If you were running the JBR investigation

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

what would you do first?

Here is what I would do. I would get rid of anyone even remotely connected to the Ramseys, like Lou Smit. Mary Keenan would have to go, of course, as she has already shown her prejudice. Everyone in the Boulder DA's office would be gone.

Then I would hire ace detectives from around the country - detectives who have no incestuous relations with anyone in Colorado to come in and go through every piece of evidence and paper/computer-generated documents/files available. All supposition created by previous participants, whether BPD or RST, would go in the trash. Only real EVIDENCE would be allowed, including statements gathered by original detectives on the case.

I would clear the case files of all Ramsey spin, including Smit's files except for clear evidence files. The new investigation would be pristine - absolutely no conflict of interest concerns, as with Lou Smit and Mary Keenan et al. The new investigators would start out with a clean slate and they would not be cowed by threats from Lin Wood or anyone else, because I would not back down for any reason. No one's pet theory would be allowed, whether RST or BORG. Only pure evidence would be introduced, not interpretations of that evidence by anyone else.

As long as Lou Smit is involved with the "investigation" that is now, allegedly, going on in Boulder, and as long as Mary Keenan is involved, there is a conflict of interest and any results are tainted.

What would you do? Who would you hire?

2. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I think I would hire a couple of New York City detectives. Old crusty ones that have seen everything and wouldn't put up with Wood's crap for one second.

Then I would bring Vincent Bugliosi (sp?) out of retirement to prosecute. Bugliosi said he could have prosecuted O.J. with just one legal pad and a pencil. I believe him.

One can dream can't one?

3. Elle

Elle Member

Vincent Bugliosi. He's the man! Having read "Helter Skelter" he's definitely the man I would want too, Tricia!

4. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Assuming

That we had generous resources and could do this any way we wanted....

I would hire a remote accomodation and draft in 20 of the best criminology minds and forensic experts from other countries. They wouldn't be told what they were being asked to do so that they were free from any prior conceptions and wouldn't have an opportunity to research before they arrived.

We would have all the evidence and files there and we would re-enact the crime. The experts would investigate and as they asked questions, they would receive the answers to those questions from the case files.

I guess I'm agreeing with the fresh minds which are uninfluenced by politics, connections or pre-conceived ideas.

5. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

I Like Jayelles Idea....

Let your group of independant experts start with the bare basics....

1. Four family members spend the night in the family home.

2. One family member does not survive the night.

3. The 6 yr. old daughter of the family is reported kidnapped the next morning.

4. The 6 yr. old child is found dead later that day. She has been sexually molested, and murdered....she has a fatal wound to the head and there is evidence that she has also been strangled by a ligiture.

5. The childs body is found in the basement of the family home by her father wrapped in a blanket belonging to the family. The body has been wiped down, and wrapped with her in the blanket are a some of her prized possessions.

6. The father, mother and 9 yr. old brother claim to have slept through the night, hearing nothing of the murder.

7. There is a 3 page, convoluted ransom note from the supposed kidnapper demanding the ransom equal to the father's recent annual bonus.

8. The handwriting and wording of the ransom note clearly resemble the penmanship and vocabulary choices of the mother.

9. There is no sign or forced entry into the home and no footprints in the light overnight snow surrounding the home.

10. If there was an intruder, he/she left no trace of evidence....there is no fresh DNA, he/she has left nothing behind that did not originate in the family home.

Starting with these basic facts, then adding in the suspicious behavior of the parents, the spiriting away of the 9 yr. old brother, the calling into the home of a crowd of family friends immediately, the immediate lawyering up of the parents, the CNN interview just days after the murder, and the non-cooperation with the police, let the group of experts move on to testimony from the detective on the scene, Linda Arndt, and her testimony about her presence at the autopsy....The formal autopsy pictures and report....and the subsequent investigation of many suspects among all of those who may have had any access to the murdered child...

It is my considered opinion that the group of experts might tend to work IN from there, not OUT.....The basic facts do not lead out, they lead in....

After so much media spin and clouding of the issues, people tend to forget the basic facts of the case....the basic facts of the case have not changed...

Voyager

6. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Okay

I know when I've been bested. I most heartily endorse Jayelle's and Voyager's ideas of independent experts from all over the world. This is a fantasy, of course, so we do have access to tons of money.

7. Twitch

Twitch Active Member

Then

Hire Bobc to do a recreation with the results that the panel comes up with. Or sort of a fit the action to the injuries kind of thing. Could you do that Bob? Could you recreate the crime just by the wounds?

8. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Put LW in the stocks, round up all offending parties to the case like Keenan and put THEM in a deep dark hole with their hands tied and duct tape on their mouths. Get Jammy to the nearest psych hospital and definitely bring in Vince Bugliosi and the Vidocq Society. Eliminate all artifact from the age-old defense strategy of SODDI (some other dude did it), bring the Ramseys back to Boulder and provide them with public defenders. That should do it. Show me the money! LOL

9. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

While the FBI has taken a beating recently, I would like the FBI to investigate JBR's death and the MW allegations. They could go back to the files that they were keeping when they were trying to help the BPD and DA's Office (for whom they had no respect).

I have friends and relatives in the FBI and am convinced that the FBI "worker bees" are very good (maybe a little self-important) at what they do when the "powers-that-be" let them do it.

10. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

See this is why I love DejaNu. She takes my fantasy straight from my own head.

Let's make the Ramseys public defender someone who learned everything about criminal law from Darnay Hoffman. Give him braces and dandruff. I just want to see John and Patsy have to deal with something their money didn't buy. heh

Jayelles and Voyager I too love your posts. I am telling you it would take our fantasy group about 3 hours to figure out what happened. It is a no brainer.

You know I could really add some twisted things to this fantasy.

11. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Love You Too, Tricia!

The Ramseys' public defender:

Attached Files:

12. Tez

Tez Member

I would....

Have Mark Fuhrman investigate the crime. I would have Vincent go to court to get all the search warrants that Trip DeMuth refused to get. I would exile Keenan and Company from the great state of Colorado. I would have a great detective from nearby Longmont help Mark Fuhrman, his name is Gregg Ferrill(sp). I would appoint Tricia as spokesman for the group. I think the crime would be solved in under 2 hours. I would have BobC handle all the visuals for the trial, including the re-enactment!

When the trial came, I would have Vincent prosecute of course. I would let John and Pats be represented by Trip DeMuth and Cary Lacklen of the Public Defender's office. They would get convicted just because Lacklen likes to make deals! But, the evidence would convict both of them, and they would be doing at least 25 to life when Vincent got through with them!

13. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

John Ramsey public defender:

Attached Files:

14. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Burke Ramsey public defender:

Attached Files:

15. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Defense expert/911 tape voice authentication:

Attached Files:

• 2-2.jpg
      2-2.jpg
      File size:
      27.9 KB
      Views:
  16. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Ramsey case presiding judge:

Attached Files:

17. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Defense libel experts:

Attached Files:

18. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Defense DNA experts:

Attached Files:

19. Elle

Elle Member

Golam Wood

Ha,ha,ha,ha! DejaNu. Very funny!

The Ramseys' public defender: Golam L. Wood can talk to himself all day long and keep himself happy. :p

20. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

LOL, DejaNu!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice