JonBenet's last outfit FOR American Girl doll??

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by JustinCase, Feb 6, 2004.

1. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  2. Elle

Elle Member

I thought JonBenét's top was just an "outline" of a star JIC not a filled in star. Who said it was JonBenét style? I didn't see this in the advert!

3. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

From Page 1 of the autopsy report,

"The decedent is clothed in a long sleeved whit knit collarless shirt, the mid anterior chest area of which contains an embroidered silver star decorate with silver sequins"

I don't see where it mentions anything about an outlined star.
    Did you see this somewhere else? I really need to get all the books, I'm waiting on the Police Files but I've got PMPT, DOI, and ST's book. I also just got the 1997 vanity fair magazine that contains the 9 page article (both sides about 18) I just can't remember seeing anything about the star being outlined.
    It's possible that I made this assumption based on the artists 'sketch' of JonBenet though.:)

4. imon128

imon128 Banned

The picture of the shirt you posted looks like the one JB was wearing, in the artist rendition of JB after she died. I used to have that sketch but can't find it now. I'm sure it must still be on the net, someplace. Also, I think Patsy said she got it at the Gap for JB. Of course, Patsy says lots of things, LOL. Anyhow, good find!!

5. Elle

Elle Member

JIC I can't quite remember where I read this, but I just came across a sketch in one of Ruth's pages on the Acandyrose site, and it does look exactly like the one you have posted above. If I Come across anything relating to the outlined star, I'll post it. Are the sales people making any reference to JonBenét at all? Just curious!

6. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Elle,
    You probably just saw the artists sketch; that's the only visual I've ever had of the shirt; weird eh?? Let me know if you find anything, that's certainly something that needs clearing up (for me anyway):D

The web site does not in any way mention JonBenet, they probably have no idea how 'famous' this shirt could be.
    American Girl dolls were removed by Pam Paugh with the paintings, I'm wondering WHY they were removed and if maybe Patsy had one dressed like JonBenet was dressed or something?? I just don't understand what other significance this doll collection could have, Patsy had just purchased another doll that's similar to the American Girl doll; My Twinn dolls, like American Girl dolls emphasize the whole "dressing alike" by offering matching outfits in kids sizes.

7. Misty4

Misty4 Member

8. Elle

Elle Member

Same one!

Yes, Misty, this is the same one at Ruth's. Are you the same Misty whose name is under this? I'm sure I have posted with you before on CN2. I know your hat is very well known in this case. :)

9. Elle

Elle Member

This is exactly what happened JIC. "Death of Innocence" ...page 3

Word for word: Patsy rearranged the gifts in JonBenét's stack so that a very special box would be opened last. Inside was My Twinn Doll, fashioned to look like JonBenét from pictures Patsy had furnished the dollmaker, with a couple of matching outfits so JonBenét and the doll could dress alike.

For sure, I would never buy a gift like this for my younger granddaughters. jmo

Patsy was disappointed that JonBenét didn't think the Twinn Doll looked like her and quickly returned to a jewelry craft set she had opened.

10. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

There are some differences

in the two shirts, but the design looks similar. The artist's sketch shows cuffs on the shirt and I don't know if she was trying to depict a sweater-like material or not, but the shirt in the sketch appears to be a soft, thick fabric, as a sweater or Polortec shirt might appear.

The picture shows T-shirt cotton or cotton-blend fabric with no cuffs to speak of.

Not that any of this makes a difference; just thought I would point it out.

11. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Elle,

Yep, that's what I thought.
    The American Girl doll is very similar to the My Twinn and I'm thinking it was just another thing Patsy bought JonBenet that she would have liked for herself, she didn't know JonBenet at all if she thought she might like to dress just like a doll; JonBenet was (around the time of her murder) rebelling against dressing like Patsy, so why on earth would she buy her a doll to dress like, did she think JonBenet disliked her taste in clothing??

This is all confusing me when it could be a gift Patsy really felt JonBenet would like, I remember seeing in a previous Christmas photo that she got a life sized doll and she absolutely freaked, maybe Patsy was hoping for the same reaction??

12. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Wow, I totally forgot about this thread!

I sort of get the impression (from this thread) that I found a connection between the shirt JonBenet was wearing 12/26/96 and an American Girl Doll shirt, I can't quite remember what happened with all of this so I'll go see what I can find...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice