Letter from Tom Miller (don't miss this)

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

How did this little morsel escape our notice?

Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Vince Carroll
    Rocky Mountain News
    Editorial Page Editor
    100 Gene Amole Way
    Denver, Colorado 80204

Dear Mr. Carroll,

Nothing about the photographs in the Kobe Bryant case parallels the autopsy photographs of the tortured body of six-year-old JonBenét Ramsey. There is media fascination, and there was inaccurate commentary by Jeffrey Scott Shapiro on page 31 in your July 29 newspaper. Young Jeff Shapiro’s article attempted to compare the Kobe Bryant matter with the injustice meted out to
    JonBenét Ramsey. In the Bryant case the district attorney is not buffaloed. Charges have been filed. There will be a trail. The criminal justice system is at work in Eagle County.

Jeff Shapiro was a rookie investigator for The Globe, not the lead. He was new, suspect, and justifiably fired. He congratulates himself as having brought about the prosecution of a tabloid editor and a Boulder attorney --me. The lead tabloid editor who was also prosecuted in my case got all the injustice money could buy. He faced the same bribery charge as I, plus an extortion charge for which Jeff Shapiro can take credit by having
    surreptitiously tape recorded his employers.

The day after Dave Thomas’ re-election as Jefferson County District Attorney the charges against The Globe’s editor were dismissed. The Globe’s lawyers arranged for a $100,000 bribe, paid by American Media Corporation, to the unaccredited University of Colorado School of Journalism. The reporter
    received a raise, moved to Florida, and went to work for one the corporation's other supermarket tabloids, The Star. I went to trial, was acquitted, and am now practicing law in Colorado.
    I have always believed and publicly stated that Patsy Ramsey should have been indicted because of the ransom note in Patsy Ramsey’s handwriting. Patsy Ramsey wrote the note. That was my testimony in the Ramsey case. If I were the District Attorney of Boulder, I would extradite and indict the Ramseys.

If John and Patsy Ramsey had not purchased the political influence of Jefferson County District Attorney Dave Thomas, my proof of Patsy Ramsey’s authorship of the ransom note may have prevailed. Instead, the Ramsey’s accused me of bribing their handwriting expert by trying to buy the note. I did no such thing. The Globe editor had hired me to look for the ransom note
    with him. I did. Later, I identified Patsy Ramsey as the author of the ransom note. That opened my life to the TOTAL WAR of the John and Patsy Ramsey defense team and public relations juggernaut.

Young Jeff Shapiro had absolutely nothing to do with bringing about my prosecution in Jefferson County, as he claims in his editorial. The Ramseys paid their lawyers, Hal Haddon, Lee Foreman, and Patrick Burke to demand my prosecution. For the record, my three day trial, wound up in an acquittal in less that 30 minutes after the jury ate their state funded lunch.

Having faced the ferocious wealth of the Ramseys, I cannot afford at present to run against the Ramsey-owned Boulder District Attorney, Mary Keenan. But if I could, and I was elected, my first official act would be to extradite the Ramseys from Georgia, and to indict them for the murder of their daughter. I would expose the ransom note as Patsy Ramsey’s work. They would stand trial.
    I must thank young Jeff Shapiro for having made his erroneous analogy, with erroneous facts, to bring to the surface the utterly solvable and solved JonBenét Ramsey case.

Although we all grieve the exploitation of rape and murder victims, I am embarrassed that once again JonBenét must be rolled over in her dark little grave for all of us to share another 15 seconds of fame.

Yours very truly,

2. Watching You

How did this

get past old eagle eye Limpwood?

Great balls of fire.

3. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Wow WY

Well, Bravo to him! Great find.

As far as Lin Wood: Don't believe for one minute that it got past him. I am sure he saw this before the first morning paper sold that day.

I would think that he either:

kept quiet about this in order to NOT bring this letter to the limelight like you just did (thanks, great work) so as not to further more discussion with more people commenting with possible anti Ramsey rhetoric

He just legally can't do anything about this as Miller's Constitutional rights would prevail in the court and more important, in the public

He is looking for a loophole to sue and weighing the profits involved vs. the work needed (let's not forget that he's busy now with Condit)

Whatever..... but this letter is a keeper for sure

Thanks

4. Watching You

Jeff Shapiro

is a self-promoting, creepy little jerk. He's interested in nothing except making money for himself.

5. Watching You

Can't claim

that I found the letter, though I wish I'd seen it before now. Candy really slipped up on this one, LOL. She posted it at CS. I didn't copy it from there. I went to the original website and copied it.

The groupie forum Strikes Again, yeehaw.

6. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Let me be another voice from the gutters of FFJ. This is a great find and a remarkable statement from Mr. Miller. I'm packing to move to Boulder so I can vote for him right now! What is interesting is that Mr. Miller claims the Ramseys bought the power of Dave Thomas to land where they have. I have been studying Boulder politics with special attention to their City Council sitting at the time of the murder. This will provide me another lead to explore. You go, Mr. Miller, Lin Wood be damned!

7. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Re: Wow WY

Nah...more likely the :doughboy: knows a <i>trial</i> lawyer would eat him alive and that Tom Miller wouldn't settle out of court. JMH&CPO.

8. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

WOW

You go DOC !

Why do something really hit the papers and other things don't?

Maybe Jameson can explain this to me.

Thanks WY.

9. Watching You

Keep checking

over there, Sparky. She'll probably put up a brand new thread answering your question, hahahahahahahaha.

This happened last July. I can't believe Candy didn't zone in on this sooner. She knows how we all depend on her. Lawdi, we could have been ripping and tearing on this long ago.

I wonder if we could hire Lin Wood to sue Candy for dereliction of duty for not finding this letter sooner.

10. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

to bring to the surface the utterly solvable and solved JonBenét Ramsey case

Bears repeating......and repeating and repeating and repeating..... The UTTERLY SOLVABLE JBR CASE....

11. Adrian Monk

Adrian Monk Member

Miller's letter is another voice to corroborate Fleet White's affidavit of what transpired in the Dave Thomas case. And if it IS true, there's at least a branch of the conspiracy right there.

I'm not so sure about the "ownership" of Mary Keenan. I'm thinking more in terms of a partnership in crime: Woodie sues people, and Keenan organizes the "evidence" in such a way to support Woodie's claims (e.g., erasing the 911 tape), for which Keenan gets a cut of the money. That's Occam-Razor-proof in simplicity, with a minimal number of players. Of course, as you follow the trail of the money, to Alex Hunter's business dealings, the enigmatic UC School of Journalism (unaccredited), and HMF, then a cast of certain other characters hop on like dust bunnies on a mop.

12. Watching You

Money?

I don't know, Adrian Monk, I'm not so sure about money passing hands. I do think, however, that after all these years, I've finally learned the meaning of "Muskrat Love." You know, Lin and Mary.

13. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Uh, Adrian, I can't quite make the leap you pose between LW and Keenan either. The wheels were set in motion on this case long before Keenan and the WOODpile came on board in their current capacities, so my best guess is whatever the extent of the conspiracy, it's just follow through that we're witnessing now. Besides, LW is so greedy I doubt he'd split the booty with anyone except his horses....

14. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

The Boulder DA's office has been and still is inept (and possibly corrupt). Hunter's relationship with Shapiro was bordering on obstruction of justice and one in which 99% of the DAs in the United States would resign before doing. Shapiro is a weasel. The fact that Miller's case went to trial tells me a lot about the "good-old-boy" mentality and justice in Colorado. Whether the Ramseys had anything to do with the death of JBR or not, they are self-centered, publicity seekers who have always been more interested in their reputation than who killed their daughter. And the ongoing JBR exploitation would have ended long ago except for the Ramseys and Lin Wood.

I'd like to see the "Right-Wing" Prince William County VA DA at work in Boulder for a few months (the guy who prosecuted the Belt-Way Sniper). Hair would be standing up from one end of Boulder to the other.

15. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Shadow, my friend, you have been on my mind the last couple weeks. Glad to see you posting; this has got to be the longest one in awhile. I couldn't agree with you more; the VA DA rocks!

16. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Yep Shadow....

I have to agree totally with your post here on this thread.....A good final assesment of the situation....minus all of the conspiracy theories....
    Voyager

17. Watching You

OMG, Shadow

you have written what is in my brain. I agree with you 150 percent and add the ineptness and possible (strongly possible) corruption in the Boulder DA's office extends far back into Hunter's reign as DA. He was in that job way too many years. That kind of power for so many years very often breeds corruption. That place is filthy.

18. Adrian Monk

Adrian Monk Member

I respect your opinion, and I will respectfully disagree. What was set in motion was to halt the wheels of justice, and Keenan has given every indication that she has zero intention of letting them go back in motion.

I can see only four motives a DA would have for obstructing justice:

1) A personal philosophy that is anti-justice (unlikely)
    2) Personal ties to the protected interests (also unlikely)
    3) Money (likely in my opinion)
    4) Self-preservation (wouldn't make sense with the 911 tape erasure)

This would have been a new alliance forged by Keenan and Wood after they took over the obstruction mantle from Hunter and HMF. Stage 1 was to keep Scamseys out of jail. Stage 2 is to go in and extort money from the media. On rereading your post, it seems you might have been confusing the two when it comes to my theory.

19. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

That's A Great Letter

We all know what a weasel Jeff Shapiro is. He has a bad reputation among the media, and hasn't held a steady job since he was fired by the tabs.

20. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Adrian: "On rereading your post, it seems you might have been confusing the two when it comes to my theory."

No confusion, just disagreement. No evidence.....Sorry, I'm a realist.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice