1. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Just when you think you've heard it all........special thanks to Candy for another laugh today!

posted 03-08-2004 01:48 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.freep.com/news/latestnews/pm18808_20040308.htm

JonBenet's father may run for Michigan legislature

Monday, March 8, 2004

BY DAWSON BELL
    FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

LANSING - John Ramsey, father of slain child pageant star JonBenet, is seriously considering a run for the Michigan House of Representatives.

Ramsey has established residency in Charlevoix, where he has long vacationed, and has indicated he wants to succeed term-limited state Rep. Ken Bradstreet, R-Gaylord, said Matt Resch, spokesman for House Speaker Rick Johnson.

Ramsey is being urged to run by local Republican officials in Charlevoix, according to a report in Monday's edition of the newsletter Inside Michigan Politics.

Described as a wealthy businessman in the saturation news reports that surrounded the death of his 6-year-old daughter in 1996, Ramsey is associated with a Charlevoix-based directory business. He could not be reached there Monday afternoon.

The mysterious slaying of JonBenet Ramsey dominated cable networks and the tabloids for several years, much of the coverage laden with insinuation about whether the Ramseys were implicated in her death. The case remains unsolved. The Ramseys, John and his wife Patricia, moved to Atlanta in 1997.

According to news reports, the Ramseys filed a $12 million federal lawsuit last year in Atlanta against Fox News Network for an allegedly defamatory report about the case.

But Charlevoix city officials said Monday John Ramsey registered to vote there late last year and filed for a homestead property tax exemption last summer. Ramsey also obtained a Michigan drivers license in October.

He has not yet filed paperwork to run for the House seat. The deadline is May 11.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Dear Lord,

Please let John Ramsey be egotistical enough to run for public office. Thank you. Amen.

PS. Can you do something about these Internet stalkers too? Only if you have time. Thank you.

I am rolling on this. WTF????

Oh please please please.... I'll do anything anything to make this happen.

You guys have got to understand what a treasure trove of material this will be. His whole life will be under the microscope.

3. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Well, he's

most likely got B's vote. And C's.

Watch your screens for those campaigners - you know C's going to want to get on this bandwagon. Can't you see it now? Lin and Candy out on the campaign trail together?

And, Ramsey - "I did not kill That Child."

4. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I can feel an FFJ press release coming out now.

You know I can't believe he would be that egotistical. He has got to be just testing the waters.

oh please let him be that egotistical heh

5. Bobby1st

Bobby1st Member

Wow. just saw it on Drudge. Maybe this is in some sick way trying to justify moving and throw off those who would question this latest move.You can run, but you can't hide.
    Hey and the TRUTH will set you free. Whatever that truth may be.

6. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

CopyCat not Fat Cat

So the press shy dynamic duo are throwing themselves back in the news and some are wondering why..........think Gary Condit and LimpWood..........think of the press that will damage John's reputation, hence his non-VICTORY in the House and new Jags for all!

RR

7. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I'm running for Emporer of Austin,

8. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

OOOOOOOOH--

Please run for this office, Slurping John.

Make our day!

9. Elle

Elle Member

John Ramsey has got a nerve!

What a nerve he has if he does run for this Seat (?). Of course, if he does win a Seat, then this puts Patsy Ramsey on display again, and this would suit her just fine. Once more she could strut the boards.

10. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

the reason

Now comes to light the real reason for the move to Michigan!
    JR apparently has some kind of job there now also.
    This is just my opinion of course - I'm feeling bad since I got WY in trouble over my brilliant (lol) deduction regarding Melody Stanton's alleged back-pedaling.

Bobc - I'll vote for you any day.

11. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Actually, according to the times I see posted on two forums, it was on Purgatory a full hour before Candy posted it. The date does not come up, but Sharon Rocha's Biggest Fan posted it on Purgatory on 3/8/04 at 12:48 p.m. Candy's post was 1:48 p.m.

To: ALL (1 of 12)

http://www.freep.news/latestnews/pm1880820040308.htm

JonBenet's father may run for Michigan legislature.

I don't know what's wrong with my browser.. I can't copy and paste.

edited to fix link

Edited 3/8/2004 3:50:35 PM ET by Sharon Rocha's Biggest Fan (STARRY1ST

candy
    Member # 311

posted 03-08-2004 01:48 PM
    http://www.freep.com/news/latestnews/pm18808_20040308.htm

JonBenet's father may run for Michigan legislature

12. BobC

Hi Texan!

"This was an inside job" John Ramsey Dec 26, 1996.

Maybe we should get this little matter taken care of before we move on to the Legislature, Uncle Johnny.

13. purr

purr Active Member

now i've heard everything!

this was a
    "i dropped my mouth/jaw wide open" moment.

geez, louise..........
    "now i've heard everything!!"

what's next...........???

President Ramsey!

14. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Bwahahahahahaha...... your so *BLEEPING* funny. Only you would think of an Emperor...:D

15. BobC

I think I better learn to spell it before running!

16. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got home from a grueling day to see this on Drudge. I came right over to FFJ. Now I've seen everything, throw down the rope, God, I wanna go home. What a :(:(:(:(ing nerve these people have! Talk about "getting on" with your life...Ok, Moab, I'm voting for Dahmer simply because he too looked like John Kennedy and imagined a self-indulgent life in a sick little Camelot. It also helps that he's dead and can't hurt anyone else.

The only revelational thing about this news story is the timing of the Ramsey relocation to Charlevoix. It may help with a very important change of venue in the Fox case.

Good God, John Ramsey for state rep.....His opponent will have to be Satan; imagine the mudslinging in THIS election!!! LOL

Bobc, just get a dictionary. Need a campaign manager???????

17. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

Welcome to the freak show

where wrestlers, bouncers, and actors all run for public office. What's next, strippers for president instead of for presidential toys? At least it would get some of the otherwise disinterested sub-bourgeois interested in becoming active voters. I certainly hope Fox covers the potential candidate(s) in this Michigan race with a passion.

18. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

If Ramsey runs as a Republican, Fox will find some reason why he should be elected!

19. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

"imagine the mudslinging in THIS election!!"

Maybe he'll just threaten to sue anyone who brings up the fact that he and his wife were and still are murder suspects. And maybe they are just trolling for new business ...

20. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Ramsey

wants to make good on his pledge to change the way the American people get their news. If he's in the legislature, he can promote new laws to muzzle the media, right?

Fat chance for fat cat.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice