PR for the Ramseys?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Jayelles, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

If Lin Wood or the Ramseys are reading here, then I hope they will read this post and take it on board.

At the start, the Ramsey lawyers' first reponsibility was to keep their clients out of jail - a fact acknowledged by John Ramsey. At the start of any investigation there is a period of uncertainty during which the perp will have no idea what evidence has been recovered by the forensic teams and so THAT is a period of time during which the perp will lie low.

In the Ramsey case, there has been a lot of evidence leaked. there was a Grand Jury and no indictments. The Ramseys have since progressed from trying to stay out of jail ... to trying to clear the names and restore their reputations. The evidence alone cannot do that - otherwise they would have been officilally cleared by Keenan. Now, Keenan did acknowledge that the evidence they have points more to an intruder than it does to the Ramseys, but this is a carefully worded and open-ended statement. On coming home from a weekend away, I might say that my kitchen looks more as if a bomb has hit it than two teenagers have been preparing their meals. That does not mean that the teenagers are innocent of the mess! Keenan added to her statement that the Ramseys were NOT being excluded from the investigation and this is confirmation that the evidence in favour of an intruder is not strong enough to clear them.

In the public eye, the Ramseys are the couple who placed themselves above the investigation into the brutal murder of their darling child. They may be innocent and they may be decent people, but their actions are perplexing to most people. It is a FACT that they placed unreasonable conditions on meeting with investigators and it is a FACT that negotiations over these conditions delayed the interviews by 4 months. It is also a FACT that with every passing hour after a murder, the chances of finding the perp are diminished. The Ramseys have acknowledged no error on their part, instead, they point the finger at others and this is not an appealing character trait in anyone. They have moved and moved and moved again. Few of their friends have spoken in their defence - most have chosen to remain silent. Possibly, they distanced themselves from the bad publicity which attached itself to those who did involve themselves. The Ramseys will certainly have discovered who their true friends are. They have had to deal with people who have 'befriended' them with ulterior motives - only to betray them later on. How must it feel to have someone develop such an obsession with you that they need to know every detail of your life? People who have spent practically every day for 7 years obsessing about the Ramseys and ......the BORG.

The Ramseys may never face charges for the death of their daughter and as long as they aren't officially cleared (either by evidence or the arrest of an intruder) they are in limbo - forever "under the umbrella" in the public eye so to speak. In Law they are given the presumption of innocence but their reputations have taken a hammering and they might feel they want to redeem their reputations. This will not happen as long as people like jameson, Margoo and Ashley are speaking on their behalf. These guys are their worst PR nightmares! Some of them have proven that they are mean and dishonest, some are downright vicious, some jump in with both feet and make enormous gaffs in their postings. Some appear to be out of touch with reality (Margoo thinks someone is stalking her now although I'm not sure that she understands the legal definition of stalking). What they all do though is obsess about the BORG. Basically, the Ramseys need this type of supporter like they need a hole in their head. jameson posts relentlessly about the evil BORG and it is patently clear from reading her posts, that the evil BORG is basically anyone who dares to question the actions or motives of the Ramseys. It would appear that nowadays, jameson is unable to make a single post without attacking the BORG in it. Reading some of the threads at jameson's forum is like reading the unmentionable Shakespeare play where some witches are plotting and cackling around a cauldron. Except, in jameson's forum, the witch-like characters are cackling about and slagging off the BORG - who are the very people the Ramseys want to win over.

At this time, the Ramseys NEED supporters who will not alienate people by being antagonistic. When we are talking about public opinion it is a fact that you will catch more bees with sugar than vinegar.

These guys are trying to 'sell' Ramsey innocence and non-involvement. A car manufacturer doesn't sell cars by insulting those who don't buy them - by calling them names or threatening them or by launching an advertising campaign which portrays their non-customers are ignorant and evil. People are more inclined to listen to a reasoned and non-inflammatory approach.

A politician doesn't insult those members of the electorate who didn't vote for him and his party. If he has any sense, he will calmly continue to present his case in the hope that eventually, these voters will come around to his reasoned way of thinking. If he antagonises them, the chances are that he will alienate them for good.

When I first came on the forums, it was jameson's forum that I found first. I had seen Tracey's first documentary and was 100% in sympathy with the Ramseys. I was greeted with suspicion by jameson who accused me of being GSquared. It was a confusing time because on coming online, I encountered another side of the argument which I hadn't gleaned from Tracey Doc I and I had reasonable questions. As a newcomer - not only to the case, but also to the Internet forums, I found jameson to be antagonistic. However, I adored Sweebie who listened to my questions, didn't insult me for raising them and reasoned with me in an adult and non-antagonistic way. Because she behaved in a reasonable way, I considered her to be a reasonable person and was therefore MORE likely to listen to her arguments and be influenced by them. I find myself doing the same with Tipper who is a non-aggressive, intelligent and reasonable pro-Ramsey poster. She posts sources to back up her arguments and she is not afraid to concede that there are questions which have not been answered in a satisfactory way.

John Ramsey may well have denied ever hiring a PR firm and jameson may have joked about charging the Ramseys for providing PR but if Lin Wood or the Ramseys are serious about winning over hearts and minds about Ramsey innocence, they need to distance themselves from these unsavoury sharks who presume to champion the Ramsey cause. One could be forgiven for believing that some of them are only in this for the fight against the BORG and that they couldn't care less about justice for JonBenet.

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Let me be the first

to commend you on your post, Jayelles. To me, reading at jameson's forum is like taking a bath in acid. She has single-handedly done more to alienate posters against the Ramseys than any other poster on the forums.

After reading the Ramseys' book, though, I don't think jameson and the Ramseys are so far apart with their animous toward others. There were many times I thought the Ramseys had an elevated sense of entitlement, whether from LE or us beer can collectors. It should say something that they chose to praise Bennett in their book, maybe not knowing all her history on the forums, but at least knowing how she viciously attacked the BORD (they mentioned the BORG in their book) and spoke with authority about their personal family business she could have no way of knowing about.

It wouldn't matter to me if the Ramseys went on TV and publicly denounced jameson and all she has said. The damage has been done. Both jameson and Lin Wood have left a horrible impression on the public - Wood with that arrogant look on his face and his arrogant bully talk; jameson with her incessant attacks on anyone who doesn't believe the way she does. The Ramseys hired Lin Wood and he continues to speak for them. That tells me all I need to know about the Ramseys. They like his holier-than-thou, in your face approach, because that's the way they are. That's what they liked about jameson until she betrayed them, too, by becoming one of those "tabloid whores" she loves to cut to pieces.

It's too late for anyone to clean up the Ramseys' image. They started the negative PR themselves by going on CNN a few days after their daughter's murder. They have continued the negative PR by giving Susan Bennett status in their book and by hiring Lin Wood, who has bragged about the new cars and money the lawsuits have brought him. While I totally agree with your post, it's too late for the Ramseys to close the barn door. All the horses got out a long time ago.

3. Elle

Elle Member

Great posts!

Reading over both of these great posts, it's difficult to add anything, but I can mention that some new posters may be wondering why the anti- Ramsey group are called"The BORG" by Jameson (?). Not everyone watched "STAR TREK" the science fiction TV show of the 1960's. Of course several movies have also been made with the same title "Star Trek" and this helped get the message of the BORGS out.

The "BORG" race are a civilization of people linked to a collective consciousness , following one mind-set and they are incapable of independent thinking. John Ramsey "Death of Innocence" ..Hardback...page 307.

4. Jayelles

Elle

The irony of the use of the word "BORG" to describe people who question the involvement of the Ramseys is that THEY are the independent thinkers. It is the Ramsey supporters who have the collective think and on jameson's forum it is anyone who doesn't tow the party line who is labelled BORG and who gets the heave-ho!!

The RST are definitely more like Star Trek Borgs than any others!

5. Elle

Elle Member

This is true!

You're very wise! This should be posted over at Jameson's;)

6. Jayelles

7. purr

purr Active Member

brilliant post Jayelle

thank you.

i did go to your link to listen to THAT lady.

i did not understand the last word she said.

could you please post a transcript of what
    she said.

thanks,
    purr

8. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Well Reasoned and...

well written post Jayelles....Though I have rarely ever read at Jameson's forum, enough reports about her ill behavior and slimey tactics have been reported at JW and FFJ over the years, for me to be able to come to the same conclusions that you have....

Both Jameson and the Ramseys have made huge mistakes in trying to defend themselves over these past years....from the very beginning when they co-operated with the photo op at the Sunday service after JonBenet's death to the early and eager appearance on CNN, declaring the search for a dangerous intruder....

The Ramsey's in their quest for good PR, have long overestimated their own intelligence, their understanding of human nature, and especially their own acting skills....IMHO, the Ramseys are slow learners....

Voyager

9. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Jayelles,

That is a very thoughtful post. Yes, it is true that the Ramseys are their own worst enemy. The did it all to themselves and right from the start. They spun and wove a concept that has no truth to back it up....except an old tired man who imagined lots of things and took that spin and wove a cloth that will hopefully cover them in their own lies. Maybe like Harry Potter's invisible cloth hmmm.

Purr, I think what "that lady" is saying at the end of that blurb is this, "The computer is borg". The whole thing is this I believe. "If the spectrograph reveals voices at the end of that 911 tape then I will have to conclude that the computer is borg". The sound quality is not good but that is the best I can do on it.

10. Elle

Elle Member

Last word by Robot Jameson (?)

Like Purr, the last word was not all that clear to me, but "BORG" would fit in there nicely. Thanks Jayelles.

11. Jayelles

Last word

It's BORG. Sounds more like BURG though! This software is a hoot.

12. purr

purr Active Member

thanks you all.............for

that last word...........BORG.

could jameson have darker circles under her eyes???

she must be on her computer 24/7...

geez, louise!!!

purr

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice