A case of Deja-Vu at jameson's

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Jayelles, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

No, not Deja-Vu the poster :) Some time yesterday all of the threads at several of jameson's forums "disappeared". I felt an overwhelming sense of deja-vu because this same mysterious phenomenon occurred not once, but twice on her vanDam forum almost two years ago.

Then, as now, her members were disappointed and tried valliantly to recover the missing threads from cache and saved files. Then as now, she seemed relatively unperturbed and claimed not to have back-ups.

Except that her members didn't need to recover the threads - then or now. The files hadn't disappeared, only the links had disappeared - deleted by someone with admin access to the forum.

Don't believe me? Try clicking on these links:-

http://www.webbsleuths.org/dcforum/DCForumID37/101.html
    http://www.webbsleuths.org/dcforum/DCForumID37/102.html
    http://www.webbsleuths.org/dcforum/DCForumID37/103.html
    http://www.webbsleuths.org/dcforum/DCForumID37/104.html
    http://www.webbsleuths.org/dcforum/DCForumID37/105.html
    http://www.webbsleuths.org/dcforum/DCForumID37/106.html
    http://www.webbsleuths.org/dcforum/DCForumID37/107.html
    http://www.webbsleuths.org/dcforum/DCForumID37/108.html

and so on. Just change the number prior to the final .html extension for a different thread. If you click on Topics, you will get the blank forum index - but that is all that has been altered.

Now as then, jameson will deny that she has tampered with her forum. The fact remains that someone did. I know because I happened to visit her forum when all but the last remaining links had been deleted. They too disappeared soon after.

2. Jayelles

3. Jayelles

Has been deleted. Since Margoo was vainly looking for a thread called "I'm a Homicide Detective", I'd suggest that is it. Whomever chose to hide the links, also chose to delete that thread.

Some of the vanDam threads were also deleted around the time they were hidden.

4. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Jayelles any idea why she would do this?

5. Jayelles

Tricia

It's anyone's guess. What I didn't post here, but did post at Purgatory was another little sidenote.

Last time this happened (during the vanDam case) and I posted what had happened, her forum "crashed" within a short period of times, and this time, the threads really did disappear. The evidence that her members were being duped was conveniently gotten rid of.

I have no doubt that someone is playing games. It makes me cross to think these people pay $50 pa for this forum and get zero real customer service.

She cares not a jot about her customers. I've watched it over the years. They suck up to her thinking it won't happen to them, but when push comes to shove, she has 0% loyalty to anyone but herself.

6. imon128

imon128 Banned

Most likely her posters get what they want for their money. Their loyalty is to hir, and that's okay. We can't control the world, thank God. Let hir and hir following do as they wish. If it's right, it will be shown, and if it's wrong, it will be shown. Patience is a great virtue, eh?

7. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

Jayelle

When you titled this "deja-Vu" I thought you were referring to her post and link about Foster.

You know the one, where "students" write her for answers on papers they are doing on this case? asking how she got involved (bwahhhhhhh)???? asking with who and how important she is???? She always brings up the TV show she starred in and the important "break the case wide-open the Rams are innocent" letters to Foster. :bling:

8. Jayelles

Lol

Well, I guess we all know how she feels. Being inundated with e-mails from students on a daily basis is no joke. I had to hire a secretary to fend them off - didn't you?

;-)

9. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Ok, let's make the distinction-it's DejaNU, not DejaVU. And if I had the power to take down a few threads at the Swamp, I'd use that super-power to take down the entire website. Unfortunately, I'm just an old-newbie or a new-oldie, but not Cyber-Man. These mysterious crashes and thread disappearances are a hallmark of Jameson's. Someone should be saving her threads to disks every day to preserve the craziness......

10. Jayelles

Mes apologies

At the very moment that I clicked on this thread I realised my error!

Sorry.

11. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Not to worry (unless you are Jameson and you intentionally tried to "lose" the threads). If you click on her forum menu, it seems there is a forum for "new discussion".

Almost all of the "lost" threads are recovered, compliments of Margoo/Mibro. Jameson thanked her for all her hard work in recovering them, but I wonder if Margoo/Mibro put a kink in Jameson's plan to "lose" the threads and then accuse others of hacking, in an effort to make her forum and herself seem important.

12. Jayelles

Barbara

Margoo/MIBRO said that she had been able to get them from her History. If her computer works the way mine does, then the reason for that is because the History uses the actual URL for each page and would be linking directly to the invisible thread in each case.

One of the posters (Evening2 perhaps) noticed that 118 threads disappeared. That is correct! However, thread #118 consisted simply of one post by Evening2:-

Evening2
    Member since 7-7-03
    04-09-04, 11:14 AM (EST)

"Where are the threads?"

Jameson, what happened to all of the current threads?

Shortly after that was posted, it too became invisble! From the front page which lists all the forums, I noticed the timestamp increment, so that was what made me suspect it was a repeat of the vanDam disappearances.

13. Jayelles

Margoo Asked

Perhaps this is all explained for you now. Your link worked because the thread was still there - it was just the link on the forum index which was deleted.

14. Barbara

118 threads disappeared????!!!!! Coincidence? Irony? Intentional? Hmmmm

15. Jayelles

Links are restored

jameson says that the threads have been recovered. Eh.....Nope - they weren't recovered because they weren't lost/missing. It is more correct to say the links have been restored (or made visible again). Her explanation for the missing threads was :-

Precisely! One which enables "Admin" to hide the threads!

16. Jayelles

How will I cope? jameson calls me an idiot and says I'm nasty (clearly I touched a nerve). She also posted a load of rubbish about the BORG gossiping about her deliberately crashing the forum. That must have been posted on a forum that I don't read.....or she dreamed it or something!

Margoo compares this to crashes at other forums and asks:-

There is a big difference between what has happened at jameson's forum and the periodic crashes/missing threads at other forums. For starters, the other forums don't charge their members to post and hence there is something less of an "obligation" to provide a certain level of service.

This is now the third time (of which I am aware anyway) that jameson has allowed her paying members to graft away at reconstructing threads which weren't missing at all - just invisible to the members (but not I will add, to the Administrator!). During the vanDam disappearing threads fiascos, it was Kit-Kat who (like Margoo) did all the work to try and recreate threads. (Incidentally, the second vanDam disappearing threads event coincided with Cletus' gagging order!)

When this happened during the vanDam case, myself and two other posters realised that something odd was going on. Giving her the benefit of the doubt, one of us asked jameson on a public forum whether she had actually "lost" the threads or if she had them backed up (the poster offered to send jameson copies of her saved threads to help rebuild the forum if not). jameson replied that she had indeed lost the current threads but declined the offer for copies of the threads saying that she wouldn't be rebuilding the forum. We knew this was untrue but we said nothing. Instead, we quickly set about saving all 2000+ of these "invisible" threads whilst we could. One of these other posters was close to the vanDams and had a vested interest in saving anything that might be libellous. Therefore, certain threads were saved with some assistance from CNN in order to validate their authenticity since jameson is known to imply that incriminatory saved threads have been edited.

About a week or a few days later and fortunately AFTER we'd gotten all the threads saved, one of jameson's own posters realised that it was possible to link to some of the missing threads and she questioned it on the forum. jameson gave her a vague response along the lines of "some of the threads were around and others weren't". Lo and behold, within a very short period of time - I recall it was less than a couple of hours - the threads did actually disappear! (Tell me that's a coincidence.)

I don't think Margoo is daft. She may write a post asking what the big deal is and that other forums have occasional "crashes" (parenthesis noted), but....... well, least said soonest mended.

According to her TOS, jameson maintains Webbsleuths and her explanations for what has happened are carefully worded with the hiccup being attributed to an "admin function". Precisely what I was suggesting all along!

17. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

So, is anyone surprised

that jameson practices deception? Seems her right hand never knows what her left hand is doing, because while she is engaging in deceptive behavior on the one hand, on the other hand she is telling everyone on her forum how honest she is. She has, however, proven otherwise with her actions in the past.

18. Jayelles

Wy

You said it. I've obviously rattled her cage on this one.

Unsurprisingly, Rainsong couldn't resist joining in with the following:-

She really is a very rude and ignorant person.

19. Jayelles

Barbara

I take it all back (what I said about Margoo not being daft). Somehow the discussion about their disappearing threads has become focused on my comment about expecting a certain level of service for $50!!! They are completely missing the real point - which is that they are being taken for mugs.

You are right. They pay $50 for the privilege of being taken for mugs. Why should I or anyone else worry about their distress over entire conferences full of hidden threads? :violin:

20. Barbara

These kind of people would pay even more than 50 dollars to be a part of Jameson's "cult". Despite all the facts out there regarding the way Jameson operates and the despicable things she has done to others (Ariana Pugh, the VanDams, other posters, etc.) they will adore her and forgive her anything.

These posters obviously don't have much of a life. It's kind of like gang mentality. They need to belong somewhere, regardless of who the gang leader is. I will also assume that Margoo, if married, doesn't have much of a marriage if she made the effort to remark on your marital status. Jealousy shows itself in many ways.

Pay no attention, Jayelles; you're great! :bow:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice