Listen To Patsy Ramsey's 911 Call. Hear the Truth. Lin Wood Lied.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Oct 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Rather than have members and guest search the forum for the 911 link I decided to put it up on a featured thread.

Click on the link below. This is the CD that I have loaded onto my computer of the 911 call. Crank it up loudly. Listen to Patsy’s hyperventilation. Then after the operator says “Patsy†for the fourth time listen carefully. You will hear the hyperventilating Patsy say, “Help me Jesus, help me Jesus, help me Jesus.â€

Listen to the call at http://www.acandyrose.com/patsy911-FFJ.mp3

The walls of deceit are slowly crumbling. More to come.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2006
  2. Tricia

I want to stress that the tape you just listened to has not been enhanced or altered in any way. This is how I received it from Mary Keenan's office.

The fact that you can plainly hear Patsy say, "Help me Jesus" when she thought she had hung up the phone speaks volumes to Wood's credibility.

From the Dan Abrams show on July 17th Wood states,

"And when Michael Kane admits that there’s-quote-unquote - “something thereâ€, that’s a word game. There’s something there after the phone hangs up. There’s about five or six seconds of noise. There’s no conversation there. It’s not Burke. It’s not John. It’s not Patsy. And that’s the lie that the Boulder Police Department told about this tape. "

"It's not Burke. It's not John. It's not Patsy."

Lin Wood has to explain just who the hell it is saying "Help me Jesus" if it's not Patsy, John, or Burke. Of course he won't. Wood is not known for doing the right thing.

Lin Wood had better stock up on his Depends because he is going to need them when he sees what's coming next.

Also there seems to be some question concerning how many times the 911 operator says, "Patsy." According to the transcript in Steve Thomas' book the 911 operator says "Patsy" 5 times. Yet on the tape I received she only says "Patsy" for times.

What bothers me is NBC claimed there was NOTHING at the end of the tape yet you can clearly hear Patsy.

The only logical conclusion is the audio experts who tried to enhance the tape for NBC are the most incompetent people on earth or the tape they received from Lin Wood did not have Patsy saying, "Help me Jesus."

Remember between the time Patsy starts saying "help me Jesus" and the phone is actually hung up is when John and Burke have their quick exchange. We can't hear that part of the conversation because we don't have the equipment to enhance it. But others do apparently. YES!!

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3732

3. Tricia

Please listen to the tape Katie Couric played on the Today Show and Dateline. The end with Patsy saying, "Help me Jesus.." is totally cut off.

WHY? Who allowed this?

4. Tricia

The show 48 Hours on CBS was given the chance to run the Ramsey/911 story. The producers refused. Why? Because the producers "heard" something at the end of the tape and refused to go along with Lin Wood's story that there was nothing there.

I have a new found respect for 48 Hours.

Yet when the 911 tape is given to the Today Show and Dateline the end of the tape, the section in question, the section 48 Hours said had something on it, was missing. WHY?

From the Boulder Daily Camera July 13th 2003.

Keenan releases Ramsey 911 tape
    Recording had already aired on NBC's Today Show

By Amy Hebert, Camera Staff Writer
    July 12, 2003

Boulder County District Attorney Mary Keenan released copies of the Ramsey 911 tape Friday, responding to an open-records request three days after the tape aired on national television.

"Where it had already been released and played publicly, we didn't feel we could argue that there would be any damage in releasing it," Keenan said. She previously had declined to release the tape.

The tape aired for the first time this week after John and Patsy Ramsey's attorney, Lin Wood, gave a recording to the NBC network.

In between trips to New York and Washington for a two-part interview that aired Tuesday and Wednesday on the Today Show and a one-hour special Friday night on Larry King Live, Wood told the Daily Camera he released the tape to the shows that would give it the best play.

"Candidly, I wanted to make sure as best I could that it would receive maximum exposure," he said.

NBC had experts analyze the tape to test the theory, espoused by former police detective Steve Thomas, that the Ramseys' son could be heard in the background after Patsy Ramsey thought she had hung up the phone.

The Ramseys told police the 9-year-old boy was asleep when Ramsey called police on Dec. 26, 1996, to say her daughter, JonBenet, had been kidnapped. The 6-year-old's strangled body was found in the basement of the Ramseys' 15th Street home several hours later.

NBC's experts said no other voices could be heard on an enhanced version of the tape.

But journalists with CBS' 48 Hours said that program declined to air the tape because there was also a compact disc copy of the 911 call with more noises at the end that could not conclusively be analyzed.

"Our own analysis showed that there was something there. It's almost impossible to detect what it was," said Al Briganti, executive editor of 48 Hours. "It was in conflict with what Lin (Wood) felt was on the tape, so we felt we didn't really have a story."

Wood could not be reached Friday evening to respond to the CBS explanation.

But Keenan said there should be no difference between any tape or CD copies. Her office released one of each, but she said the CD simply had been copied off the tape.

There is some clicking noise on the end of the CD that can't be heard on the tape, but it's unclear whether it's the sound of someone shutting off the tape recorder.

"I have no idea why there's any difference between the two," Keenan said. "My understanding is that the tape should be the same as the original. I can't say the same about the CD."

5. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

There were 2 versions released by Keenan/Lacy, one on audio tape, the other on audio CD. The tape version ends just as Patsy begins to say the first "help me" (you hear the beginnings of the word "help").

On the CD version, you can easily make out Patsy saying "help me...help me Jesus...help me" - immediately followed by the infamous 4-second gap of silence where John and Burke's voices were redacted by Lacy.

So when you listen to a downloadable MP3 version on the internet, what you will hear greatly depends on which version (tape or CD) the MP3 was made from.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2012
  6. Elle

Elle Member

While I was reading up on the 911 call., I came across this:

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3732&page=8 Post #39

Quote:

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>
    <TABLE id=post45211 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead>[​IMG] October 30, 2003, 1:13 am, Thu Oct 30 1:13:38 CST 2003 <!-- / status icon and date -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" class=alt2><!-- user info --><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>Spade [​IMG]<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_45211", true); </SCRIPT>

</TD><TD width="100%"></TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD id=td_post_45211 class=alt1><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- icon and title -->[​IMG] B***** on 911
    <HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1; COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->This section of the "legal secretary's notes" have already been posted by jams. Jams received them from ex- who had received a copy from me. I am not going to redact any names but please don't waste your time or the time of the Aerospace engineers with mamesque phone calls.

While re-listening to the recording of the 911 call made by Patsy in the early morning of December 26, detectives thought they could hear a conversation in the background while Patsy was attempting to hang up the phone. On April 21, Det. Melissa Hickman flew to Los Angeles to meet with Mike Epstein and Jim Roeder, engineers at Aerospace Corporation, for purposes of enhancing the recording of the 911 call received at the Boulder Regional Dispatch Center.

At her first meeting with the three engineers, Hickman was told that it appeared that the cassette had been recorded in a Dictaphone format which would require a special recorder to recopy. Hickman drove to the nearest Dictaphone company which was located in the San Fernando Valley. A Dictaphone technician examined the tape and told Hickman that the information was not recorded in Dictaphone format. Hickman, feeling the frustration of the proverbial goose chase, returned to her hotel.

That evening, Roeder called her at the hotel and asked her to return to Aerospace. Roeder had decided that the tape probably had been recorded on a regular format which could be copied digitally by their computer. A hard drive disk was made of the tape, and this disk was copied to a JAZ drive, a large disk with more memory than a standard floppy disk.

On the morning of April 22, Hickman met again with Roeder in his office at Aerospace. The detective and the engineer went to a small lab to work with the disk to try to filter out extraneous noise and enhance the voices in the background. Roeder made several variations using different noise reduction settings, and those recordings were then copied onto the JAZ drive. They returned to Roeder's office where they were able to further enhance the disk. With this latest enhancement, they were able to hear two voices on the tape one of which sounded like a juvenile male, and the second one appeared to be Patsy. The first words seemed to belong to the juvenile, and then Patsy is heard to say, "Help me Jesus, help me Jesus." The voice again appeared to be the "juvenile male saying, "Please, what do I do?'' Hickman and Roeder agreed to meet again in the morning to continue enhancing the tape.

When Hickman returned to Aerospace the next morning to meet with Roeder, he said that he had continued listening to the disk after Hickman had left for the evening. He and another engineer had played the original version of the 911 call that had been transferred to the JAZ drive and found that to be the clearest recording. Both engineers had heard three distinct voices on the tape and written down that they thought was being said. The tape
    was then played for Hickman. After listening to the tape three or four times, Hickman heard John Ramsey say “We’re not speaking to you”. In what sounded like a very angry voice. Patsy then says, “Help me Jesus, help me Jesus,” and finally Burke is clearly heard to say, “ Well, what did you find?”, with an emphasis on the word “did.” After Hickman told the engineers her impression of the conversation, Roeder handed her a piece of notepaper containing the conversation heard by himself and his fellow engineer – the conversation as written down was exactly as Hickman herself had just heard.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2012
  7. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

On this audio file here, I can barely hear "something" in the section where Aerospace used their then state-of-the-art technology to enhance the sound so that you can hear voices on the actual Aerospace tape. What I could hear of the two background voices when it was played on TV was simply tone, pitch, rhythm, intensity, and speech patterns (emphasis on syllables which we all give to words.) I could not say what the actual words were, but then, I was listening on a TV, not an especially expensive one, either, but it was a Sony. Consider that it was being transmitted through whatever equipment the TV studio used, and how many times it had been copied before it got to that studio (that's what Schiller meant when he talked about the "generation" of the tape Lin Wood got from Lacy), so it's amazing that I heard the voices as clearly as I did.

Look, no less that Steve Thomas, Michael Kane, and Lawrence Schiller have stated flat out that they heard the tapes and there are voices on it. The RST can argue all they want, but it's not going to make the facts of evidence go away: even a judge gave a copy of the original 911 tape to Burke's lawyer before he testified before the grand jury because it was commonly accepted by all LEGAL parties that Burke was on the tape. Otherwise, there would be no reason at all for Burke (through his lawyer) to get that tape. Period.

Will it ever get leaked again? I don't know. It was leaked once, and the enhanced tape is a different tape altogether than just a copy of the original, remember that. On the enhanced tape you don't hear the entire call with Patsy and the dispatcher. You hear the section with the voices in the background; Patsy's and the dispatcher's voices are dropped out, I am guessing, in the process used to amplify the other voices.

So that's all I know. I know what I heard. But don't believe me: consider what completely credible case investigators have written and stated on TV in interviews.

Also I know that I never heard Lou Smit say there were no voices on that tape.

8. Elle

Elle Member

There's so much information relating to this call on the net:

Came across this:
    http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/The-911-Call#Contentsof911Call

Audio Analyses of 911 Tape

There have been 9 audio analyses of the 911 tape used to determine whether there are additional voices that can be recovered from garbled portions of the tape.

9. Elle

Elle Member

Had trouble trying to copy this! It goes on forever, but you can always read the rest yourselves. :)

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/3079093

Patsy: “Police.”
    911: “What’s going on ma’am?”
    Patsy: “755 15th street.”
    911: “What’s going on there ma’am”
    Patsy: “We have a kidnapping. Hurry, please!”
    911: “Explain to me what’s going on. Ok?”
    Patsy: “There. We have a, there’s a note left and our daughter’s gone.”
    911: “A note was left and your daughter’s gone?”
    Patsy: “Yes!”
    911: “How old is your daughter?”
    Patsy: “She’s 6 years old. She’s blonde, 6 years old.”

911: “How long ago was this?”
    Patsy: “I don’t know I just got the note, and my daughter’s gone.”
    911: “Does it say who took her?”
    Patsy: “What?”
    911: “Does it say who took her?”
    Patsy: “No! I don’t know. There’s a, there’s a ransom note here.”
    911: “It’s a ransom note?”
    Patsy: “It say’s SBTC. Victory! Please!”
    911: “Okay, what’s your name? Are you Kath...?”
    Patsy: “Patsy Ramsey, I’m the mother. Oh my God! Please!”
    911: “Okay, I’m sending an officer over OK?
    Patsy: “Please!”

911: “Do you know how long she’s been gone?”
    Patsy: “No I don’t! Please we just got up and she’s not here. Oh my god! Please!”
    911: “Okay, Cal....”
    Patsy: “Please send somebody.”
    911: “I am honey.”
    Patsy: “Please.”
    911: “Take a deep breath and...”
    Patsy: “Hurry, hurry, hurry!”
    911: “Patsy? Patsy? Patsy? Patsy?”

Just what happened after Patsy hung up the phone has been debated in law enforcement circles. One former Boulder police detective, Steve Thomas, believes after Patsy hung up, the phone didn’t really disconnect.
    In his book, “JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation,” Thomas claimed that by enhancing the tape you can hear John and Patsy talking to their son Burke. He claims that’s important because the Ramseys reportedly told police their son was asleep at the time of the call. If true, Thomas claims it suggests the family was altering their story right from the start

Continued ... ... ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice