2 out of 140

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Apr 28, 2004.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

This is the last update that I could find from the Boulder Police Department. Beckner has told us that there are ONLY 2 individuals under the umbrella of suspicion - out of 140 suspects.

:verdict:

Ramsey Case Update #81

CITY OF BOULDER NEWS RELEASE

April 30, 2001

Jennifer Bray, Media Relations, (303) 441-3090

www.ci.boulder.co.us

NEWS

Ramsey case update #81

Chief Mark Beckner responds to media questions about Lou Smit's television appearance

In response to questions about Lou Smit and his Ramsey case theories, the Boulder Police Department believes it would be improper to debate the merits of the evidence in the public arena.

Both Police and District Attorney investigators have been aware of Lou Smit's theories and interpretation of the evidence since 1997. Lou Smit left the investigation in the fall of 1998 and has not been involved for the last 2 ½ years of ongoing investigation. The case and development of evidence has changed significantly over that period of time.

"We certainly do not know what Mr. Smit hopes to accomplish, but we do not wish to have public debate about what evidence we do and do not have," Chief Mark Beckner said. "We will simply continue to do the work we've been doing."

Current facts and figures related to the investigation are as follows:
    Number of people formally interviewed to date: More than 600. Note: Many have been interviewed more than one time.
    Number of outside experts and consultants utilized to date: More than 60.
    Number of persons investigated as possible suspects to date: About 140.
    Number of items of evidence logged into property to date: About 1,400.
    Approximate size of investigative case file to date: About 40,000 pages.
    Number of phone tips: About 5,200
    Number of letters received in reference to Ramsey case: More than 3,500.
    Number of states investigation has taken Boulder Police to: 17
    There will be no further comments by the Police Department.

---CITY--

2. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

"Both Police and District Attorney investigators have been aware of Lou Smit's theories and interpretation of the evidence since 1997. Lou Smit left the investigation in the fall of 1998 and has not been involved for the last 2 ½ years of ongoing investigation. The case and development of evidence has changed significantly over that period of time."

Shame on Keenan for bending over backwards to ensure that Smit would be allowed to once again share the evidence against the Ramseys with the Ramseys.

How can the People of Boulder feel safe with her in charge of protecting them?! :yow:

RR

3. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I don't know, RR, after this many years, one might be inclined to think the people of Boulder actually enjoy having an incompetent for a DA - maybe they like it that way. Hey, actions speak louder than words, right?

4. Ginja

Ginja Member

That's the ticket

Perhaps this is the REAL problem in Boulder...the residents. There is no MAJOR crime in Boulder and what little white collar BS that does wind up in litigation is quickly settled out of court by a DA's office who refuses to prosecute.

I guess I wouldn't mind that kind of policy myself if I had my druthers...that is, if I had a tendency to commit minor crimes, knowing I wouldn't get prosecuted.

Gives the people of Boulder a out.

Besides, the murderers left town practically immediately, so why get all riled up and demand justice in dragging their sorry asses back to town to go through another circus for a trial as happened with the grand jury.

I mentioned this in another post yesterday (or the day before) that maybe our "audience" is all wrong here in demanding justice for JonBenet. Perhaps it's all been falling on deaf ears because Boulderites don't want to ruffle their feathers for people and crimes that were simply ships passing in the night (in their neighborhood).

IOW, maybe the focus of demanding justice should be made against the people of Boulder...shame them into realizing that their total disregard for the law in their community is a crime in and of itself. Public humiliation as well as uncovering such a scandal may have better results than making demands on incompetent prosecutors and politicians.

5. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

IMO, that's the very thing the Boulderites, including the BDA, want to get away from. I think the way this case was handled in its early years was such a shocking embarassment to them, and brought so much negative attention down on them, that they needed it to just go away to restore their delusional perfect image. They've already been publicly humiliated and the scandal of many officials' corruption and incompetence were uncovered. And the scramble was on to bury it all with "that child."

Frankly, the Ramseys were a good fit in Boulder; they all seem to be only concerned about what the world thinks of them rather than solving murders, ensuring their own safety and making Boulder a truly nice place to live. As long as they can spin a FALSE image, it's easier than doing all the work to create a better reality. Vanity, thy name is Boulder....

That's why I have so much respect for the Whites. Why they haven't relocated to a truly nice little community elsewhere is beyond me, but I am very grateful to them for continuing their own fight for justice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice