Why Michigan? Why Now?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Ginja, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Ginja

Ginja Member

Why did the Ramseys move to Michigan? Patsy herself claims she's the epitome of southern belle; so why just suddenly pick up, pack up and leave not only Atlanta, but the South behind?
    There were no jobs for her or John in Michigan...I don't believe either of them is working.

They bought a new house, not moving into the Ramsey family home on the lake (I think they sold that anyway).

Their family lives in Atlanta. Patsy's sisters and John's grown children, AND a grandchild! Why leave behind the only REAL support they have in their family and loved ones?

Most of all, why did they yank Burke out of one of the most prestigious private schools in the country in the middle of his junior year in highschool. They just plucked him out away from his friends -- in his junior year!

Think about it. They just left everything behind -- family, friends, school...yanking Burke out of the most important time of his highschool career, away from all the important things kids his age look forward to, from sports and scholarships to the junior prom.

Why?

What "fact" turned this family upside down and inside out, "forcing" them to haul out of town fast! Keep in mind...there was nothing waiting in Michigan for them.

What's really going on?

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Maybe

there's a little blonde-haired ghost in Atlanta, Ginja. That ghost will follow them everywhere they go, they can't escape her.

I suspect something is afoot with the Michigan move. Just haven't figured out what yet. Except for that little ghost.

3. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, they're hot on the real killers trail.

4. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Just a guess,

but I wonder if the same thing that hounded them out of Boulder has done the same thing again. I would bet that once they left Boulder and moved to Atlanta they thought things would be OK as in calmer and more accepting for them. John could find a job and Patsy once again become the social butterfly or whatever she was. Years now have gone by and that dind't happen. I read somewhere probably here that they felt welcome in Michagan and that folks were not as finger pointing as elsewhere.

But you ask why now? Maybe something is in the wind or on the tape.....maybe somehow Ol Woodrot has had to eat crow for once about the 911 tape. Right before some great announcement or leak they do something strange....this may be such a thing! Let's hope!

5. Ginja

Ginja Member

I can't help but think...

...that there's more to it than simply "safer grounds".

And if a blonde hair ghost found them in Atlanta, she'll find them no matter where they go...there's no running away from the spirit world, especially when you done that spirit wrong!!!

No place to hide.

So why bother?

But what really kicks it for me is that with no place to go, no reason to leave, nothing waiting for them in Michigan, WHY were they so selfish in pulling Burke out of school midyear in his junior year?

What was soooooo important that they yank him out and get out of Dodge?

Something's up. Something drove them. Something happened.

Even after they killed their daughter, they waited til the end of the school year before leaving Boulder!!!

Think about it my friends...think hard.

Something's terrible amiss here.

6. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

ya know

This summer we will be going to Charlevioux? on the boat. This kinda turns me off about going. I'd be looking and probably asking around. Eerie would be how I'd feel.

The town is pretty much dead until the summer months when people come and go. There are lots of festivities...but during the winter months? It's like a ghost town.

I don't know Ginja, doesn't seem like the place most people would pick to live unless born there or just for a summer home...

7. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Patsy

It also takes Patsy far away from her cancer doctors.

Who can figure out those psychos anyway?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2004
  8. Bobby1st

Bobby1st Member

Maybe by dislodging Burke one more time it will keep him quiet till he makes new friends. As the mother of 3, I would avoid moving a High School student midway through junior year. The colleges are looking at junior year grades and taking recommendations from coaches and clubs.
    Not a smooth move at all unless his school year is hell this year anyway. JMHO

9. purr

purr Active Member

dont they want burke to go to michigan state?

like his dad.

that is what i heard.

and they have to establish residency
    in the state for that.

and they would like to be close
    to burke while he is in college.

it may be just as simple as that.
    with no other motive.

10. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

I have always wondered if that's what drove them to leave Boulder, and now Atlanta, I just hope it has something to do with her haunting them; that would be something...

John still has couple planes, I know for sure one is a KingAir and the other one contains the word Beech in it (I think) I'm looking for the record and will post it when I find out;

Name : RAMSEY, JOHN BENNETT
    Pilot's Address : Address Removed
    CHARLEVOIX, MI, Zip Code removed
    FAA Region : Great Lakes
    Date of Medical : Jun, 2003
    Class of Medical : 3
    Expiration : Jun, 2005
    Pilot Certificates : Commercial Pilot
    Airplane Single Engine Land
    Airplane Multiengine Land
    Instrument Airplane

It's possible they are just flying everywhere, there's airports all over the place so I would imagine travelling by plane a couple hours each day/week?? is a possible explanation.

11. Misty4

Misty4 Member

Purr

You may be right. It could be just as simple as that.

12. Elle

Elle Member

This is a very good reason for their move, Purr. We have moved many times with our sons when they were the same age, but never in the middle of a school year. Not a very wise way to go where Burke is concerned; however, the Ramseys are well known for their "quick" decisions, ever since the 26 December, 1996.

13. Watching You

There is one thing

I haven't seen mentioned. The older Burke gets, the more his friends might start asking questions of him - what does he remember, what did he see. Those questions might trigger some questions of his own. Is it possible John and Patsy didn't like Burke's friends and peers poking around in his head, making Burke start questioning his parents about what happened that night? I can see them pulling up stakes to get Burke away from those who would stir up Burke's memory.

Michigan is familiar to them - it makes sense they would take Burke there to get him away from those questions. The older he gets, the more questions he is going to have, though, because they won't be able to shelter him from things like the 911 tape, descrepancies in their stories - things he may not have noticed or known about when he was younger. Unless they put him in a bubble and keep him away from everyone and everything, his knowledge of his sister's death is going to expand, his friends are going to be questioning him, and he is going to have more questions.

The Ramseys can run, but they can't hide.

14. Spade

Spade Member

Purr

I also heard that the move was to establish MI residentcy for Burke to attend MSU. However, doing this in the middle of the school year doesn't make sense. It is also unlikely that the "christian" school where Burke is enrolled provides the same quality education that he received in Atlanta.

15. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Wait a minute. I am giving nothing away that cannot be found with a minute's worth of research, when I note that the address is for a television station! Is this what John's job is now? I would fain swoon from the overload of irony if the man who made his sole mission in life to change the way we get our media news, became a man whose sole mission in life was to earn money helping the media do the same job it has always done.

16. Ginja

Ginja Member

Well guys, ...

Looks to me like WY is on to something.

On another front, I understand the residency requirement reasoning; however, there are ways to get around that. What I mean is, first...why now? If John wanted Burke to go to Michigan State, the Rams could have set up residency when Burke was a highschool freshman, or even sophomore. Again, why wait til midyear in his junior year? The Rams also could have bought a home (a modest one) for the purpose of setting up residency, keeping Burke in his prestigious private school in Atlanta til he graduated from highschool. And when did they sell their lakeside home? That just happened within the last couple of years. For all intents and purposes, that lakeside home already set the Rams up for residency purposes.

Nope...I think WY is thinking more along the lines that I am...it goes beyond residency requirements. Something drove the Rams out of Atlanta.

Perhaps Burke's peers were asking too many questions.

Perhaps Burke himself, as he was getting older, was asking too many questions himself.

Or maybe...just maybe...Burke got in trouble. I don't know what kind of trouble...maybe there are posters in Atlanta who could poke around.

Something's wrong at the Ramseys and I just have this gut feeling it revolves around Burke. The Rams had residency in Michigan...they had it since Burke was a baby. To resume it would have been no problem and they wouldn't have had to pull Burke out of school. And knowing the Ramseys, that's exactly what they would have done...bought the modest home to resume residency requirements and kept Burke in Atlanta during the school year.

They would if they could...but for some reason, they couldn't.

Why not?

17. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

maybe

but don't you think the new kids he meets will ask the same questions, like aren't you the famous Ramsey kid?

Moving to Michigan isn't going to change the kids around Burke. It might even be worse.

There's gotta be something else.

18. Watching You

Not for a while, Sparky

new kids won't broach the subject with Burke right away. I don't think any casual acquaintances would - it would have to be a best friend or group of close friends who maybe got together one night and started talking about it that may have opened Burke's mind up to certain questions.

I also think that the Ramseys were not as accepted in Atlanta's upper society, as they wanted to be. They have this need to be adored and revered - at least Patsy does. I doubt anyone in Atlanta was impressed. Perhaps they think they will find that perceived social superiority they desire in Michigan. Lawd knows the poster B thinks they're someone special. She's from Michigan.

19. imon128

imon128 Banned

Mebbe Patsy doesn't like/get along with, the new Mrs. Don Paugh?

20. Watching You

Well,

there's a thought, Imon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice