Parents advised to remind children about home safety

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by "J_R", Apr 2, 2004.

1. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Round Rock police are advising parents to remind their children about how to stay safe at home.

On Wednesday, a man made his way into a home in the Round Rock Ranch neighborhood.

A 12-year-old girl told police she was home alone after getting out of school early. She said she answered the doorbell and a man asked if her parents were home.

When she said no, the man pushed the door open and tried to grab her. The girl put up a fight and yelled.

Police said the man then ran away.

Other children in the neighborhood reported seeing a man just like the girl described running from the area.

Investigators released a composite sketch of the suspect. He is believed to be in his 30s, about five feet six inches with a medium build.
    ...snip

The girl also said he spoke English with a Spanish accent.

Police are investigating the case as a burglary. Anyone with information is asked to call Round Rock Police at (512) 218-5500.

http://news8austin.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=102601

Attached Files:

2. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Round Rock is about 15 miles from the area Rachel Cooke was abducted from.

I'm curious why this is being treated as a burglary when there have been several attempted abductions of girls 12-15 years old within the past two years in about a 30 mile radius.

3. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Scary Looking Dude

I wonder how long he's been around the area.

These predators are so bold. Walking right up to a house and knocking on the door.

The girl was very lucky. Another kid might go easily, like poor Carlie Bruscia.

When they find this guy, I hope they beat the crap out of him and find out if he has abducted girls before.

ACLU--go pound sand!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice