Rachel Cooke and FFJ

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by Watching You, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

http://66.98.176.96/~tricia/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4023

Tricia is uncomfortable with advertising the things she does for others. There are very few who do know of her many kindnesses and her genuine interest in helping to find justice for everyone.

Tricia does not interfere in investigations. She doesn't seek notoriety - no one has ever seen Tricia write a post bragging about anything she has done. The moderators and admins on FFJ know some of what she does, but she doesn't even tell us everything. We often find out from some other source who was either the recipient of her good will or through press releases or people who were there.

All of it is done on Tricia's dime. She travels often, meeting with important people, she willingly contributes to causes she believes in. Tricia is the epitome of a successful women, and a classy one at that.

Tricia flew to Austin to be present with Robert Cooke (and I believe our own JR) at the press conference to announce the formation of a new task force to investigate Rachel Cooke's disappearance just over two years ago. Some members of FFJ, including Tricia and posters from Texas and other states, went to Austin to help with the search for Rachel in the early days of the investigation. There are things I won't talk about here that I know Tricia has done in regard to the Rachel Cooke case.

Tricia is not a saint and neither is anyone else. She is a superior human being with a huge heart - a heart that gets hurt but keeps on beating strongly, just because she believes in what she's doing. There are others who are working in the service of others along side Tricia. I won't name them, they know who they are.

The Cooke family has suffered greatly after the disappearance of their daughter, Rachel. Nothing can heal that hurt, but I think FFJ and those who have worked tirelessly (JR for one) to lift RC's spirits and give his family hope deserve a pat on the back for trying.

There's new life in the Rachel Cooke investigation. As always happens, right has trumped wrong, light has exposed corruption, and hope has shown her face once more.

Thanks, Tricia. You have been more actively productive than any other forum owner anywhere. Instead of sitting like a bump on a log criticizing everyone else, you have gone forward through some pretty troubled times. You make us proud to be part of it and happy to be going forward with you.

Do I hear an amen.

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Amen WY...Amen! This case has been very close to this forum because of the association with Rachel's father. JR brought this case to our attention here at FFJ, and we have all grown to know and love RC and Janet, and feel a portion of the pain they are feeling over the abduction of their daughter. It is way past time for a task force to look into this case. FFJ has been there since day one and will remain strong behind the Cooke family until there is a resolution.

3. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Tricia

Sheriff introduces team to solve case of missing teen

Parents request that inquiry not become a political issue in upcoming sheriff's race

By Sarah Coppola
    AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
    Friday, January 23, 2004

GEORGETOWN -- Ten criminal investigators, one task: Find Rachel Cooke.

That's the message Williamson County Sheriff Jim Wilson gave Thursday while introducing the team he's gathered to solve the case of the missing Georgetown woman.
    ...snip

"This is phenomenal," said Rachel's mother, Janet Cooke, as she shook hands with the investigators. "Rachel would be the first to tell you: Go get 'em, guys."

Janet and Robert Cooke, Rachel's father, had been requesting a special task force for more than a year. On Thursday, they had one final request: that their daughter not become a political issue in the upcoming sheriff's race.
    ...snip

The investigators are: Sgt. John Neff, Detectives Rick Blackmore and Scott Ehlert of the Austin Police Department's cold case unit; Fred Rhea of the FBI's Violent Crimes Task Force; Byron Sage, a retired FBI agent; Detective Lamont Navarrette of the Georgetown Police Department; Detectives Nora Maxey, John Foster and Assistant Chief Deputy Fred Thomas of the sheriff's office; and an officer yet to be chosen from the Texas Rangers.

<b>Tim Miller of the missing-persons search group Texas EquuSearch and Tricia Griffith, who runs a criminal case discussion Web site, will consult on the case.</b> (emphasis mine)
    ...snip

Cooke's parents had criticized the department's handling of the case under former Sheriff John Maspero. Any lingering bad feelings seemed to be erased Thursday.

<b>"Everybody here is here for the right reasons," Miller said. "Rachel's case is far from over."</b> (emphasis mine)

Anyone with information about Cooke is asked to call the sheriff's department at 943-1300.

http://www.statesman.com/metrostate.../metro_state_f3ff1bc9d1b140de003f.html?urcm=y

Amen WY. Tricia was invited to be here for the press conference yesterday - by the Sheriff's Office. That says a lot. JMH&CPO.

4. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Just to add my two cents. Tricia has been calling Sgt. Lumas for the past year and a half requesting the task force. Between Tricia, Janet and me, and the public, they knew the demand was there.

I really appreciate her efforts and her rushed trip to be here for the press conference.

As always, I also appreciate JR and her work. JR always comes through when we need her the most.

5. Watching You

You're so right, JR

Tricia holds much respect among LE and others involved in finding missing children and their abducters, JR. She was asked to be in Austin for the press conference because she has credibility with those in power. She has earned that credibility with her actions, not empty words. She probably has more information in her arsenal than anyone on the forums, but she keeps her confidences with integrity. If someone asks Tricia to keep a confidence, you can't torture it out of her. She's a real professional and it shows.

6. Watching You

Yes, RC

I have a special place in my heart for JR - she knows that. She is a dogged fighter for justice, and she doesn't know the meaning of the word, "quit."

If, God forbid, I ever have to face the loss of a loved one through violence, I want both Tricia and JR on my side fighting with me. They are a formidable twosome. We've got some really good people on this forum.

Oh, how I hope the task force has just half the drive of RC and his supporters. I have a positive feeling about this task force. After all that's gone before, they have the opportunity to start the healing in the Sheriff's office in Austin with their dedication of finding out what happened to Rachel and bringing her abducter to justice. I am really psyched about this.

7. Twitch

Twitch Active Member

Here's my Amen.

JR knows I'm crazy about her. She is one hell of a woman. She is always there for anyone who needs her...even if its just a cyber hug. She's a fine, strong woman.

Tricia - well, I said it before and I'll say it again(whether she likes it or not)...she is my hero.

8. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Y'All need to stop now before my head needs it's own Zip Code.

Knowing that Rachel's case is being kept active is all that is important here but Trica - now that one is something else. I too want her on my side if I ever have a problem. I agree Twitch - she is my hero too.

9. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

RC, J_R and all those dedicated to protecting children are heroes as far as I'm concerned.

What can I say about Tricia?? She's just too much!! Ummm, don't want to make Mrs shadow jealous.

10. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

True Victim Advocacy

That is what I believe Tricia's mission and accomplishments are as she is an advocate for the victim. She provides a voice on their behalf - and if need be - provide an enhancement of another's voice on a certain 9-1-1 call.......whatever it takes, whatever it costs and always for the Victim's benefit. And no - JR never does stop, does she?! Not that I have Ever noticed!

I an truly thankful that FFJ turned out to be a forum where this kind of activity would be natural/normal.

Thank you all -
    RR

11. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

OMG I just woke up from sleeping pretty much 24 hours. What a wonderful thread to start my day or night or whatever.

Guys you give me waaaay too much credit. All of you bust your behinds too. More than I do in many ways.

JR is a trouper I'll tell you. If we need something she drops whatever she is doing and it gets done.

RC it was an honor to be with you and Janet at the press conference. FFJ is ready and willing to assist the task force any way possible.

Tricia

12. Watching You

Not enough, Tricia

you can't fool us, we know you spend every waking hour in the service of others, or at least thinking about it. You stand tall above the others; in fact, you shine.

It is an honor for us to be associated with you and FFJ. It's all about integrity and doing what's right. You have made it about the victims, not egos and self-promoting agendas.

FFJ is moving forward with new resolve and purpose. I'm happy to be part of it, Tricia.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice