Gratitude and Remembrance - Jan. 10, 2004

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by RC, Dec 17, 2003.

1. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

January 10, 2004, will mark two years since Rachel Cooke disappeared while jogging near her parents' Georgetown, Texas, home. Friends, family, members of the media and law enforcement, and those who searched, provided donations, and supported Rachel's family in every way will gather at Faith Lutheran Church in Georgetown once again. We will honor Rachel, and the Cooke family will thank the thousands of people who have helped them through this awful experience.

A gathering will take place between 4:00 and 6:00 p.m. at Faith Lutheran Church, 4010 Williams Drive, in Georgetown, Texas, on January 10, 2004. Fellowship will take place from 4:00 until 6:00 p.m., followed by a candlelight prayer service at 6:00 p.m.

For more information:
    rachelcookesearch.org/2year
    rachelalert@yahoo.com

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I can't believe

it's been two years already, RC. My thoughts and prayers will be with you over the Christmas holidays and the difficult second anniversary of Rachel's disappearance.

3. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

RC, Just want to say...

Thinking of you, RC, and Janet and JJ and all the family and all the searchers.

Everything came back to me when that beautiful girl, Megan, was abducted in the Walmart parking lot in Tyler, TX. last week. I wonder where this perp was when Rachel disappeared?

Have you heard from MAC and the others who went to Indonesia? Is there a link where I can read about their trip?

4. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

TES got back on Monday. I was never sent any pictures of the trip but I hope to get some soon. Marie passed out the contains of our care package to the families there. It included snacks, candy, and a few other things.

5. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Rc

Glad to hear they are all home safe. Maybe MAC will share some of her experiences with us here.

6. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

My friend Marie gave out the contents of the "care package" we donated to children and families there. She also ended up giving them everything she had except the clothes she was wearing.

The teachers and kids still need pens, paper, calculators, and school books. We will probably put something together with our local schools to collect money and supplies. We have a thread on Rachel's Message board started.
    http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/rcooke/vpost?id=262317&trail=15#9

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice