Patsy Ramsey wants women to GOSSIP

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/2004/April/17/LNlist3.htm

Patsy Ramsey speaks about battle with ovarian cancer

By SHELLY RIDGEWAY BETZ - For The Herald-Dispatch

Patsy Ramsey wants women to GOSSIP.

That is, she wants them to talk openly about ovarian cancer, referring to an acronym she created to encourage women to Get Ovarian Silent Symptoms in Public by simply talking about it.

Ramsey, a Parkersburg native and former Miss West Virginia beauty queen, spoke to nearly 300 guests who attended the Fourth Annual "Talk of the Town" luncheon and fashion show at the Guyan Golf and Country Club Friday, as part of a national effort to raise awareness about ovarian cancer. Attendees enjoyed lunch, live music, and fashions from The Village Collection modeled by cancer survivors and supporters.

Ramsey combined bits of humor with her personal battles against ovarian cancer, which kills some 16,000 women each year. Diagnosed in July of 1993, more than two years before the still-unsolved murder of her young daughter JonBenet, Ramsey meticulously described the frustration, fear, and hope she has faced with the three-time recurrence of the disease during the past 10 years, most recently in January of this year.

According to the American Cancer Society, more than 25,000 women will be diagnosed with ovarian cancer this year alone. With ongoing research and plans to introduce a new screening test to detect the disease in its early stages, the future looks promising.

"Women need to pay attention to what their bodies are telling them," Ramsey said. "Talk to your doctor about your family history and understand the risk factors involved," she adds. She asked several members of her family who were attending the event to stand, referring to them as "visuals" as she talked about the prevalence of cancer throughout her own family.

Maria Ciesla, president of the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition and a cancer survivor herself, talked about the good work of the organization and reminded the audience that, "We (cancer patients) may all be in different stages of this disease, but more than anything we simply want to live."

Dr. Gerard Oakley, M.D., is a gynecological oncologist at University Physicians at Cabell Huntington Hospital. "When the Joan C. Edwards Comprehensive Cancer Center at Cabell Huntington Hospital opens its doors in 2005, cancer patients throughout the region will have an even greater access to some of the best treatments available. It is truly an exciting time," he said.

"Talk of the Town" event organizer and ovarian cancer survivor Mary Glenn Rice says there is a lot of work to be done in educating people about the disease.

*snip*

2. imon128

imon128 Banned

Why did she pick such an ugly word for an acronym? GOSSIP, to me, is an ugly word. Couldn't she have found something (a word) perhaps pertinent to the disease? Oh, that's right. She likes to pick an acronym that's not pertinent and very misleading. Silly me.

3. Tricia

The incredible Why_Nutt has pointed out at WS that, once again, Patsy uses an acronym for something important in her life.

Get Ovarian Silent Symptoms in Public

Think about this. Patsy and her use of acronyms was one of the focal points of the investigation into whether Patsy was the author of the note.

You would assume she would think about this before she started using acronyms again in such a public way. Unless she just can't help it.

This proves that acronyms are ingrained in Patsy.

It will be pointed out that we now use acronyms all the time. LOL. IMHO. FWIW. I agree with that but how many of you have ever used acronyms on a regular basis in your written letters? In anything other than the Internet.

I doubt any of use used acronyms until we came to the Internet. On the other hand Patsy used acronyms throughout her life. Making the use of acronyms for Patsy a way of her life. No matter writing a fake ransom note or coming up with a name to help raise awarness of Ovarian cancer.

4. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Yeah she doesn't exactly have Gods blessing on that now does she,just another one of those Christian thingys that don't apply to THE RAMSEYS.... like bearing false witness....using psychics, ect.

5. imon128

imon128 Banned

Free! That's what crossed my mind too! How UnChristianlike for Mzz R to suggest women GOSSIP. I could probably come up with sumpthin'. I don't know, like SAGA (Seek Annual Gyne Advice???).

Not only that, but we'll see the BORI suggest that lots of folks use acronyms. Maybe, but how many of those folks had their daughter found dead in their basement, with a bogus ransom note that ended using an acronym? Oh my.

6. imon128

imon128 Banned

Jameson and her minions seem to be yukking it up about Patsy's great sense of humor (the use of the word GOSSIP) about ovarion cancer. Is that any surprise? Susan S had a great deal of yuk ups over the trials and tribulations of JB's death, too, along with Patsy and John. However, to those of us who love and care, ovarian cancer and the death of a daughter to a killer aren't laughing matters. Just one more display of Patsy and Kompany's poor taste. Let them eat eggrolls...or some other word of mine that comes to mind. Just so they put a sock in it or whatever it takes to shut that pie hole.

7. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Yeah that Patsys a real card,......under disguise of caring about womens ovarian cancer issues she uses the calling card of the ramson note that was left along with her dead, brutalized, sexually assaulted daughter in order to poke at posters on the internet that they don't pay attention to... what a gal, she certainly has been able to get on with her life completely.

Hey Patsy heres another funny, why don't you wear a garrotte to your next cancer meeting that'd be a real hoot.

8. imon128

imon128 Banned

Good one, Free. Along with that garrotte, why doesn't she take a poke at her own ovarian cancer area? Would she find THAT funny? For Cries Sake, JB's own vagina was assaulted by a physical being and Patsty's ovarian cancer was, errrr SHOULD HAVE been an assault (by nature) of some sort for a female, yet Mzzzz R finds it HUMOROUS? Oh yeah, Patster, Jameson and Kompany, it's all a hoot. I think John should put that on his list of political issues....he could list it as "My entire family is loving, caring, and Christian. Just take a look at how my wife views women's issues. If it's tragic, laugh it up and it'll help ". You just go John and Patsy...keep letting us know just what a loving, caring, Christian family you are. Oh, and don't leave out your really great friend, Susan S, who loves to impersonate the Boulder Chief of Police (online), get out guns, take one's ID, and call up a man's wife lying about his affair. What a great spokes-couple (politcally correct term??) this couple, John and Patsy Ramsey, are for our political arena. If they MUST represent a state, let it be MISSTATE. Oh, P U.

9. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

and what's up with Jams and snakes...

10. imon128

imon128 Banned

I defer to her (Jam's) knowledge of snakes......... :bow:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2004
  11. Tricia

Imon I think you brought up this point somewhere.

Would Patsy be out there doing this if John wasn't running for office?

Interesting how she is all of a sudden interested in helping others in a public way.

Charging a speaking fee of course.

12. imon128

imon128 Banned

You're right, Tricia, I did, I posted that at Cyber Sleuth forum. I think her timing is way off and very transparent. IMO, she's coming out with this PR (no pun intended) move in order to enrich her hubby's chances of becoming the politician, which would also put Patsy in front of the camera, merely by osmosis. Her list of accolades is short (at this time??) and she'd be hard pressed to be John's "Jackie O" with her current list of credits of helping others. That list of helping others, to date, is short to nonexistant. You'd more likely see photos of her taking pictures of the photographers, sipping cool ones on her deck or at some Charlevoix fun type days, etc.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2004
  13. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Can anyone account for the "several grandchildren" she mentioned?

I only know about one for sure.

14. Ginja

Ginja Member

Acronyms

How does she get away with it? I mean, really! What in the hell is wrong with the BDA's office that they can't recognize so many of the clues that link Patsy to her daughter's murder.

They KNEW about her penchant for acronyms 7 years ago!

But the so-called legal beagals are on her side out there in Boulder. She knows it and now she flaunts it once again with her involvement with the Cancer Assoc. and her unveiling of "GOSSIP"...

It's as if she's taunting (and knowing PR, she is!) the BPD saying catch me if you can, knowing full well that her friends in the BDA aren't going to pursue this at all.

Just :(:(:(:(es me off.

Tricia, you really need to dump on Owens. The Ramseys' behavior is really outrageous and as governor, he should be ashamed of himself for allowing the BDA's office to team up with murderers, letting them walk like this.

15. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Well, I heard......

That a certain someone's uterous had to bee removed because it wasn't getting enough contraction action due to size mattering.

Pass it on.

RR

16. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Rr,

Huh? What does that mean?

17. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

It's Gossip

It's not supposed to make sense.

RR

18. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Rr,

Oh, Ok.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice