1. Spade

Spade Member

To my recollection, the Ramsey case is completely unique in the amount of cooperation between the prosecution and defense. From the handwriting samples taken in Hofstroms house, the DA's refusal to issue a warrent for the phone records, Hal Haddon's alleged threats to Dave Thomas, Roxanne Balin's relationship with Pat Furman prior to taking over the Grand jury from Bellapani, Alex Hunter's affidavit re: Burke, and finally proof that the DA's office (or maybe in a very long-shot the BPD) tried to erase part of the 911 call tape; there is no precedent or logical explanation for the behavior on either side.

Several years ago, I told a LE friend that I suspected the Ramsey attorneys and the Boulder DA's office had communicated about JonBenet's death PRIOR to the time that John Ramsey and Fleet White "discovered" her lifeless body. My friend's response was: "You have just opened Door #3".

I would like to hear everyone's ideas about what they think is behind Door #3.

2. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Spade,

Now let me get this straight. You want someone to speculate what atty Hal Haddon or assoc said to Alex Hunter or assoc before 1PM on Dec 26th. Is that what you are asking? Uh how could either of them know anything. Oh wait a minute...you are speculating that good old John R had already called Haddon who called the DA and so forth and so on. Is that what you are asking? hmmmmmm.. tick tock. I'll have to think about that one for a few minutes. Yikes!

That makes my skin crawl just to imagine what was cooked up from the get go. Could it be that the accident idea came up but JR wanted it to be not their fault, either of them. Someone got carried away with the discipline and since JR didn't do any of the child care or house routine that would make it Patsy.

And hence it took on a life of it's own and that's what is behind door #3. Oh mercy me!

That would help to explain why no phone records were supboened wouldn't it. That has always puzzled me. But of course many phone calls to others before the one to 911. Can those records still be gotten? or have they disappeared by now

3. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Spade behind door number 3 is a Pandora's box so big that no one wants to go there...except us of course.

Just for the sake of this discussion let's say there is concrete proof that the DA's office, Hal Haddon's office and the Ramseys all communicated before JonBenet's body was found. Remember this is only a scenario for right now.

I am sitting here asking myself the following.

What would compel all involved to cooperate with a cover up?

Is it because it was a horrible accident and big time favors were called in not knowing that it would spiral out of control and become a case followed by the world?

Could someone in the DA's office, knowing the facts early on Dec. 26th, come to the conclusion that no one would benefit by knowing the truth and therefore agreed to cover it up so everyone's life wouldn't be ruined by an accident?

Why would the DA's office not want anyone to know that Burke is on the 911 tape?

4. Spade

Spade Member

Mike Bynum

Mike Bynum was the last guy in CU football history(1968) to go both ways. IMO Mike Bynum was the first person outside of John, Patsy, and Burke Ramsey to hear about JonBenet's death. In other words Mike is the 1st person you will meet when you open Door #3.

5. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Well, Spade, I'd have to put this one on the attorneys involved. Bynum contacted Haddon (we know that for certain) and Haddon had many personal and professional ties to AH (we also know that for certain). I would be surprised if the Rs had any firsthand direct dealing with AH's office before finding the body. I put that squarely on Haddon to start the string pulling from square one. I can almost hear Bynum telling JR, "Don't worry, I'll handle this." Then direction to just go look innocent for the cops. I wouldn't even be surprised if Haddon didn't pull a few strings or call in favors to get the FBI to back off. Perhaps that's why Bynum's office didn't handle the criminal stuff and lateralled it off to Haddon, cuz Haddon had the connections to make it go away that Bynum didn't. I believe the Rs had many "off the record" conversations thereafter, however. If this conjecture is anywhere near accurate, it wouldn't matter WHY a DA would want Burke's voice erased or exhonerate murderous parents. It's good ole boy favors, and quite possibly this kind of backdoor dealing has gone on for a long time in Boulder and they've gotten away with it. That could very well explain the horrendous effort made by the DA's office, even now under Keenan, to get us to shut up and go away and bury this case. That's my best guess in answer to your question.

6. Spade

Spade Member

Bryan Morgan

John & Patsy Ramsey, Mike Bynum, Brian Morgan (Hal Haddon's partner), and Peter Hofstrom assistant Boulder DA who was in charge of the office on the AM of 12/26/96) all attend the Rev Holverstock's (?sp) Episcopal church. So I think the calls went form Ramsey to Bynum to Morgan to Hofstrom. Just my opinion tho. It is interesting to re-read the sections of Steve Thomas' book that talk about how the Boulder DA dealt with the BPD on December 26-30, 1996 and even more interesting where they dealt from.

7. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Door #3 is full of fingerprints.

There has been full-time help since the get-go to keep the door wiped clean.

8. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Haddon is such a sleaze!

Did y'all read about Haddon's lackey, Pam Mackey, at the Bryant hearing yesterday? She mentioned the rape victim's name no less than SIX times during the hearing, prompting the judge to call everyone into chambers, and threaten Mackey with a muzzle.

Despicable! She also threw mud at the victim saying her injuries could have been caused by having sex with 3 men in 3 days?!?

What a foul woman. This is Haddon's doing--this is how he "defends" his clients. Trash-talking and dirty tricks.

There are no depths too low for Haddon & Co. to go. I believe he went lower than ever defending the Ramseys. The corruption in Boulder (and all of Colorado) is incomprehensible.

9. Spade

Spade Member

Lurker

It would be a good time to re-read Fleet and Priscilla White's letter to the judge in Eagle that warned him about Haddon. You might also re-read Fleet and Priscilla's affidavits in the Dave Thomas deal.

Dispite the attempts to demean the White's letters by Darnay's ex-pro-bono-para-legal they have been proven to be right on.

Payback is a M*****F***** and Haddon/Mackey and their client are in line for bundle. Rapists are the recipients of instant karma in prison, so Kobe can look forward to being bent over a chair in the near future.

10. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Thanks to Candy for posting this at CS

Here is Fleet White's affidavit Spade is talking about.

AFFIDAVIT OF FLEET RUSSELL WHITE, JR.

The undersigned hereby sweard and affirms as follows:

1. My name is Fleet Russell White, Jr.
    2. I reside at (address redacted)
    3. On September 19, 2000, I met with Jefferson County Deputy District Attorney Dennis Hall. At that meeting, Mr. Hall stated that David Kendall, a lawyer with the Washington, D.C. office of the Williams & Connolly law firm had visited Mr. Hall and Jefferson District Attorney David Thomas earlier that year and had attempted to persuade Mr. Hall and Mr. Thomas to dismiss the indictment of Mr. Craig A. Lewis, an employee of the Globe, a supermarket tabloid. Also at the meeting, Mr. Hall indicated that the ultimate objective of the Lewis prosecution was to bring criminal charges against Globe executives who shared responsibility for the illegal actions of Mr. Lewis.
    4. On September 29, 2000, I met with Mr. Bob Brown, an investigator for the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. Also present at the meeting was my wife, Priscilla Brown White. At that meeting, Mr. Brown stated that Mr. Kendall had visited the Jefferson County District Attorney in June 2000 for the purpose of persuading the District Attorney to dismiss the indictment of Mr. Lewis.
    5. On September 17, 2001 I attended a meeting at the Jefferson County District Attorney’s office. The people present at the meeting were my wife, Priscilla Brown White, Denver lawyer Craig R. Truman, Jefferson County District Attorney David Thomas; and Jefferson County Deputy District Attorney Charles Tingle. The meeting was held in a conference room at the Jefferson County District Attorney’s office. At that meeting, the 1999 indictments of Thomas C. Miller and Craig A. Lewis by the Jefferson County grand jury were discussed by those present. During the course of that discussion, I recall asking Mr. Thomas why, in November 2000, his office chose to dismiss charges against Mr. Lewis in consideration of a $100,000 payment by Globe International to the University of Colorado School of Journalism and Mass Communication. I recall Mr. Thomas stating that the decision to dismiss the charges against Mr. Lewis was made in order to avoid a lengthy and expensive prosecution. I also recall him describing a meeting with lawyers representing Mr. Lewis and including “Bill Clinton’s attorney†who I assumed to be Mr. Kendall.
    I clearly recall Mr. Thomas stating that one of the lawyers present at that meeting attempted to persuade him to dismiss the indictment of Mr. Lewis by threatening Mr. Thomas with reprisals

Affidavit of Fleet Russell White, Jr.
    Page Two

Having to do with Mr. Thomas’ career and work that Mr. Thomas might seek in the future.
    Further the Affiant sayeth not.
    Date: October 22, 2002

Fleet Russell White, Jr.

SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN to before me by Fleet Russell White, Jr. this 22nd day of October 2002

WITNESS MY HAND AND OFFICIAL SEAL

````````````````````````````````````````````````
    The following information is taken from public records, transcripts and sources.

Hal Haddon and David Kendall are personal friends through their association with Bill and Hillary Clinton and the Whitewater land deal.

Kendall works for one of the most powerful law firms in the nation (Williams and Connolly) and is considered on of the most powerful lawyers in America.

In this "Commercial Bribery" case Haddon represents the Ramseys and Kendall represents Globe's Craig Lewis.

This Commercial Bribery case was brought to the Jefferson County District Attorney's attention by Hal Haddon.

Hal Haddon and David Kendall meet with Jefferson County District Attorney Dave Thomas. In this meeting D.A. Thomas indicated he really didn't want to go forth with the prosecution of the Globe's Craig Lewis or Tom Miller.

From this meeting came the bizarre decision to accept a 100 thousand donation to the Colorado School of Journalism in exchange not prosecute Craig Lewis but to prosecute Tom Miller.

The threat from Haddon to Thomas was, " You'll never work in this state again if you don't go along with the deal and prosecute Miller."

Fast forward to the meeting with Fleet and Priscilla White and Prosecutor Thomas. Read Fleet's affidavit. Here is what White said in his affidavit about the threat.

"I clearly recall Mr. Thomas stating that one of the lawyers present at that meeting attempted to persuade him to dismiss the indictment of Mr. Lewis by threatening Mr. Thomas with reprisals having to do with Mr. Thomas’ career and work that Mr. Thomas might seek in the future."

I think what D.A. Thomas told Fleet White easily translates into, "You'll never work in this state again."

Who did something about this threat?

Not Kendall although I understand Kendall was appalled by Haddon's behavior.

Not Dave Thomas. No Thomas just laid down like a good lap dog. Said he didn't even understand why the White's contacted him about this matter.

The only two people on this planet who tried to get the courts to hear and understand that a public official was threatened and action was taken by the official because of the threat were Fleet and Priscilla White.

That's why FW wrote the letter, the "Legal Junk Mail," to the judge in the Bryant case. To warn the judge about Haddon's tricks. His lack of fear of reprisal for his actions.

Now let's go back to this case.

Just who was the Ramsey's attorney?

Mike Bynum hired Haddon for the Ramseys on Dec. 26th.

The intimidation of FW by the Ramsey lawyers began 3 and 3/4 hours after the body was "discovered."

Door Number 3... Let's get it all the way open shall we?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2003
  11. Spade

Spade Member

Great

Information!!!!! Everyone who is still interested in finding justice for JonBenet Ramsey should read your post and print it out. For IMO when you understand how this tragedy has been lawyered; you will understand how this tragedy HAD to have occurred.

12. Spade

Spade Member

Call #1

All of this is speculation, I have no solid information that proves or disproves this hypotheses. However, if I were writing a script, I would probably start the dialogue of Call #1 something like this:

John: Sorry to be calling you at this hour but we have had a tragic accident.

Mike: That's OK What happened?

John: JonBenet is dead.

Mike: How did she die?

John: It was an accident.

13. zapata

zapata Senior Member

Could it be

If John called Bynum before JonBenet's body was found could it have been between the time John disappeared into the basement around 11:00 a.m.? Steve wrote in his book that Stuart Long, Melinda's fiance, told him that John told Stewart (sp) that he had found JonBenet's body around 11:00 a.m. Remember there were cell phones being used, and when Steve finally got the Ramsey's cell phone records there were no calls listed for the month of December 96. That was unusual since every month prior there were many cell phone calls made.

If I am not mistaken Ardnt also used John's cell phone to call to report she had a dead little girl at the house.

zapata

14. Spade

Spade Member

Zapata

In Linda Arndt's deposition from the case when she sued the BPD, she talks about her request of John Ramsey and John Fernie to use their cell phones to make outgoing calls. This was done to keep the home line open for the "kidnapper" to call.

I have heard the same thing: that by the time the Ramsey's signed a release for the cell phone records in December of 1998 John's records had been wiped clean. Any proof of that is guarded by the grand jury secrecy laws. Please don't believe that anything Darnay may or may not do for LHP's suit will effect that seal in any way.

Arndt used her own phone to report that the "kidnapper" had left a ransom note but forgot the collateral (JonBenet), to paraphrase Tom Haney.

15. Twitch

Twitch Active Member

Does this mean

that John probably had nothing to do with the death or molestation? If he did, I don't think he could have enough money or political clout to buy out of that kind of trouble. On the other hand, if Burke was involved, he would not be prosecuted anyway, or if Patsy was the culprit but it was a horrible accident, then maybe...but what about the molestation? Nothing adds up to me.

16. Spade

Spade Member

Twitch

I agree with you that John had nothing to do with JonBenet's death or with her prior molestation and that he wouldn't have enough money or clout to buy his way out of that kind of trouble.

I also agree that if Burke was involved, that he was 3 weeks shy of being held criminally culpable for any act. The question is: Did John and Patsy know about Burke's "exemption" prior to beginning the cover-up crime spree?

A few days before JonBenet's death, Grampa Paugh bought Patsy a book: "Why Johnny can't tell right from wrong". As Linda Arndt said in her deposition, "The dynamic of incest effected EVERYONE in that family."

17. purr

purr Active Member

Huh??? Spade?

please explain more about the last paragraph in
    your last post......about the incest???

who was doing whom?
    i hate to put it that bluntly......but i have heard so many theories.

what do you think spade?

i have always thought this case was more than
    patsy accidentally killing JonBenet......

but something deeper......something very taboo.....
    thus all the secrets.

i still think someday..that burke will spill the beans
    and we will know all......THE TRUTH!

purring this late night......hope you are purring too,
    purr

p.s. your prayers are working wonders.
    one of my sis's who had disowned me because
    i am living at mom's........was coming into
    the chicago area with her daughter for here daughter's
    dance competition....she actually invited me to attend...
    and i went......so thanks for that small miracle..
    of mending a family relationship.

you guys are the greatest!

prayers for all of you too!
    i do believe prayers work....
    in God's time and in God's way......
    but they do work!

flying angels (fairies) for you all........purr

18. Ginja

Ginja Member

Behind Door #3...

...is Mike Bynum.

JonBenet showed no signs of struggle. The ligature around her neck went around in a straight line with hardly any deviation except at the back where it was tightened. That's what killed her and it was no accident.

It's the part of the crime that's being covered up and why it didn't just "end" by putting the blame on Burke. Otherwise, the conspirators would have been able to openly state it was an accident involving juveniles and unprosecutable.

Perhaps that's how Bynum pulled Haddon in, and probably Hofstrom. By the time it was realized, the conspiracy was too involved. I agree with the poster who said these guys all probably thought this was going to be a quick fix. They're way in over their heads now -- and that explains why they'd go to such ends as tampering/destroying evidence.

19. Thor

Thor Active Member

Yes Spade, what do you think happened? Well....I will probably be in the minority, but I truly think Burke had something to do with this. I'm not saying I thing he was involved in the note writing, all the staging, etc. I just think there has been enough distancing from Burke that has my hinky meter up there. I have thought that from the beginning and have come full circle that he was involved and that Patsy & John covered for some reason. The only thing I can't figure out is why did they continue to pursue John & Patsy in August of 2000 in Georgia if this was the case. I don't know, but I can't help but think either John Andrew or Burke were involved in incest. Just my opinion.

20. Spade

Spade Member

Incest

The evidence available to the public clearly establishs that JonBenet Ramsey was sexually abused PRIOR to the night of her death. In many ways, this is the most compelling evidence that points to a family member as the person who caused her death.

As Twitch points out in an earlier post, if John Ramsey was the perp (as far as the prior abuse), he did not have enough money or clout to get out this kind of trouble. IMO the same can be said for any adult who may have sexually abused JonBenet.

Yet, as Linda Arndt points out in her deposition, the dynamic of incest effected EVERYONE in the Ramsey family. Behind Door #3, is evidence of a cover-up that is unprecedented in the history of the American system of justice. IMO it was handled this way "in the best interests of the child" but the child sure wasn't JonBenet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice