Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

Default Heads Up! Burke interviewed by Police!

Thanks to big C for sending me this:
    http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-police...,6492962.story

Thanks for posting this information, Bob. Funny how just recently a few of us were posting about the 911 call with Burke's voice being heard in the background, thanks to Learnin's interest in the case.

I wonder if anything will turn up from this new interview with Burke at the age of 23 (?). Fingers crossed!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Default Let's Do the Time Warp!

candy...jameson...The Boulder Forum...

I feel like I've fallen down the rabbit hole.

But it's interesting to read the comments. So many cold cases are being solved with all the new technology. I still hold out hope that JonBenet's killer will be found and prosecuted.

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

You have to ask yourselves why the police would even want to interview Burke, after the prime suspect has been dead for several years. It makes me wonder what prompted this, since they could have pounced on Burke five years ago, but didn't.

The government is a business, and they eventually want a payoff for what they spend. Why would Boulder officials want to expend more money on interviewing Burke?

This is the most interesting twist in this case that I've seen in years.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    You have to ask yourselves why the police would even want to interview Burke, after the prime suspect has been dead for several years. It makes me wonder what prompted this, since they could have pounced on Burke five years ago, but didn't.

The government is a business, and they eventually want a payoff for what they spend. Why would Boulder officials want to expend more money on interviewing Burke?

This is the most interesting twist in this case that I've seen in years.
    Yes, Bob, it does make me wonder too after all this time has elapsed(?).
    I'm anxious to read the continuation of this very surprising news. I truly thought John Ramsey had made sure Burke would never be interviewed (?).
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    Thanks to big C for sending me this:
    http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-police...,6492962.story
    Thanks for posting this, Bob. What an interesting turn of events. Makes you wonder if anything will come of it.

The last I knew, after Burke graduated from Purdue, he was living in Atlanta. I'm guessing that's where the Boulder police went to interview him.

Very interesting, indeed. A few thoughts, immediately, come to mind.

1. This indicates that the BPD, and current DA, are truly interested in getting to the bottom of this. If you want it to lie, you don't start interviewing the main players again.

2. Something new has arisen. BR has been of age for some years now. He has been fair game for some time.

3. I wonder if further DNA testing has revealed something. Might they have matched this DNA to a child hood friend of JBR's and now it's back to square one? Who better to question first besides the brother who is now of age?

Thank you for this new info Bob. This tells me what I have always figured. That there is still unreleased evidence we know nothing about. I hope this reinvigorates the case and we start hearing more about it again... Minus the input of Jameson and Candy of course. IMO.

I wish I could feel a little optimism about this interview, but it's so long overdue. Well, we knew Lacy wasn't going to go there.

Maybe the BPD has a new detective or cold case squad which is taking another look. Didn't we read about the CBI recently looking at a long list of unsolved cold cases, and there was a stink because JB's case wasn't on it? Yeah, it was in the news a few months ago.

I don't know. Even if they have developed new evidence, what is Burke going to remember all these years later that's reliable, anyway? Is he going to be truthful about it if he does remember something incriminating against anyone in his family? I don't think so.

Because Patsy wrote that note, no question in my mind.

So is this just the BPD giving lip service? Maybe.

Yet this case has been so insane, it's hard to rule out any possibility that it might have some wild and crazy resolution one day.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

This is kind of off topic, but as a stretch...if you haven't seen it before--I hadn't--it's a statement analysis of another interview in this case. Whoever this guy is, he's good. He talks like he's experienced and his bio says he's an investigator, so decide for yourself. He does an analysis of the Ramseys being interviewed the day after they buried JonBenet. If you remember, their interview was with CNN--not the BPD, which they stalled for four more months.

Anyhow, while we hang around waiting to hear nothing about Burke's interview, if you want to learn something about how investigators detect deception in interviews and what they then determine, this is fascinating. Just wish this guy would analyze some of the wild stories the Ramseys told in their BPD and BDA interviews. Those were some whoppers!

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/201...interview.html

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Thank you for posting this KK. This is very interesting! I'm stunned reading this statement analysis. I can't get over the fact doctors do not make reports of well-to-do-parents (?). Sincerely hope this scene changes!

1. There were indicators of abuse. Jonbenet had a series of infections. She was also bedwetting. The doctor saw her many times; far more than normal, and did not make a report. My years in child protective have taught me that doctors do not make reports of well-to-do parents, as suspicion for abuse and/or neglect is low. The well to do family is under less financial strain than others, which can contribute to abuse/neglect.
    Just my opinion.

Well, since murder charges are probably never going to happen (unless of course you are a child-molesting, cross-dressing, delusional creep plucked from Taiwan who never stepped foot in Boulder), I am left to wonder if the new sane authorities are looking into Obstruction of Justice charges.

I am also wondering if perhaps Burke has said something to someone that got back to the police.