Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Default New Book on JonBenet Ramsey

An Evening with JonBenet Ramsey: A Play and Two Essays.
    By Walter A. Davis.
    http://people.english.ohio-state.edu/davis.65/Vita.htm

"Walter A. Davis, Professor Emeritus at The Ohio State
    University contacted me last summer and explained that he was writing a book about JonBenet Ramsey. However this book was like no other. It was going to be a “full length play” he explained along with two essays.

Professor Davis much prefers to be called “Mac.” So from here on Mac it is.

The heart of the book, the purpose, is to bring to light the psychological damage that results from the sexual abuse of children. In other words, what we do to them when we parade them around like little adult Vegas show girls.

The first part of the book, the play, imagines the life of a sexually
    abused and murdered child as it might have evolved had she lived.

The "Essays" are hypothetical to some extent but also based on information gleaned from books and transcripts. Mac has a unique thesis that explains the "secret" that
    implicates both parents in the crime and its aftermath.

I was intrigued to say the least. As we continued our email discussion Mac told me Lin Wood had already threatened him if he went forward with his book. To quote Wood's exact words from an email he sent Mac,"publish your accusatory book and I
    will buy another Jaguar and thoroughbred race horse with the proceeds from
    another legal victory for the Ramseys."

Yes that's our Lin. Always so darn warm and fuzzy.

When I spoke with Mac he told me that he, like most of the country, was appalled at the pageant video he saw shortly after the murder. However Professor Davis looked deeper in the world of JonBenet Ramsey and thus his book is a result.

The book starts out as a play. If you have ever read a script for a play you know you have to visualize everything that is going on. That's exactly what you do here.

The concept is interesting. It shows what JonBenet (in this case her name is Jolie) might have become had she not been murdered.

We have the overbearing Grandmother (the Nedra character) along with "Jolie's" mother, father and so on.

The part of "Jolie" is played at all times by an adult actress although many scenes take place when Jolie is a small child practicing for pageants among other things. As Mac explains there is no way you could ask a child actress to portray this part. It would be too
    traumatic and would contribute to the very sexualization of children that
    the play condemns.

I have to tell you this is one of the most disturbing books I have ever read. The play is bleak. When Jolie becomes an adult she uses graphic language to describe what happened to her concerning sexual abuse. I had to put it down many times. It took me a long time to get through it.
    Mac told me that in his view we need to know the horror if we are to correct it. The play is an attempt to counter the voyeurism that dominated media coverage of Jonbenet.

The play ends and Mac continues with two essays.

The essays are very interesting. In the first essay Mac mixes in his hypothesis of what happened to JonBenet along with information concerning the psychosexualization of children. Mac doesn't beat around the bush when it comes to his opinion on the sexual abuse JonBenet suffered and the lasting psychosexual damage that Child Beauty Pageant's do to children.

The essays chronicle many things. Including Judge Carnes decision, the Professor's dealings with Lin Wood, evidence, and case things in general. I found this to be very interesting to say the least.

Mac is a member of FFJ. Mac65 is his name and he will be posting shortly I am sure.

I want to stress this book is very graphic and deals with traumatic realities in a forthright manner. It is not for the faint of heart. I am sure some of you would find this book upsetting.

I can't say that I agree with everything Mac states in his book concerning the sexual abuse of JonBenet. However something hit me as I was reading the book.

Even though I don’t agree with everything that's not the point of the book. The point is this horrible, ugly, abuse does happen. Just like he writes about. Even if one disagrees with Mac's assessment of the JBR story it’s imperative not to miss the message.

The way we sexualize young children today and the God awful sexual abuse that occurs can't be ignored. No matter how uncomfortable it makes us feel to discuss it. It's out there. It won't go away until we all do something about it.

Mac has established a Trust so that all money due him from the book and from productions of the play will be donated to Organizations who work on behalf of sexually abused children.

A bit different than JonBenet's parents don't you think?

An Evening with JonBenet Ramsey can be purchased at
    www.xlibris.com. If you purchase from xlibris you will receive a 15% discount on paperback and a 10% discount on hard cover.

Or at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

I look forward to Mac’s insight and opinions at FFJ.

Tricia
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

Tricia, thank you for this post and the heads up on Mac's book/play/essays. The subject of psycho sexualization has intrigued me for many years and, as you know, I've had the privilege of helping quite a few women of varying ages overcome both the physical and psychoemotional traumas of these crimes. It is not a pretty subject, nor a pretty world it creates for children to live in. The scars run very deep and, without good therapeutic and divine intervention, are lifelong. I support Mac's efforts to educate the public on this subject and any attempts by LW and the Rs to capitalize on it will only serve to publicize the subject to a greater degree to reach that many more people about one of the most atrocious travesties in modern society. We'll be there to support you, Mac. Thanks again!

Default reply

Tricia, Thanks for the wonderful post on my book. I look forward to the discussion with all memebers of the Forum. best, mac

Thumbs up Congratulations MAC

Congratulations MAC!! I can't wait to read it. This case can use all the sunlight it can get.
    Little

Default Mac

I am intrigued by the "secret" that implicates both parents in the crime. As you know, that is the big puzzle of this case, who did what? There are people who believe Patsy did it alone, some believe JR did it alone and then some who believe they both had a hand in it. I really don't know what to think except that one of the three in the house that night brutally murdered her and I tend to doubt Burke did it.
    I know that she was flaunted during the pageants in a sexualized way and I do believe she was sexually abused. Most people don't want to think about it or let the thought that these things happen intrude on their oblivious lives. Helping everyone learn the ugly truth is so important - I admire you for your courage in the face of what will be strong opposition. I know what you are doing will make a difference in a young persons life and that is the most noble deed you can do.
    Thanks!

I look forward to purchasing and reading the book, and Mac's participation at FFJ.

BTW, maybe the book will be a selection in either The Literary Guild or QPB book clubs - I need to order another book from each to fulfill my commitment for the "free" books I got. LOL

Anyhow, welcome aboard, Mac...

Default reply

I'm new to the web forum world so hope I'm replying in the right way. All I want to do this morning is say a great thanks to Tricia and all who are replying. It was a long five years writing my book. I knew I was doing something different and for lack of a better term something "courageous" (psychologically so) and often I wondered if I'd ever find an audience. Whatever they say, all authors want this. But one wants the right one--an audience that has courage. It sounds to me like I've found that audience in many of you. Thanks.

Default MAC65

I too am grateful you went ahead with the book after Wood's comment.

Looking forward to reading it.

This will be solved.

Default Re: New Book on JonBenet Ramsey

An Evening with JonBenet Ramsey: A Play and Two Essays.

Originally posted by Tricia

I was intrigued to say the least. As we continued our email discussion Mac told me Lin Wood had already threatened him if he went forward with his book. To quote Wood's exact words from an email he sent Mac,"publish your accusatory book and I
    will buy another Jaguar and thoroughbred race horse with the proceeds from another legal victory for the Ramseys."

This play does sound very intriguing, Tricia. I'm pleased to see he had the courage to rise above Lin Wood's threats. I haven't heard of any announcement of Lin Wood's donating one of his race horses or jaguars to any Organization on behalf of sexually abused children to increase their funds

Mac has established a Trust so that all money due him from the book and from productions of the play will be donated to Organizations who work on behalf of sexually abused children.

A bit different than JonBenet's parents don't you think?

This is very generous of Mac. A 'huge difference" Tricia! What did it say on the back of the Ramsey book? Authors' proceeds from the sale of this book will go to the JonBenét Ramsey Children's Foundation. Save y'all looking it up!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

"...publish your accusatory book and I will buy another Jaguar and thoroughbred race horse with the proceeds from another legal victory for the Ramseys."

Lin Wood defames my family and friends who are lawyers.

Mine, too, Shadow.

Of course, not all are created equal. I am sure you have heard the term "shyster".

Default Mac

I'm honoured to have you here with us. I look forward to reading your book -- it sounds fascinating.

Wonder if Woody would try to shut down anyone who dared a production of the play? (Who am I kidding? Of course he would.)

Ayeka
    The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
    -- Eden Phillpotts