A Mother's Judgement

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by JR, Jan 24, 2002.

1. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

These pictures have caused various reactions. Some people feel other people are over-reacting to them. Still other people feel these are totally inappropriate pictures of a six year old child. You have to judge them for yourself.

2. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

A Mother's Judgement II

This is the more controversial of the two JonBenét swimsuit shots.

3. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

A Mother's judgement III

Here is a swimsuit shot of Shirley Temple at about the same age as JonBenét.

4. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

They all look so posed

however I don't have a problem at all with those pics....it's the heavily made up, bleached hair, Las Vegas type pageant pics that shock me.

5. Zan

Zan FFJ Senior Member

Cute pic of Shirley

She looks so sweet and innocent...Obviously her promoters took care in not trying to make her appeal to adult males in a sexual way.JMO...

JB should not be sitting with something between her legs and her swim suit should not be so revealing in that picture...and why is her mouth open? The first pic of JB is not as bad as the second one....I would not have included the second one in her portfolio...We are all adults here...and we know there are sick-o's out there...just as P&J did...so I can't understand the second photo....Even if I didn't know about her murder and the implication of sexual abuse...I'd still wonder what that picture was all about...and what her parents were thinking.....poor baby..

6. Amglory

Amglory Member

Well Heres my two cents worth.

I really don't have a problem with either of these. Like Show me said, its the sexy Las Vegas Photos that make me sick.

Zan, I think the photographer was trying in the second photo to depict her at the beach. As far as straddling the whale, that is how kids ride them at the beach, as well as I did when I was little.
    Like you, I don't understand why her mouth was open, I think that's what makes it a little iffy.

7. Kip

Kip Member

I also agree with ShowMe. My reaction to the first picture was, this is great, JBR actually looks like a kid. The second one has some symbolism there if you're looking for it, but sometimes a pool toy is just a pool toy. Going back to look at her opened mouth--I didn't even notice that on first viewing--I don't think it's open in a suggestive way; it looks to me more like she's shouting. Where I disagree somewhat is on the Shirley Temple picture. Taken in the context of the its time, it probably was somewhat suggestive. When I saw it, it reminded me of the Betty Grable pin-up shots--my impression was that whoever posed Shirley was trying to emulate the '40s pin-up girl shots.

And, I agree with the rest of you--the shots were JBR looks like she's 25 are the ones that bother me.

8. Nandee

Nandee FFJ Senior Member

the others...

It's the other questionable pictures that make us wonder about these. If we hadn't seen pictures of her dressed like a Vegas showgirl, we would just see beach picutres....

9. Zan

Zan FFJ Senior Member

Could be Nandee

That is possible....

It could be that the other pictures have made us take a second look at these......the second one in particular for me..

Let's compare Shirley's to JB's(second one)

Shirley's crotch is covered completely...Her legs are closed...Her hair is in place...her mouth is closed...her feet are covered

Jb's suit looks like it was pulled down to expose a little shoulder in this one....Her legs are spread...she has an object between her legs...her mouth is open...part of her crotch is exposed...her feet are bare...Her hair is not in place...I don't know....maybe it's suppose to look like she is having fun....It might have been more convincing/or innocent if it were taken at a beach while she was playing...but this was taken indoors...so clearly set up to look the way it does...What were they trying to go for here?

10. Nandee

Nandee FFJ Senior Member

Angel

Right-o on the lipstick.... She is over-made-up for a beach picture and her hair has been lightened....

11. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Shirley Temple

Shirley is not underweight and probably wouldn't have been told McDonald's was fattening at the age of 6 when children mostly tend to burn off the calories they eat anyway.

She has a much cuter figure than JonBenét who clearly was being primed to become anorexic as she got older IMHO.

12. AK

AK Member

Not shocking to me

The JB pix look like normal portfolio prints for kid models. They're only odd because we know how her story ended.

The Shirley photo would probably have provoked a sexual reaction in a perv back then. Gotta consider what they had to work with at the time.

The showgirl pix are off the scale of acceptable, imo. Even in the Painted Baby-type specials, and I've seen three, there is nothing quite as aggressively sexual.

13. Zan

Zan FFJ Senior Member

subtly suggestive

JR said>>>JonBenét who clearly was being primed to become anorexic as she got older IMHO<<<

I agree with this....

Angel asked ...WHY?

I think because pr knew that would sell...

I'm wondering when these photo's were made...was this 95 or the summer of 96? JP said in her Mame interview that when PR returned from Texas that year.(95)..she noted a change in pr and JB...I think that these photo's are the beginning of that change...when pr was changing JB into a sex object.....

I let my husband look at the photo's....he does not follow this case....and he said YES....a male would look think that JB's second photo was suggestive...and not appropriate...But he also commented that Shirley's thighs should have been covered...I guess we are both too old fashioned....

14. fly

fly Member

with you, Fedorax

Like Fedorax, I don't see anything unusual about these pictures. The bathing suit is modest, the poses not provocative. The open mouth gives that picture a look kind of reminiscent of Marilyn Monroe, which might be a bit questionable, but otherwise, there's not a sexual aspect at all, IMO.

Shirley Temple is from another era, with different dress codes, and that is just one picture, anyway. Had only the first picture of JBR been shown, only people WANTING to see sexuality would ever see sexuality in the picture.

15. DebDeb

DebDeb New Member

I don't like that she's wearing make-up for the pictures. I just don't think it's necessary at that young age. But I know that's what is normally done for photoshoots and very common among young children who perform on stage. Still don't like it though. But outside of that I see absolutely nothing wrong with either of the pictures.

16. Jeanilou

Jeanilou Member

My opinion:

I don't really have a problem with any of the pics other than the makeup and bleached hair on JB. I will say there is something I don't like about the 2nd pic of JB. Not sure what it is but I prefer pic 1 to pic 2.

Pic 1 looks just like she is posing for a catalog shoot. And I don't have a prob with that aside from the makeup and bleached hair.

And Shirley Temple is just adorable but then I am prejudiced. I love Shirley Temple and my own granddaughter resembles her, quite a bit, I think.

Here is a pic of Christy, my granddaughter, who is 7 and because I cannot leave him out, my grandson, Austin, who is 6.

If you want to see pics of their parents, and my other two children, check in on the daily thread and I will post them there in a few days when I am feeling better. Just getting over a touch of the flu or virus here.

17. Jeanilou

Jeanilou Member

The pictures:

For some reason I could not get the pic to show up. So I am trying again.

<sigh>

EDITED TO ADD: The pic still is not showing. I give up. I hear my Nyquil and my bed calling me.

OKAY, why is this showing up as a download and not a pic? Anyone know?

I give up. The pic of the kids are on the daily thread, Jan 26.

Somedays I am so computer illiterate and somedays I am not. Oh well, such is life.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2002
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice