Father of missing girl reacts to charges against Seiler

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by "J_R", Apr 14, 2004.

1. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

02:52 PM CDT on Wednesday, April 14, 2004

The father of a missing Central Texas woman is reacting to news that police in Madison, Wisconsin are accusing a woman of faking her own disappearance.

Audrey Seiler was charged Wednesday with two misdemeanor counts of obstructing officers.

"I'm glad they did that. She broke the law and hurt a lot of people involved in real missing persons cases," says Robert Cooke of Georgetown. His daughter, Rachel, has been missing since January 2002.

According to a criminal complaint, 20-year-old Seiler twice told police that a man with a knife forced her to leave her apartment building on March 27, then taped her mouth and kept her subdued with cold medicine for four days before releasing her.

Police say they obtained a videotape that showed Seiler buying the knife, duct tape, rope and cold medicine she claimed her abductor used to restrain her.
    ...snip

Hundreds of people from Madison and Seiler's hometown participated in searches for her after her disappearance.

Robert Cooke knows all too well the toll that takes on those involved, and what it means to have the community behind your efforts.

"I feel like for all of us helping in missing persons cases, she made up take a big step backwards. She negated a lot of what we've been doing these last few years," adds Cooke.

Investigators said Seiler told them, "It just got so out of hand. I did not mean for it to."
    ...snip

"She should have to do community service in a search center, so that she understands the gravity of the situation," he suggests.

http://www.kvue.com/news/top/stories/041404kvueSeilerreact-eh.1256e9b82.html

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I totally agree with what RC said…from this action detracting from real cases, to her having to do community service in a search center. I am sorry for whatever is going on in Audrey's life which precipitated her feeling the need to do what she did, and I hope she gets the help she needs for that…however, you do the crime…you do the time!

3. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Audrey Seiler

"She should have to do community service in a search center, so that she understands the gravity of the situation," he suggests.

Excellent suggestion!

4. Sprocket

Sprocket Member

Well, I've read news reports that said she was trying to get the attention of her boyfriend.... When I have time, I dig up the links. I've got to run now...

All this need for attention, sounds like a BPD to me. Sorry to be so out there and blunt about it. BPD's crave attention. And they will go to GREAT lengths to get it.

5. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Authorities are proposing

a $10,000 fine and 10 months jail time if convicted of these charges of falsely reporting herself as an abducted victim. I just read it here on some news wire. I couldn't be more happy with that news. It also said that she has been very needy where her boyfriend is concerned and somehow got into his computer and found messages of a "romantic" nature from some other woman there.

Whatever her fine or jail time it can't be enough. I say hit this one hard to stop any further kids from doing something like this.

6. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Complete Report

Here's the link Sprocket was referring to on the smoking gun web site. It details the whole case and how "poor" Audrey found love e-mails to/from her BF to another girl.
    Click Here

7. VP

VP Member

Hmmm

Moab wrote:
    The "need" to do what she did? She "wanted" to do it. She "wanted" the attention. Her mistake was the involvement of the police before she was more experienced at this sort of thing. otherwise she would have gone on the rest of her life happily messing up and even destroying lives while perpetually in search of more and better attention -
    I don't understand "needing" to hurt other people with lies just to get attention - there's still knowing right from wrong no matter what is, or has, gone on in your life.

She is probably loving the press even now - by any other name, it's still attention. And if this young woman does not learn a lesson from this experience, she may go on to have children someday, and while feeling like no one is paying attention to her, she might kill one of those children and then stage the most spectacular cover-up in the history of child murders. She will get away with it because every time she is close to being caught, she will play the pity card with yet another sudden onset of stage IV cancer - no one would dare put a (three time), dying woman through the stress of a trial, much less a jail sentence, right? People will say that no one makes this kind of thing (cancer), up - and mothers don't kill their children. Anyone who challenges her story will be called cruel and will be practically lynched for even thinking she'd lie about dying. We all know, from almost 7 years of experience, she can count on it!

She will live her life pompously shrugging off accountability for her mental abuse of others because of her ever increasing sense of entitlement - fueled by the ignorance of her victims - she even begins to believe her own excuses and lies.

How many threads have we read in the past about suspicions that Patsy was abused by her father? I remember them well on JW. People looking for an excuse in case she was found guilty of killing JonBenet. Some were trying to say that Patsy's father snuck into the house that night to abuse JonBenet and then killed her. But many needed to find an excuse. My opinion is, sometimes there are no excuses, sometimes these bit*es are just evil.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2004
  8. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

No one can ever accuse you of not speaking your mind VP.

A couple of people on another board when trying to tell me Audrey was a victim and was influnced by other abductions like Dru Sjodin. That her fear of AR and other predators made her do this.

I think she better indentified herself with Elizabeth Smart and all of the attention she got. I bet she as the ES movie on videotape! I guess she never stopped to think she needed a Mitchell or someone else to blame the abduction on.

9. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Vp, Rc

Right you are, both of you!

I hope this silly drama queen Seiler has learned some sort of positive lesson from her escapade.

Big difference beteen Audrey and Patsy is age. Young persons of immature personality will do stupid things. Most of them wise up before becoming 40-year-old drama queens.

10. VP

VP Member

Trust me on this one Lurker

30, 40, 50 - makes no difference...it just depends on how long they have managed to get by with their histrioncs and pathological lying. I think the lessons they learn are the opposite of what you would hope...instead of learning there are consequences, they learn how to avoid getting caught so there will be no consequences!

11. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Audrey Seiler could stay out of jail under plea deal

Updated: 06/11/2004 02:29:30 PM - VIDEO

MADISON, Wis. - There are new developments in the case of Audrey Seiler, the Wisconsin student from Rockford who staged her own abduction.

Court documents indicate a plea agreement has been reached in the case against her.
    ...snip

On Tuesday, a plea-sentencing hearing was scheduled for June 25. As of Thursday, a notation in the court file indicates one of her attorneys has requested that date be changed.

A source close to the case tells our ABC affiliate in Madison that the plea agreement includes a joint recommendation that Seiler serves no jail time. Another recommendation, according to our source, would require Seiler to pay some sort of restitution.

Seiler had a jury trial court date scheduled for October 20th. ..snip

http://www.kstptv5.com/article/stories/S341.html

12. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Sure, let's just encourage more of this crap by spoiled little narcissists that need their hiney's tanned. What happens when the next person really goes missing? Unbelievable!

Her "restitution" should require her to spend hours (lots of them) searching for real missing people and time (lots of it) with the parents of real missing people so she knows what kind of nightmare having a missing loved one truly is for a family.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2004
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice