T.C. Sunday paper ..JR plans to run

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Aurora, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Aurora

Aurora Member

Todays paper has another article on John running for the House. I will type parts of it as it is lengthly. By George Weeks:

Will this Okemos-born MSU grad and former Navy officer indeed run for the 105th District seat being vacated by Rep. Ken Bradstreet, R-Gaylord? I'm convinced he will, after talking to the the self-described "independent Republican" with a John McCain like bent for straight talk. John stated that" barring any unforeseen reasons that might come up, that is the direction he is heading" One sign of his intention is that Susan Flanders, of Charlevoix, a Ramsey friend who was among a half dozen Republicans considering running, is instead forming "Friends To Elect John Ramsey. She says he'd bring a focus on "job creation", ideas and tremendous clout for the district." Savvy political consult John Yob is helping Ramsey. Republican Chairman John Haggard, said "He'd be a hell of an asset to northern Michigan."

Craig Ryan, of Glaylord...states that John Ramsey is a whale of guy. But also called him a fairly newcomer...a summer resident until recently becoming permanent.

Ryan also expressed the concern shared by others that a "media circus about the police case in Colorado" would distract from discussion of issues. It could. Ramsey is candid about being a PR nightmare. As for the issue distracting from the campaign, he said" It is something I am sure will come up, " but , "the worst that could happen to us has happened. We lost our child."

After that it talked about losing Beth in a car accident and his back ground with Lockheed Martin and that he is in step with MI ... GOP issues.

I just love the way they refer to the POLICE case in Colorado. As if something that is so distant and in the past. IT will come back to bite him in the :(:(:(. Aurora reporting from TC

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

A whale of a guy? Oh sure, he's put on a few pounds and was never exactly svelte, but I think the analogy of a whale is a bit much. Let's try "elephant seal" instead.

3. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Oh my gloryosa!!!

This is something to behold. Aurora and BobC, this will be fun to help him along eh!

He will bring "Job Creation"...yeah of course he isn't working and hasn't for 7 years. That would look so good on a job resume won't it....esp the reason why he hasn't worked for 7 years. Oh boy! this is fun.

He has "tremendous clout". with a base ball bat, or flashlight, or golf club to the head. Yeah he has clout alright! Just ask JonBenet.

Oh and I especially liked this statement: "Barring any unforeseen reasons that might come up" he will run.

What are these folks thinking about? Have they no shame?

Go ahead Johnny boy, run boy run. Let us see you in the daylight and let us hear how you will help others. Just like you helped with the investigation of the murder of your daughter 7 years ago.

4. Britt

Britt FFJ Senior Member

lol BobC and zoomama :D

What does he mean by a John McCain like bent for straight talk? John Ramsey, Straight Talker... lol. Well he does talk straight out his assets... (Or is he calling McCain a pathological liar?)

...Susan Flanders, of Charlevoix, a Ramsey friend... Are all their famale friends named Susan?

She says he'd bring a focus on "job creation"... Yeah, for himself.

Poor John, living in dread that the "... police case in Colorado" would distract from discussion of issues.... when it's supposed to be the other way around.

This is gonna be fun.

JMO :)

5. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you for taking the time to type part of this article, Aurora. Much appreciate the update. I see they left out the reference to "that child" in the police case in Colorado.

6. purr

purr Active Member

jonbenet who????

i think i need to move up there for the summer.

excitement........excitement

and of course, Aurora!

purr

7. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

BobC, I swear you KILL me. . .

"Elephant Seal"

LOL!

8. BobC

You heard me

From Uncle Johnny:

Attached Files:

9. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Like Zoomama said what a glorious summer it will beehehehe!

BobC...I can't take it. Stop it. My heart is going pitter patter or is that pitty pat. Or is that Aunt Pitty Pat.

This is too good to be true.

10. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Rupert Murdoch

Rupert Murdoch owns Fox News. He's the 54th richest man in the world with an estimated fortune of $55 BILLION. He has also donated in excess of $1 million to the Republican Party in California.

I guess he won't be backing the Republican Party in Michigan :)

11. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

The word they are looking for is fishy.

12. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

"Job creation"?

What is he going to do, ensure that everyone gets fired from their jobs so that God will intervene and create twice as much employment at twice the pay?

13. imon128

imon128 Banned

He probably wants to create his own police department, LOL.

14. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

So...

I wonder if there is a web page set up for John Ramsey, yet. I wonder if it will be maintained any better than the Ramseys' webpage for JonBenet.

I like the John McCain reference. That's an insult to John McCain. I wonder if these people have ever read the police interviews of John Ramsey. There's nothing in those interviews that I consider "straight talk." There is, however, a lot of hedging.

Bah humbug.

15. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

BocC

Sometimes I wonder if I lurke FFJ because I'm still obsessed with the Ramsey case, or because of the humorous remarks people like you make. The lines get blurred. . . anyway, don't stop. The more outlandish, the better I like it.

Hey, Easywriter - you got "fishy" right. How are you? Good, I hope.

16. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Do You Remember?

"Let me say this first -- I was so impressed with many of you and your depth of knowledge about the investigation. It is impressive, and remarkable, that there are so many of you out there who are so dedicated to this case and to JonBenet."

"If there were any doubts before, I certainly have none now, that you - collectively -- will never allow this case to fade away. I find that very inspiring."

"This case should bother everyone, and it should bother, in particular, those who reside in Boulder, Colo. Nothing has changed. I just cannot fathom those who continue to defend Hunter. This case became something extraordinary, something that should be studied by law schools and police academies as a primer on how not to run a major case investigation."

"As to those questions about Donald Foster of Vassar, who identified Patsy Ramsey as the author of the note, he is a true expert and a mild-mannered professor, who at the request of the government in Boulder deciphered the hieroglyphics of that ransom note and has been vilified by some for doing so. I support his work and his finding as thorough and remarkable."

"Regarding Fleet White, a man who was rightfully and righteously outraged that his child's friend had been killed and nothing done about it, I also stand behind this man, who acted more like the parent of a murdered child than did the parents of the murdered child, in my humble opinion."

STEVE THOMAS - APBNEWS.COM
    05-16-00

17. Elle

Elle Member

I agree with you RR. I can't understand anyone defending ex D.A. Hunter. His handling of the JonBenét case was atrocious.
    I hope this is what the Professor would tell the law students. Plus, D.A. Hunter never strongly supported Detective Steve Thomas by giving him the "go ahead" to arrest Patsy Ramsey.
    She may well have been in jail all this time if he hadn't been such a pig headed A$$.

18. BobC

Freespirit--don't provoke me to become more crackpot.

19. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Wasn't me.

Elle, those are the words of Steve Thomas, but I do agree with him 100%.

RR

20. Elle

Elle Member

I didn't scroll down far enough, RR. Ach well! it's a compliment to you, isn't it? Next time I'll make sure I scroll down further. There isn't a smiley here with blushing cheeks. :p Next time put his name up at the top! :eek:

Difficult to remember everything Steve said. I think very highly of Steve Thomas. Just one of those days. Have had a busy few days.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice