Lou Smit

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Spade, Dec 21, 2003.

1. Spade

Spade Member

In 1999, days after the GJ broke up, Ms. Spade and I spent an afternoon with Lou and Barb Smit at their home in Colorado Springs. I have kept silent about that meeting for years due to the fact that I had foolishly shared some of the info we had learned with Gail Gordon(GSquared) who then called Michael Tracey and deliberately lied about what I had told her. Tracey in turn e-mailed Smit claiming that I was saying that Smit believed BDI. Here are the important facts from my notes:

1. JonBenet's death was brutal and that is his foundation for not suspecting the parents.

2. JonBenet's body should be exhumed to prove/debunk the stungun.

3. Alex Hunter betrayed him by releasing his resignation letter. Lou had asked that it be kept confidential.

4. The "Shirley Brady e-mail" was the most important new evidence he had seen since resigning.

5. Wanted Tom Haney to be placed in charge of the case. Said that Haney was the best homicide detective he had ever met. (I agree with Lou.)

6. I asked Lou if the "intruder" could be a juvenile guest of Burke's and he responded "Absolutely!"

7. I asked Lou if the intruder could be Doug Stine and he responded: "Doug Stine should be investigated throughly."

8. Confirmed that JonBenet had been sexually abused.

In the 4 years since our meeting I have lost all respect for Lou. My friends in LE say that Lou is a disgrace to hard working police officers and refer to him as: "The spy who is too stupid to come in from the cold".

2. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

what?

what is the shirley brady e-mail?

well - I agree with lou on something - JBR should be disinterred and the stun gun thing should be laid to rest.

as for the brutallity of the murder making him believe the parents didn't do it - I thought he said he would follow the evidence where it led him. where is the evidence that anybody else other than the parents where involved? who put patsy's fibers into the rope knotted around JB's neck, on the tape over her mouth, in the paint tray? what does that evidence say?

he should do some research into the brutal murders comiitted by parents on their children. if he read here he would already know the reality of that situation.

3. Spade

Spade Member

IMO

all of Lou's actions from his "resignation" forward have been a pre-planned ruse between Alex and Lou. IMO that is why LE refers to him as: "The spy who is too stupid to come in from the cold." IMO This type of krap is typical of Alex's MO. IMO Smit has recently been taken off the hook by the Boulder DA's office and has put this case "behind him".

During my visit with Smit, I confronted him with my suspicions and the reasons for having them. He responded by complimenting me on my intelligence but would not confirm or deny.

In 2000, after the BPD had stated that Nancy Kreb's slander had nothing to do with the Ramsey case, Lou Smit and Ollie Gray interviewed Krebs and asked her questions about me. IMO they are both scumbags and Lou is a phoney Christian.

4. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Spade?

am I missing something here? You obsiously have an inside track on lots of info with this case.

What pre-planned ruse is there that would benifit Alex and Lou? Why would you mention it now?

Who is Shirly Brady and what is this about email?

I honestly believe I have folowed this case from Jan of 1996 and now here is some stuff I've never heard of. May I ask who you are, not your real name but what position you hold? And why drop all of this today?

Are you a tease is that it? I dont' get what you are trying to do here.

If I may be so bold as to say this, I feel that you are sort of slamming the rest of us with some kind of superior knowledge. Or is it just your way? Maybe many others know who you are and take it at face value. But this last note of yours has got me flummuxed!

If I'm wrong tell me so.

5. Spade

Spade Member

Zoomama

All statements are IMO:

1. The ruse was to get Lou close to the Ramseys in order to elicit a confession. I think that Alex thought a confession was the only way to prove the people's case.

2. Shirley Brady was Burke's nanny in Atlanta. The "Shirley Brady e-mail" implied that Shirley may have sexualized Burke at an early age. It was written by the ex-administrator of the nursing home where Shirley resides. I turned the e-mail over to LE during the GJ. I have no idea what they did with it.

3. Over the past year I have come to trust Tricia. I have posted the 1997, 1998, and 2000 police interviews with the Ramseys. the "Bonita Papers" and now the information from my interview with Smit. My intent is to inform; not to slam.

6. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Spade,

OK, I hear what you are saying. I trust Tricia too. If I offended you please accept my apology. I think your last post caught me off guard a bit. I'm very sorry I snapped at you.

7. brenk

brenk Member

Shirley Brady

Spade,

I have read about Shirley Brady before, but this is the first time
    I have heard this.
    I didn't know Shirley is living in a nursing home.

Pardon my ignorance, But are you saying Shirley may have sexually abused Burke?

If that's the case, I wonder how the ex-administrator came about this information?

Would you know or care to say, if the Ransey's were told about
    this information?

Thanks For Sharing,
    kk

8. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Lou's Left The Case?!

And there was no media blitz? No private pictures of death displayed as some of us where preparing breakfast for our children? Not the first press release?!

This really does not sound like the Lou we knew.........

RR

9. Spade

Spade Member

kk

Shirley and the Admin. were friends. She made comments to the Admin. that imply she UNINTENTIONALLY sexualized Burke.

IMO The Ramsey's are aware of this.

10. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Clarification

jameson has commented on this thread at her forum and as usual, she has twisted (or maybe just misunderstood) what has been said.

She said:-
    Spade did not say any such thing What he said was that Lou Smit agreed that it was POSSIBLE that a juvenile had committed the crime.

Neither did Spade say that Lou was FOCUSING on one of Burke's friends. He did however say that Lou agreed Doug Stine should be investigated thoroughly (as I dare say he would agree that many others should be investigated thoroughy).

I cannot understand how she consistently manages to twist people's words into something rather different. Does she do it intentionally or is it a comprehension thing? Her attempts to discredit people by twisting what they say will continually backfire on her.

11. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

Spade

How do you unintentionally sexualize someone, a little boy?????

Very interesting thread.

Jayelle...that's how hir keeps her 5 posters there...trying to make them see the light, ya know?

12. Spade

Spade Member

Unintentional

Shirley Brady is a very interesting character. She was a Baroness in Hungary prior to WWII and served as the nanny to King Fayoud's (?sp) children prior to being hired by the Ramsey's while Patsy was pregnant with Burke. She cared for Burke from the day he came home from the hospital. One of the key allegations of the SB e-mail is that SB was critical of the Ramsey's decision to have Burke circumcised. Shirley thought that was the reason little American boys "played with themselves so much". As a result of this belief, Shirley told the Admin. that she had "massaged" Burke's penis with cream for an extended period of time.

I have personally interviewed the Admin. over the phone and she verified the statments made in e-mail. I do not know what, if any, verification of these allegations has been done by LE.

RR- I have heard that Lou was told 6-8 weeks ago that his input to the case was no longer needed. I am unable to 2nd source however.

13. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

So Spade, Lou Smit's services are no longer required. Do you know who specifically gave him the case ax? Are we to assume then that IF Smit and his chit are no longer a necessity at the DA's office, that they have abandoned the search for the mysterious intruder? Do you know what, if any, other activity has been going on in the case other than Smit's exit?

14. Spade

Spade Member

I have

posted all I know. I think Keenan runs the DA's office, so she probably was involved. No one I know will talk.

Tom Bennett has a reputation of being an intelligent detective and a stand-up guy. IMO he has little time for Smit who is described by other LE as: " A disgrace to hard working police officers" and "The spy who is too stupid to come in from the cold".

15. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Bummer. It would seem Keenan's office has constructively abandoned the case even as Hunter and his staff did. I think Smit was good in his day, but that day done gone a long time ago. As for his Christianity and integrity, I agree, they are on the same level as the Ramseys.

How are those tapes coming at the labs? Are they close to certifying and notifying federal LE????? There are additional angles to the tapes that you would probably be interested in as well. Feel free to email me at dejanubee@hotmail.com for details, etc.

16. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I tend to get

a little distracted in the days before the holidays due to so many things going on, so I've missed the last few days of posts here. This is a great thread. If jameson has commented on it, you can be positive there is truth in it. Why else would she see fit to twist Spade's words and spin things the way she would like them?

A few things are coming together for me, now. How long ago did jameson announce she was leaving? It seems to all coincide with the timing of Smit's removal from the case. Was jameson also told to take a hike? I don't know, just wondering. It was around that time that jameson also started talking about investigators who were on the case, leaving Smit's name out. I remember wondering at the time what could have happened to her idol that she was excluding him from the list of investigators.

Since then, she has been making some pretty ambiguous statements involving the direction of the case. She still claims they are pursuing an intruder, but out the other side of her mouth she slips something in about "at this time." There's a lot more going on behind the scenes than she wants anyone to know, and it most likely is not all favoring the Ramseys if Smit has been told his services are no longer needed.

I've had no respect for Lou Smit since Alex Hunter brought him on the case. It was unlike anything I've ever heard of - a DA's office pitting itself against the police department. I never trusted Hunter or anyone in his office and always believed there were dark currents beneath the cool exterior there. I think Hunter deliberately set out to derail the investigation. The Nancy Krebs fraud may have been part of that attempted, and apparently successful, derailment.

Mame Suma met Hunter; Hunter, cunning manipulator that he was, recognized her gullibility and stupidity, and the race was on. She never knew what hit her, poor dramatic thing, she willingly became Hunter's pawn and she STILL doesn't get that she was used. That's my opinion, but I think if anyone ever gets to do any digging into that bit of deliberate interference in the JBR case, they may find there was a pit of vipers that resided in the DA's office. Some of them may still be there, who knows? I don't. I suspect at least one of those vipers moved in with a certain civil attorney...

Speaking of attorneys, does anyone know whatever happened to another certain attorney named Lee Hill who helped perpetrate the Krebs fraud? Seems he's fallen off the face of the earth, too. Imagine that...

I really must stop, now, I have good things to think, and Alex Hunter and Lou Smit give me creepy, bad feelings. If I continue, I might be here all day writing about those two. Lawd knows there is plenty to say about them, none of it flattering.

17. Ilene-Sue

Ilene-Sue Member

Sorry if this sounds like a dum question but who is admin?

18. Spade

Spade Member

Admin.

Admin. is the ex-administrator of the nursing home in GA. where Shirley Brady resides. She wrote the "Shirley Brady e-mail".

19. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Wy, IMO, Lee Hill's dirty work was done in Boulder and therefore he went deep undercover for obvious reasons. I doubt he'll surface anytime soon, but if he does, no doubt Boulder will look the other way with "plausible" excuses why they can't extradite him. IMO Hill is one who should be closely examined under the largest microscope one can find....

20. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Tom Bennett

I don't want to start a new thread for this, so I'll put it here:

Ramsey Investigator Now Aiding Bryant Prosecution Team

By Charlie Brennan, Rocky Mountain News
    December 23, 2003

Two of the of state's most highprofile cases in recent memory are now linked by the same investigator.

Tom Bennett, the former Arvada detective hired six months ago to help solve the JonBenet Ramsey case, is also contributing his services to the Kobe Bryant prosecution.

Bennett, who retired from the Arvada Police Department in 2001 after 30 years of service - 20 as a detective - was hired by Boulder District Attorney Mary Keenan in June to put in about 20 to 30 hours a week on finding the killer of 6-year-old JonBenet, who was found strangled and beaten in her family's Boulder home on Dec. 26, 1996.

Now, Bennett is also lending his expertise to the Bryant case, in which the Los Angeles Lakers star is charged in Eagle with sexual assault.

Krista Flannigan, spokeswoman for the Eagle District Attorney's Office, said Bennett's hours on the Bryant case - where all work is now geared toward preparing for trial sometime next year - are not fixed.

"He was just kind of called in for some assistance, as needed," Flannigan said.

A recent filing in the Bryant case shows that Bennett participated in a follow-up interview conducted with Bryant's alleged victim, a 19-year-old Eagle woman.

***snip***

Bennett, named top investigator in Jefferson County in 1990 and a veteran of some 2,000 investigations, was highly praised by Kathy Sasak, an assistant district attorney in Jefferson County.

"I have worked with Tom for the last 20 years, and, in my book, there is an upper echelon of investigators and Tom is in that upper echelon," she said.

"It's commitment, it's expertise, it's knowledge, it's all those things that you look for in a person who is investigating cases," Sasak said.

Bennett is not the first person from the Boulder District Attorney's Office to cross over into the Bryant case. Ingrid Bakke, a veteran Boulder sex-crimes prosecutor, was loaned to Eagle County for the case.

Additionally, famed criminalist Dr. Henry Lee, who consulted numerous times on the Ramsey probe and gained national prominence as a defense expert in the O.J. Simpson case, traveled to Eagle this past weekend to offer his expertise in the Bryant investigation.

As for Bennett, Sasak said, "He's one of those guys who, when you put him on the stand, you never are concerned. He has a marvelous command of the facts in all his cases. You put him up there and wind him up and let him tell what he knows."

***snip***

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice