John Ramsey, "There is a perverse side of me..."

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

The above quote is from JonBenet. The Police Files.

There are so many things duplicitous about this quote, so many things hypocritical about it, I don't know where to start.

What the hell? How in the world is it perverse to want to keep your daughters murder on the front pages. This would only help you find the killer.

Let me play armchair psychologist.

It is obvious that what John is really saying is, "There is a perverse side of me that doesn't want to see it ever go off the front pages because we enjoy it. We like being the center of attention. This is about us and not JonBenet."

Then he catches himself. Knowing how it will read he adds, "But I don't want people to forget about it. I want to find this person...so I'm helpful even though we're awful tired of people sitting outside our home with binoculars and cameras."

WOW how big of John. Even though it's tiring to have people take your picture you are a big enough person to cooperate with the police after 4 full months. Although it wasn't total cooperation. Rules. Limits. All kinds of things had to be negotiated first. Before John and Patsy could pull their tired a$$'s out of bed and help find the murderer of their daughter.

John wants to keep it on the front pages but he doesn't spend 50 bucks to keep JonBenet's website going.

John wants to keep it on the front pages but no one knows how to give a tip or anything about the reward thanks to John shutting down everything.

John wants to keep "it" on the front pages but he doesn't want his campaign to focus on "it" while he is shaking hands and kissing babies.

John Ramsey makes me ill. Don't even get me started on Patsy.

2. Little

Little Member

Do you want to borrow my head-banging pillow?

At least John is consistent - his words always appear to be in direct conflict with his actions.

Little

3. Ginja

Ginja Member

Tricia

When did John say this?

How unusual to use a word such as 'perverse.' Why would he ever use such a word unless he'd been 'accused' of being perverse or even a pervert? He could easily have made that statement without the word, simply saying "there's a side of me... ."

Perhaps there was a confrontation at some point between he and Patsy. Remember, the dictionary was dogeared to the word "incest" which is behavior considered to be perverse.

4. Tricia

This was in a police interview. Sorry don't have the book in front of me but I think it was the second interview.

5. Nikeo

Nikeo Member

Webster's Dictionary

2 entries found for perverse.
    To select an entry, click on it.
    perversepolymorphous perverse

Main Entry: per·verse
    Pronunciation: (")p&r-'v&rs, 'p&r-"
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Middle English, from Latin perversus, from past participle of pervertere
    1 a : turned away from what is right or good : CORRUPT b : IMPROPER, INCORRECT c : contrary to the evidence or the direction of the judge on a point of law <perverse verdict>
    2 a : obstinate in opposing what is right, reasonable, or accepted : WRONGHEADED b : arising from or indicative of stubbornness or obstinacy
    3 : marked by peevishness or petulance : CRANKY
    synonym see CONTRARY
    - per·verse·ly adverb
    - per·verse·ness noun
    - per·ver·si·ty /p&r-'v&r-s&-tE, -stE/ n

6. Sprocket

Sprocket Member

The words people choose to define themselves can be so revealing.....

7. Tricia

Exactly Sprocket!!

This quote just jumped out at me while I was thumbing through the book.

To me this speaks volumes as to who John Ramsey really is.

8. Elle

Elle Member

Tricia,

It's on Page 315 NE Police Files Paperback. Don't think there is a Hardback (?).

9. Nikeo

Nikeo Member

Sprocket and Tricia, I totally agree...

I think Maya Angelou has a quote that says something to the effect of "listen to my words and I will tell you who I am" I tried to find the quote. I heard her say this on Oprah one day and thought how true.

10. Sprocket

Sprocket Member

I mean, psychologists study the speech of psychopaths and have found that often their speech is "scrambled" in other words, they will make "condradictory statements" in the same breath.... I'll explain more, and give examples, when I have more time.

And we all study the speech and manerisms of the people we encounter in our every day life. We get impressions, and instances that "resonalte" with us, on whether or not, the individual who is speaking, is believeable or not.

impo, John Ramsey is not believeable, in what he tries to present, to the public.

Thanks for bringing out this little nugget Tricia. It speaks volumes.

11. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

What is so amazing about JR's statement is that he is telling the world that he is conflicted because they don't like all the attention BUT they want to keep JB on the front page so no one will forget.

THEN, they state over and over that they "just want to get on" with their lives, THEN he's all over the front pages around the world considering running for a high profile political office that will keep him, not JB, on the front pages for many, many years to come.

What he is really saying is, they don't want to be the center of NEGATIVE attention, only POSITIVE, and JB can whither into obscurity for all they care. Once again, the narcissistic, hedonistic, it's all about me, Ramsey family image in all it's disgusting glory.

12. Niner

Niner Active Member

I think you nailed it DejaNu!! Excellent! :yay: :yay:

13. Niner

Niner Active Member

Well there you go guys!

~~
    http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_2774047,00.html

Word's out on Ramsey as politician
    Bid for House seat in Michigan reported

By Charlie Brennan, Rocky Mountain News
    April 1, 2004

He's in.

That's the word in Michigan on John Ramsey's surprise leap back into the spotlight, this time in the political arena.

An on-line political journal, Michigan Information & Research Inc., reported Tuesday that the father of murder victim JonBenet Ramsey is a "go," practically certain to make a bid for that state's House of Representatives, running as a Republican.

The publication stated that after a recent candidate interview with Michigan Chamber of Commerce members, when asked to rate his likeliness to run on a scale of one to 10, Ramsey responded, "I'm a 10."

The journal attributed that anecdote to John Yob, a spokesman for Friends to Elect John Ramsey, which has registered with the Michigan secretary of state.

Yob did not return several telephone calls seeking comment.

Ramsey, along with wife Patsy and son Burke, moved last fall from Atlanta to Charlevoix, Mich., a small resort community where they had long owned a vacation home.

Now 60, Ramsey would be a candidate for Michigan's 105th House district, a Republican stronghold where the incumbent is barred from seeking another term.

John Haggard, chair of the Charlevoix County Republicans and a Ramsey backer, was not surprised to hear that Ramsey had rated the probability of his candidacy a "10."

"But I would say '11,' '' said Haggard.

Ramsey's youngest child, 6-year-old JonBenet, was found murdered in the basement of the family's home Dec. 26, 1996, when they lived in Boulder.

Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner once said the girl's parents were under an "umbrella of suspicion," but a 13-month grand jury probe into her death concluded in October 1999 without issuing an indictment. The crime remains unsolved.

The Michigan House is dominated by Republicans, and the four- county north Michigan district in which Ramsey lives has also been in Republican hands for many years.

Candidates must formally declare by May 11.

Jennifer Duffy, a political analyst for the Washington, D.C.-based Cook Political Report, said Ramsey would be sure to become a campaign lightning rod, should he run.

Asked if she could recall a more unlikely political candidacy, Duffy didn't pause for a second in responding, "Arnold Schwarzenegger."

http://hartfordadvocate.com/gbase/News/content?oid=oid:60340

JonBenet´s Dad Seeks Office

The Associated Press reported recently that JonBenet Ramsey's father's considering a run for the Michigan House, and hopes voters will focus on his ideas and experience, rather than the unsolved murder of his daughter, for which everyone in America blames him and his wife. John Ramsey and his wife, Patsy, told reporters they're ready for a new chapter in their lives, after moving last fall from Atlanta to Charlevoix, where they've long had a summer home. "I'm not doing this for an ego trip or publicity or to see my name in the paper -- I've already had my fair share of that," Ramsey joked in an interview with the AP.

Ramsey, 60, is interested in the seat of Rep. Ken Bradstreet, a fellow Republican who cannot run for re-election because of term limits. Ramsey says his many years as a businessman have equipped him to help create jobs in the mostly rural district in northern Michigan. He says he probably will not make up his mind until May.

Ramsey says "the controversy" from his daughter's heinous murder "ought to be behind us," but he acknowledges that some people will always suspect him and his wife, even if someone else is convicted. The Ramseys said they were somewhat reluctant to draw more attention by getting into politics.

"There were certainly times in our lives when we thought it would be nice to buy an island somewhere," Ramsey said. But the loss of JonBenet and the aftermath helped him to realize that other people were suffering as well and he wanted to make a contribution to society.~~

14. Niner

Niner Active Member

"behind us?" The killer/s are STILL out there! :censored: What a joke this guy is!! :wtf:

15. imon128

imon128 Banned

If John truly thought others were suffering, why in the name of God didn't this man start ANYTHING that would provide safety for children and an advocacy for those who would be 'suffering'? His answer was to hire Lin Wood and continue with the pity party for John and Patsy. P frickin' U!!

16. Elle

Elle Member

I think John Ramsey and his wife Patsy have contributed enough guff to society already, Niner, don't you? Thanks for the update!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice