Carol McKinley declaration

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Carol McKinley has filed a declaration requesting venue transfer to Colorado. She has offered the following witnesses, all from Colorado, in support of her venue transfer (from Atlanta to Colorado). Carol's declaration states, correctly, that the Ramseys no longer reside in Atlanta, the alleged charges against her didn't happen in Atlanta, and she resides in Colorado where she is employed and is the mother of two children, and as such, it would be an inconvenience for her to travel to Atlanta for depositions.

Interesting list, here. It doesn't look as if McKinley or FOX are
    running away from this lawsuit. They might just tear Wood a new arsehole and take the fight right back to him. FOX is noted for being controversial - I'd say this is right up their alley.

Go FOX!!! This is the most ridiculous lawsuit I've seen yet.

Ellis Armistead
    Linda Arndt
    Mark Beckner
    Tom Bennett
    John Eller
    Ron Gosage
    Ollie Gray
    Tom Haney
    Jane Harmer
    Linda Hoffmann-Pugh
    Alex Hunter
    Mike Kane
    Mary Keenan
    Tom Koby
    Peter Mang
    John Meyer
    Mitch Morrissey
    Lou Smit
    Tom Trujillo
    Chet Ubowski
    Carl Whiteside
    Tom Wickman
    The Ramseys

2. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

?

Why isn't Sue Bennet's name on there?

I thought she was a key player...oh and how's about Candy....oh, and Morgan and Mame and Mary99????????????

3. Watching You

I don't know, Sparky

maybe they aren't as important as they think they are?

4. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

GO CAROL!!!

5. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

I've never been a big fan of Fox (I don't like Murdoch) but I'm behind them and Carol all the way on this. Not because I'm sure they will win, but because I'd love to see just one of the JBR lawsuits get into open court.

6. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Cause they are only legends in THEIR OWN MINDS Sparky!

Ever heard of the Mendoza Line in baseball? It means the batter's average is below 200.

Jameson, and the rest of the bunch are TRULY hitting below the Mendoza!

7. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Change of Venue

I just read the Fox lawyers' request for change of venue from US District Court of Northern Georgia to US District Court for the District of Colorado. The reasons given are thoroughly based on previous cases where a change was granted.

Lin Wood is outclassed by Rupert's team of counselors. This case will, no doubt, be transferred to the most logical jurisdiction...the one in which defendants reside; where case materials are located; where the two dozen witnesses reside; and where the incident in question occurred.

It will definitely not take place in Georgia, where the plaintiffs no longer reside, just for the convenience of a two-bit ambulance chaser.

Bottom line: John and Patsy Ramsey will have to haul their lazy litigious butts to Colorado for this one.

Maybe Lin should get on his horse right now and start heading west.

8. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Re: Change of Venue

My Woody Bin Limpy is outclassed by the North end of a Southbound mule!

9. Watching You

Yuk yuk, you guys

I agree with Shadow about getting one of these lawsuits into open court. If just once truth and justice meant more than money, Wood would have to take his sorry self into court where he wouldn't be able to play his bully games, and he'd be up against some real lawyers instead of the incompetent Darnay Hoffman.

Remember this - bin Woody has never tried a case in court. Every case has been settled out of court. To me, that's not a win. It's about economics.

I hope FOX takes this all the way, because if they do, they'll win.

10. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

What Wood does for a living is legal extortion. That is my OPINION!

11. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Linn Woods sucks.

12. Elle

Elle Member

THis sounds exciting WY. Thanks for the information.

13. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Alrighty then, good move by Fox/McKinley! But this may not be the slam dunk it appears to be at first blush. I won't go into explanation in order to avoid aiding and abetting, so let's keep a close eye on this one.

Frankly, I think the defense team can kick the snot outta WoodPile in any jurisdiction. He's definitely out-classed and out-skilled on this suit, so observation should be interesting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice