their grief and their rage, they have grown and reached out to other parents whose children are missing.

I can't say enough good about Marc Klaas. I'm sure there is not a day that goes by that he wouldn't rather be back at his old job happily looking forward to seeing his Polly again. His life changed forever the day that evil bastard took Polly. If it's true he's difficult to deal with sometimes, consider where he's been and what he's had to endure. It must have been hell for him to sit in that courtroom and hold himself back from exacting punishment on his little girl's killer. We teach self-control and non-aggression in these situations - let the legal system take care of it. How hard that must have been for Marc Klaas who had to stand still as his daughter's killer accused him - in court - of molesting his little girl. Angry? You betcha. Why wouldn't he be angry?

Time doesn't heal all wounds - it may dull the greatest pain, but it's always there, ready to split the fragile walls that guard it and spill out all its agony. I can only guess, but I would guess that's where Marc Klaas is every minute of every day - his pain barely contained, his only outlet in getting involved in helping to locate other missing kids and giving his learned advice to parents and officials.

That takes a lot of strength and moral fiber. I very much admire Marc Klaas. Sometimes what people take as bad temper may be no more than unmitigated and unending pain and grief. If one of the little members of my family ever comes up missing, I want Marc Klaas on my side.

5. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

My Sincere Good Wishes....

To the Klaas family as Marc, Nicol and the children celebrate the life and memory of their precious daughter, Polly....

The loss of Polly in their lives must be a constant hurt and longing, but on this day, I know they must be celebrating the joy and the beauty that Polly brought to them during her short life.....no one can ever take those memories from them....

So on this day of celebration, may they be comforted with the knowledge that Polly is waiting for them in God's arms, and may they be comforted with the knowledge that they have done and are doing everything that they can to see that the perpetrator of Polly's murder and all of those like him are brought to justice....

With great admiration, wishing the Klaas family peace and comfort....
    Voyager

6. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Ten years today

The Monster of the story was, in fact, the Intruder.

The Victim was a young lady in waiting, a natural beauty that was blessed with a loving family that honestly and actively sought retribution for their extreme loss.

The loving family has continued to enhance her legacy - not tarnish or overshine her memory with actions unbecoming of The Bereaved.

I applaud Polly's family for the way they have gone on with their lives........by protecting other innocent and pure babies by alerting the public of the Monsters that walk amongst us.

:rose:
    RiverRat

7. Little

Little Member

beautiful tribute

What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful little girl. Mark still gets tears in his eyes when he speaks of his child, and there is a deep anger within him when he speaks of the piece of slime that stole her from him.

What a testament of their love for their child to start the KlaasKids Foundation and their sincere desire to help others.

Little

8. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

My thoughts and prayers have been with each member of Polly's family today.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice