Favorite Christmas Memories/Traditions

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

What are your favorite Christmas memories and traditions?

I'm sitting here watching the snow come down (and pile up) outside my window. It makes me think of days gone by when I was just a little girl and when my children were tiny-mites, too.

Christmas was always a magical event in our home when I was little. There was always so much warmth and love in our home, anyway, but Christmas was just wondrous. My first memory of life was on my fourth birthday. I got a little clothesline and clothespins to hang up my new dolly clothes. That's all I remember about that. I was the second of five children, so we had a new baby in our house to celebrate about every three years. My most vivid memories are of all five of us girls together on Christmas morning.

The magic would start a couple of weeks before Christmas when my dad took us into the snowy woods to cut down a Christmas tree. My dad was a powerful man with huge hands. He worked on the oil lease and walked those hills for many many years, so he knew where all the best trees were. My mom would bundle us all up and away we'd go. An hour or so later, we'd all come hauling that tree up to the back door, our boots and mittens and scarves full of little snow balls and ice, our cheeks rosy from the cold.

Then, my dad would do his thing, setting the tree is a big pail of water and securing it to clips he put into the wall while we got out of our snow clothes and hung everything over the floor furnace to dry and warmed ourselves. He was big on that tree not falling over. Then, he'd put the lights on it and we were free to decorate to our hearts' content. My mom would make cookies and hot chocolate, and everything was just dandy in our world.

The next couple of weeks were filled with anticipation. I snooped. So did my sisters, but we all acted as if we didn't. We knew where Mom hid our gifts - in an attic where there was no light except from using a flashlight. We would stick our heads in there and try to see, but all we could see were images. We seldom could make anything out, LOL.

We had an ice cream maker - one of those old fashioned ones (wasn't old-fashioned at the time) that you had to hand crank. We would trudge up to one of the creeks around us and chop ice from it. Then my mom would make the ice-cream and put it in the stainless steel container, and the cranking would begin. My dad would pack the ice in around the container and sprinkle rock salt on it as we cranked. We all cranked, and our arms got really tired. My dad did most of the cranking, especially as the ice cream hardened and it got harder to crank. Mom would make chocolate syrup on the stove, and we feasted on homemade ice cream and chocolate sauce. Yum. Life just doesn't get any better than that.

Church services were beautiful then, too. We all got to be in the church plays and sing songs. I always sang, "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam," because everyone loved it because I was "so darn cute" when I sang that song, LOL. My Dad would play his guitar, and one or two of my sisters and I would sing with him - usually Silent Night. Ahhh, the memories...

Christmas night we couldn't wait for it to get dark so we could go to bed. We would be so excited we wouldn't be able to go to sleep, but I think my Dad was even more excited. He and Mom would not just put our gifts under the tree - they created a storybook land for us to walk into in the morning. Then, at the crack of dawn, we would start - "Daddy, Mommy, can we get up, yet?" Sometimes it wouldn't even be the crack of dawn. About 5:00, my dad wouldn't be able to stand the suspense any longer, and he would go downstairs to light the tree.

We would walk down the stairs into a fairy land - gifts stacked high under the tree, along the walls, on chairs. One year I got a bicycle, another year a new phonograph. Every year we each got one special gift and lots of smaller gifts. We would put on our new pajamas, bathrobes, and slippers, which we got every year, pile our gifts into our own piles near the tree, and eat breakfast together. After that, we would eat all day, including a huge Christmas dinner, and play with our new toys or model our new clothes. Dad would play the piano and we would sing carols with him (no kidding, we really did). My dad's voice was beautiful, but my mother warbled, LOL.

When I grew up and had daughters of my own, I tried to make their Christmases as magical as mine had always been, and I always tried to make every day as warm and nurturing as Christmas day. Sometimes I pulled it off, sometimes I didn't, but I think every child deserves to carry the best feelings of Christmas in her heart every day of the year.

Enjoy your children and love them for who they are, not for what you would wish they were. Every crooked smile, every missing tooth, every growing pain will imprint itself on your heart. Savor every hug. They are too soon grown and on their own. Make their memories the best they can be, too.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

2. Watching You

What? No memories/traditions?

Well, here's a tradition for you.

One particular Christmas season a long time ago, Santa was getting ready for his annual trip, but there were problems everywhere. Four of his elves got sick, and the trainee elves did not produce the toys as fast as the regular ones so Santa was beginning to feel the pressure of being behind schedule.

Then Mrs. Claus told Santa that her mom was coming to visit. This stressed Santa even more.

When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two had jumped the fence and were out, heaven knows where. More stress.

Then when he began to load the sleigh one of the boards cracked, and the toy bag fell to the ground and scattered the toys.

So, frustrated, Santa went into the house for a cup of apple
    cider and a shot of rum. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered that the elves had hidden the liquor, and there was nothing to drink. In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider pot, and it broke into hundreds of little pieces all over the kitchen floor. He went to get the broom and found that mice had eaten the straw end of the broom.

Just then the doorbell rang, and irritable Santa trudged to the door. He opened the door, and there was a little angel with a great big Christmas tree.

The angel said, very cheerfully, "Merry Christmas, Santa. Isn't
    it a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you
    like me to stick it?"

Thus began the tradition of the little angel on top of the
    Christmas tree.

3. South

South Member

WY thanks for posting your lovely Christmas memories. I long for snow at Christmas, but living in the South, it is a rare occurrence. One of my favorite memories of Christmas sounds like an episode of Lassie. Two days before Christmas my niece's beloved dog disappeared. She was heartbroken. On Christmas day, just as we were sitting down to dinner, her Dad appeared on the porch, lwith the dog on a leash. Someone in the nighborhood had found the dog and called their house. We couldn't believe the timing of the dog's return- it was like one of those made-for-tv movies.
    Happy Holidays to all here at the forum.

4. purr

purr Active Member

i love, love heartwarming posts like this......

that is one of the best reasons for
    joining this forum.......

the sharing of personal thought and stories
    that are so touching......

and funny, funny jokes and humorous
    musings......

i love, love, love them.
    they all warm my heart.

thank you so much for your sweet
    christmas story, WY.
    i grew up the oldest of 4 girls, so
    i could relate to you and growing up
    with 4 sisters.

you have such a great way of writing
    and sharing and touching my heart.
    you are a great gift to me just for that.
    life has been tough for me lately......
    and YOU have made me smile......and
    then cry......good tears......warm-hearted
    tears of fond memories of my past.

i can tell you are a beautiful human being...
    and i can tell you are a wonderful loving
    mom......your kids are so Blessed!

and your have such a great, unique sense
    of humor......i bwahhhhh bwahhhhhh
    laughed out loud....a deep gut filled
    explosion laugh at your angel at the top
    of the tree musing.......thanks for that gift
    to me too.

laughter IS the best medicine...

something i want to ask you that
    i dont know about you.....

you talk about working at the college
    all the time...the students......
    are you a professor?
    do you teach?
    what do you teach?
    i would love to know.

at a later time......i will share some
    of my wonderful christmas memories/stories too.

i didnt want to pass up and not
    mention South's post.....
    i am a dog lover......i boohooed,
    cried big ole raindrop tears.
    at your Lassie story.....!!
    What a beautfiul Christmas miracle
    story......the Very Best.
    Thanks for sharing!!!

And i know what you mean about Snow......
    i have lived in Texas for the last 20 years, but
    i am now back in Illinois.
    Even though i was born in OKlahoma,
    i spent most of my childhood, in kansas, 4 yrs;
    colorado, 6 yrs; illinois, 4 years; texas, 4 yrs;
    back to illinois, 7 yrs; back to texas, 20 yrs;
    and now back in illinois.

i am a southerner with a northerner heart
    for winter weather.....i LOVE the seasons.
    i LOVE the snow........ when it snows
    here........it makes me cry it is so beautiful.
    and being the oldest girl....i always had to
    do the snowshoveling (along with dad's help)
    but i didnt mind...i loved it....we didnt
    have snow blowers back then.

we keep getting reports that we are going
    to get 3 to 5 inches of snow here......
    nada.....maybe 1 inch each time.....
    i am looking for the BIG SNOW
    where everthing is Covered, Covered with snow.
    i cant wait!!!!

isnt it ironic that what's her name
    went to mexico for the holidays??
    (what is her name?......having a short term
    memory loss moment) she lives
    up in the mountains west of denver.

anyway.......
    please.....all of you....bring on your
    christmas/holiday/advent memories.

I love them.

and WY, you are right...you dont
    have to be rich to celebrate Christmas
    or give monetary gifts......
    you are the epitome of that......
    your posts have been great
    gifts to me.....

thank you again from the
    bottom on my heart.

happy holidays ya'll,
    from the Christmas Kitty,
    purr

a wacky chatty christmas goose:

5. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

I have a great Christmas memory I'd like ot share with you all,

I was little around 4 I think. It was during the war and some things were very hard to get. The one thing I wanted that year was a bride doll. My Mom looked everywhere for a bride doll already dressed but couldn't find one. So she decided to make her own bride dolly for me. (All of this I later learned of course) She would sew at night after we were in bed and hide the dress during the day. I was too little to even have the idea of poking around yet. The hardest thing to find was the lace and netting for the veil. Well finally some lady in town heard from someother lady that Mom was looking for a yard or two of lace for a dolls veil and she called my Mom and offered what she had. She was a dress maker and even had the netting for the veil. The only thing she couldn't do for Mom was the actual sewing of the veil since she had several weddings she was involved with herself. So Mom ended up making the brides veil at night just like the dress. She was still sweing on it on Christmas eve way into the morning. I woke up and came down stairs to see what was under the tree. I heard some noises coming from a little room off of the bathroom that was used for storage. I snuck into the little hallway and peeked around the corner. There was my Mom sewing away by hand on the brides veil. I was so shocked at seeing someone there that I pulled back and ran upstairs back to my bed. My Mom was startled too but said nothing and didn't even move. She didn't know what to do. She thought I recognized her. Anyway when the morning came and I once again came down stairs to see what Santa had left me I found my beautiful bride doll just wrapped with a big bow. I was thrilled and picked her up and ran upstairs to Mom and Dad's bedroom and told them all about Mrs. Sants Claus being there in the middle of the night sewing on my very own bride doll. They were so excited for me. Dad asked me if I talked to Mrs. Claus. And I said no because I was so scared by her being there. Mam told me I was a good girl to have left her alone because she must have had a lot of sewing to do on Christmas Eve.

That memory is still so clear to me and for years I believed that I really saw Mrs Claus. As an adult my mother finally told me how hard it was to get the material and lace during the war and that she only received it late that afternoon of the Christmas Eve. That is why she was sewing so late at night after I was in bed.

I had a lovely childhood filled with good Christmases for which I'm so grateful.

Blessing to all of you and yours at this time of year.

6. purr

purr Active Member

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so sweet

what a great loving tribute
    to your mom by sharing
    that true christmas story!!!!

your mother must have been
    wonderful to find what she
    needed.......just for her
    special little girl......

again, brings tears to my eyes....

you guys are "killing me" tonight!

i LOVED that beautiful heartwarming story too!!!!

and so cute that you saw Mrs. Santa Clause.

isnt life wonderful!!!!

purring to all these great true stories,
    purr

7. Watching You

Bride dolls!!

Oh my, zoomama, what memories you bring back. I think every little girl's dream was to have a beautiful bride doll when I was a little girl. I finally got mine, and oh how I cherished that doll. We got baby dolls every years with the prerequisite accessories - little diapers, bibs, bottles. I grew up wanting a baby of my own, I really did. The baby dolls we got were not like the ones they have today - they were either made of rubber (or rubbery material) or hard plastic. Today baby dolls look and feel and pee like real babies, LOL. I think I had one that peed when I fed it, but it was hard plastic. I didn't care, I rocked that baby and crooned to it. I've always loved babies, I still love babies.

The bride doll was the ultimate, the doll we got when we got a little older and would take better care of it.

8. imon128

imon128 Banned

Midnight mass and making popcorn strings for the tree....:)

9. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

and me

hanging out my sister's and my room upstairs window...seeing a full moon and all the stars.... AND actually hearing Santa in the sky...gave me chills and we both hopped back into bed with the greatest of all feelings...security, love and joy !

10. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Memories

Something happened at Christmas 1996.

It was the only time that my heart ached for a woman on the news named Patsy. Her beautiful baby daughter was kidnapped and murdered in her own home as the celebration of the birth of Christ was winding down.

Then the New Year rang in with the distraught mother making her first media appearance. I was prepared to cry along with Patsy even though I was quite surprised that she could compose herself so soon after such a tragedy.

That should have been my first clue. But it wasn't.

Then she spoke. When the interview was over, so was my compassion for That Woman. That fake woman.

That Woman went on to side-step cooperating with the lawmen assigned to bring justice to JonBenet. There can only be one reason why. And that burns my heart.

So I do cherish Christmas of 96.........ignorance was bliss.

RR

11. Ginja

Ginja Member

Why I'm neurotic....

My earliest childhood memory of Christmas....I was about 4 years old and on the top of my list to Santa was a spinning wheel...one of those thingys women of the colonies used to spin thread...'memba? Anyway....

There was a little hallway between my bedroom and my parents. One night, just before Christmas, there was a loud noise that woke me up. I got out of bed and wanderd into that hallway and my god, there was the spinning wheel sitting right there! I jumped up and down I was so happy! Of course, the noise woke my father up, too, and he came into the hallway and nonchalantly asked me what I was doing awake in the middle of the night. Of course, I was all excited..."Daddy, Daddy, look! my spinning wheel!!!" My father denied it. That is, he told me I was dreaming. He said, "what spinning wheel?" There I am, jumping all around, pointing and touching it, saying right here! look! And my father keeps telling me there's nothing there, I'm walking in my sleep and I need to get back into bed! He picks me up and carries me back to bed and tucks me in. During all this, I'm trying to explain to him that my spinning wheel is sitting right there in the hallway...and he's telling me there's nothing there, I'm dreaming and to go back to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up, jumped out of bed and went running to the hall. No spinning wheel. I was all upset and went running into the kitchen to find out what happened to my spinning wheel. My parents of course continued to deny it all, telling me I had been walking in my sleep! They told me to calm down, Christmas was just a few days away.

Of course, I learned years later that my mother would store the presents up there on the shelves in that hallway and for some reason my spinning wheel came tumbling down that night. After my dad had put me to bed, he and my mother cleaned out the hallway and rehid all the presents.

Christmas is very different for me nowadays. It's hard for me to find any joy in it. Back in '93, I was engaged and not very happy. I told the fiance I could find better companionship with a dog (we were having an argument) and I marched out of the house and went to the mall. Lo and behold, there was a pet shop and I walked by and saw the most beautiful puppy in the window (remember the song, 'how much is that doggy in the window?). I kept walking and went into another store, but all I could think about was that puppy, so I went back to the pet shop and walked in. I went over to the puppy and just watched him. The clerk came by and asked me if I wanted to hold him. I said no, because I'd want to keep him. Of course she talked me into it. He was a maltese, and fit in the palm of my hand. I held him close and he just licked my face and wouldn't stop. The clerk said he really liked me because he'd been held by dozens of people all day and I was the only one he showed any affection. I couldn't help myself and pulled out the ol' charge card...$800 for him and a few more hundred because the two of us walked about the store and picked up all kinds of things, from beds to food to toys and clothes! I was right though...I found more love and companionship with that little puppy. I named him Maximillian and he was the joy of my life. My family told me I'd have been dangerous if I had kids. They were joking, of course, but nothing was too good for Max...from clothes to sunglasses to winter boots and oil portraits...he had it all. I took him everywhere...to the point where invitations to me would say, To Ginja and Max! On his first birthday, I had a huge birthday party, inviting every dog I knew...mostly family. Anyway...Max was my darling...he was born on Valentine's Day, 1993.

Two Christmasses ago, we got up (me, Max and his little girl Isabelle) and opened up our gifts. Everything seemed so perfect. The three of us were going to my mom's for Christmas dinner, so I dressed the "kids" in their red santa suits with little booties, and off we went. As always, Max would sit in my lap as I drove, looking out the window. That morning was no different, his tail wagging, barking every now and then as we passed cars that would beep at us. But then Max turned and got off my lap and went into the back seat. Belle jumped into his spot on my lap, looking out the window. I continued driving and as I came to a red light, I heard this "clunk" in the back seat. I twisted around to see what it was and there was Max, lying on the seat. I called out to him, but no reaction. I called out again....and again...and now I was screaming. He didn't move. I immediately got hysterical. As soon as the light turned green, I pulled off the road, jumped out of the car, and yanked open the back door and picked up Max. There was no life to him, but I wouldn't give up. I held him close as I got back in the car and drove to my mother's...and I talked to him the whole time...telling him he was too young to be pulling this sort of thing and to hang in there, everything would be alright. A few minutes later, we were at my mother's (I didn't know how to get to the vet's from where I was on the road, which is why I went to mom's). My step-father drove me to the vets...I just sat in the car, crying hysterically, holding Max close. When we got to the vets, I was told he was 'gone'. I was inconsolable. My step-father brought me back to the house where I got totally inebriated. When I went home that night, I walked around the house crying like a baby while I picked up all of Max's toys and things. I was so whacked out, I couldn't go to work the following morning. I remember HR calling me around noon and me crying uncontrollably, apologizing for not coming in or calling in...telling HR how foolish I felt to say I wouldn't be in because my dog died. It took me almost 8 months before I could come home from work and not cry.

Now I only cry periodically....like now. I have Max's picture on my desk at work and sometimes I catch myself just sitting here staring at the picture.

I have Isabelle to keep me busy...and now I have Beri, too. Both are delights...but neither is my Maxi. I miss him dearly.

Perhaps that's why I hate the Ramseys so much and I'm so passionate about the case. I loved that dog with the whole of my heart. Patsy could say the same about her child...but she doesn't mean it. I can tell.

12. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

A Cat's Tale

Figaro was our favorite cat. He was a master of derring-do, climbing to the highest branches of the neighborhood trees to catch squirrels, birds, and his sweetest delight, honeybees. He was a patient boy, too. He would spend hours teaching Roz, our fat adopted city cat from Denver, how to hunt. What fun it was to watch him position Roz on one side of a huge holly bush with a bird's nest, with him taking up a strategic spot on the other side, and pounce to send the prey Roz's way. She never caught anything.

Two days before Christmas, our little girls took homemade greeting cards around the circle to all our neighbors. As they were returning home, our nextdoor neighbors, Reverend Henry and his wife were busily loading packages into the trunk of their car for their trip to their daughter's home in Michigan. They took a moment to read the girls' card and wish us all a Merry Christmas. Then they were off.

On Christmas Eve Day, the girls woke up, and to their dismay, Figaro had not been in their room, his usual sleeping place, that night. They searched the house for him, high and low, then the yard, then the circle. No Figaro.

They walked up to the next street, where Figaro sometimes visited other cats and partook of their canned cat food. The teacher who lived there had not seen Figaro lately.

Christmas Day came, and the little girls were distraught because their beloved cat was gone. They managed to stop the tears long enough to play with their new toys.

As the week dragged on, despite many searches, even some in the car with Dad, their dear pet remained missing.

On New Year's Eve, Reverend Henry and Mrs. Henry returned home. We saw them go into their house, and immediately after, Reverend Henry emerged with Figaro in his arms. He was laughing out loud.

"We found this naughty boy at the top of our Christmas tree", he chuckled. The girls ran to embrace Figaro and Reverend Henry.

We surmised that Figaro wanted to spend the holidays alone, without all the noise, fuss, and chaos, so he decided to vacation right next door!

13. purr

purr Active Member

what a great story lurker.....my first fav memory

i just now had time to read it.

i love, love great animals stories.........

that was so wonderful.......what a great
    adventurous cat!

my first favorite memory of christmas.

i remember being in kindergarten......
    and i woke up one christmas eve......
    everyone was asleep in bed......
    and i walked down the stairs all by myself.....
    down to our living room where the
    christmas tree was all lit up.....

and i waited and waited for
    santa claus to show up.

i had figured that is all i had to do.....
    was be awake......and be there
    right when he arrived.

i thought i was a clever little girl.......
    who wanted to meet him personally.

i started getting tired.....so i unlocked and
    opened the front door.......to the most
    beautiful moon lit night.....i stood there
    for over an hour.......thinking maybe......
    i needed to have the door open....because
    we didnt have a chimney.......

well, he never came........
    i was so sad.....i thought........no santa this year.
    he missed our house.

so i went to bed......

and i woke up the next day.......to my surprise........
    santa had made it after all......
    lots of new dollies, and a doll buggy,
    and a play house......and so much stuff.

i was so sad that i had not got to meet
    him personally.....so i could thank him
    personally....i thought....i should have
    stayed up .......just a little bit later......
    the magic would have happened........!

sharing with you,
    purr

14. purr

purr Active Member

my saddest christmas memory...........

my saddest christmas memory was
    when i found out there was no santa...........

i found out during my sunday school class......
    after christmas was over.

i was in 2nd or 3rd grade or older....i dont
    quite remember since it was such a sad memory.

someone in my sunday school class told me.....
    and i didnt believe them......but i left my
    class crying......and i went down to the class
    that my mom was teaching......younger kids........
    and i asked her, and she told me the truth.

she said she would explain after class.
    i sat there and cried the whole class.
    the issue until after her class was over.
    and explained all that i did not understand.......
    because you see.........we wrote
    santa a letter each year and left with his milk
    and cookies.........and when we woke
    up the next morning....not only had
    santa sampled the milk and cookies......but
    santa always left us a note too......!!!!!

well, my mom explained that my dad wrote
    it left handed.....so it looked like santa
    was writing it with his cold gloved hands.

and she explained.......that my dad ate those treats....

wahhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhhhh

but she then explained the spirit of christmas...
    that santa really did live in our hearts.......
    and that made me so every happy......
    i have loved Santa ever since.

and i collect santas.......i have hundreds of them!

i found out several years later........there
    was no Easter Bunny.

i was a slow learner......ha,
    purr

sharing with you......artwork by ayeka.......
    her version of purr

she is a true talented artist...........
    she probably forgot she gave this
    pic/graphic to me........

15. Ayeka

Ayeka Member

Was reminded today

Of a household tradition... my mom used to make cookie-cutter cookies and then different coloured, somewhat liquid frostings. We used pastry paintbrushes to paint the cookies. My mom told me today that my sister asked for the recipes so that she and her kids could paint cookies. When my mom hung up, she started to cry. And then she made cookies to paint.

When she told me that I started to cry.

One of the funniest stories from my childhood was the year that my younger brother awoke before the rest of us (the other three kids and my parents). He stole all of the Lifesavers out of our stockings, perched on the back of the couch (backwards so he could look out the big living room window) and proceeded to eat more Lifesavers than any one child should. It was aggravating at the time, but we howl with laughter remembering it now.

Nostalgic,
    Ayeka
    ps. Purr, hee! :)

16. Niner

Niner Active Member

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Had to pop in and wish every one of you a Very Merry Christmas!!ornament:

and also share a Christmas memory!

We (my 2 brothers & 2 sisters) would always have to perform a skit, or play a Christmas song on the piano each year to get our presents! I always played a Christmas song and sang (in Latvian) on the piano! I STILL believe in Santa!!

Hope you all have a merry one! and hope the New Year brings you JOY! :flash:

17. purr

purr Active Member

another fav christmas tradition.....

my mom would make us the most
    beautiful nightgowns for Christmas........

and we would get them the night
    before Christmas...........

so we would wake up with them on and
    be so beautiful for all our
    christmas pictures.

they were made with the most
    beautiful flannel or soft cotton in christmas
    colors.....with a ruffle around
    the neck and wrist and hem.
    and decorated with pretty ribbons
    or rick rack............remember rick rack???

and of course, we have pictures of
    us all lined up......always
    in order from the oldest (ME)
    to the youngest......

guess what.......i got a red christmas robe
    for christmas this year too....
    for christmas pictures......
    i love it.......it is a sweatshirt robe.
    so soft, so comfy, so warm, with a hood......
    and with pockets...

hoping to hear from all of you......
    with your fav christmas traditions.......

hey, go jingle your bells,
    purr

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice