Hello From the Wonderful Land of Boulder.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I am happy to report that we have recieved an incredible reception in Boulder and Denver. All positive.

Our petition book has a beautiful picture of JonBenet on it. River Rat used it as a sign in the airport when we were picking up the other members.

So many people gave River Rat postive feed back I was shocked.

The media has been wonderful. Lots of coverage about the petition.

Tomorrow we meet at the capital with the Governor's chief counsel. I am delighted that we got any kind of meeting.

Just so you all know everyone here with me from FFJ are crazy. Except me.

In fact they are all next door whoopin' it up. I think I'll call security and have them thrown out.LOL.

River Rat, Voyager, Zoomama and Colorado Babe are a pretty damn great group of ladies. I am proud to call them my friends.

More later.

Tricia

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Oh, now you've gone and done it, Tricia. Now I really am feeling blue because I'm here and you guys are there. Yes, I am feeling very jealous.

Well, then, look at that - great reception from the locals, lots of thumbs up to RR holding the sign - I think most honest and fair people agree there should be a new prosecutor appointed and an independent investigation, as far away from anyone who has ever been associated with the JBR investigation as they can get.

BOTLOF (be on the lookut for) any grass roots reporter stalking around, and be sure to give her my best. Also BOTLOF any greasy-haired, slow-eyed witch riding around on her broom and cackling. I hear you're allowed to shoot low-flying witches in Boulder. Ha.

I'll be thinking about all of you all day today and the rest of the weekend, you lucky dawgs. Have just the best time together and let Owens know the members of FFJ are not going to let this case go away.

3. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

I'm jealous too

I will be thinking of you guys all day.

Is RiverMouse really 6 feet tall?
    Does Voyager smoke?
    Did CB pick you guys up?
    Did Zoomama bring any animals with her?
    Did I forget someone? VP? did she show up?

Can't wait to hear more.

I'm so proud of FFJ ! ! ! ! ! ! !

4. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Bless you on your noble mission. And God bless JonBenet.

We are with you in spirit.

5. Twitch

Twitch Active Member

Me too!

:hiya:

I'm jealous too.

I thought RRat was petite. . . a size 2 and all. And that reminds me, somebody see to it that VP gets a good meal while she's there.

Good luck and congrats on the great reception.

6. Ginja

Ginja Member

I'm with you in spirit

Dang, I wish I was there with you all! Take FULL advantage of the media and spell everything out for them as we spelled it out in the petition and Ryan spelled out in his article!

I saw on another thread where Owens wasn't going to meet with you unless you had new information. I think you do! Isn't he talking "new" since his '99 statement? I'll talk more in the other thread on this.

Just want you all to know that I wish you the best and do whatever needs to be done to stay in the media spotlight! And like I said, spell it all out for the media because they have a tendency not to "read" reports, especially if they're long. :bow:

7. Elle

Elle Member

Wishing I was there too!

Thanks for the update, Tricia. Your news sounds positive!

8. purr

purr Active Member

Go Bee Girls Go

I just had to say it again....

Go Bee Girls Go........

Sting Em in Boulder!!!

I cant wait to hear all The Buzz..

Waiting patiently in the Bee Hive,
    purr

Attached Files:

9. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

You know I would be there with all of you if I could be. Thanks to each of you for representing the forum and a special thanks to you CB for welcoming the forum members who traveled to Boulder to present the petition. :grouphug:

10. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

So, Gov. Owens is sending his head lawyer to meet you. Well now, this is interesting. Ok, ladies, show 'em what FFJ's made of and DO your thang! Hooray for the press! Hooray for the folks of Boulder!

11. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Waiting for Updates

How nice to know that FFJ'ers are receiving a warm reception in Denver.

I will be anxiously awaiting a report on what the Gov's attorney has to say.

12. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Well, well, well............

All I can say is that this visit has gone so well that I am finally speechless!

We were overwhelmed by the response we received considering what you may be reading from others that really do not have a clue. The Governor's staff gave me a renewed hope with their beyond the call of duty attention given to our mission. We were granted over an hour of their time, they were prepared - as were we - according to the Gov's press secretary. He said that the Governor will review our information and consider our request - not that we expect a Special Prosecutor to be appointed, but we are thrilled at the time and response and attention that we were given and the media attention shined back on JonBenet as deservingly so.

More later - it's very late and we are trying to stay awake to watch Gretta cover this issue. Thank you all for your support - you should all be proud of Tricia for being all that she can Bee.

RR!

13. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Wow, RR, I wish I could find the words to tell you all how grateful I am that you took time out of your personal lives to travel to Boulder for this very noble cause. I don't think we could have had a better team or reps, and, yes, Tricia is more than amazing, isn't she.

As for the usual detractors, there are always going to be those with their own agendas who will spit and spew and gripe, but they've been discredited so many times themselves, nobody even cares what they say anymore. I just think it's hysterical to watch those who have always hated each other now give high fives to each other for dissing our group. It's pretty telling that the only strength they can find is in joining with their own enemies.

I am glad the meeting went well and only wish I could have been there. I don't think any of us ever thought the Petition was going to result in Owens appointing a special prosecutor; Tricia made that clear at the very beginning (something the cacklers either didn't read or have conveniently forgotten). What I do see happening here, though, is much more than I ever expected - that someone from Owens' office would actually meet with you for over an hour and not just accept the Petition and say don't call us, we'll call you. Our representatives have also given notice that we aren't going to let this case go away, and a good deal of positive publicity has been generated for JonBenet, something that has been lacking of late while the case is in limbo, in spite of Keenan's claims to the contrary that they are "making progress."
    Sorry, I'm not buying that line.

If nothing else, I think this should prove to Boulder authorities, and to the governor, that our resolve is strong and will remain so. We are sincere in wanting to have a truly unbiased investigation into the JBR case, including investigating how both investigations (BPD and DA's) were conducted and how conflicts between them as well as cozying up to defense attorneys by the DA's office affected the case.

Those who sit back and condemn FFJ members for demanding accountability from public officials should ask themselves why they are so afraid of a completely new and unbiased investigation (that's out of the jurisdiction of the BPD and DA's office and anyone previously connected to the investigation). If they feel they are so right in their belief that an intruder committed the crime, then they should not fear a fair and inpartial investigation - something that the present "investigation" is not.

It's no small thing to give up four or five days of one's own life, pay for airline tickets and hotel rooms, take time off work, leave family and pets, and travel, in some cases, thousands of miles just to personally deliver a Petition and ask for a fair investigation and justice for a little girl who was killed over 7 years ago. It's expensive and exhausting, and so worth it.

RR, that Tricia - she's something else, isn't she? She's like the energizer bunny - she just keeps going. Those who have never met her have no idea how truly dedicated she is - none of this is for show, and she couldn't care less about notoriety for herself. She is after publicity for JonBenet Ramsey, not herself. She is at the top of my list of people I admire, because I know how hard she's worked and how serious she is about helping the victims of crime.

Keep us informed, ladies. I'm button-busting proud to be a member of FFJ.

14. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Daily Camera- Saturday

http://www.dailycamera.com/bdc/city_news/article/0,1713,BDC_2422_2852419,00.html

Owens aide hears JonBenet request
    Women seeking special prosecutor say hearing was fair

By Ryan Morgan, Camera Staff Writer
    May 1, 2004

DENVER — Four women who traveled from around the country to ask Gov. Bill Owens to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the JonBenet Ramsey murder said Friday they made some progress toward their goal.

Tricia Griffith, who launched the Web site Forums for Justice, met with Cynthia Honssinger, Owens' chief legal counsel, for about 45 minutes Friday. Many of the Internet group's members say they suspect that John and Patsy Ramsey were involved in the 1996 slaying of their daughter.

Advertisement

Even though Owens on Thursday said he saw no need to appoint a special prosecutor, Griffith said Honssinger gave her a fair hearing.

"We are very pleased with the welcome we received. The governor's legal counsel was very polite and very welcoming," said Griffith, who came from Park City, Utah. She added that she doesn't expect her presentation to make a difference overnight.

"Do I think a special prosecutor will be appointed tomorrow? No," she said.

Griffith and others cite a 1985 Colorado Supreme Court decision requiring prosecutors who testify in civil litigation related to their prosecutorial duties to recuse themselves to make way for a special prosecutor. Since Boulder County District Attorney Mary Keenan's name appears on a witness list in a civil suit related to the Ramsey murder, a special prosecutor should take over, Griffith said.

Dan Hopkins, a spokesman for Owens, said Honssinger would weigh carefully the evidence Griffith presented Friday.

"She's going to review all of the information that they left with her and run it past the governor and see if there's anything new or different in there that would warrant" a special prosecutor, Hopkins said

Owens appointed a special prosecutor in February to investigate allegations that the University of Colorado used sex to lure football recruits.

That first-ever appointment of a special prosecutor by Owens should set a precedent and pave the way for one in the JonBenet case, say both Griffith and Fleet White, a former friend of the Ramseys, who last month asked Owens to make such an appointment.

15. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

16. Elle

Elle Member

Great News!

Enjoying reading the update and the excellent posts. I am so proud to be a member of "Forums For Justice" Tricia! A big "thank you" to all of the posters who went with you!

17. Niner

Niner Active Member

Agree!!!

Right ON guys!!! :yay: :yay: :rolling: :thumbsup: :hug:

Waiting for MORE updates! :yes:

18. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Terrific!

It's quite obvious that Gov. Owens does not find the petition or its presenters "irrelevant" as the hick lawyer Lin Wood would have us believe.
    That Owens assigned one of his very best attorneys to sit down and consult with the petitioners for almost an hour is an indication of his respect for the FFJ women and their cause.

A seed has been planted...one that may grow into the appointment of a Special Prosecutor to bring the murderer(s) of JonBenet before the bar of justice.

Well done, Tricia, Voyager, zoomama, and River Rat!

19. Ginja

Ginja Member

I'm just catching up...

on all the threads of the trip and want to congratulate the forum ladies for getting "inside" the governor's office for an hour! Ooooooooweeeeeee! That's more than ANYONE's gotten, including those who shall not be named but are recognized by their very green color!!!

Friday night I caught a blurb of the FfJ visit on Fox News and yeeeehaaawed that such "irrelevancy" got not only attention from the Governor's office, but on national news.

I hope the Governor's attorney sees the light and passes it on to Owens.

20. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Just wanted to share with you all of it!

I will in no way be able to share the tremendous morning at the Capitol in Denver...but I will try. After walking 3 blocks in a blowing snow and rain we all then climbed up the 2 flights of stairs to the building itself. The building is imposing with its gold dome in the snow. Folks, it was freezing there that morning. Once inside we didn't have a clue which was the west entrance. We had been told the news media would be at the West entrance so after going here and there we finally found it. Now walking in the snow with no head covering at all meant that all the effort at a decent hair comb job for us all was foolish. But there was Tricia asking for her brush..".Where's my brush, where's my brush?" Then it began!!!!! There were 2 news cameramen inside where it was warm and 3 outside on the steps where it was freezing. Tricia held court as only a media queen can do with the outside crew. I was there for support only of course. Finally that was over and we came inside and headed for the Govenor's office. Got lost iside but then finally found it. Now here comes the best part for at least Voyager and myself. As we were walking inside this grand and awsome marble lined building there were 100's of school children there on a field trip. One such group of kids was singing God Bless America. The news media found us walking and filmed us walking down the hallway to the beautiful strains of GBA into the Gov's office. THAT my dear forum friends was A MOMENT IN TIME. It was not to be forgotten. Anyway then we went into the office where the Gov press Secty greeted us and asked us to be seated on these two couches. We first had to remove our snow dripping coats. The atmosphere in that office was warm, friendly and so energised.....They wanted to hear what WE had to say. I mean that so strongly. They welcomed us. Tricia then began another set of interviews on camera. There were two semi lengthy interviews from 2 separate film crews. During one of these interviews I glanced across the room and saw this pretty young lady standing there looking on at all of this with a warm smile. That turned out to be Cynthia, the Gov's chief legal council. After some minutes the interviews were finished and it was time to meet with Cynthia...Oh and the news crews asked if they could do an interview after meeting with Cynthia. Tricia agreed of course.

Cynthia took us around the hallways in this beautiful building to her wing of the capitol and into a small conference room. Then we all took a seat and Tricia began with her work. She carefully explained our purpose for the visit and showed Cynthia the press book that she had prepared. All during this visit Cynthia took notes or asked questions about things as Tricia went along. Cnythia had a good working knowledge of the case and showed us that she cared. I mean that sincerely. She joked with us and was a very intellengent and warm representitive of the govy himself. Each one of us was able to speak her with on point about some aspect of the case. At some point the CD I was carrying to give to her came center stage. This CD is the one that Tricia got in the mail from an anonymous source. It has some of the deposition of John and Patsy on it as well some of the handwriting comparisons between Patsy and the ransom note, Steve Thomas reading form his book, and the Govy himself speaking. Tricia had mentioned all of this at the time she got it but I had forgotten all about it. Well it was my little job to carry the CD and now Cynthia has it. She asked a lot of questions about it and even got to joking about being a PI to see who it came from. Even though we were in this conference room for close to an hour the time just flew by. When it finally ended and we were preparing to leave Cynthia asked, "Why the Bee pins?" So Tricia told her all about the bumble bee. We all got up from our chairs and Cynthia went around the room and hugged each one of us. You know a nice handshake would have been fine but we all got a hug. This lady is a genuine article.

Now these are my impressions of the meeting with Cynthia. I'll leave the impact of it all to others to tell. But I will say that we were on a high when we left that room. We came, we saw and we were heard. It was wonderful.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice