From Patsy's 98 interview

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by JustinCase, Feb 17, 2004.

1. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

I thought Patsy owned a JAGUAR? Why is she saying BMW?

ALSO

John and Patsy were in New York on the day of the parade?? The application says December 6th, I don't see a trip to New York on the timeline at acandyrose and was just wondering if maybe someone else knew anything about this.

2. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

the full excerpt (that I typed anyway)

Sorry if this has already been posted, I think this whole section is really interesting in terms of gauging Patsy's willingness to change the subject or trail off into oblivion; she has a real hard time answering direct questions and seems to add in whatever she liked at the points where she trails off, she's so out there at this point it's difficult to tell if she's medicated or if she's in some kind of psychoses (SP?)

Sorry to bug if it's already been seen,

Patsy Ramsey
    June 24th, 1998
    Interview @ Broomfield Police Department

TH: We touched briefly yesterday on the pageant that JonBenet was in, we talked about the possibility of some parent. Could you talk to us a little bit about how these pageants were set up, how – what kind of security, if any? You know, how much – start with how were they publicized? I mean, is it a preset group of people that’s involved?

PR: Very small. It’s open to anyone, but they don’t have a tremendous number of recipients. The first way I learned about it was seeing it listed in Colorado, was through a make-up artist in Denver where I was having my make-up done for a Boulder publication and we were talking about our children. She had two girls and they did the pageants. I said “Oh, you know, where are they? do you know where they are?â€

And so she told me about her experiences with them. She said she would call or give me the name of someone who did a couple of them. So I subsequently called – I think the first one called was – I can’t remember the name. Anyway, there were two different ones. And they had events coming up in the next month or so. So I kind of inquired about it, and went down and entered.

TH: And when would that have been, the first one?

PR: Like spring- or – spring of, spring, spring of 95 or 97? I don’t remember.

TH: So, you would have been involved about a year and a half then?

PR: Right.

TH: That’s great. So help me, did they have like a national organization that has like an
    umbrella over everything?

PR: Right, right, this was – they have a national group, and they would have these local events.

TH: Qualifying or something?

PR: In a hotel, you know, in a hotel and they would have staging, you know, dressing rooms and all that kind of stuff. And they had different categories you would like, you know – mostly modeling and the reason we did it was because we did the ones that would have talent, like singing, and that kind of thing.

So then for these, like they have a western category and all the girls would wear like a cute western outfit. And they have sportswear and that would be kind of a dress – you know, so they had these little categories. And they were by age group. JonBenet was in the 4-to-6-year-old age group. And 10-12. So they weren’t competing with anybody much older than they. And you kind of just do that all afternoon, and at the conclusion of the day they would announce winners in different categories. One of the categories was photography, you know, the portfolios. You know…

TH: Did they, when one of these pageants was held was there a program that was made up with photos?

PR: Yeah.

TH: Vital information, name, address?

PR: No, I don’t think it had the address. It would just have their names. You know like here are the 4-to-6 contestants, JonBenet, Susie, blah, blah, blah, blah.

TH: And that was distributed just at the –

PR: At the day of the event.

TH: You said these were open to anybody. Was it like a paid admission or –

PR: Yeah, I think they charged a little something to get in. Yeah. But mostly just parents and relatives. Yeah.

TH:You had only been involved in it a short period of time?

TH So, I don’t know, did you have a feel for the people who were there, were they unusual folks, I mean it’s a – I am guessing, kind of small group –

PR: Uh huh.

TH: - that regularly competes?

PR: Yeah, yeah, you know, the kind of same ones would be in a lot of these events.

TH: But how about some unusual face in the crowd?

PR: You kind of get to know each other. You know, like, “Oh, yeah, hi, saw you last
    time…†or you know. Sort of get to know people. It’s not that we knew each other very well.

TD: I am particularly interested in the Amerikids performance, and that was only a few days before Christmas, right?

PR: (nodding)

TD: A short period before Christmas?

PR: This was which one, at the mall?

TD: That’s the Southwest Plaza Mall?

TD: Is that out in the open? Are there walkways at the mall?

PR: It was an atrium sort of an area, in the mall. Where they apparently had activities going on.

TD: Right so people that are shopping in the mall can walk by and see the show?

PR: Correct.

TD: So that was offered to anybody just walking by?

TD: So there wasn’t any sense of – there wasn’t any security and control of who was observing this particular performance?

PR: Uh-uh.

TD: In other words, anyone walking by and they saw JonBenet, could they find out who she was and where she lived?

PR: I don’t think so. No.

TD:… Did JonBenet ever complain of anyone at the pageant, did she ever tell you somebody bothered her?

PR: No.

TD: Anybody act peculiar around her show?

PR: No.

TD: She was also in the Christmas parade, right?

PR: Uh-hum.

TD: She was on a float with a couple of other girls?

PR: Yes, it was a car.

TD: Okay. Oh, she was sitting in a car?

PR: Yeah.

TD: Was her name displayed anywhere?

PR: Yes.

TD: And who was she in the car with?

PR: My car with the driver, it was a BMW, and JonBenet- and I wasn’t there, I was in New York at the time, John and I were out of town, but my parents took her, and there were these little girls from Amerikids.

TD: So there were maybe four or five girls?

PR: Yes.

TD: Sitting up on the back of the beemer?

PR: Yeah, right. I can’t remember their names. I would if I saw a picture somewhere.

TD: Okay, now were all of their names displayed on the side of the car?

PR: I believe so?

TD: Okay.

TH: How about birthday, Christmas, any time of the year JonBenet had been sick, had she gotten any get well cards, birthday cards, Christmas cards? I mean not a family, a regular, somebody that you would expect to have her get a card from? I know that’s covering a lot of territory, but –

PR: Well, the only one that comes to mind is a letter that she – after we had come home from the lake, there was, you know, some mail there and there was a letter from Bill McReynolds.

TH: That was in ’96?

PR: Uh huh, in ’96.

TH: At the end of the summer then?

PR: Right?

TH: Okay.

PR: And of course, I opened it and it said that he was – I believe he was about to go into the hospital for open heart surgery, some kind of pretty major surgery, and he was going to take along with him, the bottle of sprinkle dust, prayer dust that she had given him when he was at our house at Christmastime, and –

TH: Christmas 95?

PR: The previous year, right. And just that meant a lot to him, and I guess he just wanted us to know he was going to surgery. I mean I thought – I mean I was surprised that he was going into surgery and I thought it sweet that he sent us a card.

TH: Announcing his surgery or –

PR: Yeah. I Kind of got the feeling like if I don’t make it through surgery and I don’t see you again, I always enjoyed being with you all, you know, something like that.

TH: But it was addressed to –

PR: JonBenet.

TH: JonBenet?

PR: Well, I don’t remember exactly whether it was- was written to me or to her or –

3. imon128

imon128 Banned

I, too, noticed the reference to a BMW and thought it odd. I believe there's another place in the book where the person talking to Patsy refers to a "Beemer" for a Ramsey car. However, from other books and reading, it was a Jaguar car. I think the car in the parade might have been the another person's, though.

4. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

I thought-

Didn't JR claim that the pageants started because JBR ( who wasn't even old enough to read fer cryin' out loud) saw an ad in the paper and told her folks she wanted to do that? Probably that is what Patsy told JR.

5. Elle

Elle Member

JIC,

John Ramsey had a jaguar. It was mentioned in "Death of Innocence." They didn't drive another car to the White's party, they drove a Jeep. I think it's only natural that Patsy would have a car of her own. I can't see her driving around in a jeep, can you?

Detective Tom Haney asked Patsy if she had only been involved in the pageants for a short time:

A poster on Crime and Justice "Sophiered" posted not too long ago that she counted "nine trophies" in JonBenét's room. It has also been written that JonBenét was known to give some of her trophies away. That's a lot of work for a little girl in such a short time.

Patsy and John Ramsey weren't too concerned about leaving their young daughter in the hands of the grandparents, or should I say "the hands of the public" when she was on display in her BMW. Plus she did have JonBenét on display in the Mall, away from the normal pageant group.

Thanks Justincase. A lot of typing there! :)

6. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I don't recall

reading anything about a BMW being in the Ramseys' garage. I got the impression it's a two-car garage. The police inspected the Jeep and the Jaguar, but there was nothing about a third vehicle in that garage, which would have been pretty much impossible, anyway, in a two-car garage.

Patsy talked about John's driving her to the hospital when JB was born. Wasn't there mention of what kind of car he drove her in? I don't have any of my books available right now.

7. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Originally posted by Elle_1
    JIC,

John Ramsey had a jaguar. It was mentioned in "Death of Innocence." They didn't drive another car to the White's party, they drove a Jeep. I think it's only natural that Patsy would have a car of her own. I can't see her driving around in a jeep, can you?

Well, I can, but I always look back to that excuse Patsy made for changing from oil to acrylic painting:

"It got on my CAR and smelled so I switched." Unless she was driving around in the Jag and John drove the Jeep, I think she's just on drugs. (Way too medicated to be trying to recall facts IMO)

I counted 10 on a white trophy rack, I don't know if that was part of JonBenet's room or the playroom or what; I agree that it's a lot of work to just pass off as "just a few Sunday afternoons." And you pointed something else out too, IF JonBenet truly did hand out crowns and trophies to other little girls, she would have less than she should....

Patsy and John Ramsey weren't too concerned about leaving their young daughter in the hands of the grandparents, or should I say "the hands of the public" when she was on display in her BMW. Plus she did have JonBenét on display in the Mall, away from the normal pageant group.

I want to know what they were doing in New York on December 6, 1996...

Thanks Justincase. A lot of typing there! :)
    No problem, just felt I needed to share that...

8. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Re: I don't recall

WY,

I checked DOI and found no mention of a BMW, I have never heard any mention of a BMW, atleast not in connection with the Ramsey's owning one; it seems like she just said it was hers to avoid telling them who really owned it, maybe they just don't want to get involved or maybe she wanted Trip Demuth to think she was "all that and a bag of chips..." What a crazy lady, always telling stories that makes us think about stuff; MIND GAMES, inadvertent mind games...

9. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Wasn't the Dec. 6th trip just a family outing? This is where JBR saw Broadway plays, ate lobster at a fancy restaurant and toured the city.

I do remember Patsy saying at one point that they were in the crowd of the Today Show. You know the one that stands outside and waves? Didn't Patsy say that they stopped and did one of their 10 second interviews with her? I can't remember if JBR was with her when this happened.

10. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

She couldn't have been with her if they were in New York while JonBenet was in the Parade, unless the Paugh's also went to New York and flew back early with JonBenet; but then why didn't they ALL fly back to see her in the Parade?? Was it already so outplayed and overdone that they didn't care to even see her waving and smiling at everyone during the parade??

I THINK something stinks about JonBenet's outing with the Broadway plays and the lobster, did she even go at all??

11. imon128

imon128 Banned

I believe Patsy's trip with JB took place in November, 1996. Also, I believe it was Mrs. Archuletta who took JB on the ride in the parade, per the parade admission form. I don't know if it was Mrs. Archuletta's BMW, though. I do recall another instance in the NE Police Files book where they referred to the "Beemer" but have never read anything else that the R's owned a BMW. It could be they traded it off for the Jaguar, I suppose.

12. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

You could be right about them trading their vehicles in, I know both the Jaguar and the Jeep were 1996 models; or the car could have belonged to the Paugh's???

13. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Perhaps the Beemer was a leased vehicle. That's pretty common with wealthy execs, and pretty consistent with PR's flamboyant attitude that is was "hers" but only temporarily.

14. Elle

Elle Member

Re: I don't recall

WY ... On page 97- 98 John Ramsey is talking about Boulder having traditional Christmas parades. When 1996 rolled around, he said their friends Mike and Pam Archuleta drove a Christmas-red BMW with JonBenét and some of her friends on the top of the back seat.

I knew of the two cars mentioned in the garage being a Jaguar and a jeep. I never read about them owning a BMW, but with their money they could have bought one.

Patsy didn't get this story right either!

15. Ginja

Ginja Member

It figures!

Patsy me-me-it's all about me obviously "assumed" ownership of the beemer considering it was her daughter riding in it! What be wrong wid yous? :rolling:

Otherwise, I know nothing of beemers; however, I do remember John's words (just can't remember from where) that he liked driving the 'truck' (I'm sure it was truck; could he have been talking about the jeep?) around town, including back and forth to work, and Patsy would drive his jag.

And did I read it right? Did Patsy say she learned about pageants while in Denver getting her makeup done? What happened to the story that JonBenet, at about age 3?, went to a Miss America pagent (or was it Miss WV?) and watched Patsy on stage? After that, JonBenet supposedly wouldn't shut up about getting all dressed up and going on stage just like her mother...so Patsy entered her in a local Charlevoix pagaent and thus began the "few" Sundays.

Or did I get it all :behind: backwards?

16. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

No, it's the :(:(:( who has it backwards, as usual....

17. Elle

Elle Member

While on the subject of cars ... ...

Now that we know it was Mike Archuleta's red BMW JonBenét and the other children were in, can you help me with the following? Not too worry if you can't. Different information is well known in this case.

I have read about the jeep, and John's Jag, and now I've just read that John talks about driving to the White's party in "Patsy's White Jag" while browsing through the NE Police Files ...page 293 -294

Lou Smit interviewing John Ramsey

LS: Now, when you go up to the Whites, what time do you think it was when you left your house.

JR: Well it seemed like it was 4:30, 5:00. somewhere in that range. It was an early dinner. The kids wanted to play together.

LS: Who is that?

JR:With Fleet Jr. Daphne White. And Fleet and Burke were buddies

... We took Patsy's White Jaguar.

Edited to say the White Jag is also mentioned on page 9 of the Prologue.

Later on Christmas afternoon, the Ramseys- loaded with more gaily wrapped presents - piled into Patsy's white Jaguar for the short ride to the home of their closest friends, Fleet White and Priscilla. The two families were inseparable. Fleet and John sailed together. Their sons Burke and Fleet Jr., were the same age. The Whites 5-year old daughter was JonBenét's best friend.

How sad their friendship ended with JonBenét's death.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2004
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice