Who is still fighting for the truth for JonBenet Ramsey?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I pulled this post from another thread because I felt it was important enough for it's own discussion. Please read it carefully. I am interested in your opinions.
    ```````````````````````````````````````````````
    AFFIDAVIT OF FLEET RUSSELL WHITE, JR.

The undersigned hereby sweard and affirms as follows:

1. My name is Fleet Russell White, Jr.
    2. I reside at (address redacted)
    3. On September 19, 2000, I met with Jefferson County Deputy District Attorney Dennis Hall. At that meeting, Mr. Hall stated that David Kendall, a lawyer with the Washington, D.C. office of the Williams & Connolly law firm had visited Mr. Hall and Jefferson District Attorney David Thomas earlier that year and had attempted to persuade Mr. Hall and Mr. Thomas to dismiss the indictment of Mr. Craig A. Lewis, an employee of the Globe, a supermarket tabloid. Also at the meeting, Mr. Hall indicated that the ultimate objective of the Lewis prosecution was to bring criminal charges against Globe executives who shared responsibility for the illegal actions of Mr. Lewis.
    4. On September 29, 2000, I met with Mr. Bob Brown, an investigator for the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. Also present at the meeting was my wife, Priscilla Brown White. At that meeting, Mr. Brown stated that Mr. Kendall had visited the Jefferson County District Attorney in June 2000 for the purpose of persuading the District Attorney to dismiss the indictment of Mr. Lewis.
    5. On September 17, 2001 I attended a meeting at the Jefferson County District Attorney’s office. The people present at the meeting were my wife, Priscilla Brown White, Denver lawyer Craig R. Truman, Jefferson County District Attorney David Thomas; and Jefferson County Deputy District Attorney Charles Tingle. The meeting was held in a conference room at the Jefferson County District Attorney’s office. At that meeting, the 1999 indictments of Thomas C. Miller and Craig A. Lewis by the Jefferson County grand jury were discussed by those present. During the course of that discussion, I recall asking Mr. Thomas why, in November 2000, his office chose to dismiss charges against Mr. Lewis in consideration of a $100,000 payment by Globe International to the University of Colorado School of Journalism and Mass Communication. I recall Mr. Thomas stating that the decision to dismiss the charges against Mr. Lewis was made in order to avoid a lengthy and expensive prosecution. I also recall him describing a meeting with lawyers representing Mr. Lewis and including “Bill Clinton’s attorney†who I assumed to be Mr. Kendall.
    I clearly recall Mr. Thomas stating that one of the lawyers present at that meeting attempted to persuade him to dismiss the indictment of Mr. Lewis by threatening Mr. Thomas with reprisals

Affidavit of Fleet Russell White, Jr.
    Page Two

Having to do with Mr. Thomas’ career and work that Mr. Thomas might seek in the future.
    Further the Affiant sayeth not.
    Date: October 22, 2002

Fleet Russell White, Jr.

SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN to before me by Fleet Russell White, Jr. this 22nd day of October 2002

WITNESS MY HAND AND OFFICIAL SEAL

{end of affidavit}

The following information is taken from public records, transcripts and sources.

Hal Haddon and David Kendall are personal friends through their association with Bill and Hillary Clinton and the Whitewater land deal.

Kendall works for one of the most powerful law firms in the nation (Williams and Connolly) and is considered on of the most powerful lawyers in America.

In this "Commercial Bribery" case Haddon represents the Ramseys and Kendall represents Globe's Craig Lewis.

This Commercial Bribery case was brought to the Jefferson County District Attorney's attention by Hal Haddon.

Hal Haddon and David Kendall meet with Jefferson County District Attorney Dave Thomas. In this meeting D.A. Thomas indicated he really didn't want to go forth with the prosecution of the Globe's Craig Lewis or Tom Miller.

From this meeting came the bizarre decision to accept a 100 thousand donation to the Colorado School of Journalism in exchange not prosecute Craig Lewis but to prosecute Tom Miller.

The threat from Haddon to Thomas was, " You'll never work in this state again if you don't go along with the deal and prosecute Miller."

Fast forward to the meeting with Fleet and Priscilla White and Prosecutor Thomas. Read Fleet's affidavit. Here is what White said in his affidavit about the threat.

"I clearly recall Mr. Thomas stating that one of the lawyers present at that meeting attempted to persuade him to dismiss the indictment of Mr. Lewis by threatening Mr. Thomas with reprisals having to do with Mr. Thomas’ career and work that Mr. Thomas might seek in the future."

I think what D.A. Thomas told Fleet White easily translates into, "You'll never work in this state again."

Who did something about this threat?

Not Kendall although I understand Kendall was appalled by Haddon's behavior.

Not Dave Thomas. No Thomas just laid down like a good lap dog. Said he didn't even understand why the White's contacted him about this matter.

The only two people on this planet who tried to get the courts to hear and understand that a public official was threatened and action was taken by the official because of the threat were Fleet and Priscilla White.

That's why FW wrote the letter, the "Legal Junk Mail," to the judge in the Bryant case. To warn the judge about Haddon's tricks. His lack of fear of reprisal for his actions.

Now let's go back to this case.

Just who was the Ramsey's attorney?

Mike Bynum hired Haddon for the Ramseys on Dec. 26th.

The intimidation of FW by the Ramsey lawyers began 3 and 3/4 hours after the body was "discovered."

````````````````````````````````````````````

While re-reading this post with Fleet White's affidavit the seriousness of the situation really started to sink in.

Mind you the murder of a child is about as serious as you can get. However the tentacles of the obscene behavior of public officials and Ramsey attorneys in this case reaches so far and wide it's frightening.

A quick refresher on what led up to Fleet and Pricilla White's affidavit.

Craig Lewis of the Globe magazine offered a Ramsey investigator money for a copy of the ransom note. Lewis met with the Ramsey investigator in the presence of Lewis's attorney Tom Miller. Miller said he had no idea Lewis was going to attempt to bribe the investigator for the ransom note if I remember correctly.

Charges were brought against Lewis and Miller for their bribery attempt.

In the end Craig Lewis got off easy. He donated 100 grand to the Colorado School of Journalism. No trial. Tom Miller went to trial however and was acquitted.

Why was Lewis let off with a fine and Tom Miller, an attorney who went with his client to a meeting, put on trial? Well the answer is in Fleet White's affidavit and the follow up information posted by me. Because that's what Ramsey attorney Hal Haddon wanted. It's what Haddon agreed to. If Haddon wants something he gets it it seems. To hell with the "right thing." The only right thing is what Haddon says is the right thing apparently.

Isn't Tom Miller married to Judith Phillips? Isn't Judith Phillips someone the Ramseys dislike immensely?

Hal Hadden, the same lawyer who is representing Kobe Bryant, threatened a public official. Plain and simple. Yet no one cared except Fleet and Priscilla White. I am sitting here stunned as I keep re-reading this affidavit. What the hell?

Only two people are still fighting, are still going through the proper channels to find the truth, Fleet and Pricilla White.

I know some think the White's are going about this all wrong but they are not. The Whites are doing the only thing citizens can do. Use the court system to get at the truth and expose the outrageous behavior of those involved.

A little sweet child is dead.The killer is still out there. Yet for some reason the main suspects attorney can threaten a prosecutor with his job and it's just fine and dandy with everyone.

Do you see anyone else spending their time trying to get the truth told? I don't. I don't see the Ramseys doing a damn thing to get to the bottom of all this crap. I don't see the outrage from the Governor over the fact the Boulder D.A. is bending over backwards to be Lin Wood's lapdog. The list is endless.

I hope before anyone judges or criticizes the Whites they stop and think first. Think about just who is still fighting in the courts for the truth in the JonBenet Ramsey case.

Fleet and Pricilla White.

The Whites are not perfect. No one is of course. But the Whites are the ones still digging, still fighting, to find the truth about the death of JonBenet.

It's more than her parents are doing.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2003
  2. Little

Little Member

Wonderful post Tricia,
    My gosh, it has been Fleet and Priscilla White who have gone to bat for JonBenet from the beginning. And Judith and Tom Miller haven't been far behind. There's only one logical reason for the attacks on them and it ain't pretty either.

It makes me wonder just how many people who got involved wish they had never touched this case - and just how many careers might be effected if/when this entire mess is brought out into the sunshine. Even if they all played just a small part, there have been people who were used to bring it all together who possibly had no idea just how far-reaching this would be.

If it were not for people like the ones that belong to this forum no one would be the wiser and good people like the Whites, the Millers, the McReynolds - everyone from the housekeeper to the gardener might have been hung out to dry.

But the one thing you and people like you keep your eye on is that an innocent child died a painful death Dec. 25 or 26, 1996. If not for all of you she might forever be just a footnote when the Boulder papers run their "things that happened on this date".

Little

3. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Who?

You are so right, Tricia. The Whites have been using the proper channels to try to get justice each step of the way in this case, and now the Kobe Bryant case, and the opposition to their efforts has been a ridiculous display of political incest and self-interest. I do believe the utter contempt such a corrupt network of power in Boulder provokes was the main cause of FW's noncompliance both with the subpoena (leading to a jail-night) and his nonresponsive answers in his depo. But they are not the only ones who feel such profound contempt or are making such efforts to find some small smattering of justice.

There are plenty of people on these forums who are making an equally concerted effort and going to extreme lengths, despite their RL commitments, toward the same end. And the opposition that comes against us is equally as mindblowing, offensive and powerful to discredit us and the work we have been doing.

Tenacity and refusing to allow the opposition to create rifts between us are the only measures the Whites and we can employ to achieve the goal. One of these days, the lid's going to blow right off the cozy little scam-can in Boulder. JonBenet didn't die such a horrid death for nothing!

4. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Spade was having trouble logging on and asked me to post this.

The Whites appeared in Boulder District court yesterday morning in support of their request to receive the redacted portion of Linda Wickman's notes of the 2/16/00 meeting at Barry Harman's house. (This was the beginning of Krebscam)

The information at stake is a conversation between Alex Hunter, Lee Hill, Stephen Singular, and Barrie Hartman discussing the White's daughter. In order to protect Alex Hunter, Mary Keenan redacted portions of this slanderous exchange by saying: "It is related to the ongoing investigation."

The key to the White's argument is the victory won by the NY Post in US District court that stripped prosecutorial immunity from the Boulder DA's office because Alex signed the carefully parsed "Burke affidavit" for LinWad. The judge's decision is pending.

`````````````````````````````````````````

So once again the Boulder D.A.'s office wants to cover it's :(:(:(.

What in the hell would be in the redacted notes that still pertains to the current investigation? Nothing. That's why the Krebs file was released. The information no longer had value to the JBR case. Therefore why not release the whole file. Unless the BDA is trying to cover it's :(:(:(.

5. Ginja

Ginja Member

Keenan's actions

Sounds like Keenan is trying to cover her own :(:(:( in this.

If I understand all this correctly, Haddon's office threatened Thomas, so he "agreed" to drop charges against Lewis for $100K contribution to the journalism school.

On the other side of the coin, Lin Wood threatened Keenan, so she "agreed" to pull the case away from the BPD and handle it herself.

It appears that Colorado officials are corrupt and can be easily "swayed" by attorneys.

And there's not a single journalist or reporter with the balls to take any of this on.

This goes to what's been a "problem" with the media brought out by Bill O'Reilly, specifically with the LA Times, but one can see it's a cancer growing in all media outlets. The media is no longer objective and unbiased.

6. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

Ginja - thanks for coming to my aid over at CS. I'm not a legal expert, but I did take Logic courses in college.

About media biases -- from the time I started paying attention to the media (around 1951) I've never seen the media when it was "objective and unbiased." In discussing the media one has to separate TV from newspapers and magazines. As far as newspapers are concerned some are liberal (e.g., the New York Times, Wash Post, LA Times, etc.) and some are conservative (e.g., the Wall Street Journal, New York Post, Wash Times, etc.). They have been so forever and make no effort to hide their leanings. I see nothing wrong with this except that all newspapers, liberal or conservative, tend to let their political biases creep off of their editorial pages and into their news stories. I've been reading the WSJ and Wash Post for longer than I care to say, and while it would be nice if these biases didn't happen, most people who try can separate the "slant" from the facts. And, BTW, there is nothing "sainted" about the left or right as far as nasty reporting is concerned. What the LA Times did to Arnold, the WSJ did to Clinton.

As far as the TV media is concerned I believe the media had been "left-leaning" on social and political issues and "right-leanning" on financial issues from the early 1950s until the late 1970s. During the late 1970s the TV media was taken over by corporate America "bean counters" (except for the Fox network) and has been what I call the "Corporate Media" ever since... to wit, news reporting is no longer left or right, it is ratings and advertiser oriented. It is slanted to avoid reporting stories that hurt big advertisers (e.g., military contractors, automakers, insurance companies, drug companies, etc.) and also to appeal to what the network advertising depts believe it's audience wants to hear. Thus the sanitized "inbed" coverage of the Iraq war. Fox news, of course, clearly supports the Republican right-wing.

BTW, I suspect Mr. O'Reilly's "problem" is with the "liberal" bias of the media - my guess is he has no "problem" with the right-wing bias of Fox News... LOL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice