Patsy Performing

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Nov 4, 2003.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

2. South

South Member

This is the first time I have seen this, although I have read the transcripts. I didn't watch all of it due to time constraints, but my impression of Patsy is that she seems intoxicated. To me, her voice sounds slurred and her gestures are those of someone who is feeling no pain. Listening to her made me think of that plump former playmate with the reality tv show whose name escapes me at the moment. I would guess Patsy was on medication. She certainly does not give the impression to me that she is being forthright. All the wild gesturing and head grabbing and other antics come off as fake. JMHO.

3. Spade

Spade Member

Psycologist

An accredited Psycologist who works with one of the "911 labs" has an opinion that Patsy was acting during the 911 call. He says the hyperventalating is phony. I agree.

4. Little

Little Member

That is interesting :)

Does anyone know if there has been anything done with voice analysis? I don't think I have ever read anything about any body language analysis being done either.
    Now that would make an interesting show!
    Little

5. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Acting big time

Spade. I agree with your psychologist friend - I think she was acting, too. It didn't seem natural to me, the way she was talking and breathing - it was fake sounding, and when she told the 911 operator those letters at the end of the ransom note - SBTC - I swear she was either reading them or had them memorized, because there was no stammering, no saying, "John, what are those letters at the end of the letter?" It would have made sense for her to do that, since John had possession of the note and was allegedly reading it on the floor when she made the call.

So if she didn't read the entire note, or only just glanced at the end of it, how did she remember those letters so clearly? Did she stoop down or bend over to read them? I don't think so. The letter, according to the Ramseys, was by the staircase, Patsy was in the phone area. It just sounded to me as if she were reading the SBTC letters, an odd thing if she was standing at the kitchen phone.

RR, thanks for posting those videos. It makes a world of difference watching the body language and listening to the voices instead of just reading the transcripts. Patsy's got a whiney voice, I think, full of melodramatics, and she was slurring her words and speaking slowly, almost as if she were exhausted, until she feels confronted. Then she turns into a sharp-tongued vixon. She's no dummy, she knew what she was doing. I noticed in the five minutes I could stand to watch her that she never looked at the other investigator there - only at the one on her right, whom I assume was Lou Smit. Her behavior was as I pictured it from the transcripts I have read - she is evasive and can't remember diddly except it suits her story to remember. Then she is clear as a bell. I thought she was lying in the transcript. After seeing this, I'm convinced she was lying through her teeth.

6. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Yep.......I still all these years later couldn't tell you off the top of my head the SBTC.

7. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

In my first year of high school drama one of the first things I was taught was that if I needed to sound upset I should raise my voice an octave and.....hyperventilate!

I think I told someone on this forum when I heard this tape that they "out of breath" was the oldest acting trick in the world.

Thanks RR. The videos are a treasure trove indeed.

8. AK

AK Member

Memories...

Tricia, my high school drama coach taught us that if we wanted to emphasize something we should wave a white hanky. Years later I learned he was gay. He would have loved Miss Patsy.

9. brenk

brenk Member

Patsy 911 call

The 911 call Patsy: "We Have A Kidnapping Here"
    How odd is that? I would expect mostly law enforcement people
    to use that description of a kidnapping not a mother.

kk :rolleyes:

10. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Don't Thank Me

It is my pleasure to provide Patsy UnPlugged. Did you catch her slamming Priscilla?! Did you catch her NOT recognize JonBenet's favorite Barbie nightgown that was found discarded in the basement beside her little dead body? Did you catch her constantly refer to John as John Ramsey? This first interrogation was months after the murder..........she could have sobered up a little by then.

From the first moment that I heard of this couple's daughter, my heart broke in two for them.........right up till their CNN interview. It is THEIR words.........not the friggin tabs...........not some swamp spinner........not Alex Hunter or Steve Thomas....:uthere: It was Patsy and John ALONE that have formed my opinion - LinWad and SueBenet are mere enhancements for my strength.

Now go watch John be all cordial and humorous during his interrogation.

At your Service-
    RR

11. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

That's my Miss Patsy! I wish she'd been wearing a tatseful pillbox hat while dramatically daubbing her eyes with a white silk hanky! Then suddenly she could just rise up majestically, having found her inner steely strength, and glide hautilly from the room! Just think of the drama! She might even through in a line like "This meeting is adjourned, gentlemen" or even better yet "Don't fluck with me, fellas!!"

12. Elle

Elle Member

Re: Psycologist

I have always thought this part was faked too. Why would a cool headed business man like John Ramsey let his hysterical wife make a 911 call when he would have been more level headed while speaking? Because he knew it would sound better coming from Patsy. She was better in the acting department than John. After all, she strutted the boards in a swimsuit, became Miss West Virginia. She was a pro in front of thousands; therefore she could pull off the 911 call much better.

When queried by Steve Thomas as to why it was Patsy who made the call. John told him this was how things were done in their house. Phone calls were made by Patsy.

That the Boulder Police let both of the Ramseys walk out the door of their own home the morning of the 26 Dec/1996 makes me very angry. Who in their right minds would spread three letter sheets of a ransom note on the floor so they could read them "BETTER!?" Ridiculous! Because it was under the hall light??? It would have been easier to read "held in his hands" approximately 4 ft inches higher under the light."

:mad: :mad:

13. Ilene-Sue

Ilene-Sue Member

I thought it sounded very odd when she said "she's blonde", and Patsy does not seem to be very upset- the hyperventilating seems very fake. But then again, Patsy is an experienced dramatic actress.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice