Gene Wallis Parker

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Spade, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Spade

Spade Member

Gene Parker was one of the more interesting characters in the Ramsey sideshow. In December 1997, Parker was hired by Craig Lewis (then at the Globe) to polygraph Diane Hollis (John Ramsey’s secretary) to determine the truthfulness of a story Hollis wanted to sell the Globe.

Hollis’ story was that in January 1997, she had taken a call from “a woman†who wanted to talk to John Ramsey. The “woman†told Hollis that Patsy Ramsey had personally told her that: “Patsy had caught John molesting JonBenet again, that Patsy swung at John but hit JonBenet instead.â€

Hollis passed the polygraph exam with an 88% probability that she told the truth. Please keep in mind that the polygraph only verified that Hollis was telling the truth about the fact that a “woman†called her and told her a story. IT DOES NOT VERIFY THE TRUTH OF THE “WOMAN’S†STORY.

I interviewed Parker in early 1998 and he gave me additional details about his examination of Hollis:

1. The “woman†was Pam Paugh. Hollis had originally told the Globe that the “woman†was a secretary in Mike Bynum’s office.
    2. Hollis claimed that Pam later corrected her allegation that Patsy had said: “She caught John molesting JonBenet again†to “She caught HIM molesting JonBenet again.
    3. Hollis claimed that Pam told her that Patsy had told “himâ€: “I thought I told you not to do this anymore.†Before she swung and accidentally hit JonBenet.

In 2000, Parker went on Peter Boyles to tell this story and received a nasty letter from LinWad. He contracted Alzheimer’s shortly thereafter and is now unable to communicate.

In cross-checking Parker’s bona fides I found several serious misrepresentations. That is why I have held back posting this. However, the “woman’s†scenario fits the evidence known to the public and IMO deserves additional discussion.

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Knowing Pam's big mouth

I suppose there could be some truth in this. However, there's a lot of hearsay there, and I find it difficult to believe Patsy told Pam this story.

What an awful thing, if it were true, that a mother trying to protect her daughter, during a molestation committed by her own husband, accidentally hit and killed her daughter. If that were the case, Patsy probably would have had public sympathy and support had she simply come clean in the first place. So, why woudn't she? Did her husband convince her they had to cover for each other or they might both spend the rest of their lives in prison and Burke would be without his parents? That might even work for a while, but the Ramseys' relationship seems to have flourished (at least in public) since JB's death. Would complicity alone explain their dogged devotion to each other? Maybe. It seems there would be an enormous amount of animosity on Patsy's part against JR though - animosity that would grow over the years until it became apparent to everyone.

OTOH, if it were Patsy who hauled off and clobbered JB in a pique of rage, I can see JR pulling off the biggest coverup of the century - he's the focused CEO, he had the most to lose if scandal hit his household - a billion dollar business, stature in the community... I can see him covering for Patsy just to save his business and reputation.

I think it's a toss up - a coverup to be sure, but with Patsy as Heads, and JR as Tails, which was it? Heads or Tails? Or, was there a third internal influence in the equation?

I wish I knew, I wish I knew.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2004
  3. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

If John had been molesting JBR, and this occurred AGAIN, then Patsy, if she were to be honest would have to admit it happened before and DID NOTHING

If Burke had been molesting JBR, then I can see both parents covering for him as a mutual cause.

The Ramseys, Patsy especially, would find the disgrace to the family more important than telling the truth, IMO.

Personally, I lean toward the BDI theory, but always wondered what the scoop was on Grandpa Paugh? He seems to be nonexistent, then and now. What's up with him?

BTW, Spade, you likely already know this, but much of your personal info is being posted at Jameson's forum along with your Bonita papers.

4. Nikeo

Nikeo Member

Re: Knowing Polly's big mouth

I am confused, Spade said it was Pam, WY said it was Polly. Could they both have been told this by Patsy. I think that would be considered obstructing justice or holding back on evidence by both of them!

5. Adrian Monk

Adrian Monk Member

Pam Paugh's a piece of work

She put on this big Zsa Zsa Gabor act while collecting up evidence out of the Ramsey house, and ordered the accompanying police officer around like a private servant. "GET THESE GLOVES OFF OF ME, NOW!!!" She also lied to the cop about being a self-made millionaire when whe was not. The cop had to get her a Happy Meal at McDonald's before finally being rid of her, and as much evidence as Pam could carry off that day (ostensibly to "pick up clothes to wear").

A millionaire family can't just buy new clothes?

(Steve Thomas' book, pp 56 - 58)

Now, if Pam was snatching up a shopping list of evidence out of the house, she could have been planting false stories here and there either out of pathological lying (for attention), or simply as additional cover-up activities.

6. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

I tried to find the transcripts from the Boyles shows where Gene Parker was a guest. Was unsuccessful, have to dig a little deeper.
    However, I did find Cutter's page which does include a partial transcript.

http://gemart.8m.com/ramsey/polygraph/index.html

PARKER: Back on 11 December, '97 I was requested by a national newspaper to confirm the authenticity of a Diane Hollis, who is a former executive secretary of John Ramsey, as to her statement as to, ahh, what had occurred in, ahh, conversation in the Ramsey office.
    BOYLES: For the folks in our audience, what did Ms. Hollis say had occurred in terms of a conversation?

PARKER: She stated that, ahh, there was conversation going on with, umm, some remorse as to, ahh, what had taken place at the murder scene.

BOYLES: Could you go further, elaborate further from that, Gene, if you would?

PARKER: Ohhhh, let me see. I'm looking at a deposition that I wrote at the time and, uhhh, regarding, uhh, the accuracy of the examination. But, the gist of it was that, uhhh, "Were you told that John Ramsey was molesting JonBenet? That Patsy saw it, swung at John but hit JonBenet instead?" And there was a 88% probability that Miss Hollis was truthful with her "Yes" response utilizing an instrument of the United States Government polygraph for that purpose.

BOYLES: That's why this is significant. That, there's another very significant part of this as well. Again, if you would, Gene, the best of your knowledge who was Miss Hollis and what was her job working for John Ramsey?

PARKER: She was an executive secretary.

BOYLES: And how did she come across this information?

PARKER: That, at this point, with due respect to your very fine radio station, I would be unable to provide for you, other than the fact that records show that Miss Hollis was an executive secretary for John Ramsey.

BOYLES: And you tested Miss Hollis?

PARKER: Yes.

BOYLES: And when Miss Hollis told you what you've just told us that she said, she tested out which way, true or false?

PARKER: Way to the absolute probability of truthfulness. That same, the same question was formulated three different ways and to each of those three different ways, uhhh, she, uhhh, the results of the examination shows that she was, the probability of truthfulness was very accurate, in the high 90's. The examination took approximately three hours and the actual exam itself about, uhh, 5 minutes times 3 times that was given to her.

The same web page also includes a partial transcript of the show where Parker stated he was contacted by a Ramsey attorney to perform a polygraph, and they refused when he stated a prerequisite would be a urinalysis.

7. Spade

Spade Member

WY

Parker told me that it was Pam Paugh. No mention of Polly.

8. Thor

Thor Active Member

I remember when this came out and I think I still have the tab article on this. But I didn't realize the woman was Pam Paugh. Anyhow, I always wondered why nothing more came of this story. If this is true, the case is solved. I have always thought a male Ramsey was involved in what happened that night, and if it wasn't out & out murder, an accident/coverup was what happened. Patsy was always at the bottom of my list as far as "murderers" and the only way I could see her as being responsible is an accident of this kind here. Patsy was grooming JB to become Miss America and I just could never understand her killing her in a rage over anything. I could, however, very much buy this scenario. And I've always thought a male Ram was molesting her and that this was the heart of this crime, not simply bed-wetting.

Plus, if the molester WAS JR, this would explain the fibers from his shirt found in her underwear that he got so defensive about.

Why has this story faded away over the years? I firmly believe this could easily be true.

9. Britt

Britt FFJ Senior Member

Re: Pam Paugh's a piece of work

Good point, A. Monk.

OTOH, perhaps Pam was telling the truth to John's secretary thinking (if she was thinking at all) that the secretary was an insider who could be trusted, and Pam deliberately snatched up evidence because she was actively involved in the coverup with John and Patsy.

10. Twitch

Twitch Active Member

Well, this makes good sense to me.

John was the family meal ticket. Nobody in the Paugh family was gonna bring him down. I can see him manipulating Patsy not to say anything. Frankly, I've always found Patsy more believable than him. And I have no problem believing that Pam would spill the beans.

Those frequent trips to the pediatrician, John's golf buddy, were her attempts to bring the abuse to an end, or at lease to verify her suspicions, I believe. Wasn't the ped one of the ones JR made the "I'm so sorry statement to."?

The accident version would certainly fall into place with the theory of a cover up by attorneys and prosecutors.

Family dynamics are very interesting. I know in the South for sure we grow up believing that the family unit is the most important connection in our lives. Mine and Patsy's generation were taught that you protect your family at all costs and you NEVER divulge family secrets.

Those of us born pre-women's liberation also were brainwashed into believing that the male family head was the final word, no ifs, ands, or buts. You kept your mouth shut and carried on as best you could. Bet Nedra felt that way and we know how influential she was on Patsy's thinking. The irony of that social reality is that it helped breed strong women and patient women who could wait until the time when they might have to step in and pick up the pieces and save that thing most precious to them...their family. You endured the male bravado farce and you played the game because you had been brainwashed to believe that was the thing to do.

When I saw them on the religious program from my home town a couple of years ago, I got the feeling that Patsy was calling the shots. John was so uncomfortable being there. It was apparent he hated being there and I wondered why he was doing it.

For me, there are only 2 plausible explanations for this crime. 1) Burke did it and they are covering for him or 2)John was abusing JonBenet and Patsy killed her accidentally, leaving them forever entangled, stuck with each other's hate and lies.

As most of you know, I'm the one that first stated (at JW) that I had heard the extended 911 call. I know I heard it and I will never forget the anger in John's voice. He was mad not concerned or anxious about his missing daughter. I can clearly imagine Patsy taking over the situation and telling him what they would and would not do and that if he didn't agree she would tell the world what really happened. SHE was the one that called the police. SHE was the one that called the other friends over. SHE, I believe, was the one that wrote the ransom note. Take another look at it. Read the anger the writer displayed towards John. That was a personal thing, not the work of a stranger. "Use that good old Southern common sense John"...those are her words. Words she had used often in the past... words that, consciously or subconsciously she used to point to the real monster in this case.

Who turned the dictionary to the word incest in Johns study? John? No, why would he implicate himself or the only other male in the house, his son? They were so busy trying to give each other up that first day. Why did John try to implicate her as the writer of the ransom note? Why did he try to implicate her as the killer to Linda Arndt? Inside job indeed.

What about the heart on the hand? The fact that JBR had been groomed after the accident? The final rites of a bereft mother, not the work of a killer. And then there's that garrote. No woman would do that. I bet she wouldn't have a clue how to tie that knot. That was John's contribution to the murder and cover up - that and whatever final preperations he made that morning before the body was "discovered" by him. Maybe that's why she was so slow to view the body that morning when John brought it upstairs. She didn't want to see what he had done to her baby.

And finally(I'll stop now) there were the family statements concerning forgiveness by John Andrew and the scripture readings regarding forgiveness as the sisters surrounded Patsy and prayed.

This is all my opinion regarding a public event that has touched my life greatly. I was drawn to the case because Patsy and I are the same age and because I have a child the same age as JonBenet. I hope that Lin Wood doesn't try to sue me for stating my opinion because I have nothing except my opinion and one thing that I truly wish Patsy Ramsey still had - my beautiful child.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2004
  11. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Gene Parker

A year or so ago, jameson posted communications she'd had with Gene Parker. I'll try to find them tomorrow.

I know of another poster who has been in contact with Gene Parker.

12. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

This incest/accident scenario...

remains an outside bet.

Many suggest (from the autopsy) that JonBenet's head was cushioned from the blow that split her cranium.

If John heard Patsy coming, and quickly hid his daughter under the bed coverings-or if JonBenet was already under there for John's incestuous purposes- Patsy could have come in screaming, and swinging. Aiming for John's crotch. And hitting JonBenet's covered head in the process.

13. Spade

Spade Member

LurkerXIV

Don't forget this from my earlier post:

Hollis claimed that in a later call, Pam Paugh corrected her allegation that Patsy had said: “She caught John molesting JonBenet againâ€. To:

“She caught HIM molesting JonBenet again."

Hollis also claimed to Parker that Pam told her Patsy had told the “him†she caught molesting JonBenet:

“I thought I told you not to do this anymore.â€

All of this is attributable to the alleged Patsy to Pam to Diane to Gene to Me story. There certainly is more than one BS'r in that list but I'm telling the truth.

14. Adrian Monk

Adrian Monk Member

Re: Re: Pam Paugh's a piece of work

That is definitely possible. As long as this "insider" wasn't working for "Son-of-a-:(:(:(:(:( Tom Carson".

15. Adrian Monk

Adrian Monk Member

Re: Well, this makes good sense to me.

Do you remember the name of the show, and the approximate date it aired?

16. Twitch

Twitch Active Member

Oh Lordie Adrian

I took so much grief about that I have tried to put it behind me. I tried to investigate it some but got nowhere. I think it might have been Inside Edition. If anyone has a copy of the JusticeWatch CD I posted all of the info I had there. RiverRat and some others heard it and they might have more details.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2004
  17. Adrian Monk

Adrian Monk Member

Twitch

If it is Inside Edition, that would be good news, because I already have their contact info. All I'd lack then would be an approximate date.

18. Britt

Britt FFJ Senior Member

Approximately August/summer of 1998, based on the recollection of someone over at Purgatory who heard it. They figured it was leaked, aired very briefly and yanked.

19. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Nikeo and Spade

sorry about the confusion - I meant Pam, don't know why I said Polly. I will go back and edit my post.

20. Twitch

Twitch Active Member

Adrian

I think the other possibility I had narrowed it down to was Hard Copy.

If you have read this a million times turn away now!!!

At the time it aired I was getting Directv and local cable. At the time Directv aired local affiliates from all 4 networks throughout the country. So, even though I live in Georgia, I got local programming from stations in NYC, Washington DC, LA, Denver, etc. through Directv and my 4 local affiliates through cable. DTV would change these affiliates from time to time and at the time it aired I was getting an Erie, PA affiliate and I think that might be where I saw it. I contacted this affiliate and they told me the name of the syndicated show they were airing at that time.

I have tried tonight to link this to something else that was going on at the time but I can't. When I first posted it at JW Ruthee was still alive. Jellyjaws and I posted back and forth about it on the daily.

DOES ANYBODY OUT THERE HAVE A CD OR PRINTOUTS FROM JW THAT MIGHT CONTAIN THIS INFO?

If I did keep a print copy of the emails I sent and received re this I have long since thrown them away or misplaced them. Sorry.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2004
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice