Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Rachel's Aunt Diane mans the RunTex registration desk at RunTex La Frontera. Registrations have been slow this year perhaps due to all the rain we've had but the sun came out today so...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

Rachel's Aunt Elaine chats with Donnie at RunTex La Frontera.
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

The 2004 Run/Walk T-shirt is displayed on the registration table.

Smile

Thank you Moab. You are an angel for posting these so quickly. I appreciate it and I am sure RC does too. OK I am really going to bed now even if sleep fails me. Dark o'clock comes way too early. Yawn....

BTW, people are saying this is the best t-shirt design yet.

I'll be back after the race with pictures of the race so stand by if you would Darlin' ZZZZzzzzzz....zzz.....zz....z..
    Never let the children, Elders, the sick, or the infirm be exploited.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Let's bring all our missing and military home safely!

All of my thoughts written here are my constitutionally protected opinion.

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

©

The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

The 3rd Annual Run/Walk for Rachel Cooke was held this morning at Old Settler's park in Round Rock, Texas. RC, members of the Cooke family, and MAC arrived at the park as early as 5:45 a.m. (knowing Grandpa maybe even 5:30) to start setting up for the event. JR managed to straggle in slightly after 6 a.m. arriving only a few minutes "late," to start making a permanent record of the event on camera.

"Dark o'clock," coffee is perking and everyone has started munching on the Round Rock donuts MAC picked up on her way to the park.

Photo ©Jacqueline L. Riggs 2004
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

B.A.C.A. (Bikers Against Child Abuse) teamed with the Cookes again this year and held court around the delicious donuts until it was time to manage the parking. (He may look tough but he has a heart as sweet as that donut when it comes to children - just don't abuse one - donuts are not too sweet either once they sit for a while.)

http://www.bacausa.com/

Last edited by Tricia; May 15, 2004, 5:52 pm at Sat May 15 17:52:57 UTC 2004.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.

The media also recorded the event and word has it the photographer didn't get her camera up quick enough this year.

Robert and Janet interview with News 8 Austin.
    Last edited by Tricia; May 15, 2004, 5:22 pm at Sat May 15 17:22:28 UTC 2004.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

There has been a lot of rain in Central Texas this week. Many people are now dealing with their ruined homes - two days after heavy rain poured over parts of Central Texas. This may be one of the reasons registrations were down about 50% for the Run/Walk this year. Your heart breaks for the people who are dealing with the loss of their homes and it breaks for the RC and his family who worked so hard to make the Run/Walk for Rachel a successful event.

Rachel's Aunt Diane takes walk in registrations at the park.

tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

For the third year in a row, RunTex was a major sponsor for the Run/Walk. Their sponsorship and hard work is greatly appreciated by the Cooke family.

tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

...and Travis County Search and Rescue did a great job providing first aid though thank goodness it was the "Dr. Mom" variety only today and there were no serious injuries.

tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

Finally, some 2 hours after RC and crew arrived at the park, Rachel's Uncle David said a prayer and then Chief Deb stepped up to the mike and sang our National Anthem A Cappella. For someone who agreed to be an alternate singer only two days ago she did not appear even the tiniest bit nervous when she stepped up to that mike - she did an awesome job!

tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

Default Great Pictures

Rachel's supporters are so faithful.

Darn all that rain, thoguh!