New 911 lab update

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Good News/Bad News

First the good news. This is brand new. So take it for what it is worth.

According to the lab I hired to filter the Ramsey 911 tape, Patsy Ramsey says at the very beginning after the operator answers, but before she speaks, the following,

"God. Hon we need 'em."

You know the part that we could never understand? That sounded like garbled words? That's what the lab says Patsy says.

There are many ways to take this. Was she telling John they needed the police? That can't be right because John claimed he told Patsy to call the police.

Could it be Patsy was trying to convince John that they needed to call their friends? Their lawyers? I just don't know.

Now the bad news. Sort of ...

The tape the lab received was an un-opened copy from the D.A.'s office. According to the lab trying to decipher the end of this copy of a copy of a copy is trying to see through mayonnaise. However they are going to work on it this weekend. I'll report back as soon as I know anything.

Tricia

2. Twitch

Twitch Active Member

Geez, Trish.

This is at the very beginning of the tape? Before anything else is said?

Wow, she is referring to John as hon? Short for honey? If this is truly a term of endearment by her directed towards John, this could very well blow my major therory to hell and back.

Well why is he :(:(:(:(ed off then and who is he :(:(:(:(ed off at? Is he mad because she is calling the cops? The friends? Is he mad at Burke and not her? Jesus, why won't these people just confess?

PS Dont be thrown off by anything John tells anybody...but you know that.

3. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

Thanks Tristan.

This mayonaise????

Wow, like Twitch, I didn't think they used terms of endearment like that...unless she was talking to Burke?

4. Twitch

Twitch Active Member

Hey Sparky.

Damn good point there. I never thought she might be talking to Burke.

5. Tricia

Patsy: God......hon we need 'em.

Patsy: “Police.â€

911: “What’s going on ma’am?â€

Patsy: “755 15th street.â€

911: “What’s going on there ma’amâ€

Patsy: “We have a kidnapping. Hurry, please!â€

The "god" is very quick. In fact you can barely catch it. It almost sounds cut off.

6. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Tricia, did the lab give you any indication of the tone of voice and emotion with which this comment by Patsy was made? IOW, if this brief comment was spoken calmly, rationally, comfortingly, then, when the dispatcher answers her call, she immediately becomes hysterical, that would be significant. If, however, the "God. Hon...we need 'em" phrase was spoken in the same hysterical tone she used with the dispatcher, we have a consistent state of mind. This could be important, as it could link to motive/intent/premeditation/conspiracy re cover up.

7. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Sparky,

You beat me to it. First thing I thought was that she was speaking to Burke because I also didn't think they used terms of endearment to each other...And look at what this situation was all about. I mean that phrase sounds completely normal and not the high strungness of her Help me Jesus help me Jesus. And maybe she was speaking about the friends at that moment. (I still maintain that calling her friends over at that time is one of the strangest things about this case or any other case)

8. Tricia

DejaNu you can hear the tone of Patsy's voice by clicking on the "Listen to the 911 tape" thread. It's the very first part. It sounded like garble but now that I know what it says I can plainly hear it.

I would say she sounds upset. It wasn't calm. It fact it's all slurred.

9. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Re: Sparky,

I can't wait any longer, there is no way in hell I can let all of you people belive that's what's being said; when it's blatantly clear to me (and has been for a few months) what she actually said before she realized 911 had already connected.

I have that portion slowed to the point that you can hear each word seperately and it's obvious (to me anyway) that she said "hurry right in".

I have the clip slowed down but don't know how to post it, if anyone knows how and can help me, please don't be shy; I don't usually bite; I just don't want these results to sway people who've never thought to 'listen carefully' to the portions of audio that were deemed too unclear to try to transcript; I heard it clear as a bell my third time listening to the slowed version of the 911 call.

Listen for yourselves, repeately if you must, please post your thoughts and responses so that I can get an idea on who thinks what was said. IF Patsy is saying "Hurry right in" this is another point that we can prove she was lying, it wont put her in jail (unless it's for lying under oath) but at this point where those two are in this world I WOULD NEVER WANT TO BE. Everyone who's intelligent enough can see they know more than they will admit to knowing about; whether they killed her or one of them did it, or neither, they know all about it and aren't willing to tell. That's scary.

10. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Ha!

well, jameson did say there was something at the beginning of the tape. I just listened to the tape again. Whatever happens at the beginning must be extremely fast, because I can't catch it.

I did, however, once again hear Patsy saying Help me, Jesus several times at the end. I'm going to listen to it a few more times to see if I can catch it.

This is all very interesting...

11. Watching You

JustinCase

do you have an actual tape that you can slow down on a tape player? If not, how did you slow the tape down? I've been trying to do it on my computer, but I can't find a way.

12. Adrian Monk

Adrian Monk Member

Re: Sparky,

It isn't strange to call friends over for emotional support after you know you've had a tragic death in the family. If you have a so-called "kidnapping" situation, it's definitely one of the strangest behaviors imaginable because you'd want the police team to have as much peace and quiet as possible, as few distractions as possible, and all considerations take a back seat to getting the loved one back. I think this behavior of theirs makes it obvious they both knew exactly how dead JonBenet was and where she was, before even dialing 911. "And hence" staring at Officer French through splayed fingers, checking his reactions to the situation, etc.

13. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Re: JustinCase

WY: I used a program called Cool Edit Pro, my BF had to pay for it but if you go to www.download.com you will be able to search "in downloads" for audio programs;
    Heck go to this page:
    http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=audio+&tg=dl-20

Choose the program you think is easier to use and download it, some are shareware and some are freeware; some are even cooler but for some reason they won't download.

Jen

14. Watching You

Thank you

I'll go tomorrow to check out that software (tired, going to call it a night, now). I want to try slowing the tape down, too.

LOL, I copied that tape to a CD, thinking I might be able to play it on my stereo and hear it better through my big speakers. Didn't work. I'm no electronics genius, that's for sure. My CD player holds five discs. It skipped right over the one I made from the computer. There must be a way - I just haven't figured it out yet but I will.

Good night, allya.

15. Tricia

Justincase I'll see if the lab guy can send me his slowed down version. Maybe then we can hear how he came to his conclusion.

If Patsy is saying, "hon we need 'em" she could just be talking to John. This could be absolutely nothing really.

OR

She could be talking to Burke who is asleep.

OR

It could be what Justincase heard and therefore changes everything...

I have confused the issue more....

You're welcome.
    Tricia:)

16. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Originally posted by Tricia
    Justincase I'll see if the lab guy can send me his slowed down version. Maybe then we can hear how he came to his conclusion.

Good, I can tell right now it's going to be interesting enough to see where the hell they got "God, hon we need em" from "Hurry right in" I am positive that only three words are spoken in that particular section. I even went back and listened to the original and tried different effects to make it slower, clearer, reduce hiss, reduce pop's and eliminate that crackling; I still can only hear "hurry right in", I wonder if it's because that's what I WANT TO HEAR?? I know that I've always suspected someone else was in the house and left momentarily through the back and came around to the front; the only logical person I could think of was John Fernie, who ironically enough parked in the back after arriving seperately from his wife; WHY?? Were they not at home in bed together when the call came in?? Why would they take seperate cars??

I have confused the issue more....
    You're welcome.
    Tricia:)

Thanks a bunch, but the real mastermind of confusion shall remain nameless because she has an ego the size of Texas, and the last thing I want to do is make her feel like I'm complimenting her skill at killing her daughter, covering up, and successfully avoiding prosecution for seven years; had she been as poor as Susan Smith her :(:(:( would be in some womens prison and claimed by a big, dirty looking lesbian lady named Susan.

17. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Adrian Monk,

Also re: the strangeness of having the number of friends over at a kidnapping would defeat keeping the "crime scene" as pristine as possible. To the public eye at the beginning of this whole crime it was for all intents and purposes a kidnapping with a ransome note. So why on this green earth would you invite your friends over to contaminate the whole house by having them run around upstairs and down looking for JonBenet. What kidnapper leaves his victim in the same house he has entered and kidnapped from? Huh! How on earth could the perp claim ransom for a victim that he didn't even take out of the house?

A long time ago on the old Justice Watch someone started a thread asking for what all of us thought were strange things that went on with this case or just what did we think was strange about the case. I responded as did about 3 others that the calling of friends over had to be a very VERY strange behavior. And now that I think of it why didnt' the police shoo everyone away so they could investigate, search, and wait for the the kidnappers to call? Was a phone line even tapped so they could get the number? I dont' recall. Anyone? Was this treated as a kidnapping from the get go? I'm beginning to think right this moment that it wasn't. I think the police thought the ransom note was bogus right away.

But Adian your point about having over your friends when there has been a tragic death is well taken. Yes, they knew it wasn't a kidnapping but we the public didn't yet.

But the police not shooing them all out of the house or keeping them from entering certain parts of the house to preserve it is very strange.

I have also been thinking that there must have been someone else in the house that left before LE arrived. And that person is probably the perp or was someone they are protecting.

But 7 years to protect someone when their own lives are falling apart, ...no work for John, hated by many in the country, despised by another group because there was child molestation involved. What are they gaining now by being silent? They are able to walk around freely. But is it worth it to them to be silent all these years? I think if we could know some of that we would know a lot more about this case.

Something else has just occured to me. You know the old cop theme about when a crime has been committed....follow the money. WEll, did anyone ever do that here. With no income and all sorts of new houses and selling them and moving where are they getting all their money? It's expensive to move. It's expensive to buy a house and fix it up. What do think. Would following a money trail help us here? It just this minute occured to me as I write this.

18. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Re: Adrian Monk,

Originally posted by zoomama

I have also been thinking that there must have been someone else in the house that left before LE arrived. And that person is probably the perp or was someone they are protecting.

Or it could have been someone they contacted to get rid of evidence, or it could have been someone who they called to 'make it go away' so to speak; it's clear that John Ramsey felt that because of his success with AG that he had some influence on public opinion* (Media appearance behaviour combined with the wording of his letter to the public)

*He did, just not the effect he anticipated.

But 7 years to protect someone when their own lives are falling apart, ...no work for John, hated by many in the country, despised by another group because there was child molestation involved. What are they gaining now by being silent? They are able to walk around freely. But is it worth it to them to be silent all these years? I think if we could know some of that we would know a lot more about this case.

I think IF someone else HAD done it and they were covering up for them, that person would have to have been atleast twice as wealthy and would have had better contacts than John; if John's contacts were anything to shake a stick at, none of us would know about the murder and it never would have made it to national news.

Something else has just occured to me. You know the old cop theme about when a crime has been committed....follow the money. WEll, did anyone ever do that here. With no income and all sorts of new houses and selling them and moving where are they getting all their money? It's expensive to move. It's expensive to buy a house and fix it up. What do think. Would following a money trail help us here? It just this minute occured to me as I write this.

This is like and extension of my last paragraph, it seems plausible to assume that money is a major factor in the elusiveness the killer has had with authorities; not because they don't know who killed JonBenet, but because that person has successfully managed to keep the word from circulating as fact; only someone with A TONNE of money would be threatening enough to keep a large group of people with key knowledge quiet.

19. Adrian Monk

Adrian Monk Member

Re: Adrian Monk,

Problems started early on, and the official story that they want you to believe is that the BPD "just plain screwed up". Well, maybe... Think on this: At the extreme early stages John Eller demands that detectives treat the Ramseys with the utmost respect, that they were VIPs and normal police procedure would be deviated from in their case. That killed any notion of sending the friends home (and you're right, anyone who's watched an episode of COPS knows that anyone not involved as a witness, a suspect, or a victim, needs to be GONE from the scene!) Okay, so now you're a police Commander and you have a wealthy family with their little girl kidnapped, and you do what, leave ONE LONE DETECTIVE at the house, and bottle up all your other resources in a MEETING?

We did some discussion here before, about Occam's Razor. Well that Razor cuts both ways: it cuts away at excessive COINCIDENCES. The "coincidences" pile higher and deepr with each tick mark in the timeline. The connections that pile up between John Ramsey, Mike Bynum, Pete Hofstrom, and Alex Hunter are a matter of record. Steve Thomas writes in his book that Hunter had built up a literal EMPIRE of power in Boulder, and that the local media didn't even dare criticize him. He was a millionaire businessman prior to becoming DA, and word was, the business of the DA's office there, was business. He was a mediocre litigator and didn't have a good grasp of statutory law, but his big strength was negotiation and backroom strategy. Rocky Mountain Machiavelli, if you will.

Now, if the obvious dot-connecting from Ramsey to Hunter can be sustained (and they can), and from Hunter to senior leadership at BPD (e.g., Tom Koby, and possibly Eller), the picture gets a little clearer as to how non-coincidental the "mistakes" the morning of 12/26/96 might have been.

Door #3 opens into a room with yet more doors to open.

Hunter calls Koby, Koby calls Eller, and voila, Eller tells his cops the Ramseys were to be treated like gods walking the earth and normal police procedure didn't apply. VIPs. "Credible millionaires" he even added.

If the DNA on the body is legit, then that would have to be the scenario. If it really did get there through a "factory sneeze", then the next most probable person to have been there before the police would be Mike Bynum, if anyone at all. The Fixer. The "Mr. Wolf" character for any of you who have watched the film "Pulp Fiction". He might have even directed the staging based on what he knew of forensics and evidence.

I think you answered your own question: they are able to walk around freely AND collect enough cash here and there as table scraps off of Lyin' Wood's banquet to where they'll still never have to work again. If another was involved as the DNA might suggest, by whatever means that other would be able to implicate them in some stuff that would be bad enough to where they could only wish they were just murder suspects again. They DID pimp JonBenet visually through the pageants, for a sash and a tiara. That much is fact. It's not a huge stretch to speculate what else they might do if the stakes were, for example, a BILLION IN SALES for the business.

It's also possible that the DNA is unrelated to the murder, but even then that wouldn't necessarily exclude the possibility of an additional party whose interest in the cover-up was sufficient to cause Mary Keenan to directly obstruct justice.

Number of detectives that investigated the Columbine shootings (where it was pretty obvious who did it and why): 150.

Number of detectives (officially) investigating the death of JonBenet Ramsey: less than one full-time equivalent (one guy also pulled off of that work to help investigate Kobe Bryant, who as "COINCIDENCE" would have it, is also represented by Haddon, Morgan, and Foreman!)

Something is very very wrong with this picture.

LOL, well, the first time I heard that phrase it was attributed to Bob Woodward when he investigated Richard Nixon for his involvement in the Watergate break-in. (There's an example of a conspiracy theory which, voila, DID turn out true!)

To a certain extent they do have income from the libel banditry carried out by Lyin' Wood. At first I was concerned because tort bandits normally take about 40% on contingency, which would make the Scamsey share of the ill-gotten gains 1.5 times greater than what Wood was using to buy Jaguars and race horses. HOWEVER, I thought later on, the Scamseys are not Woodie's only clients, and Woodie is the Scamseys' only known meal ticket, so it would make sense if Woodie were in fact richer than them at this point (if he has three or more clients, he mathematically would be). The Scams only get a cut when Wood can help a publisher collect their insurance coverage in a settlement. For this reason I hope Fox doesn't settle. I hope they litigate, flood Lyin' Wood with motions, and bury him in his own paperwork, hoist him on his own petard.

Anyway, the Scamseys' finances, currently, are probably not enough to make a credible bribe to Korrupt Keenan to erase the 911 tape. And the erasure of that tape would not be necessary for self-preservation on Keenan's part. Two down, three to go. Either the big Boulder Cabal decided to do what was "in the best interest of the child" and cover up to protect Burke, because deep down inside they're just soft-hearted nice people (cue the violins and daffodils), or Woodie offered Korrupt Keenan a Kut of the Kash (call it the WOK4 theory), or, and this is a longshot, maybe somebody else's voice is (also) on that tape, somebody the corrupt DA's office would have a continuing motive to protect. My favorite here is the WOK4 because it does appear to be simplest and easiest to imagine.

20. South

South Member

If Patsy is saying Hon, we need em, hon may be less a term of endearment and more a habit. Some people in the South call everybody hon or honey.It doesn't necessarily mean you like the person, so even that you know them for that matter.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice