I lied about the 911 tape. Now the truth

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

My apologies to all of the members and guests of Forums for Justice.

I lied about the 911 tape.

When I received my copy of the Ramsey 911 tape I was so excited. I went to the post office and picked it up. I was in my car and wasn’t able to get to my computer for several hours. Still I couldn’t contain myself. I called Moab and had her post word for word the letter I received from the Boulder DA’s office.

I couldn’t wait to get home, listen to it, and post it.

I listened in my car and thought I heard something weird at the end of the tape.

I got in late. Too late to be able to crank up my home studio equipment and listen to it.

The next morning I cranked it up and without question, at the end I heard, “Help me Jesus†3 times. I about came out of my chair.

I started to upload it but for some reason I stopped. I made a phone call or two. I can’t go into what transpired but I found out others were doing what needed to be done to enhance this tape.

Rather than give Lin Wood a heads up as to what I heard on the tape I felt I had to lie.

Here is what I said on an older 911 thread.

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3475&perpage=12&pagenumber=1

Like I said I have to be honest. Typing. That's all I hear. I would bet you anything even if I could convert it that is all I would be able to hear since it's not a clean copy.

Oh well...we tried.

Believe me I didn’t do this lightly. In fact I felt awful. I hope you understand that at the time it would have been a big mistake to give Team Ramsey the heads up as to what I heard on the tape.

I know others have the tape as well. They heard it too and have kept silent for the good of the cause. The cause being finding out the truth.

Please accept my apologies. I ask for your forgiveness as well.

Click on this link. This is the CD that I have loaded onto my computer of the 911 call. Crank it up loudly. Listen to Patsy’s hyperventilation. Then after the operator says “Patsy†for the fourth time listen carefully. You will hear the hyperventilating Patsy say, “Help me Jesus, help me Jesus, help me Jesus.â€

Right click with mouse on link and select "save target as" and then download the file to your hard drive to listen to the file.

http://www.jonbenetramsey.org/patsy911-FFJ.mp3

The file size is 2.18 mb and that the file was run through Norton Anti Virus 2003 before uploading so the file is safe for downloading. :)

You can try the file below if you can't get the 911 call to work on the link above.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2003
  2. Tricia

Now that you have listened to the tape read Spade's post again from the latest 911 thread.

Also don't forget to read Spade's "Door Number 3" thread.

Spade

911 update
    One of the labs working on the CD of the 911 call distributed by Mary Keenan's office confirms that the attempt to erase the post hang-up conversations on audio tape was done PRIOR to the CD being made from that tape. The erasure try was actually quite amateurish using a magnet. They missed "Help me Jesus! Help me Jesus! and "What did.........." completely and the remainder is absolutely recoverable.

Part of the process that labs are using is called q notch technology. Look it up on GOOGLE.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

October 9, 2003, 6:04 pm Thu Oct 9 18:04:30 EDT 2003

3. Tricia

Ok some people are having trouble with the link I posted.
    You do need a real audio player to listen to the link above.

Try this link. This will be easier.
    Right click with mouse on link and select "save target as" and then download the file to your hard drive to listen to the file.

http://www.jonbenetramsey.org/patsy911-FFJ.mp3

The file size is 2.18 mb and that the file was run through Norton Anti Virus 2003 before uploading so the file is safe for downloading. :)

4. Vic

Vic Active Member

holy crap!

I heard it. It sounded more like a help me Jeezus to pull this off or help me Jeezus don't let John find out it was me....tone of voice.

It's the next minute or so of that tape we really want to hear.

Help me out here, guys... Anybody remember this?

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/for...hlight=jameson patsy ramsey call&pagenumber=2

Scroll down to my post.

Did anyone happen to go read it or better yet, grab it?

Tricia, ya did good.

Edited again to find what I was looking for.
    So, is it true? Who to believe....

jameson
    Charter Member
    12701 posts Jul-24-03, 04:34 PM (EST)

3. "RE: NE story"
    In response to message #2

The cassette tape is the most important tape - and it is clear - - Patsy hung up - - there was no problem with the phone. No "conversation" on that tape after the hang up.
    I remember being told by a reporter that LE told him there were TWO conversations with the 911 operator and that between the two calls the phone had not been hung up.

Fact is, I was told that Patsy had made the call we heard on the tape - - that she intended to hang up and didn't - - and that she then went to make another call and found she was still on the line with the 911 operator. That there was a second conversation - with the 911 operator.

THAT was the rather "official" LE story way back when!
    So where is all that? I will tell you - - it was all a lie from the start.

The BPD was out to put this crime on the parents and they were more than willing to leak LIES to put pressure on the parents. Who knows, maybe the guilty parents would start to explain the "conversation"!

True story.... one time my spouse and I were in the car with our teenager and out of the blue my spouse asked the kid... "Well, are you going to explain what happened or am I going to have to fill in the details for myself?" I was shocked - - what was he talking about? I had no idea! But I was even more shocked when the teenager started frantically explaining why he had broken a rule and... you don't need to know the details, but know that a very simple "fishing expedition" can sometimes get amazing results.

So the BPD put out that there was some "overheard" conversation - - and they waited to see what results they might get.

What they got was Patsy telling them she didn't remember any conversation, that if they played the tape she would try to help them.

Simple enough, maybe. But the BORG turned that grain of sand into a BORG monster. And the cops loved it.

Just not right.

5. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Um ...got a dollar?

.... I think I"m gonna have to come back to this tonight when I can comprehend all this without kids interrupting me.

6. Thor

Thor Active Member

Tricia, no need to apologize. I understand completely why you didn't reveal this before.

Now, I'm gonna try & listen to this myself.

7. WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf Member

Vic

That post of Jameson's that you reposted sure tells a lot now that we know what Tricia knew. Jameson kept pounding how it was the CASSETTE TAPE that we should be listening to. She had to know there was more on the CD once she listened to it.

Tricia, you did good!

8. Thor

Thor Active Member

Holy crap is right! Thank you Tricia! Finally, after 7 years...Now I wanna hear the spat between Lizard Tongue & Burke. I heard it clearly, help me Jeezus 3 times!!! Lying sacks. Bring me those handcuffs & I'll bite their arses into a jail cell.

9. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

help ME, Jeezus!

I'll give her this...Patsy doesn't sound as whiny and condescending as she usually does.

But some of her wording is just so strange. The bit about we have a kidnapping. Ole' Pearlsim wouldn't have put it quite that way - I'd have been too busy screaming that my baby was gone.

And the "she's blonde" quote...Lord, that's rich. First off, JonBenet WASN'T blonde...or wouldn't have been if her Mom hadn't hauled her tiny little self off to a beauty parlor to have all those harsh chemicals put on her head to MAKE her be blonde....at the ages of five and six.....ugggggggghhhhhhh....disgusting.

Secondly, who gives a rat's :(:(:( whether she's blonde or not, Patsy??????? Is that the most important characteristic you could think of to sum up that precious little girl God gave you?????

OK - maybe I'm being a little oversensitive. But my blood boiled when I heard that dumba$$ quote.

10. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Told ya

but do youse guys ever listen to me? Well, do ya? I heard Patsy's voice saying Help me, Jesus - I thought it was four times, but it's been a while since I listened to it - if allya say it was three times, then I believe you.

When I first heard the tape, I swear the hair stood up on the back of my neck. Wood and jameson both put false information about that tape out there, whether purposely or not, I don't know, but Patsy's voice is there as clear as a bell. I am certain that John's and Burke's voices are there, as well, in the enhanced tape. Steve Thomas told the truth in his book, andit seems the Ramseys lied when they said Burke wasn't up that morning. The BPD and Keenan et al know there is a conflict between what the voices on the 911 tape tell them and what the Ramseys tell them about Burke's being up that morning. Yet, life goes on. The fact that the Ramseys appear to have lied has no impact on Keenan and her crew. Even now that the tape has been made public, it's business as usual. The Ramseys lied, imagine that. Oh well.

I think Lin Wood has gotten the word, Tricia. Why else has he disappeared from the Ramsey case radar? He hasn't uttered a word in public since the big media blast about how the BPD lied about the tape. He has his foot implanted firmly in his mouth, and I'd venture to guess he's plenty pist off. I also think he and the Ramseys may be on the outs, and jameson has taken a powder because of that tape. I'll betcha, I'll betcha, I'll betcha.

You did good, Tricia. No one's mad at you, and if they are, they can come see me. Sometimes you have to make hard decisions so as not to play your hand too soon. You kept your aces until it was safe to deal them. I'm proud of you.

I'd say Wood and the Ramseys have a lot of explaining to do. In fact, Lin Wood owes the BPD an apology as well as all the people he duped on national TV. Don't anyone hold your breath waiting for those explanations or an apology, though.

11. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Thanks, Tricia!

This is great work, and you have exposed all the rotten liars...jameson, Wood, the Ramseys, and the culprit(s) in the DA's office who tried to alter the tape with a magnet.

They all have a lot of 'splainin' to do...and also that homely little turd, Katie Couric.

I understand completely your prior disinformation on the tape, being that this was all out there on the Public Forum. You're learning the game, baby. Counterintelligence!

Gotcha by the short hairs, Leroy Lincoln and Lyin' John!

12. ravens_tears

ravens_tears Member

No need to apologize or ask forgiveness Tricia. You did what you felt needed to be done at the time.

I listened to it... I have my computer patched out to my Sony, works quite well. All I can say at the moment is it makes my stomach turn.... and I concur lurker... someone has definately got a lot of 'splainin' to do!

13. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I just can't get past this

the Ramseys had to have known the truth was going to come out. Were they so into believing their own lies that they really did believe their voices weren't on the tape? I just don't get it. It wasn't a case of he said, she said - ST said their voices were on the tape, and the voices are there. He didn't lie. He had tangible proof of it - hard, solid proof.

The Ramseys, Lin Wood, the mameslugs, and jameson (even former DA Alex Hunter at one time) have all been on a campaign againt Steve Thomas, mocking him, calling him a liar. But, that's the illogical mentality of all of them - there is no way Thomas would have made such a claim without having the evidence to back himself up. It would be oh so easy to prove he was lying, if he were. He wouldn't make the mistake the RST has made. They made outrageous claims against Thomas and the BPD they couldn't back up. Now, it's come back to bite them in their butts.

The weird thing is - the Ramseys never had to lie about this. In my view, Patsy's voice being on there after she thought she had hung the phone up - saying, Help me, Jesus, Help me, Jesus, Help me Jesus - could have gone in her favor. A mother pleading to Jesus to help her find her daughter, help her through what was to come - that is entirely logical and believable. Furthermore, Burke's being up at that time is also entirely logical and believable. They never had to lie about any of that. What they didn't know, though, was just exactly how much of their conversation had been captured on the 911 tape, so they had to lie about the entire thing and deny Burke was awake.

Think about it - if JR hadn't said to Burke, "We aren't speaking to you," or something to that order, no one would have questioned the fact that Burke was awake and standing right there with them. There is no explanation as to why JR would be speaking to his son in that manner. None of that makes any sense - why Burke would still be in bed when the police officers arrived, why Burke would later say he was awake and he heard certain things, but he pretended he was sleeping. That makes no sense.

The thing is, the Ramseys didn't know how much the tape picked up of their conversation after Patsy thought she had hung up. They were forced to deny any of it happened, thinking if they discredited Thomas and the rest of the BPD, they could say they planted those voices there, or the science wasn't exact, whatever. There is no way anyone implanted Patsy's voice saying Help me, Jesus. It's obviously her voice.

Their denials and lies have only served to do the opposite of what they wanted - draw attention to their denials that Burke was awake and up during that 911 call. The inevitable questions follow - why was it so important that they deny Burke was awake and standing there?

First of all, why does one lie? The answer, of course, is they don't want anyone to know the truth. So, the Ramseys lied about Burke's not being awake that morning during the 911 call. Why? I believe Burke's voice is on that tape along with JR telling him they weren't speaking to him. Why do the Ramseys deny it? What truth about Burke's being up do they want to cover up?

It's entirely possible that Burke was awake most of the night along with his parents. Even if Burke were somehow involved and his parents were trying to cover for him (no, I'm not saying that was the case, just a hypothetical), it's possible Burke was sent to his room while his parents went about their business and only later came downstairs. He may have overheard Patsy saying on the phone about finding the ransom note. He may have asked, after she got off the phone, what they found. not understanding there had been a note written after he went to his bedroom. I think Burke is pretty much clueless as to what transpired that night as far as cover up, but I'm not so sure he doesn't know more than they want us to believe he knows. Otherwise, why the need for the lie about his voice on the 911 tape? You don't have to lie if the truth won't hurt you, that's the point. So, how would the truth hurt them? Questions with no answers, at least none that we know of.

It's all very strange.

14. Scarpetta

Scarpetta Member

They will still deny it. Like someone said, they will say the tape WAS doctored and Steve Thomas did it.

Excellent job Tricia.

15. Ilene-Sue

Ilene-Sue Member

You know how the Ramzeys made thereference in tehir book to the Nazis, that if you say something often enough, one believes it.

This is calling the kettle black.

16. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

FYI

Tampering with evidence in a homicide investigation is a felony, i.e., a criminal, not civil, act, therefore, it becomes FBI/DOJ jurisdiction and will be prosecuted under state and federal criminal statutes and rules. There are also FCC regs issues inherent to this discovery, which of course is federal law. These vital issues will not fall under any civil public disclosure constraints that have previously been discussed on this forum in other threads and subsequently, whatever achievements, if any, are made in the LHP case at the Supreme Court level will not apply to obtaining any pertinent sealed documents or testimony regarding the tape(s) and their integrity during the criminal prosecution phase. IOW, IF this discovery is ever prosecuted, any sealed information from the case will be available to support the prosecution's case and will be covered by media disclosure.

It is pivotal that these labs certify their test results and that the chain of custody of this evidence is documented and proveable beyond a reasonable doubt (air-tight). A successful prosecution won't happen without those two elements intact. Whomever is directing these activities, please, be sure to cover these bases as well.

17. Ginja

Ginja Member

Help me Jesus!

This is awesome!!! There's no mistaking Patsy crying Help me, Jesus 3x. There's also no mistaking there's been some very serious tampering with evidence going on here. That Keenan didn't come out and refute Wood's allegations (accusations is more like it!) that the BPD fabricated evidence underscores the collusion of the District Attorney's Office with the Ramseys as well as their obstruction to protect the Ramseys.

Now I understand why Wood didn't take his accusations of fabrication to court!!!!!

Looks to me like more than one federal criminal offense has been committed here. And I bet it's only the tip of the iceberg.

18. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Yep Yep Yep Ginja!

Good point...if Keenan had taken LW seriously that the tape had been tampered with by BPD, you'd think she would have launched an all-out investigation. But zip, zilch, nada, nyet. It took a group of :(:(:(:(ed off experts to put his bullchit to the test. Say it with me now--HHHMMMMM....

19. Mort

Mort Member

Hello

It's been a long time since I have visited the forum, glad to see it's still going strong.
    I had to comment on this thread however, first about the lie; how many times have others in this case been criticized harshly for lieing or assumed lies? If you want to deal honestly it must be consistent. If not people start wondering is this true or will it be retracted tomorrow?
    Secondly, would someone please explain to me how Patsy saying "help me Jesus" is an indicator of her guilt in the murder of her daughter?

20. Little

Little Member

In the eye of the beholder

Although I don't post here much I do hang out here occasionally. IMO Tricia’s post was not malicious in the least. She was working on a very specific project with the very specific purpose of seeking out facts. The fact that she even felt compelled to make that post in the first place speaks to her sincerity.

Also, I don’t think the intent was to say Patsy could be heard on the tape, therefore she is guilty of killing her daughter. It’s just another piece of the puzzle which add to the many inconsistencies in this case. The question has been out there for a few years as to whether or not Steve Thomas was correct about what he and others had heard on the tape. Apparently he was not mistaken – others were.

Little

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice